New Graduate wants to move to bigger city to be a Financial Advisor

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Haggai in Corpus Christi, Texas

39 months ago

I am graduating in a few weeks and am not sure the most strategic way to handle my goal. I want to move to a larger city that I frequent a lot to be a Financial Advisor there. Moving there is the most important thing to me rather than my career choice. I have looked this up many times and have found no answers. I don't think becoming a Financial Advisor in the current city I reside and then moving is a wise Idea, because I will probably loose those clients once I do decide to move. So, should I just find a job doing anything and save up to move to this city first? I have student loans to put in the equation as well. Also, if I want to be a Financial Advisor In a new city should I live there for a while and "get to know" people and potential clients before I even apply for a Financial Advisor job? My most important goal is to move to this city and be a Financial Advisor. The firm I will figure out along the way. Getting from A to B is the only problem. I live with my family with no savings. So, I assume I should probably have 6 months living expenses and a job lined up there before I even move? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.