AMERICAN AIRLINES 2016 new candidates

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 3289)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Flyhost in San Diego, California

20 months ago

Keep the good vibe going. A new forum for Canditates so we can connect easier.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Let's use this one instead of the 89 page 2015 forum one so we can connect.
Thank you for your cooperation in being respectful and NICE to all.

Reply - Report abuse

flyingpony74

20 months ago

Yes, please! (Im)patiently waiting interview results here... Wondering if the average time is in fact 10 days...

Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

You know maybe the fingerprints Do take a bit of time and we are just worrying in vain

Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Where are you at?

Reply - Report abuse

flyingpony74

20 months ago

Haha yes, here's hoping. Most of my feedback from friends has been super positive, but all the things I've read here about fingerprints not guaranteeing anything makes me nervous. Upstate NY :)

Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

I know..... As soon as you hear anything let me know I'll do the same :)

Reply - Report abuse

wapiti in Sanibel, Florida

20 months ago

Does anyone know what it means when they update your application? I applied in December and still have not done the video interview. Do they send out rejection letters after doing the application if they do not offer you the video interview? Typically how long after they update do you get the link to do the interview? Thanks

Reply - Report abuse

KC1111 in Rockford, Illinois

20 months ago

wapiti in Sanibel, Florida said: Does anyone know what it means when they update your application? I applied in December and still have not done the video interview. Do they send out rejection letters after doing the application if they do not offer you the video interview? Typically how long after they update do you get the link to do the interview? Thanks

Hi there! I applied 12/7
Video invite 1/27
Just be patient as many others who applied way after me are already getting f2f:) Hang in there!!

Reply - Report abuse

flygirl24

20 months ago

I just finished my F2F phone confirmation. My interview is on Wednesday, February 10th. Does anyone else have this date?

Reply - Report abuse

flyingpony74 in Albany, New York

20 months ago

Yes, of course!

Reply - Report abuse

gobraves423 in Johnson City, Tennessee

20 months ago

flygirl24 said: I just finished my F2F phone confirmation. My interview is on Wednesday, February 10th. Does anyone else have this date?

What was your timeline?

Application completed 12/7
Video invite 1/27
Video complete 1/31

Reply - Report abuse

KC1111 in Rockford, Illinois

20 months ago

gobraves423 in Johnson City, Tennessee said: What was your timeline?

Video invite 1/27
Video complete 1/31

This is exactly my timeline! Please let me know if you hear anything:)

Reply - Report abuse

flyingpony74 in Rotterdam Junction, New York

20 months ago

So... I interviewed on Friday, and just received an email saying I haven't been selected to interview ... I'm just a little confused

Reply - Report abuse

flyingpony74 in Rotterdam Junction, New York

20 months ago

I'm not sure if my last comment posted.... Sorry if this is a double! I interviewed in DFW recently and just received an email saying I haven't been selected to interview. Just a little confused, here ...

Reply - Report abuse

flygirl24

20 months ago

gobraves423 in Johnson City, Tennessee said: What was your timeline?

Video invite 1/27
Video complete 1/31

My timeline is
(ENDING)
1/4/16-Application Submitted
1/8/16-Online Interview Invitation
1/10/16-Online Interview
1/29/16-F2F Invitation
2/1/16-F2F Phone Call
2/1/16-F2F Confirmation

Reply - Report abuse

cookie1121 in Ft Myers, Florida

20 months ago

Timeline:
12/8/15 application
1//5/16 invitation for video
1/9/16 video interview
1/29/16 invitation for DFW f2f Tuesday Feb.9, 2016

hope this helps. Anyone going that day?

Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Hi Everyone!,,
I just received my TBNT letter..... I just want to let you know how everything went.
Applied 11/15
Video interview 12/31
F2F interview at DWF 1/27
Did group interview, fingerprints, reach test, 1on1, No Cjo and a week later TBNT letter
The Recruiting Team where great in making you feel your doing a good job comfortable and a joy to be there.
Sorry this time it ended for me but I know what I did wrong so next time I will get it.
Keep At it guys if this is what you really want. Good luck to you.

Reply - Report abuse

Heather Pinkdolls in Los Angeles, California

20 months ago

Flyhost in San Diego, California said: Hi Everyone!,,
I just received my TBNT letter..... I just want to let you know how everything went.
Applied 11/15
Video interview 12/31
Did group interview, fingerprints, reach test, 1on1, No Cjo and a week later TBNT letter
The Recruiting Team where great in making you feel your doing a good job comfortable and a joy to be there.
Sorry this time it ended for me but I know what I did wrong so next time I will get it.

