AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHT ATTENDANT 2017

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1011)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

AA11 in Dallas, Texas

6 months ago

It is 2017 so it is time for a new discussion about everything related to becoming an American Airlines flight attendant.

Feel free to discuss anything related to the hiring process, interviews, training, language qualifications and the job after training (pay, benefits, bases, scheduling, trips, union).

The first 3 classes of 2017 have already graduated and I think the 9th class of 2017 starts training this week.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Ready2Fly17 in Bronx, New York

6 months ago

I have a f2f on 3/6/17 and Im super excited!

Reply - Report abuse

AA11 in Dallas, Texas

6 months ago

Ready2Fly17 in Bronx, New York said: I have a f2f on 3/6/17 and Im super excited!

Good luck! What time is your interview?

Reply - Report abuse

whatifyoufly in Miami Beach, Florida

6 months ago

Hey all. New to this form! Anyone schedualed for a f2f March 7th 12:30?!?

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

AA11 in Dallas, Texas said: Good luck! What time is your interview?

10am

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Is a pants suit acceptable?

I need tips on what to wear for the interview.

Reply - Report abuse

HappyCamper2017 in Detroit, Michigan

6 months ago

Here's my timeline of events:
12/5/16- Applied online.
1/9/17- Invite email for VI.
1/13/17- Completed VI
3/3/17- Invite email for F2F.
3/9/17- F2F!!!!!

I'm short(5ft). How high do you have to reach for the reach test and can you use just one hand or does it HAVE to be both?
Bare feet:
With one hand I reach: 80inches, which is 6'8''
With both I can reach: 78inches, which is 6'6''
Does that qualify??

Also, after you receive CJO and they do a background check, do they speak to your direct supervisor or do they just call HR to confirm you work there? I don't want to make it awkward at my job. I want to give a proper 2 weeks notice not a 2 months notice. I know that training usually starts a couple months after you get the CJO.

Any info would help. Thanks!! :)

Reply - Report abuse

HappyCamper2017 in Detroit, Michigan

6 months ago

Ready2Fly17 in Bronx, New York said: Is a pants suit acceptable?

I need tips on what to wear for the interview.

I've read several comments and watched several YouTube videos, I heard that a pants suit is the safe way to go. If you have a skirt suit, make sure it's long enough so you don't get sent home. I'm debating on which one go wear for my F2F this Thursday.

Reply - Report abuse

JNR in Concord, North Carolina

6 months ago

Hey everyone! So I just listened to a voicemail From American Airlines, and they want to invite me to a face to face! I haven't seen anyone else really say they were called and were instead e-mailed, so I was wondering if there might be a phone interview involved? Has anyone else been called rather than e-mailed? Also, are all the F2F interviews held in Dallas? Thank you!

Reply - Report abuse

JFew in Peoria, Arizona

6 months ago

I have a f2f on the 8th at 12:30 super excited! Any one ?

Reply - Report abuse

GAT in Richardson, Texas

6 months ago

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to post my timeline in case anyone can relate to it and not feel completely discouraged or impatient alone lol.

1/8/17-Applied
1/26/17-Invite to VI
1/28/17-Completed VI

Application still "In Progress"

The flight attendant position I applied for was a English/Spanish position.
I'll update when I receive any news

Reply - Report abuse

GAT in Richardson, Texas

6 months ago

I've seen in another forum that people have received a phone call from a 919 area code number to discuss details of a possible interview

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

GAT in Richardson, Texas said: I've seen in another forum that people have received a phone call from a 919 area code number to discuss details of a possible interview

Yes I got a call from a 919 number on Monday and called back yesterday and scheduled my interview! I also got an email yesterday morning asking me to either email back or call to confirm an interview date and time.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

My interview is 3/14 at 12:30 in Dallas!

Reply - Report abuse

AA11 in Dallas, Texas

6 months ago

Yes, all interviews are in Dallas.

Reply - Report abuse

FA 17-11 in Grand Prairie, Texas

6 months ago

Anyone starting training on the 13th, as in this Sunday?

Reply - Report abuse

AA11 in Dallas, Texas

6 months ago

FA 17-11 in Grand Prairie, Texas said: Anyone starting training on the 13th, as in this Sunday?

What is your class number?

Reply - Report abuse

Waiting2Fly in Normal, Illinois

6 months ago

JNR in Concord, North Carolina said: My interview is 3/14 at 12:30 in Dallas!

My F2F is same day!!! Good Luck :-) see you there!!!

Reply - Report abuse

TsinkaQ in Washintgon, District of Columbia

6 months ago

Face to face interview on March 13 at 12:30! Will I be seeing any of you there?

