#1 DELTA'S FLIGHT ATTENDANT INTERVIEWS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 3136)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

RaquelFlo in Pembroke Pines, Florida

78 months ago

Hey must have been:

I just got an email from HR wanting me to call them for my f2f now the jitters begin, but I gotta get this out of my system.

I'm going to ask them about the hotel, do they fly you overnight where you need to book a hotel room?

Let me know if you already went.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Malik Malik in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

Raquel,
If you are required to fly in the day before your F2F, for a 7:30 A.M. session, then you're responsible for your own accommodations.
Malik

78 months ago

Hi Malik:

Thanks for the info and if you have to stay overnight? do they pick up the tab?

78 months ago

Youre welcomed Raquel,
But no...you'll pay for your lodging...however, when I went for my F2F, Altanta had inclimate weather and I had to stay an additional night. There were 7 of the 22 of us that could not make our flights home that were offered the position; they put us up in a hotel because the flights were cancelled; so in that case, they would pay... otherwise, you'd have to pay. I hope that answers your question.
Malik

78 months ago

Thanks Malik:

So when do you go to training school? and have you been told what base you will be in?

78 months ago

Well, I Just got the call!!!!!!!!! YES!!! I'll be in the February 12th, Class!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

classicbella in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

Hi guys! I am going to be in the FEB 12th class also! I was so excited!!! I can't wait to go!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

I have Facebook if anyone would like to add me! I am looking to also make some new friends while going through training. Good luck to all!

-Chevon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Congrats Chevon!!!! I don't have facebook...but i'll open an accnt today

78 months ago

Malik! CONGRATS to you also! I am so excited! My facebook account is Chevon Jackson!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Seattle, Washington

78 months ago

Ok, I am new to this. I just scheduled a f2f for Monday, and I am SOOOOO nervous. I have a question to ask those of you who have already been. I have some crazy curly hair. Should I wear it straight for the interview. I do it both ways but I was wondering if anyone got hired that had curly hair. And any other tips you could give me =).

78 months ago

I'd say keep the beautiful curly hair...I use to be a recruiter for an airline company. I'd recommend to wear it up please

78 months ago

thankyou so much! I didn't think I'd get this nervous, and its only Tuesday.

78 months ago

I am cheering for you! It's okay to be nervous. When I interview others, I tend to chose the ones who are nervous because they are the ones who really care about getting hired. Confidence is the key because when you are out on line...it's you and your crew making important decisions for the entire plane. Please be specific and detailed when you answer the recruiters and also. I also recommend you study the S.T.A.R method!!! I am happy that you made it this far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lindsay in Huntington Beach, California

78 months ago

Is Delta only hiring for NCY location right now? Does anyone know if there is a chance for any other location; like LAX?

78 months ago

Hi! How are you? It's NYC They are hiring 1500 this year...400 are going to ATL and the rest are going to NYC due to adding more intl routes out of JFK and EWR

Lindsay in Huntington Beach, California

78 months ago

Thanks! I think NCY will be a little far for me. How bad would it look to cancel my FTF next week??

Christi in Frisco, Texas

78 months ago

I just had my final phone int w/ Delta & at the end the gentleman congratulated me & asked me to come to ATL for the F2F. I'm going to burst w/ excitement. Thanks to everyone, I've been reading your posts in prep for the phone interview & it paid off. Does anyone have an estimate of how it is in between the final phone int & the F2F? How many days do I really have to prepare?

Ready to Fly! C

MKG in Littleton, Colorado

78 months ago

classicbella in Denver, Colorado said: I have Facebook if anyone would like to add me! I am looking to also make some new friends while going through training. Good luck to all!

-Chevon

Hey I'm from the Denver area also~~ Congrats on the class!! I have my F2F this Friday. I can't wait!!

78 months ago

Hey Christi

I had my phone interview on last Friday and they called me yesterday to set up the F2F. Congrats and hopefully see you in Atlanta!

Jennie H in Orlando, Florida

78 months ago

Christi in Frisco, Texas said: I just had my final phone int w/ Delta & at the end the gentleman congratulated me & asked me to come to ATL for the F2F. I'm going to burst w/ excitement. Thanks to everyone, I've been reading your posts in prep for the phone interview & it paid off. Does anyone have an estimate of how it is in between the final phone int & the F2F? How many days do I really have to prepare?

