Question to all FAs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Great FA in Englishtown, New Jersey

39 months ago

A company is currently sponsoring me for my series 7 and 63 and all the expenses are out of my pocket. However, I do not plan on working for them, I simply want to obtain the licenses. My question then is: does it look bad on your Form U-4 or with FINRA to simply pass these exams and leave right away? Would other employers view that as a red flag or would they be more interested in me because I have both those licenses?

Thanks for any help in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Great FA in Englishtown, New Jersey

39 months ago

Anybody?

FA's?? Self Interested Losers in Melbourne, Australia

39 months ago

Anybody who is a financial adviser looks bad in my eyes, regardless of what Forms they complete. They are all of bad form. They are lazy and self interested, not interested in their clients. They want to invest clients' funds and do nothing more, just wait, and when things go pear shaped they blame everybody but themselves when they should have been ahead of the game. They should have more knowledge than the average Joe.

My former financial adviser in Cairns didn't get me out of the market prior to the GFC in spite of my pleadings and it cost me $2M. It subsequently cost him over $1M in an out of court settlement, but I'm way behind where I should be.

My current FA was behind me in wanting to get out of the market last week. I wanted to do it Wednesday, but he delayed until Thursday and that cost about $40K. He's now been sacked too.

Financial advisers are largely lazy, self interested people with no desire to look after their clients, but to maximize their incomes.

You are far better of doing it yourself. Just follow your nose, invest in nothing but blue chip, read as much as you can, and NEVER listen to the economists who work for the fund managers, like AMP's spruiker. Their interest is in keeping clients invested rather than in cash so that they rake it off the top and they don't give a $**t about you!!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Great FA in EnglishTown New Jersey, get a real job and don't spend your life conning people to invest when you don't have any intention of actively managing their funds.

Australia has had to legislate against trailing commissions because FA's were investing clients' funds for their incomes rather than the clients' welfare. Just a dishonest profession/job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Great FA in EnglishTown New Jersey, get a real job and don't spend your life conning people to invest if/when you don't have any intention of actively managing their funds.

Australia has had to legislate against trailing commissions because FA's were investing clients' funds for their incomes rather than the clients' welfare. Just a dishonest profession/job.

Series 7 Exam Tutor in Pennington, New Jersey

18 months ago

Great FA in Englishtown, New Jersey said: A company is currently sponsoring me for my series 7 and 63 and all the expenses are out of my pocket. However, I do not plan on working for them, I simply want to obtain the licenses. My question then is: does it look bad on your Form U-4 or with FINRA to simply pass these exams and leave right away? Would other employers view that as a red flag or would they be more interested in me because I have both those licenses?

Thanks for any help in advance

This would matter at all. The reason you left a firm is not on the U4. FINRA would only care if the reason was related to something you needed to disclose

Michael Weiss
www.series7examtutor.com
www.series6examtutor.com
www.series66examtutor.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.