Reply - Report abuse

AA11 in Dallas, Texas

6 months ago

Any of you who got job offers, when does your training start?

Reply - Report abuse

tiff in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

6 months ago

For those who had their face to face this month and got a CJO, when does your training start?

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous123 in Greencastle, Pennsylvania

6 months ago

I have been waiting to apply for open flight attendant positions at American Airlines for about 6-8 months. I check from time to time, yet I have not seen any open positions on their website :( I am even signed up for their email updates and have not received any information in regards to open flight attendant positions. I wish I would have known they were hiring! I just checked their website today and there are no openings listed. Has the hiring process ended? I thought about maybe calling their 1-800 phone # and speaking to an HR representative...

Reply - Report abuse

Stephernan09 in Middleburg, Florida

6 months ago

JNR in Concord, North Carolina said: Hey everyone! So I just listened to a voicemail From American Airlines , and they want to invite me to a face to face! I haven't seen anyone else really say they were called and were instead e-mailed, so I was wondering if there might be a phone interview involved? Has anyone else been called rather than e-mailed? Also, are all the F2F interviews held in Dallas? Thank you!

I got both an email then a phone call the next day :)

Reply - Report abuse

KC1003 in New York, New York

6 months ago

I got a call but the guy wasn't very clear. I'm going for my F2F and he said that I should have gotten emailed with information but I never did. He said I should receive one within 24 hours. Does the email contain more information about the interview and flight?

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

What are the chances of us getting relocated and when do we find out if we are getting relocated?

Reply - Report abuse

Tmc22 in Chicago, Illinois

6 months ago

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew if American sends any new hires to ORD. I know they have a base there, I'm just not sure how large/senior it is. If they don't does anyone know the chances/timeframe on getting a transfer there?

Reply - Report abuse

aastew in Star, California

6 months ago

Tmc22 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew if American sends any new hires to ORD. I know they have a base there, I'm just not sure how large/senior it is. If they don't does anyone know the chances/timeframe on getting a transfer there?

Yep! I know some junior people have gone to ORD. If they didn't get it right away, they got it after a few months.

KC1003 in New York, New York said: What are the chances of us getting relocated and when do we find out if we are getting relocated?

Do you mean relocated like where you're based? You bid for your bases in training and find out what they are towards the end. If you want to be in New York it probably won't be very hard at all to be based there and once you're in a base they can't really relocate you unless they're closing it but that's not likely to happen esp. in new york.

Reply - Report abuse

Tmc22 in Chicago, Illinois

6 months ago

aastew in Star, California said: Yep! I know some junior people have gone to ORD. If they didn't get it right away, they got it after a few months.

Thank you for the information!

Reply - Report abuse

aastew in Star, California

6 months ago

Tmc22 in Chicago, Illinois said: Thank you for the information!

Welcome! Is anyone getting their class dates?

Reply - Report abuse

Nicole91 in San Diego, California

6 months ago

Hey! Is anyone going to the F2F this coming Tuesday, the 21?! SO excited but definitely totally nervous!!

Reply - Report abuse

AA11 in Dallas, Texas

6 months ago

Tmc22 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew if American sends any new hires to ORD. I know they have a base there, I'm just not sure how large/senior it is. If they don't does anyone know the chances/timeframe on getting a transfer there?

They always send at least 8 to 18 people from each class to Chicago. That has been the case for at least 2 years now.

Reply - Report abuse

KB in Riverview, Florida

6 months ago

does anyone know what subsidiary they are hiring under right now? my bro starts training on the 27 and we are wondering if he'll be flying on the US air side or AA side

Reply - Report abuse

GAT in Richardson, Texas

6 months ago

GAT in Richardson, Texas said: Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to post my timeline in case anyone can relate to it and not feel completely discouraged or impatient alone lol.

1/8/17-Applied
1/26/17-Invite to VI
1/28/17-Completed VI

Application still "In Progress"

The flight attendant position I applied for was a English/Spanish position.
I'll update when I receive any news

Recieved F2F Invite 3/16
Scheduled Interview for 3/23 at 10:00!

Anyone else?? :)

Reply - Report abuse

AA11 in Dallas, Texas

6 months ago

KB in Riverview, Florida said: does anyone know what subsidiary they are hiring under right now? my bro starts training on the 27 and we are wondering if he'll be flying on the US air side or AA side

Most probably AA.

Reply - Report abuse

Flying from Austin in Austin, Texas

6 months ago

I have a F2F in Dallas on Friday, March 24th. Does anyone know the likelihood of being based in Dallas?