@Flyhost. What do you think you did wrong? And what would you do differently if you had the opportunity? Thank you for your time

Reply - Report abuse

FA GUY in San Diego, California

20 months ago

Flyhost in San Diego, California said: Hi Everyone!,,
Applied 11/15
Video interview 12/31

Hey man - San Diego here as well - are you a FA already? Bummer about the TBNT -

Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Not a FA yet. I got f2f for Delta 2/22. And I would change my delivery of the answer for.....Tell me where have you worked? I was just giving facts instead of DETAILS they want a story not just facts. So they can see and hear your conversation skills. Used to be FA before.

Reply - Report abuse

WheelsUp410

20 months ago

Just got my email to do the video interview. I applied 1/08.

Reply - Report abuse

FutureFlight_Attendant in Atlanta, Georgia

20 months ago

Has anyone in here gotten a CJO yet?!

Reply - Report abuse

Dywebb93 in San Angelo, Texas

19 months ago

Can anyone who has been hired tell me when training starts? I have a f2f invite for Feb 17!

Reply - Report abuse

DeltaXChico in International

19 months ago

Flyhost in San Diego, California said: Not a FA yet. I got f2f for Delta 2/22. And I would change my delivery of the answer for.....Tell me where have you worked? I was just giving facts instead of DETAILS they want a story not just facts. So they can see and hear your conversation skills. Used to be FA before.

Good luck with delta. Great company. Great flexibilty :) i luv it

Reply - Report abuse

DeltaXChico in International

19 months ago

This site is great. Tells you hiring airlines.. Apply to regionals and mainline.. Good luck and blessings :)
www.flightattendantcareer.com/hiring_info.htm

Reply - Report abuse

SkyKing88 in Mercer Island, Washington

19 months ago

Does American send a TBNT even if you don't get a video invite. I applied the 1/27 and my file was updated today but no email has been sent. Wonder if theyve slowed down hiring.

Reply - Report abuse

Flygurl in Gainesville, Georgia

19 months ago

I applied 12/7/2016 but have not heard a peep.. lol but i know that it keeps getting updated. Good or bad?

Reply - Report abuse

arkguy12 in Houston, Texas

19 months ago

Did anyone apply as a Portuguese speaker?

Reply - Report abuse

HighUpInTheSky93 in Lakewood, New Jersey

19 months ago

arkguy12 in Houston, Texas said: Did anyone apply as a Portuguese speaker?

I did! I'm going to the training class that starts on Feb 15th! :)

Reply - Report abuse

faguy in San Diego, California

19 months ago

HighUpInTheSky93 in Lakewood, New Jersey said: I did! I'm going to the training class that starts on Feb 15th! :)

Congratulations!! How long did it take to do your background check / medical? I just got my CJO on 2/4... Not sure what to expect now!!!

Reply - Report abuse

flygirl in Phoenix, Arizona

19 months ago

hi everyone! just wondering about the group of candidates who got cjo's on 2/2, how did you guys get a training date already?
i got a cjo on 2/4 and wont have any information until my background check and fingerprints clear

Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

hey FA guy!

It took about 2 weeks after the F2F for me to be scheduled for my drug test and language test over the phone. A week after that I got a call scheduling me for the class that starts feb 15th so about 3 weeks or so. It definitely went quicker than I expected!

Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

HighUpInTheSky93 in Lakewood, New Jersey said: hey FA guy!

It took about 2 weeks after the F2F for me to be scheduled for my drug test and language test over the phone. A week after that I got a call scheduling me for the class that starts feb 15th so about 3 weeks or so. It definitely went quicker than I expected!

Thanks... Question- after your f2f- I hear people got an email the very next day about background checks - I got my CJO this past Thursday and. Am concerned i didn't get any type of email yet- should i just wait it out a couple days

Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Yeah just wait it out, I got an email 2 weeks after about the background check. It's just s form you fill out with past employers and you fax it over but then I had to redo it when I went to my drug screen anyway lol so don't worry you'll end up doing it one way or another.

Reply - Report abuse

wing-ingit in Westminster, Maryland

19 months ago

Chiming in with my info....
Applied 2/23
Nothing yet. Second time around for me.
Good luck everyone!!!

Reply - Report abuse

wing-ingit in Westminster, Maryland

19 months ago

wing-ingit in Westminster, Maryland said: Chiming in with my info....
Applied 2/23
Nothing yet. Second time around for me.
Good luck everyone!!!

