About this website: www.flightattendantcareer.com

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Annie in Richmond, British Columbia

81 months ago

Hello Everybody,

I'm Annie from Canada, I found a book called "The Essential Guide To Becoming A Flight Attendant" from www.flightattendantcareer.com

I wondering if this website is reliable? The author of this book named: Ki Ki Ward, do anyone know her and her website? Do you think the book is realy helpful? Anyone from here brought this book before? I just want to make sure the book and the website is trustful if I buy the book and pay online. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thank You~

Annie~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

I ordered the book last week and received it very promptly (in 3 days), Although I will say that you could find out almost all of the information in the book online, it is very nice to have it compiled into one place. One chapter of the book that I have not found online are questions that are asked at many airline interviews. Each question is answered with an appropriate suggestion answer. There are also a few tidbits that you will not find online... One such tidbit that I can think of off the top of my head is the fact that you should wear a wrist watch to an interview because the interviewers will look for it since it is not only a requirements on the part of the FAA for USA f/as to wear during flights, but it also shows that you are concerned about being on time. I have also heard that Kiki answers questions promptly (from what I heard usually within 24 hours) and will help you as best as she can. I would say that it is worth the money. If you have any other questions let me know and also you can check out reviews of the book on amazon (just so ya know, you must have bought the product in order to review it).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Thank You Joe for answering my question in detail. I just have few questions for you. So you brought the book from her offical website: www.flightattendantcareer.com ? is it save to pay online with this website?
Also, you said people can find almost all of the information in the book online, can you give me a link? I'm really interested of buying the book and I think it's a good price. But I just make to make sure Ki Ki's offcial website is save to pay online? Hope to see your reply soon. Also, I need more people's suggestions, hope everybody can help. Thank you so much~~~

Annie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

It is a secure site in terms of data encryption... they use the HTTPS protocol which encrypts your data that is transmitted between your computer and the server. This does not guarantee that your data will be used by them maliciously, but it does let you know that they do care a bit about security. With my experience, they were very reliable and I feel that it is secure. You can find most of the information in the book on this website. Just to give you a breakdown of the book, the first few chapters describes the duties of a flight attendant. Then it goes into the process of applying with an airline. After that it gives you an example cover letter and some keywords to use (flexible, enthusiastic, etc.). Then she talks about the cover letter and basically says to emphasize any customer service experience you have. She talks about interviewing and how to dress. After which she describes some tips for interviewing and then goes into the questions and answers section of the interview process. Finally she wraps it all up with a summary and some encouraging words. Like I said most of whats in the book has been given as advice on this forum. If you are not sure about how secure kiki's website is, you can always order it on amazon which is one of the most trusted online merchant sites. Hopefully this helps you out and as always if you have any more questions, let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Thank You so much Joe, you are so friendly. Now i'm not that worry about buying the book~

Andrea in Fort Wayne, Indiana

81 months ago

The book is good info but as stated by Joe, it is on this site and others. The good thing about the book is, it's all in one place. The book is good for a first time applicant.

As for the other things she offers on her site, forget it. The individual Airline interview processes are not accurate. She says she has inside info but I have ordered them and the interview was nothing like what she said.

And for the Resume help, oh my gosh, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. I had the extra money to invest, I was new to all this and thought her help would be beneficial, well, no. She used a variety of tenses where it should have been uniform; She used periods here but not there; Capitalization was random as well; the thing was a mess! She used the key words but I had to redo it, what she sent me was very unprofessional. She should have stopped at the book.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Thank you for letting me know about the book and not to waste money on useless things. It's really helpful.
So you mean I can found most of the info online. But can you give me a website?

81 months ago

Joe, I want to purchase the book from Amazon. So do I just go www.amazon.com
and search for the book? Can you give me a website? Thank You so much^-^

81 months ago

Like both Andrea and I have said, most of the info can be found one this forum, but it is nice to have it compiled into a book. If you want to order the book from amazon you can just go to the website and enter the title in the search box. Also the direct link is www.amazon.com/Essential-Guide-Becoming-Flight-Attendant/dp/0970184328/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212101650&sr=8-1 . Good luck and like always, if you have anymore questions, let us know.

SkyServer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

81 months ago

You can find almost the same info on-line at Flight Attendant Training Online. That site has pretty much everthing you need and its FREE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Thx Guys. I'm going to get the book for sure. Thank you for sending me the link Joe~ you guys helped me alot~

81 months ago

I'm glad we could help. I wish you only success where ever it leads you to. Please let me know if I can help you out or if you get any interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MattATL in Atlanta, Georgia

81 months ago

I did not purchase the book but I talked to some people who did.
They said that yes, everything in the book can be found by going and reading the archives on this forum (which I would recommend doing even if you do purchase the book..I learned a lot from others on this forum, had their support in the application/interview process and ended up getting a job with my first choice airline).
This is free so take advantage of it regardless!

One thing I can say...I was told that the interview questions are not accurate at all for the Delta interview. So don't bother spending money on that.

I've talked to some AA FAs who have flown with KiKi and they say she is a great person.

So I guess if you want some info all in one place, go ahead and purchase it.
If you are on a budget (like many of us were in the process) study the forums and ask questions.

81 months ago

Hi everyone again ^-^

Thx Joe for provide me the link from amazon I purchase the book from there already.I'm really excited for it to arrive.

Thx Matt for letting me know more about Ki Ki and not wasting $ on something useless.

Yesterday I got a message from another forum and I have been told that Cathay is hiring vancouver base right now. Here's a link:
www.airlinecrew.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=201783

Can you guys help me to look at this link because there's website provided in there,but when I click on the website there's nothing to see. I'm wondering if Cathay is really hiring vancouver base right now? However, I want to send a resume to them and try it anyways. Can anyone teach me some tips of writing resume for airlines? any special tricks or particular word I should use in my resume? I can't wait for the book for writing my resume because the deadline for Cathay is June.15th
So I hope to see more suggestions from you guys!

Last, I want to say: It's really happy to chat in this forum, you guys are so helpful and friendly.Thanks a million^-^

81 months ago

I just checked Cathay's offcial website and comfirmed they are hiring for vancouver base. I'm so happy and excited for this~ The deadline for sending resume in June 15th, So I need your suggestions for writing a resume that airlines are looking for. It's the first time I apply for airlines.
Everybody, please give me some tips for writing resume. Thanks!^-^

May Namgung in Minneapolis, Minnesota

36 months ago

Hi Annie, I just wanted to know if you had become a fly attendant after the purchase of that book.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.