CFP review courses

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

E Perkins in Park Forest, Illinois

74 months ago

google ken zahn, he has an excellent course and it is a bargain price wise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mahesh in Madras, India

71 months ago

I'm a CFP aspirant, can any one suggest the companies hiring especially CFP professionals

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

cedric in Marietta, Georgia

71 months ago

Accountants & Financial Planners
With the ever-changing nature of the Financial Services Sector comes the need to expand your services to meet the goals of your clients. One of the primary needs for a client today is for more effective management of their debt, which usually means their mortgage and credit cards.

Many of your clients are turning more towards the one asset they believe they can leverage to further secure their financial position for the future, their home. Some would like to borrower from their stocks and we can show you haw they can with little or no recourse.

They are also looking to work with the one professional that they know is the most qualified and already trust- you, their Financial Adviser, Planner or Accountant.

Your clients are under attack from Mortgage Brokers, Mobile Bank Lenders and Uncertainty. They are uncertain about the security of the share portfolios, their employer superannuation and who they should trust their financial future to. It's likely they can't talk to a quality bank manager any more. They need to talk to you.

If you want to complete the service package cycle for your client base and secure relationships with your clients, make debt management available by becoming an member - your clients will thank you for it.

We provide services for accountants and financial planners who want give a complete service to their clients but don't have the total or exact knowledge to give the best advice. As our professional service to you, we provide for these kinds of facilities. We don't need to know your clients because you already do. We supply the information and the best solution to you for you to present to your client.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Richard Seymore in Gainesville, Florida

55 months ago

I took the Zahn review and did not pass. He said we wouldn't have to do certain calculations, but they wound up being on the exam. I found the materials poorly organized, with little help in the way of a study plan. He actually discouraged questions during my review. Good price - bad results!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tracie in Hammond, Louisiana

54 months ago

My Professor recommends 3 exam review courses: Dalton, Keir or Rattiner. After researching, I like Dalton's review course. The online classes are professional and they offer the availability of free repeats (should you need them).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Spring Hill, Florida

52 months ago

I found Ken Zahn to be very helpful. When you take the final review classes he expects everyone in the class to be prepared, this is a review not prep classes thats why he discourages questions which usually result in getting off course at that point there is only time for clarification not instruction. We had a study group while taking the prep classes which was very helpful. In our study group four out of six took the Zahn review all four passed the test the other two never took the final exam. Zahns class in my opinion brought everything together. Remember they are always changing the test questions his pass rate when I attended was considered very good. Its a very tough test no matter how well prepared you are and you really don't know how well you did until you get your grade.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

west in Studio City, California

48 months ago

would you recommend taking this exam before applying to a financial advisor job?

or would you take this exam once you are hired (I'm assuming the firm will pay for all fees?)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Greg in New Brunswick, New Jersey

48 months ago

In my 14-month long course, there were people who were already working for a financial firm which was reimbursing their tuition, so if you can get a job without the certificate, you can certainly take the course while working.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Akira in East Northport, New York

47 months ago

Tracie in Hammond, Louisiana said: My Professor recommends 3 exam review courses: Dalton, Keir or Rattiner. After researching, I like Dalton's review course. The online classes are professional and they offer the availability of free repeats (should you need them).

what do you think about the difficulty in terms of dalton's material in comparing to the real exam. if you don't mind me asking, were you able to pass the exam after taking dalton review.

Tracie in Hammond, Louisiana

47 months ago

Akira in East Northport, New York said: what do you think about the difficulty in terms of dalton's material in comparing to the real exam. if you don't mind me asking, were you able to pass the exam after taking dalton review.

I had to take a break after completing my Certificate program. However, I just began studying for the exam utilizing my Graduate textbooks and the exam topics listed on the CFP Certification website. I plan on purchasing several diff't practice tests and see how that goes. Then, I may just consider the alternative. I just paid $8,000 for my degree and figured I needed to use what resources I had available, first.

durga prasad in Bangalore, India

36 months ago

Mahesh in Madras, India said: I'm a CFP aspirant, can any one suggest the companies hiring especially CFP professionals

hi mahesh, thhis is durga prasad from chennai. charter members of financial planning standards board, india gives priority for CFP's/AFP's in recruting Employees. hsbc, geojit, amex, reliance, icici, kotak, hdfc, standard chartered, birla sun life, deutsche bank, sbi, franklin templeton, tata aig, and etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cfpreview in Mississippi

32 months ago

If you sign up for the education part through Dalton Review I would suggest NOT buying the gold package. If you decide to not use the live review they will not reimburse you the $975 but you can always go back and buy it if you decide to. What a horrible policy! They dont even send you the materials until you finish the school part.

sukhavasi in Lewisville, Texas

32 months ago

Hi moved to US on 1st August & my status is H4 in US.
I have 6 years work experience in India -
Icici Prudentila life Insurance (May 2007 -jun 2011)
Max newyork Life insurance(May 2005- Apr,2007)

MY education qualification - Master of Business Administartion from Osmaina University,Hyderabad, India.

Now i want to start CFP course.....so i ahve few doubts to start that -
1) Will my work experience & education qualification in india ...is valid in USA or not ???
If it's valid...what should be my next step???

Request some one to help me ...in this regard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

erik in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

I recently purchased the full Dalton Review including the 4 day in class review course. It is more than 2 days and they still haven't sent me access to their online seminars/test bank questions. Their review consultant Tiffany promised that she would call me back on numerous occasions to rectify the issue, and still no call. Clearly The Dalton Review is happy that I signed up, but where is my material?

emilyr126 in Suwanee, Georgia

30 months ago

erik in Chicago, Illinois said: I recently purchased the full Dalton Review including the 4 day in class review course. It is more than 2 days and they still haven't sent me access to their online seminars/test bank questions. Their review consultant Tiffany promised that she would call me back on numerous occasions to rectify the issue, and still no call. Clearly The Dalton Review is happy that I signed up, but where is my material?

Hi Erik,
We apologize for the unusual delay in delivery of your Dalton Review materials. Our procedures are to process and ship all in the same day the order is placed. I would like to personally look in to this matter for you, but would need a little bit of information from you in order to do so. Please contact me directly at emilyrubio@dalton-education.com.
Thank you,
Emily Rubio
Manager of Marketing & Partnerships
Dalton Education

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bobbymomomo in Denver, Colorado

26 months ago

The CFP study guide from Investopedia has good information, however it's very difficult to read through since everything is on separate pages, and there's simply not enough information to use it as a complete exam study guide.
I passed the November CFP exam after completing the Dalton Review. This was my second time around after completing one of the competitors review programs. The Dalton Review gives you the information that you need to know to pass. There are no shortcuts... you have to put in the time. If you follow their formula you will pass. Joe Gillice told me that and I was skeptical but now know it is true. The Review instructors know the material and have the ability to pass on their knowledge. Many of them are former members of the CFP Board of Examiners, so you know their information is good & valid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.