Oops. I meant 1/23. LOL

Reply - Report abuse

Hoods in Köln, Germany not in London, United Kingdom

19 months ago

I applied in january and now I am scheduled for my f2f Feb 17th.

Reply - Report abuse

shuntae in Fort Worth, Texas

19 months ago

Hey guys. I applied 1/10 got my video interview 1/15 i turned that in 1/18 i got an email invite fur my f2f on 2/2 and i go tmrw for it. Im so nervous. Good luck everybody!!

Reply - Report abuse

skybound412 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Hi all, just wanted to give an update in here. I got a lovely TBNT email today.

Timeline details:
Applied 1/6
Invite to video interview 1/12
Completed VI 1/14
TBNT 2/10

Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Reply - Report abuse

Bonnie in Toronto, Ohio

19 months ago

skybound412 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Hi all, just wanted to give an update in here. I got a lovely TBNT email today.

Timeline details:
Applied 1/6
Invite to video interview 1/12
Completed VI 1/14
TBNT 2/10

Good luck to everyone still in the running!

I see your in Pitts. If you get a job offer how does that work? I was called for an interview next Wed and not sure what to do since there isn't a base in Pittsburgh. Just wondering how difficult it is to commute and how many hours is a typical week just starting out?

Reply - Report abuse

skybound412 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Bonnie in Toronto, Ohio said: I see your in Pitts. If you get a job offer how does that work? I was called for an interview next Wed and not sure what to do since there isn't a base in Pittsburgh. Just wondering how difficult it is to commute and how many hours is a typical week just starting out?

Hi Bonnie, I was not offered the job as I received a "thanks but no thanks" (TBNT) email saying I was not chosen to proceed to the next step, which is the face to face interview. If (fingers crossed for you!) you receive an offer after your interview, they will assign you a base that you will work from, which can be a number of different ones, and they choose it. You will have to either relocate to your assigned base or commute by plane, most likely. I think you can put in to be transferred to other bases but the may be a seniority thing, I am not positive. I believe AA guarantees 75 hours a month. You'd be on reserve for quite some time. Note: I got this info from this site, and just went back through the pages of the AA threads. Theres some great info that some folks have shared throughout the months. My apologies if I've not given correct info anywhwere. I would check through the posts if I were you. Good luck with the f2f!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Bonnie in Toronto, Ohio

19 months ago

Thank you so much! I'm hesitant considering there really aren't any close bases at this time. At my age it's a bit overwhelming to think of relocating at a moments notice. Thank you so much for your thoughts.

Reply - Report abuse

marbella150 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina

19 months ago

HighUpInTheSky93 in Lakewood, New Jersey said: Yeah just wait it out, I got an email 2 weeks after about the background check. It's just s form you fill out with past employers and you fax it over but then I had to redo it when I went to my drug screen anyway lol so don't worry you'll end up doing it one way or another.

Hi! Was your interview only for Portuguese speaking candidates, or was it a mixture? Congratulations on getting the job! I am interviewing this next week as a French speaker.

Reply - Report abuse

Ladybug in Forest Hills, New York

19 months ago

Hi. I Just applied last Thursday 02/11/16 for bilingual position. Didn't hear anything back for video interview yet. I also applied at United and they invited me for a video interview which I haven't done.

Best of luck everyone.

Reply - Report abuse

Ladybug in Forest Hills, New York

19 months ago

Jjjj

Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

marbella150 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina said: Hi! Was your interview only for Portuguese speaking candidates, or was it a mixture? Congratulations on getting the job! I am interviewing this next week as a French speaker.

It was a mix of people who applied for the bilingual position as well as only English speakers. And thank you! Good luck to you!!

Reply - Report abuse

marbella150 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina

19 months ago

HighUpInTheSky93 in Lakewood, New Jersey said: It was a mix of people who applied for the bilingual position as well as only English speakers. And thank you! Good luck to you!!

Thank you! Is there language testing the same day as the rest of the interview?

Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

HEY ALL -

If anyone is in the March 7 training class - Here's a FB page for our class....
Search for

American FA Training Class 03/07

Looking forward to meeting everyone in 3 short weeks!!

Reply - Report abuse

flyaway2016 in Norwalk, Connecticut

19 months ago

Hey y'all! Was wondering tattoo policies. The one on my neck I'm in the process of getting removed. but I have two on the inside of my ankles. And was wondering about those. I know when they ask you do you have any visible tattoos collarbone and up... but what do they ask about your legs???

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.