2 months "under review" for Delta flight attendant. Is this normal?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

lime2004 in Baltimore, Maryland

53 months ago

I applied for a flight attendant position with Delta in September & did the first phone interview in October. The interview was about my passport & "what would I do" scenarios. I haven't heard from them since & my application status still says "under review." Should I just give up or is this normal? Reading other discussions, people seem to get contacted within weeks for interviews & face to face interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

FA4life in Staten Island, New York

53 months ago

Some people applied in August when they first opened the position, had their 2 phone assessments and are STILL waiting to be called for a F2F.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

misstheair in Pompano Beach, Florida

53 months ago

FA4life in Staten Island, New York said: Some people applied in August when they first opened the position, had their 2 phone assessments and are STILL waiting to be called for a F2F.

That would be me! I'm calling Dec. 1st if I don't hear before then :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

judi0124@gmail.com in Cleveland, Ohio

53 months ago

I applied 8/26.....I called two weeks later because I accidentally locked myself out of my account. At that time, I was asked if I had a few minutes for a phone interview. I must have had both at the same time, because he paused to take notes, then asked me if I could continue. I was on the phone for a good 45 minutes. Then, I was congratulated, told I passed this phase and that my paperwork would be forwarded to a recruiter. This was on November 4th.....nothing since.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DeltaLime in Bronx, New York

53 months ago

I applied 8/26 also, had my two phone interviews and status is still "under review" Jan is fast approaching, which is when training starts...if I hear nothing by the second week of decemeber I will assume I didn't make the cut... i'm upset

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FA4life in Staten Island, New York

53 months ago

DeltaLime in Bronx, New York said: I applied 8/26 also, had my two phone interviews and status is still "under review" Jan is fast approaching, which is when training starts...if I hear nothing by the second week of decemeber I will assume I didn't make the cut... i'm upset

The first class starts in January. They will holding classes well into the Spring, from what I've read on other threads in this forum. Many people who applied in August are still waiting for their F2F. As long as your status says "under consideration," you're still in the running.
You should also consider applying to other airlines. Never put all your eggs in one basket, especially in the airline industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SEAFA in Kelowna, British Columbia

51 months ago

They are hiring LOD's like crazy (language of destination) and are doing English Only applicants as low priority.
I work as a flight attendant with a company that works side by side with Delta; they "Position Offered" 20 of our flight attendants since 12/2010. Only people who did apply as a LOD were offered a class. Japanese started last week. The other 19 FA's were English only, and although they were offered positions, they were not offered initial ground school training.
Also, Delta does their face to face interviews by segments starting from the east coast, and the Pacific North West applicants (WA, OR, ID, etc) are the last to do face to face interviews.
Aside from the applicants who got offered the position then and there at their face to face, you get your rejection letter within two weeks (usually day 14/14). If you still haven't heard from them then you probably will be offered a position.
Delta had over 20,000 applications and are only offering less than 2,000 position I believe. They generally hire 4-7 people on the spot during your Face to Face.
Being at the airport 4 days out of the week, I haven't heard of any English only speaking FA's to get offered a class date even after being "offered a position".

PS, words of advice for your f2f interview, hair tied back in a pony tail (recruiters should be able to see your face if they ask you to recite a PA in front of them while you read your paper) and wear clothes that resembles the uniform pieces. It gives the recruiters an idea if you look the part for a Delta FA. Look down at the list of LOD positions offered and learn to say "Hi" and "How are you" and speak to those applicants who are applying with you (That annoying applicant who does this ALWAYS gets offered the position by the end of the interview). And plenty of rest the night before. The day is long and once you get the one on one; chemistry with the two recruiters is what sells you to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

SEAFA in Kelowna, British Columbia

51 months ago

Oh, and waiting over 6 months - a year is common for "under review" if you apply as English no bi-lingual skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

DL Seattle FA in Seattle, Washington

51 months ago

We are replacing interpreters with new hire LODs. I haven't heard from any non LOD applicants who have a scheduled class even after being offered a position.

Saving $$$

snowcountry in Seattle, Washington

42 months ago

DL Seattle FA in Seattle, Washington said: We are replacing interpreters with new hire LODs. I haven't heard from any non LOD applicants who have a scheduled class even after being offered a position.

Saving $$$

I applied for LOD position on 10/26 and did a phone interview on 10/27. My status shows under review. I called the recruiter back and was told that I needed to reaply since all I did was to reactivate the application started on 4/5/2011. After 6 months( 10/5/2011), the application expires. I am not so sure if I should withdraw and reappl since I did the phone screening already on 10/27/11. I hope I make it to the f2f interview.

Ready Reserve Customer ServiceApplicant. in Marietta, Georgia

38 months ago

Hey there!

After a face to face interview. Is it normal to not hear back from them for weeks? My application is still "under review" online.

Thanks for your feed back.

Ready Reserve Customer Service ATL in Fayetteville, Georgia

38 months ago

Ready Reserve Customer ServiceApplicant. in Marietta, Georgia said: Hey there!

After a face to face interview. Is it normal to not hear back from them for weeks? My application is still "under review" online.

Thanks for your feed back.

I had a F2F a week ago and still have my application "under review". I also have not received a call back... I called Delta and asked what was going as far as whether I got the position or not.. The lady told me that the recruiters need a while to review every application.
Also, after my interview, I was told that I would be receiving an email in 2 business days and have no received that either.
When I walked out after my F2F, I saw 2 other applicants filling out some type of paperwork that I was not familiar with.
So confused!!

JP in Mission, Texas

18 months ago

Did you end up calling? I accidentally withdrew my application and I was referred! I don't have a number to call, do you? I would really appreciate it!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.