Air Transat - Flight Attendant - 2013/2014

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1704)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

JobSeeker2013 in Toronto, Ontario

16 months ago

I would start a thread for Air Transat Flight Attendant since they are currently recruiting. Has anyone else applied? Has anyone received a call from their application?

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Maria42 in Montreal, Quebec

16 months ago

I applied too. It says that you can send your resume until january 6th. I don't think they will begin their calls before that date. Let us know if any of you have the call :) Good luck to everyone !!! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

glengrove in Toronto, Ontario

16 months ago

Hi guys~ I'm glad to have found this forum !!
lets keep each other posted~
any idea how many people does Transat plan to hire??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

glengrove in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi guys~ I'm glad to have found this forum !!
lets keep each other posted~
any idea how many people does Transat plan to hire??

I was told that they plan to hire about 200 FA's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bianca26 in Guelph, Ontario

15 months ago

Hey everyone! I am so happy to find this post I applied a few weeks ago but I haven't heard back yet either. I am hoping they are on holidays and will give us all a call soon. I saw that they extended the posting until January 31st so hopefully we all get a chance to do an interview. I was just wondering if you guys are fluent in French?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

aprov in Québec, Quebec

15 months ago

bianca26 in Guelph, Ontario said: Hey everyone! I am so happy to find this post I applied a few weeks ago but I haven't heard back yet either. I am hoping they are on holidays and will give us all a call soon. I saw that they extended the posting until January 31st so hopefully we all get a chance to do an interview. I was just wondering if you guys are fluent in French?

Hi bianca26, I applied too for TS FA. I speak english and french. So I'm bilingual. I hope it will helps me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

junb in Mississauga, Ontario

15 months ago

I just applied for it. I have applied once in 2012 and I was not selected for lack of experience in customer service. Hopefully this time I get lucky.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LCatherine in Ontario

15 months ago

Has anyone heard back from Air Transat about interviews!? I applied about a week and a half ago! Does anyone know what their hiring/training process is like?! Thanks and good luck everyone!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aprov in Québec, Quebec

15 months ago

I'm pretty sure no-one got any call, because the closing date is now january 31th. Of course they will wait after this date to contact us. Good luck to you and everyone !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LCatherine in Ontario

15 months ago

aprov in Québec, Quebec said: I'm pretty sure no-one got any call, because the closing date is now january 31th. Of course they will wait after this date to contact us. Good luck to you and everyone !!!

Thanks good luck to you as well! Do you have a lot of customer service experience? Any languages?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aprov in Québec, Quebec

15 months ago

LCatherine in Ontario said: Thanks good luck to you as well! Do you have a lot of customer service experience? Any languages?

Well, I have worked as a CSA at the airport. After that Front desk in a hotel, restaurant and in a travel agencie...so yes I have a lot of customer service experiences. For the languages, I write and speak french, english and a bit of spanish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LCatherine in Ontario

15 months ago

aprov in Québec, Quebec said: Well, I have worked as a CSA at the airport. After that Front desk in a hotel, restaurant and in a travel agencie...so yes I have a lot of customer service experiences. For the languages, I write and speak french, english and a bit of spanish.

That's great experience! Good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Wow Aprov ! You have a great shot at this !
For me, I have experience in a touristic information office so I think it should help me a little. I speak french, english and portuguese.
What I can tell you about the hiring process, you have 1 interview on the phone, basic questions. After that, if you pass, you'll get the face to face interview. Questions about you and all of that. If you pass that step, you'll have a second interview right away. If you don't, there's very little chances that they will call you back. :(
It's the most stressful part for me. I did the first interview and I thought it went well but I was wrong. I was 21 and I did'nt have a lot of customer service experience. I really hope it's my time this year !! And for all you too :) If we're all on this forum, it's because we really want to know as much as we can about it.

Crossing fingers for all of us !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LCatherine in Ontario

15 months ago

Maria42 in Montreal, Quebec said: Wow Aprov ! You have a great shot at this !
For me, I have experience in a touristic information office so I think it should help me a little. I speak french, english and portuguese.
What I can tell you about the hiring process, you have 1 interview on the phone, basic questions. After that, if you pass, you'll get the face to face interview. Questions about you and all of that. If you pass that step, you'll have a second interview right away. If you don't, there's very little chances that they will call you back. :(
It's the most stressful part for me. I did the first interview and I thought it went well but I was wrong. I was 21 and I did'nt have a lot of customer service experience. I really hope it's my time this year !! And for all you too :) If we're all on this forum, it's because we really want to know as much as we can about it.

Crossing fingers for all of us !

