Alaska Airlines Hiring for July

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 66)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Fajacs in Spokane, Washington

18 months ago

Good Morning Everyone!!! Alaska Airlines has posted for Flight Attendant. There is only a short window though as it closes on the 9th of July!! Good Luck to EVERYONE!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sadface

18 months ago

Yeah I noticed it last night...guess I'll be applying when my internets a bit better! I wonder if they also have those "online assessments"..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

18 months ago

Does anyone know if Alaska Airlines hires former f/a's and if you are in your 50's? Thanks for the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

sadface said: Yeah I noticed it last night...guess I'll be applying when my internets a bit better! I wonder if they also have those "online assessments"..

Ummm..I'm not sure...but from what I heard...and I hope someone can verify...you have that if you get to the Telephone Interview part...lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

catfish503 in portland, Oregon

18 months ago

When I applied back in March, they did not have an online assessment. I made it pass the online application and the next step was an email with questions to complete. If you pass that they schedule a phone interview about 10-15 minute, mine was about 20 minutes. If you pass that they invite you to the group interview. At the group interview there were all ages, genders and former f/a. =)

When you first sign in at the group interview they have a short questionnaire to complete and then they have their introduction and talk about the company and "being a f/a". I was called up after this because I checked off no to "willing to relocate" (not in the cards for me at this time). The HR person told me it's a requirement, but she also said that if my situation ever changes I am welcome to come back! ;)

Alaska Airlines will hire former f/a and someone in their 50's. Just because you were a former f/a doesn't necessarily mean you'll get hired. It all depends on the group interview and what Alaska considers a fit for their airlines. ;)

Good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

catfish503 in portland, Oregon said: When I applied back in March, they did not have an online assessment. I made it pass the online application and the next step was an email with questions to complete. If you pass that they schedule a phone interview about 10-15 minute, mine was about 20 minutes. If you pass that they invite you to the group interview. At the group interview there were all ages, genders and former f/a. =)

When you first sign in at the group interview they have a short questionnaire to complete and then they have their introduction and talk about the company and "being a f/a". I was called up after this because I checked off no to "willing to relocate" (not in the cards for me at this time). The HR person told me it's a requirement, but she also said that if my situation ever changes I am welcome to come back! ;)

Alaska Airlines will hire former f/a and someone in their 50's. Just because you were a former f/a doesn't necessarily mean you'll get hired. It all depends on the group interview and what Alaska considers a fit for their airlines. ;)

Good luck :)

Awesome info....Thanks so much!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

eeevee in Independence, Missouri

18 months ago

Yay!! Just applied! Excited to *hopefully* hear back from them soon! :)

xdawgx in New Orleans, Louisiana

18 months ago

eeevee in Independence, Missouri said: Yay!! Just applied! Excited to *hopefully* hear back from them soon! :)

I just applied too >_< the confirmation email of submitted app is so straight forward lol. Oh, and Happy 4th of july :p

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eeevee in Independence, Missouri

18 months ago

xdawgx in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I just applied too >_< the confirmation email of submitted app is so straight forward lol. Oh, and Happy 4th of july :p

VERY straight-forward. I remember looking at it for a second, thinking, sure...lol.

And a very Happy 4th to you as well! Doesn't sound like a warzone over here YET! :)

Dee Dee in Pepperell, Massachusetts

18 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: Does anyone know if Alaska Airlines hires former f/a's and if you are in your 50's? Thanks for the info.

Flight attendant hiring personnel are always seeking "older" people to fill positions. A recent class of 100 new hires at a major airline had 7 people between the ages of 40 and 49, 5 people between the ages of 50 and 59, and 1 person over 60!

Good luck!

Dee Dee Shaw
AirlineCareer.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

18 months ago

Dee Dee in Pepperell, Massachusetts said: Flight attendant hiring personnel are always seeking "older" people to fill positions. A recent class of 100 new hires at a major airline had 7 people between the ages of 40 and 49, 5 people between the ages of 50 and 59, and 1 person over 60!

