What to Call a Book full of Information

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Shirley in Falls Church, Virginia

83 months ago

I am creating a book/binder for my new boss that is coming in. The binder will have information in it such as calling rosters, a breakdown of all programs, bios,etc. I just don't know what to title the darn binder. I wanted to put "Bible" on it, but don't want to offend him.

Please suggest a few names for the binder that will contain all the information he will look at hopefully on a daily basis, information I will updateon a regular basis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rochelle in Dallas, Texas

82 months ago

What about calling it the "Everything you need to know" binder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Norwich, Connecticut

82 months ago

Keep it simple....

Program Directories
Calling Rosters
Executive Bio's
&
General Information

Place in binder with cover title (as above), tabs, and binder spine. Wilson jones makes the binder spines w/templates too.

Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Walter51 in Roselle, Illinois

82 months ago

New Employee Orentation
- or -
Orentation Handbook
- or -
Administative Overview Summary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alice in Phoenix, Arizona

79 months ago

Shirley in Falls Church, Virginia said: I am creating a book/binder for my new boss that is coming in. The binder will have information in it such as calling rosters, a breakdown of all programs, bios,etc. I just don't know what to title the darn binder. I wanted to put "Bible" on it, but don't want to offend him.

Please suggest a few names for the binder that will contain all the information he will look at hopefully on a daily basis, information I will updateon a regular basis.

I always keep such a binder at my fingertips and title it "Quick Reference".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Small Town near Big Town in Charlotte, North Carolina

65 months ago

Shirley in Falls Church, Virginia said: I am creating a book/binder for my new boss that is coming in. The binder will have information in it such as calling rosters, a breakdown of all programs, bios,etc. I just don't know what to title the darn binder. I wanted to put "Bible" on it, but don't want to offend him.

Simply call it XYZ Corporate Reference
Then think of what info he would use most frequently (phone directory by dept, etc.), Policies and Procedures, Forms, etc. Maybe look @ your orientation notebook when you started and look at that format.

One thing I've done for my group was send an excel sheet listing the top 50 things they asked about. The headers were topic, description, contact, quick tips (like how to fill in form, date if something needed to be AP to be paid, holiday schedules, etc.) For the topic, it was a hyperlink to the web page on company's system. I sent an e-mail asking for 5-10 things they needed daily, weekly, monthly, etc. and/or things they really wanted to find quickly.

Book @ my desk was ~250 pages long w/printed form etc. for each link, I just kept adding. But, it was used 5-15 times/day. So, the time was well worth the effort.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.