Best path for me?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Damian in Cadiz, Kentucky

32 months ago

Hello,

I'm a 33 year old male who has been interested in being a FA since the 7th grade. I've an undergraduate degree in Finance with a CIS option and am currently 1/2 way through my MBA. I really want to become a FA but I'm a little nervous about starting from scratch, selling to my friends and family, and walking around town knocking on doors to sell although I've been told that I am a very likeable person who would be great at this.

I'm currently talking to my professor about blending the CFA coursework and certificate into my MBA. I would like to earn my 63 and 7 licenses at my own pace then begin a career as either an assistant to a FA or as a FA with a small book of clients already established.

I've been working for an education company directly under the COO for the past seven years as an executive assistant, financial/business analyst, and project manager. When working for a small company you seem to wear a different hat daily and work in variety of positions. I'd be happy to pass on my resume to someone if that would help in "critiquing" me.

It would be ideal if I could keep my current job while exploring the FA profession and working or doing this part time on the side until I'm 100% ready to make the move although I realize this may be impossible.

Thoughts? Advice? Suggestions on what I should read or study? Best places to start looking for a job? Any firms that best fit my criteria?

Thank you!

Damian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.