Wedding Planner Volunteer Information

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Angie in Brooklyn, New York

43 months ago

Hi all

I'm around these boards from time to time and I like to pass on information as I find it for others to benefit. I see lots of post offering their services on a volunteer bases. If you want to volunteer do it through a Wedding or Event organization.

AFWPI offers student memberships for $65 a year. They are in the process of setting up intern opportunities with this membership. Shoot them an email and find out if the school you are taking a class from qualifies. (if it does please come back and post the school so others will know)

ISES offers student membership for $35 and you have to be willing to volunteer your services in assisting with events. Not sure what exactly they will have you doing but again shoot them an email. ( come back and post your info) The membership is good for one year I think, it might be two not sure its on their website.

I sent ISES and AFWPI an email and will come back and post my findings.

As always good luck in your journey!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anggela in Hackensack, New Jersey

41 months ago

Thanks Angie,

I would look into this. I have been thinking about becoming an event/wedding planner, because I just love to plan events. Hopefully this will help because I have hit a wall looking for a paid or unpaid intership

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Donchell in Willingboro, New Jersey

38 months ago

Anggela in Hackensack, New Jersey said: Thanks Angie,

I would look into this. I have been thinking about becoming an event/wedding planner, because I just love to plan events. Hopefully this will help because I have hit a wall looking for a paid or unpaid intership

Please email me your resume, I am looking for an intern. Also a note why you want to become a wedding planner. My business is Weddings2Plan.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.