Ready to Fly! C

JUST got in from my f2f...here are some answers-forgive me if they've been answered before but want to put them in just in case...okay #1 all 3 hotels they recommended were booked solid BUT I was able to still get corporate rate at the Hyatt North in Atlanta-free shuttle from hotel, beautiful newly redone rooms, fitness room and pool, buffet breakfast, great staff and free shuttle to the delta corporate center plus they told me they were willing to pick me up if I needed a ride back from delta to the airport -Just in case anyone runs into the same challenge...plus they had no problem matching the "$74 a night corporate rate" - we do have to pay for hotel.
I got a call to schedule my f2f about 4 hours after my last phone interview. I asked twice to flight attendant that was there and the interviewers and both said "74 is the amount of hours guaranteed - 100 hours is possible but NOT something to count on, expect first year to make approx $19,100". We were told that the classes would have about 40+ people in them and maybe out of that many 5 in the class will get to based out of the city they want-everyone else will be based out of NYC. They also told us that it is about $300-400 per month for a crash pad in Kew Gardens, NY where they recommend staying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christi in Frisco, Texas

78 months ago

Katie in Seattle, Washington said: Hey Christi

I had my phone interview on last Friday and they called me yesterday to set up the F2F. Congrats and hopefully see you in Atlanta!

Evening Katie - When is your F2F? Congrats! Christi

78 months ago

Its going to be on Monday. FREAKING OUT! Let me know when yours is!

Christi in Frisco, Texas

78 months ago

What to do to prep for F2F? I've started studying the STAR based interview scenario. I've also heard that we'll be asked to do a short intro/presentation of ourselves. True? If so, what do they want in that short intro? Best - Christi!

Jennie H in Orlando, Florida

78 months ago

Christi in Frisco, Texas said: What to do to prep for F2F? I've started studying the STAR based interview scenario. I've also heard that we'll be asked to do a short intro/presentation of ourselves. True? If so, what do they want in that short intro? Best - Christi!

They are very specific that at that point they really only want you to introduce yourself: your name, where from and what you are currently doing.

BigFun in Macon, Georgia

78 months ago

Anyone starting training Feb. 12th?

AK1907 in Brooklyn, New York

78 months ago

Hi to everyone!
There is some question I have and in advance appreciate for any helpful information.
Since I applied for FA and complited online assessment,very shortly I got letter and invitation to complete a telephone interview with one of the recruiters.
(Interviwe on phone makes me more nervous,as much as F2F. You can't see the person you are talking with)
Please,share your experience and knowlage about "on phone", "group" and "F2F" interviwes.

In the case of "fail" what is the term of time after I can apply agane? Does rejection affect next attempts?

What is approximate percentage of hiering? How many candidates for one aveilable space?

Thanks

78 months ago

6)Oh, you will have a 6 minute presentation with one of the Delta Flight Attendants! This was my favorite part...please make sure you ask questions...I'll repeat...please make sure you ask questions...why because it shows you are focused. I would say maybe two. I hope all of this helps! It's the best feeling in the world when they call you out of the room at the end. I LOVE DELTA AIRLINES!!! I have confidence that you will do AWESOME!!! Be a rockstar!!!

What tipe of question will be right to ask?
Thanks,

Allison in Montreal, Quebec

78 months ago

In regards to the STAR questions, do they specifically ask you to answer them that way or is that just a suggestion?

bigfun in Macon, Georgia

78 months ago

You have to answer the questions using STAR (they score you on each part) but they don't TELL YOU to answer this way in the interview.

Before my interview, a seasoned FA (who was interviewing) approached me and told me to be sure to do this...

But don't get to hung up on it...just tell the stories...it's the way you tell stories anyway...

78 months ago

What is Residence History for the past 10 years?
I have lived in USA for almost 3 year,and just resently got my green-card.

bigfun in Macon, Georgia

78 months ago

Malik Malik in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Well, I Just got the call!!!!!!!!! YES!!! I'll be in the February 12th, Class!

Malik...I'm in that class too...just found out today!!

bigfun in Macon, Georgia

78 months ago

classicbella in Denver, Colorado said: Hi guys! I am going to be in the FEB 12th class also! I was so excited!!! I can't wait to go!!!