I think your languages will really help too!! I have retail customer service experience and volunteer with big brothers big sisters as a facilitator. I am native English but have elementary proficiency on French. So I lack on the languages. I'm hoping my masters may potentially compensate :p good luck!! I bet you will get an interview again this time around :)

15 months ago

it is so weird..I was searching flight attendant job in indeed.com
air transat job posting led me to another jobsite..,it says "Interviews will be held in Montreal on February 19, 20 and 21st 2014(For yyz&YVR base)" but air transat career site doesnt say this.
i hope i dont need to go to Montreal for the interview.
link->www.hotelleriejobs.com/en/job/flight-attendants-air-transat-toronto-vancouver?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

and has anyone heard about Air Georgian?
they are hiring flight attendants...seems like they are gonna operate flights on behalf of air canada express..
anyone has any idea?

and is anybody interested in corporate flight attendant? Bombardier is hiring..

so far, I applied for Canjet..no call yet
air transat...probably hiring process would end end of Feb??
Bombardier...I don't know...i prefer to work in bigger airplanes haha..
waiting is just killing...since I have been unemployed so long, i need to take any opportunity

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aprov in Québec, Quebec

15 months ago

glengrove in Toronto, Ontario said: it is so weird..I was searching flight attendant job in indeed.com
air transat job posting led me to another jobsite..,it says "Interviews will be held in Montreal on February 19, 20 and 21st 2014(For yyz&YVR base)" but air transat career site doesnt say this.
link-> www.hotelleriejobs.com/en/job/flight-attendants-air-transat-toronto-vancouver?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

they are hiring flight attendants...seems like they are gonna operate flights on behalf of air canada express..
anyone has any idea?

waiting is just killing...since I have been unemployed so long, i need to take any opportunity

It is good looking, now we know that the interview will be in Montréal. I've got called for Canjet at the beginning of the summer. For Bombardier, I know that it is a contact job...it means you never know when you will fly...they can call you 1 time a month...or 7. I hope we will get news soon.

junb in Mississauga, Ontario

15 months ago

Usually Air Transat do call all the applicants. First is the phone interview, based on that you would be told if they would like to set up face to face interview. hope this helps and we all get a call soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

junb in Mississauga, Ontario said: Usually Air Transat do call all the applicants. First is the phone interview, based on that you would be told if they would like to set up face to face interview. hope this helps and we all get a call soon.

Hi everyone !!! I JUST got the call for the interview !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm hoping that you'll all have it too !!!
And junb, I'm pretty sure they can't call every applicants. Only those who they think are qualified by their CV's. They receive a lot of applicants.

LCatherine in Ontario

15 months ago

Maria42 in Montreal, Quebec said: Hi everyone !!! I JUST got the call for the interview !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm hoping that you'll all have it too !!!
And junb, I'm pretty sure they can't call every applicants. Only those who they think are qualified by their CV's. They receive a lot of applicants.

Congrats!! That is super exciting. What is your experience/languages like?!

15 months ago

LCatherine in Ontario said: Congrats!! That is super exciting. What is your experience/languages like?!

I'm working in a tourist information office and I speak french, english and portuguese. Maybe I was called so fast because I applied the first day they started recruiting.

LCatherine in Ontario

15 months ago

Maria42 in Montreal, Quebec said: I'm working in a tourist information office and I speak french, english and portuguese. Maybe I was called so fast because I applied the first day they started recruiting.

That would make sense you got a call then! I feel like 3 languages and customer service experience is what they really want!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JW in Winnipeg, Manitoba

15 months ago

Wow, call backs already???

Do you mind telling me which area code they called from? I just want to make sure I answer that call when it comes through (hopefully)!

I really really reallyyyyyyyyyyy hope to get a call back!

15 months ago

JW in Winnipeg, Manitoba said: Wow, call backs already???

Do you mind telling me which area code they called from? I just want to make sure I answer that call when it comes through (hopefully)!

I really really reallyyyyyyyyyyy hope to get a call back!

I think that since the headquarters are in Montréal, it should be 514. If you have can see who's calling you, you will see RH Air Transat !

15 months ago

Maria42 in Montreal, Quebec said: I think that since the headquarters are in Montréal, it should be 514. If you have can see who's calling you, you will see RH Air Transat !

Congrats Maria
can you please tell me where is interview held?
and when they call you,, was it like phone interview or just to make a appointments for interview?

aprov in Québec, Quebec

15 months ago

Maria42 in Montreal, Quebec said: I think that since the headquarters are in Montréal, it should be 514. If you have can see who's calling you, you will see RH Air Transat !

WOW Maria42 I am really happy for you ! I sent my resumé on the second day of the job posting, so I hope I am next...because I would like to meet everyone who wants the same goal as me...FLY

15 months ago

glengrove in Toronto, Ontario said: Congrats Maria
can you please tell me where is interview held?
and when they call you,, was it like phone interview or just to make a appointments for interview?

Mine is at their Hangar in Montreal. If you're from Toronto, they should be held there. It's a phone interview with simple questions. Then, at the end of the call, if they liked your answers, they offer you a date for a face to face interview.

