Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming executive administrative assistant interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Amy

94 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming executive administrative assistant interview?

If you can, find out how many people will be in the interview panel. Bring copies of previous projects you have worked on. Present them to the interview panels when as part of answers to the questions if they apply or find the right moment to present.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jo

93 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming executive administrative assistant interview?
How do I answer the question what makes you stand out from the other administrative assistants, what are your strenghts and weaknesses, why should we hire you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (119) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Carol Rey in Richmond, Virginia

85 months ago

I have found that the STAR method works best for all interview questions and you can look for behavioral questions online and use the STAR method to prep some answers ahead of time that you can practice. STAR stands for Situtation, Task, Action and Result. i.e. Tell me about a time when you had to work within very tight time constraints and limited resources to complete a project. Answer: S-There was a specific volunteer project I worked on as a team lead in June 2006. I had to seperate my limited resource pool of 8 volunteers into 3 workstreams to accomplish the setup of a one day 300 volunteer project to service a community platform called St. Josephs with installation/upgrade of computers, landscaping, filing, and a kids field day event. T-I broke the small team into groups based on their strengths and skill-sets. I then let each team utilize those strengths and mine to work through defining the logistics of the volunteer event. A-I blah blah blah (you get the point). R-The defining moment was the end of the day at the event and looking at the statistics from the day--180 bushes and plants added, 800 files purged, 40 computers upgraded and 10 new computers installed, 1 entire truck of ice cream inhaled by kids and volunteers, 160 faces painted. I was very proud of the accomplishments of the day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

ELISY in Englewood, New Jersey

80 months ago

THE JOB DESCRIPTION REDS: Have a passion for gender equality--Manage flow and processing of information to the team take other assignments as required../ etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanne in Lake Oswego, Oregon

79 months ago

Get a good nights sleep, pleasant dreams help, a great cup of coffee in the morning, (starbucks)! then have yourself a great early morning breakthrough with confidence and planning like you are going to visit with great old friends, relaxed and confident. The organizational skills and time management degree will come in handy at this time, and you know the rest@ good luck, you'll land this one!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.