anna sui internships

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 158)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

marie in Dublin, Ireland

74 months ago

hi, just wondering if anyone has worked as an intern for anna sui in new york. just looking for some feedback. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Dahdae in Jersey City, New Jersey

72 months ago

Sorry for the typos.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mbaileyworden@gmgail.com in New York, New York

69 months ago

marie in Dublin, Ireland said: hi, just wondering if anyone has worked as an intern for anna sui in new york. just looking for some feedback. thanks

I worked at anna's a few years ago, not as an intern. I was the assistant to Michael Pelligrino. It is a great place to work. You will enjoy it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

janni in Holstebro, Denmark

68 months ago

Hi
I know you guys wrote here a long time ago but I'm hoping you will see this and answer me anyways!
I'm a danish design student and I just got two internships in New York for 5 weeks...now I have to turn one of them down! I really don't know which one...but one of them is Anna Sui! I know that's big and would be great i'm sure..but the other one is danish and the company is much smaller...how much do you get to experience at Anna Sui? Do you get to do anything else but running errands? Not that I would mind that, but I'm trying to figure out which one would be the best and how much I would learn...
The other designer is Camilla Staerk...I don't know if you know her...

Janni

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

hgthg in Temple City, California

68 months ago

Both Anna Sui and Camilla Staerk are really good to intern for!! Staerk is pretty well known too! Both different styles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Yearh they have very different styles...and I love both...I'm just wondering if I would get to see and do more things at one of them...it's hard..of course Camilla Staerk is Danish, but maybe I would rather experience a designer from an other country. I don't know...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Yorktown Heights, New York

67 months ago

hey i was wondering if i was interested in doing an internship at anna sui's who should i contact?

67 months ago

Renee in Yorktown Heights, New York said: hey i was wondering if i was interested in doing an internship at anna sui's who should i contact?

Hi

I got the internship by sending an application to the e-mail which you can find on the www.annsui.com!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rakelsolros in Reykjavík, Iceland

67 months ago

Hi,
I was google-ing "anna sui internship" and found this discussion here. I as well got an internship with Anna Sui for one month this summer!

Janni: When will you be there for 5 weeks? And in what department? And isn't Stærk's studio in London? That is what I read from her website but I love her, she is a great designer.

67 months ago

Hi

Congrats on your internship:)
I am interning from March 16. to April 22.! When is your internship?

Stærk used to have a studio in London but she moved to New York a few years ago....

Janni

67 months ago

My internship is from 15th of July to 14th of August :) I can't wait! Look forward to hearing from your internship and hopefully some advise. In what department will you be working? I'll be in the design department :)

67 months ago

Hey
I'll also be in the design department! A shame it's not in the same time as you, but I will deffinently write back to you and let you know how it is:) Maybe I'll write an update in here when my internship has started!

67 months ago

That would be lovely! It's so comforting to know about someone doing the same! In what year are studying? Are you in Danmarks Designskole? There is one exchange student here in my school from Danmarks Designskole :)

Also, will you go alone? Have you got accommodation for this period? I've been searching for apartments on craigslist.org and it seems to be very hard to get an apartment rented for only one month and not pay a lot!

67 months ago

Yea I am also very happy to hear from others who have chosen the same thing as me...I have been pretty nervous about it but now I am just looking so much forward to it!
No i'm actually not on Danmarks Designskole, but a school called TEKO in the other part of the country:) It's a bit more business minded, but I would like to go to Danmarks Designskole some day for further education. What is your school called?

I have been searching a lot for accommodation and ended up asking Madge, the contact person at Anna Sui...she said many interns had stayed at The Webster (www.websterapartments.org)...I am waiting for an application form right now...it sound great but of course it is not cheap..but nothing seems to be cheap, and I don't want to live at a dorm!!

I have also looked at a place called The Markle, don't remember the adresse but try to google it!

67 months ago

And yea i'm going alone but a girl from my class is going to New York too..