Aprov, I really think I was the first called as crazy as it is. I have the first day of interviews and the first appointment that day. My morning is crazyyy !

LCatherine in Ontario

15 months ago

I wish everyone the best of luck! Maybe they will call Montreal interviews and then Toronto ones? I applied a bit later in the month - around the 28th so I probably won't hear back for a while. Thanks for keeping us posted! I hope everyone here gets an interview!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Yes I think so too. YYZ after YUL and then YVR. I wish you all the best too ! Not just for the call but the interviews ! I'm just disappointed that the majority of you aren't from Montreal ! We could meet and help each other ! Crossing all of my fingers for each of us ! :)

aprov in Québec, Quebec

15 months ago

Maria42 in Montreal, Quebec said: Yes I think so too. YYZ after YUL and then YVR. I wish you all the best too ! Not just for the call but the interviews ! I'm just disappointed that the majority of you aren't from Montreal ! We could meet and help each other ! Crossing all of my fingers for each of us ! :)

Maria42 Je vis près de Montréal, alors ce n'est pas un problème de s'aider et de se rencontrer, de plus si nous devons quitter le Québec pour l'Ontario nous devrons trouver un endroit où vivre. Peut-être même un appartement avec plusieurs agents de bord.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

aprov in Québec, Quebec said: Maria42 Je vis près de Montréal, alors ce n'est pas un problème de s'aider et de se rencontrer, de plus si nous devons quitter le Québec pour l'Ontario nous devrons trouver un endroit où vivre. Peut-être même un appartement avec plusieurs agents de bord.

Super ! Je suis de la rive-sud de Montréal ! Nous nous laisserons savoir alors, si nous sommes prises (j'espère), nous garderons contact.

C6 FA in Grimsby, Ontario

15 months ago

glengrove in Toronto, Ontario said: it is so weird..I was searching flight attendant job in indeed.com
link-> www.hotelleriejobs.com/en/job/flight-attendants-air-transat-toronto-vancouver?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

anyone has any idea?

Hi there. I'm an FA for Canjet. I know they've just finished their large recruitment of 5 classes, the 5th training class is just about to start. AS for the TS interviews, they may be held in YUL. I know that's where the 5 week training will be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Hi. everyone
I found this!!
Interviews will be held in Montreal on February 19, 20 and 21st 2014, in Toronto on March 5, 6 and th 7th 2014 and in Vancouver on March 19, 20 and 21st 2014.

link:ca.indeed.com/cmp/Air-Transat/jobs/Flight-Attendant-61ffc63eaa5a26c2

interview on March...long wait!!

LCatherine in Ontario

15 months ago

glengrove in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi. everyone
I found this!!
Interviews will be held in Montreal on February 19, 20 and 21st 2014, in Toronto on March 5, 6 and th 7th 2014 and in Vancouver on March 19, 20 and 21st 2014.

link: ca.indeed.com/cmp/Air-Transat/jobs/Flight-Attendant-61ffc63eaa5a26c2

interview on March...long wait!!

Thanks for sharing! That would make sense why Montreal people are hearing back first! I am from Toronto. Good luck with the process!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aprov in Québec, Quebec

15 months ago

Maria42 in Montreal, Quebec said: Super ! Je suis de la rive-sud de Montréal ! Nous nous laisserons savoir alors, si nous sommes prises (j'espère), nous garderons contact.

I got the call Maria42 ! Here we come !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Laval, Quebec

15 months ago

Just got the call too for a face to face interview!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

YEAAAHH !!! I'm so happy for you two !
When are your interviews ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LCatherine in Ontario

15 months ago

Congrats everyone!! What kind of experience/education do you have?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

aprov in MTRL, Quebec

15 months ago

Mine is on 20 feb...et maria42 est-ce possible de s'écrire en privé, car j'ai une question pour vous ? s.v.p
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

aprov in MTRL, Quebec said: Mine is on 20 feb...et maria42 est-ce possible de s'écrire en privé, car j'ai une question pour vous ? s.v.p
Thanks

Bien sûr ! Si vous le voulez, donnez-moi votre e-mail ou facebook car c'est mon nom au complet et j'aimerais que ça reste privé !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aprov in MTRL, Quebec

15 months ago

Maria42 in Montreal, Quebec said: Bien sûr ! Si vous le voulez, donnez-moi votre e-mail ou facebook car c'est mon nom au complet et j'aimerais que ça reste privé !

Très bonne idée de rester confidentiel...voici la nouvelle adresse que je viens de créer: forum_indeed@hotmail.com
:) J'attends un petit message pour avoir votre adresse. Merci encore :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Laval, Quebec

15 months ago

Moi aussi entrevue le 20 février! :) c'est loin..!!!