Woo! Hoo! I'm in the class with you as well!

78 months ago

PJ in Atlanta, Georgia said: They ask you a series of questions, and your responses are recorded and saved electronically.

They ask questions like, "describe a time where you shined at work when things weren't going so well", "give an example of how you improved your work surroundings", and "explain the importance of following safety procedures at work", or something similar.

After I gave my answers I was told to expect a call about scheduling a F2F, which probably just meant that someone would review my answers and get back to me if they wanted me in for a F2F. I got a call back one or two days later from Ben to set up the actual date.

Hi PJ
I have complited assessment and now I have to call for the pfone interviwe.
But I'm undicided and I don't want to fail in the very begining:-(((
Besides,it's dificult when you don't see the person you are tallking with,
english is my second language and not that much fluent az I wish (it's OK in everyday conversation,but maybe NOT enough to represent myself on interviwe)
Don't get me wrong,I'm not negative,just want to be realistic and honest to myself.And the only one thing I can do is to prepare as much as possible.
I appreciate any information and advices.

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa

78 months ago

Hi PJ,

English is my 2nd language as well and I did just fine. You should be ok, they will be asking you how you will handle certain situations. I would say just be yourself, when they ask you how you would handle something, just say as you would do. Phone inverview was not hard at all and the person on the other end was very nice and down to earth.
Remember to listen and speak when they ask you to.
I hope that helps......

78 months ago

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa said: Hi PJ,

English is my 2nd language as well and I did just fine. You should be ok, they will be asking you how you will handle certain situations. I would say just be yourself, when they ask you how you would handle something, just say as you would do. Phone inverview was not hard at all and the person on the other end was very nice and down to earth.
Remember to listen and speak when they ask you to.
I hope that helps......

Thanks,your comment makes me fill more positive.
Is fhone interviwe really go 15-20 minutes/
How many question?

78 months ago

Just about, they will ask you about 5-6 questions.

Molly in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

78 months ago

Katie in Seattle, Washington said: thankyou so much! I didn't think I'd get this nervous, and its only Tuesday.

Katie- my f2f is monday also... very nervous as well!
Reading these boards helps with knowing what to expect though... but perhaps also makes me more nervous!

78 months ago

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa said: Just about, they will ask you about 5-6 questions.

What is the term of time for re-reply? Does rejection affect nextattempt?
Thanks

78 months ago

I have heared 90 days and 6 months, but I am not for sure. I have my f2f this friday and I am hoping I won't have to find out that info, but if I have to I will....

78 months ago

Thanks,and have a GOOD LUCK this friday!
I'm going to call them tomorrow,hope LUCK will follow me.Eather way I don't give up!!!

Jennifer Nicole

78 months ago

hey everyone just had my f2f today and if u have any questions just ask..only 5 were called 2 go directly and get finger printed and drug tested. They pick the top TOP people from your group but go back and pick the top overall and invite them to delta academy so don't get your hopes up. It just makes you sad the way they do it but you realize at the airport on the way home its not over till they say its over lol. I wasn't the choosen 5 but that doesn't mean I won't make it. And I feel as though I did very well in my interview and throughout the day. And from just being there you can kind of tell who they will and won't pick overall. And i think at least 5 more will be picked from today. To answer some questions on here that may somewhat be untrue from based on today..Delta gives you 74 hrs a month but you can get way more then that. But most people don't because thats a lot of flying. Thats what the fa told us today. Most new FA's don't go over 90 because its a lot to handle but she knows some people who have over 100 per month. And you can make your own schedule and decide how many hours you want, she also told us this. But you are on reserve 6days out of the month and have 10 days off and work 22 days.Now our schedule might not be how you want it because of other's schedule's but you just have to adjust it. ALSo I think the interview process depends on which FA you are with in mine he told me to use the S.T.A.R method before I started. They were very nice and helpful. but some people told me after there interview it wasn't the same for them. So I think it depends on which FA you get some may want to help more then others..just depends. But other than that the day went like everyone said and after being there it really made me want to work for delta so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for that congrats email!