Also, is there a shuttle from the airport to the interview location? I can't seem to find that detail in my emails.

Thank you.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

aastew in Star, California said: Yep! I know some junior people have gone to ORD. If they didn't get it right away, they got it after a few months.

Do you mean relocated like where you're based? You bid for your bases in training and find out what they are towards the end. If you want to be in New York it probably won't be very hard at all to be based there and once you're in a base they can't really relocate you unless they're closing it but that's not likely to happen esp. in new york.

Thank you! That was very helpful/reassuring

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Flying from Austin in Austin, Texas said: I have a F2F in Dallas on Friday, March 24th. Does anyone know the likelihood of being based in Dallas?

Also, is there a shuttle from the airport to the interview location? I can't seem to find that detail in my emails.

Thank you.

I have the same question as well. my F2F is on the 30th. Best of luck at yours!

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Is there a shuttle bus from the airport to the interview location?

I'm scheduled for my F2F on March 30th!!

Also, any advice from people who have already had their interview? Anything helps! Thank you!

Reply - Report abuse

Nicole91 in San Diego, California

6 months ago

Yes! There is a shuttle bus! There are SO many vans and shuttles though when you walk out so make sure you take the right one! The people on them are so helpful though and can direct you. But even if you get it wrong it might be ok too! I actually ended up on the wrong shuttle yesterday with another candidate and it went to a different part of the training center. Some FAs were so nice though and walked with us where to go!
Good luck at your interview!!

Reply - Report abuse

AA11 in Dallas, Texas

6 months ago

Good luck to everyone!!!

Most graduates are getting sent to Chicago, New York, Miami, Boston and Washington DC at the moment.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Hey everyone!

I'm just wondering if anyone had any advice for what to pack for the interview. I understand it's going to be a busy day so should we pack a lunch for those who are flying in? Any advice helps!

Reply - Report abuse

AA11 in Dallas, Texas

6 months ago

KC1003 in New York, New York said: Hey everyone!

I'm just wondering if anyone had any advice for what to pack for the interview. I understand it's going to be a busy day so should we pack a lunch for those who are flying in? Any advice helps!

They have tons of snacks there!

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

AA11 in Dallas, Texas said: They have tons of snacks there!

Thank you!Should I bring a notebook or anything else like that?

Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth93 in San Antonio, Texas

6 months ago

Hello,
I had my F2F scheduled for the 28th at 12:30 but just received a call saying that it had been over booked and they would call to reschedule... Has this happened to anyone else????

Reply - Report abuse

HereNGone in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina

6 months ago

Happens all the time with American. THey will call and reschedule.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

HereNGone in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina said: Happens all the time with American. THey will call and reschedule.

Hopefully it won't be a long time until they reschedule. I was really looking forward to the interview.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Depends on how over booked they were. Honestly, it could be tomorrow or next week. Just don't think about it. If you were scheduled for a f2f you will get one. Just remember to look professional, dont go overboard with makeup, especially big eyebrows, don't wear really high heels..always take a minute before you start answering a question, don't just start talking, smile but only naturally, don't fake it..if there's more than 1 person doing your f2f when you answer your question make sure you make eye contact with both not just one...I know it sounds silly but sit up straight. Try to remember their name when they introduce themselves and thano them but name when. You're done..like "it was a pleasure to meet you Jane (shake her hand), and Mike (shake hand). Make sure before thingshe start if you're in a room with a group to go around the room and say hello to people a reference introduce yourself as you're being watched the while time. Try to think of a question you'd like to know own so if they ask you if you have any questions you'll have something to ask, such as how many days of travel time do I have after training is completed to get to my base...once your f2f is over still make sure to try and make contact the wother the other candidates. All the airlines want to see that you're comfortable walking up to total strangers. Read all you can about the airline off their website...and have something ready, most will ask you to tell them a little about yourself. Good lucm!

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Sorry sent from my phone and it's gone bonkers correcting with stupid words I didn't say.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

HereNGone in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina said: Sorry sent from my phone and it's gone bonkers correcting with stupid words I didn't say.

Haha gotta hate auto correct! Thank you for the advice though, I really appreciate it!

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

No problem. Just remember you're truly are being watched every second. Smile alot but not fake. Also go up to ANY of the American FA's around the room (they'll be in uniforms) lol, and Introduce yourself and say hello, Maybe even ask them where they're based. Most new hires end up at their cold bases like DC or New York so don't be surprised if you get hired to be based up North. Best of luck!

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.