67 months ago

These places you mentioned look very nice and actually have a reasonable price. But I'll probably go with my boyfriend and 2 other classmates who are trying to find an internship. I went alone to NY the summer of 2007 to the ESL course at FIT. It was a fantastic summer so it's not as scary to be alone in New York as I thought because the 2nd there you've already made friends :) Good luck! Hope to hear some more!

Wendy in Raleigh, North Carolina

66 months ago

I try looking at anna sui website for internship opportunity and could not find anywhere on the page that as offer internships...is there another website that I go to a direct link to the internship website....please

Hannah Vargon in Columbia, Missouri

66 months ago

I just got the Anna Sui Internship as well! Ill be there all summer! Can't wait!

66 months ago

Hi
Wendy, just write them an e-mail, that's what I did.....Write an application and include a picture and cv....Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lexy in Mount Kisco, New York

65 months ago

Hi,

I too will be interning at Anna Sui. I'll be in the showroom will anyone else be there too? Also, I read that you recieve a $250 clothing allowance per month, does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!

janni in Herning, Denmark

65 months ago

Hi

It's true that you recieve a clothing allowance...I read that too...but I think you have to be there for over a month to recieve it!
Goog luck

65 months ago

janni in Holstebro, Denmark said: Hey
I'll also be in the design department! A shame it's not in the same time as you, but I will deffinently write back to you and let you know how it is:) Maybe I'll write an update in here when my internship has started!

Hi there!
So you've started your internship? Please tell me everything! How is it? Is it a really big company? Are there many other interns there? And what have you mainly been doing?

Ema popovic in Belgrade, Serbia

65 months ago

Hi there....
I want to know is there any internship for highschool student?

65 months ago

I have no clue - I think you just have to send them an email and ask.

65 months ago

ok..Thanks

65 months ago

i forgot to ask....anybody knows hot to write resume with cover letter for internship? Please help..

janni in New York, New York

65 months ago

rakelsolros in Reykjavík, Iceland said: Hi there!
So you've started your internship? Please tell me everything! How is it? Is it a really big company? Are there many other interns there? And what have you mainly been doing?

Hi

Yes I've started my internship! It is not very big at the showroom, I thought it would have been much bigger! But people are nice and it is interesting to see how everything works around there! Why don't you write me an e-mail and I'll tell you some more!

Janni

65 months ago

janni in New York, New York said: Hi

Yes I've started my internship! It is not very big at the showroom, I thought it would have been much bigger! But people are nice and it is interesting to see how everything works around there! Why don't you write me an e-mail and I'll tell you some more!

Janni

But I don't have your email! You can find me on Facebook if you have it and send me a message, my full name is Rakel Sólrós Jóhannsdóttir so you will probably find me easily :) I don't want to post my email here if somebody would start sending me some junkmail :)

But aren't working in the design department? What are you doing in the showroom? :)

65 months ago

Of course to write me an e-mail you would need my e-mail:) it is janni_ellegaard@yahoo.dk

65 months ago

Hm your right...hope no one will send me any junk now:) I added you on facebook, so just accept me and I can tell you all about it:)
The showroom is in the same place as the design department and the adress is kind of called "Anna Sui Showroom"...and I'm mostly in the design department, but we all help where we can! Text me on facebook!

eddy in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

64 months ago

mbaileyworden@gmgail.com in New York, New York said: I worked at anna's a few years ago, not as an intern. I was the assistant to Michael Pelligrino. It is a great place to work. You will enjoy it!

I am looking for jobs in fashion design, and I welcome any jobs that you all out there know the where bouts I appreciate it so much. I am ready to start my career off with fashion because I adore fashion so much. Thanks!

Jenna in Oak Park, Michigan

64 months ago

Do you know what kinds of internships there are, besides in the design department, what kinds of qualifications you have to have to get them and what the deadlines are for internships there? I would love to get one, but fear I might be too late!

64 months ago

I'm not sure about the qualifications but interest in fashion is of course a must and to be able to basically work A LOT and for Anna Sui they have a lot of departments but smaller houses don't have so many departments. Deadlines.. I think it's best to look for internships at least 2 month prior to when you want to start.