Jennifer Nicole

78 months ago

Ps- International flights aren't based on senority as much as the past because delta flights are now 60% international they fly overseas more then domestic especaily out of JFk. And they are hiring to place u in JFK today they told us thats were you will go no matter what u out on ur APPLICATION. They filled up who they need for ATL now its only for JFK. The FA said you can still put different on ur application just in case but 10 out of 10 chances are ur going to JFK. Good luck everyone.

Atlanta

78 months ago

What do they tell the un chosen group?

PJ in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Malik Malik in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: PJ,
You're right as far as other airlines are concerned. But Delta doesn't have reseve. Delta FA's regardless of seniority have what Delta calls "access" days. Everyone has a line ( a regular schedule) regardless of Seniority. Just one of the advantages of working for the NEW DELTA.

This is true, but from what I understand, A-days for new hires are nearly double that for F/A's who actually bid their schedules. It wouldn't be possible to commute to New York, from Atlanta for instance, with just a few hours notice. Our Q$A rep stressed the importance of finding a crash pad in New York, at least during your Intial Operating Experience/Probationary period.

PJ in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

AK1907 in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi PJ
I have complited assessment and now I have to call for the pfone interviwe.
But I'm undicided and I don't want to fail in the very begining:-(((
Besides,it's dificult when you don't see the person you are tallking with,
english is my second language and not that much fluent az I wish (it's OK in everyday conversation,but maybe NOT enough to represent myself on interviwe)
Don't get me wrong,I'm not negative,just want to be realistic and honest to myself.And the only one thing I can do is to prepare as much as possible.
I appreciate any information and advices.

The phone interview is just a chance to determine how well your answers fit with the questions posed. You don't have to be eloquent, just concise and on point. Save the personable and outgoing demeanor for the F2F. However, should you be offered a training slot, they will conduct a language assessment, so make sure you prepare as much as possible for it. And just so you know, I thought my phone interview was horrible, and I still got a F2F!!

PJ in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Atlanta said: What do they tell the un chosen group?

They tell you, "Thank you for being here today, but unfortunately we cannot offer you employment at this time. But don't worry, you're still in the running. We will go back and recalculate the scores, and we will be contacting you in the next 3-4 weeks with further info", something to that effect.

Simply put..."Don't let the door hit you in the (explicative) on your way out." LOL

Seriously, you may get called back. Everyone who gets chosen at the F2F doesn't make it to training, maybe because they didn't pass the background check, or the language assessment. For those who do get to training, some will drop out, some won't graduate at all. So until you actually get a rejection letter, don't throw in the towel.

Jennifer Nicole

78 months ago

yea I know people who did get called back even after not get choosen first. I think at the f2f they know exactly what they want off the bat and pick those people right away to get the ball rolling. Then they for others it just takes a little more time. And also you can commute from NY from another place but if you've never been a fa before it can be hard plus. When you commute the flights u are getting on u are standby so your not promised a seat. And your commuter flight gets delayed, canceled or anything you will miss the flight your suppose to work on. But everyone has to do whats best for them. The FA told me if u gradute from training, graduation is usually a wednesday your family/friends come see u get ur wings. Then u have off till sunday go to ny sunday night they put u up for 2 days and you have orintation at JFK and then start work whenever your first day is scheduled.

78 months ago

Molly in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Katie- my f2f is monday also... very nervous as well!
Reading these boards helps with knowing what to expect though... but perhaps also makes me more nervous!

Yay Molly!

Good to hear I'm not alone. It should be very fun no matter what the outcome. See you in Atlanta very soon!

Boy Friday in Fort Worth, Texas

78 months ago

Question. Ok, so I've heard several times about that there cannot be any gaps in you application history. What exactly does that mean. What does someone like me do, who has lived like a gypsy for so long with countless jobs and addresses. First of all, is there a way to find out my own history, same as that which the airline would find so that I can make sure I haven't left anything out? There's no way I can just sit down and remember all the places I have lived or worked. I know I sound like a nomad. I will say, I grew up in the airline industry and immediately out of high school, well I was 20, I got a job as a flight attendant. The airline I worked for went under and I just didn't want to go through the dog and pony show of interviewing that it was like at that time to become a flight attendant. Now that I'm older and wiser, and realize I want to be back in the air, I have a history that is quite eclectic and hard to remember. Any suggestions or answers about gaps in history, etc.?

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.