What are the best Field Service Representative qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a Field Service Representative? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective Field Service Representative?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

BrokenArrowJoe in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

64 months ago

I have over 30 years in Field Service on Medical Equipment
Since many OEM's have incorporated electronic connectivity, i.e., intranet/internet, we have had to become certified with a minimum of either A= or Network+. Better yet is to be CCNA, MSCE.
The problem I face is unfortunately my age and the specific skills you learn along your career path do become VERY job specific.
I would recomend consistantly updating and expanding your skills with business management and marketing as well.

This has been an excellent career for me with no regrets.

Remember this, if you work for an OEM, original equipment manufacturer, you will be very narrowly focused on that product group, in my case invasive cardiology.

If you have a weak stomach, best not to become involved in an area where you will be going in and out of surgical suites.

A good start is getting a degree in Biomedical Equipment (BMET) as a generalist eventually getting your CBET (certification) and then exploring options in a discipline or OEM where you have a real interest and or talent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anthony Teresi in Lakeland, Florida

40 months ago

I've been in the funeral industry for the past thirty years, and embalmed and restored burned victims, floater, gun shot, decomposition bodies, and I had seen them all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.