Dan in Laval, Quebec

15 months ago

My experience is all restaurant industry.

Hockeywife in Aurora, Ontario

15 months ago

C6 FA in Grimsby, Ontario said: Hi there. I'm an FA for Canjet. I know they've just finished their large recruitment of 5 classes, the 5th training class is just about to start. AS for the TS interviews, they may be held in YUL. I know that's where the 5 week training will be.

Does this mean that they've contacted all successful candidates? I know that my references were called.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hockeywife in Aurora, Ontario

15 months ago

C6 FA in Grimsby, Ontario said: Hi there. I'm an FA for Canjet. I know they've just finished their large recruitment of 5 classes, the 5th training class is just about to start. AS for the TS interviews, they may be held in YUL. I know that's where the 5 week training will be.

For canjet I mean

Schweizerin FB in Longueuil, Quebec

15 months ago

First of all, I would like to wish everyone all the best for their interviews. let me tell you a bit more about their hiring process as it was in the past (it might change this year but highly doubt it). I've done it several times and was never chosen. First of all, if you are young and good-looking and not fat, you have better chances.. If you're 30 years old and over your chances of being hired are slim unless you're friends with the president of Transat.. So girls, wear your BEST make-up during THE day. During their interview batches (Jan 19,20,21 Feb), they will choose maximum 5 men to show they are not doing discrimination of any sort. But they will focus on hiring mostly GIRLS. Language does not matter for them, they hire lots of unilinguals. So you will get a phone call with very basic questions: why FA? Why Transat? Did you work previously with Transat? Are you 18 and over? Are you willing to move to YYZ, YVR? What do you think the duties of an FA are? What is for you an excellent customer service?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Now the day of the interview you will hand out papers which you were told to bring on the phone. Then you sit and wait for your name to be called for a quick written test. Don't worry if you don't finish this test or don't have the good answers as they make you write this test to check if you're gonna stress over it or not and to kill the time. So stay calm and just circle the answer you believe is the best.

Then the first 2-on-1 interview
You're going to meet with two FA's: one taking notes and another asking you questions. A good friend working at the HQ told me to notice that it's always the same FAs that are chosen for conducting those interviews .. and he was right! As soon as they see you, their decision is already taken. They mostly check your physical appearance so dress yourself welll and be pretty .. They will ask you customer service-related questions like tell me a time when you went above at work, how you deal with an angry pax, how would do feel to be away from home during 7 consecutive days? It takes 5 to 10 minutes.

If they tell you thx for coming we're going to call you back for a medical appointment, sorry but it's over for you. If you're lucky, you'll receive a rejection letter by mail a couple of days after.

If you are sent to another level, it's the 2nd interview and you're going to meet the boss of HR and the VP of Inflight services. They are the ones who make the final choice towards the uniform fitting and medical. They meet with you for 2 minutes and their decision is taken.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Then you're sent to the uniform fitting to another level. If you reached that step you CAN start being excited over a new career and your chances of being hired are good.

You will be sked for a medical 2-3 days after the interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Maria42 in Montreal, Quebec said: Bien sûr ! Si vous le voulez, donnez-moi votre e-mail ou facebook car c'est mon nom au complet et j'aimerais que ça reste privé !

Tu peux m'écrire en privé aussi si tu as des questions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bianca26 in Guelph, Ontario

15 months ago

Schweizerin FB in Longueuil, Quebec said: Then you're sent to the uniform fitting to another level. If you reached that step you CAN start being excited over a new career and your chances of being hired are good.

You will be sked for a medical 2-3 days after the interviews.

Thank you so much that was very informative and helpful! Good luck this time around hopefully you will get hired :)

LCatherine in Ontario

15 months ago

Schweizerin FB in Longueuil, Quebec said: First of all, I would like to wish everyone all the best for their interviews. let me tell you a bit more about their hiring process as it was in the past (it might change this year but highly doubt it). I've done it several times and was never chosen. First of all, if you are young and good-looking and not fat, you have better chances.. If you're 30 years old and over your chances of being hired are slim unless you're friends with the president of Transat.. So girls, wear your BEST make-up during THE day. During their interview batches (Jan 19,20,21 Feb), they will choose maximum 5 men to show they are not doing discrimination of any sort. But they will focus on hiring mostly GIRLS. Language does not matter for them, they hire lots of unilinguals. So you will get a phone call with very basic questions: why FA? Why Transat? Did you work previously with Transat? Are you 18 and over? Are you willing to move to YYZ, YVR? What do you think the duties of an FA are? What is for you an excellent customer service?

Wow this is amazingly detailed so thank you so much for sharing! I am from Toronto and was getting a bit nervous because I am essentially unilingual with basic proficiency in French. I'm hoping to get a call soon for March interviews! These are great tips! I wish I could share some knowledge on return! Good luck and I wish you all the luck with becoming a FA!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.