Jenna in Oak Park, Michigan

64 months ago

rakelsolros in Reykjavík, Iceland said: I'm not sure about the qualifications but interest in fashion is of course a must and to be able to basically work A LOT and for Anna Sui they have a lot of departments but smaller houses don't have so many departments. Deadlines.. I think it's best to look for internships at least 2 month prior to when you want to start.

Oh, okay. Thank you so much for the information! I definitely have an interest in fashion, she's such an amazing designer! I'm just not a designer (even though I'd like to be!) so, I would love to work one of my other skills within the same industry instead.

NINA in Europe

64 months ago

Hello guys!!!! I need a little help..I am looking for internship in fashion journalism or Fashion PR..Can someone help?

Lexy in Yorktown Heights, New York

64 months ago

Hi Nina,

Do you have any experience in fashion journalism or PR? If so, I can probably help you. Unfortunatly, its all about connections and experience in this business.

Best,
Lexy

NINA in Europe

64 months ago

yes for sure I have..I write for my own fashion blog and also collaborate with other fashion magazines online. I also did an internship in PR Agency in Europe. Please email me at totallymisslikey@gmail.com

Lexy in Yorktown Heights, New York

64 months ago

Hi Nina,

send me your resume at lexytrawick@yahoo.com and I will pass it along.

Best,
Lexy

lulu in New York, New York

63 months ago

I'm wondering what are the other departments besides the design department at Anna Sui's?

63 months ago

Departments:

Design // Sample Room // Pattern making // Production // Showroom // Business Office // Customer Servie/Accounting // Anna Sui Downtown Retail Store

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nandita Singh in Bangalore, India

63 months ago

I interned with Anna Sui from Sep 2008 till Feb 2009[6months], It was great to work with the team but a I was hoping that they would give us few design work to assist with,which did not happen.
In spite of that I gave them few graphics for their t-shirt line.My point is that if u are just running errands and helping in pattern making do not get disappointed as they will be happy to get graphics from you if that interests you.
All the best
Have a good time!

morrisar in Naperville, Illinois

63 months ago

did you work in the design department? What tasks did you do in the patternmaking department? Did you assist in fit checks?

krystle in Runcorn, United Kingdom

63 months ago

hi i got just the internship at anna sui yesterday, for september 3rd till october 17th im soooo excited i applied for the design , but it was full so im in the sample room still looks really good, iv read some where if you work so many hours you get some kind of pay or discount, i dont i read it on the fashion spot!!!
hope every ones internships went well or go well x

63 months ago

iv also interned at Marie Claire (feb09 april 09) and would really love to get one at NYLON too , i cant find the email or any thing to apply too and i know they take interns on as some at marie claire had interned there!! does any one know were i can apply to thanks

krystle!!

63 months ago

well I did not Assit in the fitting.But during Fashion week WHen there is a lot of work to do they give us few patterns to draft and cut.

63 months ago

Yes thats true,if you work full time u get garments worth 150 and if you work part time u get 30% discount on garments

63 months ago

thanks for the info, do any interns get to help out at fashion week, because madge said do you mind working a weekened for the show?!?!?!? what does this mean will i be helping at the tents or in the sample room still, i hope its at the tents, has any one else done this??? thanks

63 months ago

Well all the interns who are in the design department get to help in the tents, but if you are working in the showroom then I am not not too sure about that:(
But you can always request Thomas I guess, you can talk to him directly or drop in a mail at thomas@annasui.com
He is really nice I am sure he will let you work,all the best!:)

63 months ago

thanks for the info, i will email him im in the sample room so hopefully , thanks again!!!! :)

Candace in San Francisco, California

63 months ago

krystle in Runcorn, United Kingdom said: hi i got just the internship at anna sui yesterday, for september 3rd till october 17th im soooo excited i applied for the design , but it was full so im in the sample room still looks really good, iv read some where if you work so many hours you get some kind of pay or discount, i dont i read it on the fashion spot!!!
hope every ones internships went well or go well x

Hi, I have been looking into an Anna Sui intenternship for some time now. And I am wondering how do I go about applying and what experience did you have at the time of applying. And what materials you sent (portfolio or an application or both?). And is Mange someone is should contact? Thank you!

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.