18/19 year old looking for Flight Attendant positions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

72 months ago

Sorry Hon, it looks like most airlines require that you are at least 20 years old.
Good Luck :D

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

72 months ago

MHK, I was mistaken, there may be a few carriers that only require you to be 19 years old. Air Wisconsin is one of them. Look up Air Wisconsin on the internet for more info.

Good Luck :D

Reply - Report abuse

abqFA in Albuquerque, New Mexico

72 months ago

colgan air
spirit air
pinnacle (19)
air transit

Reply - Report abuse

Tellmegboy in New York, New York

72 months ago

Compass is a fricking joke

Reply - Report abuse

loves to fly in Rosemount, Minnesota

71 months ago

www.compassairline.com a fast growing airline apply within we hire at 18. Send me your email if you have any questions. I am a recruiter for Compass. Thank You

Reply - Report abuse

DanielleWebster19 in Chattanooga, Tennessee

71 months ago

Hello,
I'm currently 19 years old, and live in Houston Texas. I'm passionate about becoming a flight attendant, but so far have hit nothing but brick walls when it comes to finding out any information about becoming one. I'd really appreciate it if you're able to help me to take the steps in order to be hired onto any major airline. If possible, I'd try to stay in Houston area because I am engaged. But, I will not ramble on. Have a good day, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
Danielle Webster

Reply - Report abuse

Onthewing

71 months ago

The first step is that I would google "what it's like to be a flight attendant" see what you can find and learn. Its still a job even though tons of people are extremely passionate about it so you need to make sure you have a good understanding of what it will entail. After you have figured all that out and you are still interested I suggest going to indeed.com and typing "Flight Attendant" in the search box with no location added. This will give you a general idea of where to look. You can also google "Airlines" and I am sure there is a complete list of all the carriers somewhere out there on the web. You can go to the individual websites for those airline and search through their careers sections and apply that way. The best advice anyone can give you is: Be persistent, don't give up, dress professionally, never talk bad about a former employer, polish your resume, ALWAYS tell them you are willing to relocate... And smile often!!! It's a lot like auditioning for a play... You may have the credentials and you may be perfect for the job, but first impression is everything. You have to sell yourself as an employee and make them want you!! Stand out, in a good way! There will be lots of rejections, but when you finally get that call... It's the sweetest feeling in the world! Good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

DanielleWebster19 in Chattanooga, Tennessee

71 months ago

Thank you very much and I'll try to keep you updated on how it all goes!!

Reply - Report abuse

DanielleWebster19 in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

I just sent in an application to Compass Airlines for a flight attendant job in Detroit, Michigan.
But now, here's the major question....if they call me for an interview, how can I get there if I live in Houston? I know that's got to be one of the dumbest questions of the day but I needed to ask it. Also, during training, will they pay for us to lodge, eat, etc or would that fall upon us? I'm sorry but just really anxious but have nothing to go on. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon. Email-Websterd29@yahoo.com
Sincerely,
Danielle Webster

Reply - Report abuse

Imelda Torres in Evanston, Wyoming

68 months ago

I'm a 18 year old Female and I have been really interested in being Flight Attendant. I have a lot of experience with customer service all my life. I've been working since I was 13. So you can imagine. I really want to work soon as a Flight Attendant. I'm almost 19 in November I'm willing to relocate of course. I was just wondering who would hire someone so young, but willing to work under any conditions to become what I've been anticipating for most of my life? Feel free to Email me at itbeyou777@live.com I'm willing to listen if you have an answer. Thank you.

Reply - Report abuse

Britbrat92 in Snoqualmie, Washington

68 months ago

loves to fly in Rosemount, Minnesota said: www.compassairline.com a fast growing airline apply within we hire at 18. Send me your email if you have any questions. I am a recruiter for Compass. Thank You

I live in mpls , mn and im 19 and want to be a flight attendant but I dont have a passport. How should I go about with this ?

Reply - Report abuse

TTUstudent in Lubbock, Texas

67 months ago

loves to fly in Rosemount, Minnesota said: www.compassairline.com a fast growing airline apply within we hire at 18. Send me your email if you have any questions. I am a recruiter for Compass. Thank You

I am a 19 year old college student that wants to get a job in the airline industry. I am planning on finishing my degree online after receiving my first F/A position. I've applied at Compass many times over the past year, but have only gotten the "your application has been received" email. If you can help me out, my email is michael_portertx@hotmail.com

Reply - Report abuse

laur in Attleboro, Massachusetts

67 months ago

I'm 20 years old. I'm really interested in becoming a flight attendant. I'm not exactly sure where to go about it, and unfortunately i don't not know anyone who has ever pursued this career. I live in the Boston area, close to both Logan airport and JFK in Rhode Island. from my take on re-searching i would have to relocate because there were not any bases that i could find in my area that i could find. Another question is, say i have to relocate, i have to find a apt or home to live in? I'm only 20 still live with parents, would love to relocate but wouldn't be able to afford the expenses. Please keep me updated.

Reply - Report abuse

audreym in Tallahassee, Florida

65 months ago

Hi im Audrey i am 18 years old with an extraordinary customer service background. i want to be a flight attendent whereas i have a passion for creating a safe background as well as treating the customer with much care and respect as they reach their destination.I would love to work with a major airline but any airline is fine.My email is audreymenezes@yahoo.com. I promise you i give my 100% everyday i am truly a hard worker with fantastic endurance.

Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Mr Crane i need more then just a you're hired so that I know this is real and not a fake

Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Hi im Audrey i am 18 years old with an extraordinary customer service background. i want to be a flight attendent whereas i have a passion for creating a safe background as well as treating the customer with much care and respect as they reach their destination.I would love to work with a major airline but any airline is fine.My email is audreymenezes@yahoo.com. I promise you i give my 100% everyday i am truly a hard worker with fantastic endurance.

Reply - Report abuse

mary in Dallas, Texas

63 months ago

Hi are you still a recruiter for compass if so please give me your email

Reply - Report abuse

mdjhussain in Detroit, Michigan

63 months ago

I want to be a flight attendant for my career.
Please contact me, my email is: md.jhussain@yahoo.com

Reply - Report abuse

SonyaG in Thomasville, Georgia

62 months ago

HI, I'm Sonya. 18 years old. I've very interested in flight attending. I graduate high school in May 2012. I have a passion to be a flight attendant so that i can satisfy many people. I'm a hardworker and am willing to work fulltime. I'm also bilingual for English and Spanish. Please feel free to contact me at sonyagonzalez12@yahoo.com. thank you.

Reply - Report abuse

James in Pasco, Washington

61 months ago

MHK College Student said: I am a male freshman currently enrolled at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kan. (MHK) I am looking for airlines that would hire an 18/19 year old for a flight attendant position within their airline. I would be open to any domicile and any salary, noting that I would be with the airline for the safety and comfort of the customer, while still getting them to their destination on-time. I have an extensive customer service background.

Any ideas on airlines that would hire 18/19 year olds? Thanks so much for your time!

Right now go jet is hiring 19 year old flight attendants to be based in stl or ord.

Reply - Report abuse

Kory Aldan

58 months ago

DanielleWebster19 in Houston, Texas said: I just sent in an application to Compass Airlines for a flight attendant job in Detroit, Michigan.
But now, here's the major question....if they call me for an interview, how can I get there if I live in Houston? I know that's got to be one of the dumbest questions of the day but I needed to ask it. Also, during training, will they pay for us to lodge, eat, etc or would that fall upon us? I'm sorry but just really anxious but have nothing to go on. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon. Email-Websterd29@yahoo.com
Sincerely,
Danielle Webster

Well I currently attend the international air and hospitality academy which prepares students for the whole process of becoming a flight attendant. And just today we had two recruiters from compass airlines come in today and do a presentation. They do pay for your lodging, plus their is a pay of like 53 dollars each day your in training. You'll provide your own transportation to the domicile city where the training is held and transportation from lodging they provided to school will be offered to you at no cost. As for food money that all for you to pay. I hope this helped.

Reply - Report abuse

Kory Aldan

58 months ago

DanielleWebster19 in Houston, Texas said: I just sent in an application to Compass Airlines for a flight attendant job in Detroit, Michigan.
Sincerely,
Danielle Webster

Well I currently attend the international air and hospitality academy which prepares students for the whole process of becoming a flight attendant. And just today we had two recruiters from compass airlines come in today and do a presentation. They do pay for your lodging, plus their is a pay of like 53 dollars each day your in training. You'll provide your own transportation to the domicile city where the training is held and transportation from lodging they provided to school will be offered to you at no cost. As for food money that all for you to pay. I hope this helped.

Reply - Report abuse

Jess in Farmington, Minnesota

55 months ago

Just want to get everyone here to think twice. I know being a flight attendant seems like a great and exciting job (I know I always thought that). But I was a FA for two years for united and know I am a ticket agent for another airline.

Although it seems fun, there are many draw backs that may make you change your mind. Biggest one for me is you only get paid when your in the air, not if you have to wait in the airport for four hours or if you flight is delayed or cancelled. I make much more as a ticket agent and my rate of pay was cut in half.

Reply - Report abuse

Maddie22 in Plant City, Florida

43 months ago

Can i have you email please

Reply - Report abuse

Daniel in New York, New York

26 months ago

my email is danyrock007@aol.com

Reply - Report abuse

Future flight attendant Trey

18 months ago

Please give me your email address , I am
Very interested in working with compass and would love to talk more with you!

Reply - Report abuse

Jacob in Battle Creek, Michigan

15 months ago

I am interested in flight attendant through you guy's but I live in michgian can I still do it? jt1adam12@gmail.com

Reply - Report abuse

Hunter Land in Atlanta, Georgia

15 months ago

My name is Hunter Land and I saw your reply to the post and wanted to reach out to you. I'm 19 years old and have a lot of experience in the hospitality industry and looking for work as a flight attendant. Please reach out to me at huntersemail23@gmail.com
Thank you !

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ashlyn

11 months ago

My name is Ashlyn and I'm planning to become a flight attendant between May and July. I'll be 20 in April, and I'm also in school to get my Bachelors in Communication which is why I think getting this job would be a great way for me to put my communication skills to test. I also have a great personality and I just love people and being able to make them happy. My email is ashlynt16@gmail.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

B Wolfe in Peru, Indiana

10 months ago

The Requiements of compass say you have to be at least 21. I am also 19 and I want to begin my career as a flight attendant.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Future Flight Attendant in Leominster, Massachusetts

6 months ago

Hello, online it says that the company requires flight attendants to be 21 years of age or older. I am 19 years old and I am looking for a career as a flight attendant. Any answers will be helpful.

Thank you

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jonathan in Lubbock, Texas

4 months ago

Hi there! I want to be a flight attendant so badly. I speak french and english fluently and my dad works for southwest so i understand the life a little bit.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.