Financial Advisor Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (132) - Start a Discussion

FnclAdv in Miami, Florida

Updated 65 months ago

What company to choose? - 7 Replies

I have a couple of interviews scheduled at Prudential and Northwestern Mutual as a financial Advisor.I am a graduate student and will be looking for...

Goga in new york, New York

Which firm to choose to work as Financial Advisor/Planner?

I have 15 years experience in Canada and recently moving New York area and thinking to build my financial planning practice. I don't need long...

Ronda in Arlington, Texas

Updated 65 months ago

Fort Worth, Texas area Firms - 1 Reply

I am looking to relocate to the Fort Worth area and change careers from the corporate world of finance to the service sector. I do not have any...

vie in Oakland, California

jr. financial planner interview.

hi, i was wondering what to expect from an interview, i.e. any specific questions that may be asked or more most of the questions open ended? i'm...

jane in London, United Kingdom

Recent Graduate advise

hi everyone my name is jane, i have jt graduated with a 2:1 in chemistry however i have chosen a new career path and i am sure that the finance...

Retiringsoon in Cary, North Carolina

Updated 67 months ago

Marketing Annuities & Retirement Planning - 2 Replies

The issue that all financial industry personnel face is finding a niche market. All to often our industry is faced with a crisis of quality people...

Wealth Manager in Livermore, California

Updated 67 months ago

State requirement to become a Financial Advisor - 1 Reply

Where can I go to find out the states requirements for Financial Advisors. From what I have read there is no federal requirement and some states do...

richard in Orlando, Florida

Updated 68 months ago

Anyone care to share any good sales ideas?? - 1 Reply

With everything that going on in the market today, it's tough to stay motivated. Does anyone have any good sales ideas to share?

Justin in Mc Farland, Wisconsin

Updated 69 months ago

new england financial and john hancock - 1 Reply

Has anyone had any experiences working for New England Financial or John Hancock? How does NEF differ from metlife? Is it more insurance oriented?...

Tamara Swearingen in Livermore, California

From

POSITION: VP Financial Advisor BENEFITS/COMPENSATION: Client will offer a commensurate base guaranty draw ranging from $150K to $200K A no-cap...

JP in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 71 months ago

Bribery or Cost of Doing Business? - 1 Reply

I am a financial advisor looking for more high net worth clients, and this idea struck me: Pay talent managers/agents to recommend me to their top...

smallcapper in Tyler, Texas

In need of an RIA with a valid CRD # for Press Release proofing

Open for IMMEDIATE fulfillment: We are looking for an individual with a valid CRD Number to review and give a "blanket" approval for press...

Stephan M in Madison, New Jersey

College Student seeking advise in FA

I am currently a sophmore college student attending Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, New Jersey (Metropolitan campus) My major is...

JBF in Huntington Beach, California

Updated 74 months ago

Are financial advisor job opportunities growing or declining? - 6 Replies

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing? Where are the jobs? Which places have the most financial advisor...

cn in Little Rock, Arkansas

Is your starting pay based on your current pay in financial advising?

I have a background in finance as a district manager. I was offered a position with a suitable pay but due to a career change 1 yr ago (mortgage...

Cedric Burl in Atlanta, Georgia

What do you think about Stock Loan Lending

What do you think are the pros and cons?

Cashman in Paris, Tennessee

Updated 77 months ago

Need direction/advice - 1 Reply

I just graduated from college this year and accepted a financial adviser/stockbroker job in NY. Unfortunately, I was promised many things to me that...

Cashman in Paris, Tennessee

Updated 77 months ago

Financial Advisor - 5 Replies

I am wanting to be a financial advisor, I know you have a better chance if you get your licensing. From what i hear you have to take the Series 7...

Reed in Miami, Florida

New York Life

Has anyone had experience working with this company? I have an interview tomorrow with New York Life, and Northwestern Mutual. thanks

TradeSavvy in Chelsea, Michigan

REGULATED INVESTMENT PROGRAM 10K+

Hello Forum Community, I would like to introduce our firm for those interested in brokerage or personal investments. We work with several...

Brett Thome in Lincoln, Nebraska

Financial Advising Blog/website (Directed at young individuals)

I am starting a finacial/life advising blog directed at people aged 18-26 and am looking for people who might be interested in writing for it. There...

John in Devon, Pennsylvania

My Natural Market

I'm going into an interview on Tuesday for a Financial Advisor position and i'm sure they'll want to know about my natural market. Currently I sell...

Tom in Lebanon, New Jersey

Updated 79 months ago

Considering FA position with Edward Jones - 3 Replies

What are the pros and cons of the company. I would appreciate a response from prior and current Edward Jones financial advisors. Thanks in advance!!!...

better_life in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Updated 79 months ago

Getting ahead... - 2 Replies

What is the best training for becoming a hirable financial advisor? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective...

Budfox7 in Lakeland, Florida

Updated 79 months ago

New FA needs marketing advice - 1 Reply

So I got the job, now what? Any ideas on where to go to meet potential clients? Also, advice on how to approach them without any product knowledge?...

Investment System Inc in Tarzana, California

Investment System Inc www.investmentsystem.com

Investment Systems Inc as an assets management firm was founded in 1994 and now with more than $ 143 billion assets under management is one of the...

Tom Killian in Winter Park, Florida

Agents Discover the Secrets of Successful Video Marketing

Insurance agencies looking for an extra marketing boost in the economic downturn are now getting added exposure with video marketing on...

T-Diddy in Racine, Wisconsin

Updated 81 months ago

What do you enjoy most about your financial advisor career? - 3 Replies

What do you enjoy most about being a financial advisor? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and...

John in United Kingdom

Sell House Fast In UK

Those people who want to sell there home fast and hassle free in UK should visit www.sellhousefastcash.co.uk. They have some other good options...

MsProducer in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 86 months ago

Emigrating from UK does my Partners financial qualification convert - 1 Reply

Hi there. Myself and my partner are going through the rather stressfull job of emigrating to WA. One of the most stressfull parts is knowing...

C-Money in Austin, Texas

Updated 88 months ago

Does an MBA really matter? - 1 Reply

I just completed my MBA program last December and no one is talking about salary raise at my job. I am an Account Executive for a major newspaper...

Roy in New York, New York

Updated 90 months ago

Show me the money... - 1 Reply

What are typical financial advisor salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3 

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.