sales assistant for financial advisor?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

em in California

83 months ago

I'm currently a licensed personal banker for a larger bank that has it's own in-branch financial advisers on the bank's brokerage side. I've been very interested in pursuing a sales assistant position that just opened up with that part of the company. The bankers and the financial advisers work closely together in my institution. I've been recommended by several of the advisers for the position, and am currently going through my second round of interviews.

I am confident that it would be a great opportunity for me within my own company. I was wondering what a Sales Assistant position might entail at other brokerage firms. Specifically, what types of duties are typically assigned? Does it vary a lot from adviser to adviser, or is it fairly consistent?

The reason I am asking is for the sake my own curiosity. I have two friends who are both Sales Assistants for different advisers/brokerage firms, and the job sounds as if it varies a great deal. With my company, it seems to be largely sales support/administrative. Out of my two friends, one primarily does cold calling, while the other does nothing but sell investments while the adviser she works for focuses on the insurance part of the business.

If anyone has some insight into this matter, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm excited for the opportunity to try something new, even if it is a fairly lateral move. I just want to gather as much information as I can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Bethpage, Tennessee

80 months ago

em in California said: I'm currently a licensed personal banker for a larger bank that has it's own in-branch financial advisers on the bank's brokerage side. I've been very interested in pursuing a sales assistant position that just opened up with that part of the company. The bankers and the financial advisers work closely together in my institution. I've been recommended by several of the advisers for the position, and am currently going through my second round of interviews.

I am confident that it would be a great opportunity for me within my own company. I was wondering what a Sales Assistant position might entail at other brokerage firms. Specifically, what types of duties are typically assigned? Does it vary a lot from adviser to adviser, or is it fairly consistent?

The reason I am asking is for the sake my own curiosity. I have two friends who are both Sales Assistants for different advisers/brokerage firms, and the job sounds as if it varies a great deal. With my company, it seems to be largely sales support/administrative. Out of my two friends, one primarily does cold calling, while the other does nothing but sell investments while the adviser she works for focuses on the insurance part of the business.

If anyone has some insight into this matter, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm excited for the opportunity to try something new, even if it is a fairly lateral move. I just want to gather as much information as I can.

The job description really depends on the advisor.If he/she is a control freak,you probably aren't going to do more than filing, answering the phone,and pushing paper.If you work for someone who is more laid back,you can take on various tasks including clerical duties, helping clients with problems,opening basic accounts,rollovers,transfers,buying,selling, scheduling,seminars,etc. It just depends on how much the advisor is willing to give up.The duties increase with time and trust. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Budfox7 in Lakeland, Florida

76 months ago

if you are licensed sales assistant my branch is looking for a sales assistant, we have a beautiful office in orlando, fl and moving to downtown in feb 09

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

better_life in Saint Paul, Minnesota

76 months ago

Hello everyone:

I believe you have your skill and knowledge to get your favorite job in the field you like most. In the current market, everyone all knows the competitive atmosphere of more applicants apply for less opening positions. During the time you can get a right one, you can start some comfortable job as your own business without a lot of money and time to investment, but you also make an great opportunity of money. How can you do that? If you are serious about making money, please contact me by email: vinhsdream@shaklee.net

Best wishes,

Vinh Hoang

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GD in Kissimmee, Florida

74 months ago

Budfox7 in Lakeland, Florida said: if you are licensed sales assistant my branch is looking for a sales assistant, we have a beautiful office in orlando, fl and moving to downtown in feb 09

What company are you with? I live in Celebration Fl and would consider the job. However, I am not licensed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tanya in Columbus, Ohio

74 months ago

Budfox7 in Lakeland, Florida said: if you are licensed sales assistant my branch is looking for a sales assistant, we have a beautiful office in orlando, fl and moving to downtown in feb 09

Hello! Is this opportunity still open. I'm an experience licensed sales assistant. What is the name and number of your branch?

Tanya

Kim in Sarasota, Florida

62 months ago

I have 15+ years experience as a sales assistant & I am currently an executive sales assistant looking to relocate to the Akron/Canton, OH or surrounding areas. If anyone knows of any available positions in that area can you please post them here? I have an auto email set up to notify me when comments are posted to this board. Thx

Lou in Peoria, Arizona

60 months ago

I am series 7 & 63 licensed for investments with all current insurance licenses in Arizona. I worked at a bank as an assistant to the financial advisors and liked that role. I am currently employed at a third party pension administration company and want to get back into a bank. I have a good financial background with a successful track record of insurance sales. I want to work in a team environment for a successful financial advisor in the Phoenix AZ area.

susan in Scottsdale, Arizona

57 months ago

Lou - Would you be interested in working as a financial assistant to a private wealth advisor ? Although not the same as a bank , a team environment exists in the office that houses related companies. Let me know and we can have a dialogue off line if interest exists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lou in Peoria, Arizona

57 months ago

susan in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Lou - Would you be interested in working as a financial assistant to a private wealth advisor ? Although not the same as a bank , a team environment exists in the office that houses related companies. Let me know and we can have a dialogue off line if interest exists.

Yes, that is the type of circumstances I would rather work in. My present job is coming to a close as the company is moving to Virgin Islands early 2010. If you would like to contact me, please email me at gerhauser11@cox.net and we can talk via phone after that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

margiehan@yahoo.com in Orlando, Florida

45 months ago

I am interested please advise more information. Thank you.

DebraLynnSmith in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

Hi,

I am currently looking for a position in Philadelphia, PA. I am a registered private client associate/sales assistant. I have over 15 years experience. I would like to work in center city Philadelphia. I can be reached at Debra.1026@hotmail.com.
Thank you.

doug.ray@pacbell.net in San Jose, California

41 months ago

I'm currently an advisor with a 7 and 66 license. Looking to move to a salary + split position as an advisor/assistant with a smaller firm in the San Jose, Ca. area. Any leads appreciated at doug.ray@pacbell.net.

PegJDavid in Rancho Santa Margarita, California

32 months ago

I am interested in working as a financial assistant to a private wealth advisor or group of advisors and/or insurance brokers.
I have 11 years of experience in the insurance industry, including the position of Marketing Director for a large GA in Orange County, CA. Please advise. PegJDavid@gmail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.