financial sales in metlife!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

ROGERG in Brooklyn, New York

56 months ago

Hi everyone. I am new here.
I am some question about the financial sales in metlife.
does any one knows about the financial sales in metlife? i just got a call from metlife in NYC and was asked to go to the seminar in Manhattan next Tuesday.
I was told that after the seminar--about the job benefit,description..etc--I will be scheduled for an interview with manager later.
I was also told that I have $1000/w up to 19 weeks and after that every thing will be commission.
My question is why there is a seminar at the first place, seems like waste time.
and how is the job in NYC? I have been read so many comments about this job in metlife but have not heard someone from NYC talking about the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Thank you for you comment.
Actually I am new to financial industry and just come out of college.
But what I really want from Metlife or other financial firms is the licenses they sponsor for which can build up my career in financial sectors later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JasonTR in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

if you think you can make it great...just dont fall into the hype of what they say bc industry averages are far below what they say bc the managing directors of your firm get your commissions and trails when you leave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

what financial sectors are you talking about? most corporate finance careers you do not need series 7, 66, or any kind of insurance license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Thankx for you comment. I mean, I want to be a trader in a financial firm...which I can take risk and making money.
so JasonTR, I noticed that you have been in a New England Financial for 2 years.
How do you like this job? Have you thought about leaving and go somewhere else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I left early in 09...am now a financial analyst..id look into possibly a treasury career where you could manage derivatives which you dont get any experience as a financial advisor

i started fresh out of college and saw many ppl come and go within 2 yrs with most ppl lasting around 1 month...definitely lots of ppl faking it till they make it approach. i got lucky and landed a 403b account with around 50ppl in it...for those who dont know you get more commission from 403b's. didnt know any1 there, but somehow called when they were looking for a new provider bc the head person made too many trades and their account was locked so they were pissed. so i sat down with everyone of them and filled out their forms and did their rollovers into met's 403b and some of them got insurance or knew ppl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

new england financial provided leads in the beginning..basically your 1st 3 months till you hit super starters bc i think the manager gets some bonus or something for the amount of ppl who hit that goal. after that the leads went dry. i would get around 5-10 per week metlife leads where ppl would fill out the contact a rep online and after i would get maybe one every two months if i won some stupid calling contest we had

after the 1st 3 months i was then given around 5 warm leads(current met or new england customers)a week and you could try and offer them new products or roll their money over into something else or from insurance to annuity.

honestly the only way to get clients is to network...what i would do is offer $25 gift cards if someone referred me a client so at the end of every meeting if someone bought insurance or made an investment i'd offer that to them and stick a piece of paper in front of them and they would usually write at least 3 names down.

another way, which i halfheartedly tried bc i was set on leaving, was going around to diff businesses and instead of offering them a product tell them you are starting your own networking group and see if they would be interested in joining and then those ppl think of you as the key contact for this idea and usually open up about themselves or know other ppl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Interesting!
I was thinking about the financial analyst job but lack of experience and can not compete with other ppl come out of IVY colleges.
Have you been to NYC.
this place is crazy. I mean the competition right here in NYC is so high. There are so many people with higher education degree ruching into NYC just try to get a entry level job..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Interesting!
I was thinking about the financial analyst job but lack of experience and can not compete with other ppl come out of IVY colleges.
Have you been to NYC.
this place is crazy. I mean the competition right here in NYC is so high. There are so many people with higher education degree rushing into NYC just try to get a entry level job..

56 months ago

yeah i thought i could get one out of college too and i didnt. thought the advisor job would be good experience for a financial analyst position and it wasnt. i got some sort of sales support/analyst position bc i got paid the same and was done with work at 530 instead of having appointments and not getting home till 9 or 10pm 3 nights a week.

i stayed there 7 months and got laid off when the company was sold and landed a financial analyst job 3 weeks later bc of my experience with my 2nd job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

That is true..
no one what to get home at 10 pm everyday. "entrepreneurship" is to used by those companies for those newbie as so call " incentive momentum"...
I thought about going back to school for my Master degree in economics which I am always interested in. But before I do any move, I want to get the experience in financial field. Or maybe I can do both in the same time.
right now the economy is making me sick... I don't know when i will turn around...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

XXX in San Marcos, California

50 months ago

ROGERG in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi everyone. I am new here.
I am some question about the financial sales in metlife.
does any one knows about the financial sales in metlife? i just got a call from metlife in NYC and was asked to go to the seminar in Manhattan next Tuesday.
I was told that after the seminar--about the job benefit,description..etc--I will be scheduled for an interview with manager later.
I was also told that I have $1000/w up to 19 weeks and after that every thing will be commission.
My question is why there is a seminar at the first place, seems like waste time.
and how is the job in NYC? I have been read so many comments about this job in metlife but have not heard someone from NYC talking about the job.

BE CAREFUL. I worked with MetLife, who is the parent company of New England Financial, for 4 years. All I will tell you is BE CAREFUL!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

flipballer32 in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

XXX in San Marcos, California said: BE CAREFUL. I worked with MetLife, who is the parent company of New England Financial, for 4 years. All I will tell you is BE CAREFUL!!!

what u mean be careful? i got a second interview with new england financial on friday? what should i look out for?

DGC32 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

DO NOT WORK FOR New England Financial if you are just out of college. They will tell you all lies to get you to work for them and not disclose any of the charges. Get a financial job at a bank or a reliable financial institution. They told me I would not have to pay for my error and emmisions insurance for my first year, however after i left the company after about 7 months, I got a bill for $1,300. They also charge you for working there and using their phone. This is a shady company run by shady people!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.