Good luck!

Dee Dee Shaw
AirlineCareer.com

Thanks for the info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio

18 months ago

xdawgx in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I just applied too >_< the confirmation email of submitted app is so straight forward lol. Oh, and Happy 4th of july :p

Does the email even say anything? All mine had was a subject line but no content in the actual body of the email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

xdawgx in New Orleans, Louisiana

18 months ago

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio said: Does the email even say anything? All mine had was a subject line but no content in the actual body of the email.

Nope, that's all there is lol...it made me think i was missing something :S
BTW...anyone attach cover letters? I've never included a cover letter for any of my resumes...I wonder if they would prefer one?

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio

18 months ago

xdawgx in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Nope, that's all there is lol...it made me think i was missing something :S
BTW...anyone attach cover letters? I've never included a cover letter for any of my resumes...I wonder if they would prefer one?

I did. I just started doing it though. The resume just didn't seem to say enough about 'me' other than my work history. So I just use it as an introduction basically.

Dori Skaarer in Harlingen, Texas

18 months ago

Well I just applied, i'm very excited, I hope to hear from them,I hear they are the best!

Dori Skaarer in Harlingen, Texas

18 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: Does anyone know if Alaska Airlines hires former f/a's and if you are in your 50's? Thanks for the info.

I hope so,I'm in my fabulous 50's.

avia11 in nyc, New York

17 months ago

Alaska Airlines likes to hire return applicants.....there are some at the interview who are there for the 6th time! They also show preference for West Coast applicants. Just something to keep in mind if you're an East Coaster since it will cost you for the flight and hotel. Great airline to work for, though.

BTW all trainees spend a full day in a wheelchair while in training to have them experience what it's like for customers who require same.

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio

17 months ago

I was reading some interview experiences with Alaska. In one persons words, it was 'exhausting'. And sad to hear they favor west coast applicants. Makes you feel like you need to try twice as hard to impress if you're from somewhere else.

avia11 in nyc, New York

17 months ago

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio said: I was reading some interview experiences with Alaska. In one persons words, it was 'exhausting'. And sad to hear they favor west coast applicants. Makes you feel like you need to try twice as hard to impress if you're from somewhere else.

I was there with 2 other former co-workers back in January. 2 of us were cut after the group interview which I wasn't impressed with. Among other things they asked situational questions which there was NEVER a right answer to. They just hammered away at you...I think it was to see if you got flustered or not. The other woman made it to the one-on-one and spent hours there waiting her turn. She is older with experience and a wonderful candidate. She knows she gave the right answers but believes she was tripped up by the HR person (who btw has the final say on hiring!). She was asked repeatedly if she would indeed relocate. She stated emphatically she would love to be based anywhere they out her, including ANC, as she has no ties and wants a new adventure. She even said she has a sister in California she could live with. Apparently, that wasn't good enough for them. They lost out on a great FA!

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio

17 months ago

avia11 in nyc, New York said: I was there with 2 other former co-workers back in January. 2 of us were cut after the group interview which I wasn't impressed with. Among other things they asked situational questions which there was NEVER a right answer to. They just hammered away at you...I think it was to see if you got flustered or not. The other woman made it to the one-on-one and spent hours there waiting her turn. She is older with experience and a wonderful candidate. She knows she gave the right answers but believes she was tripped up by the HR person (who btw has the final say on hiring!). She was asked repeatedly if she would indeed relocate. She stated emphatically she would love to be based anywhere they out her, including ANC, as she has no ties and wants a new adventure. She even said she has a sister in California she could live with. Apparently, that wasn't good enough for them. They lost out on a great FA!

Sounds real promising :/
Definitely good to know when weighing the decision to fly yourself out or not.

avia11 in nyc, New York

17 months ago

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio said: Sounds real promising :/
Definitely good to know when weighing the decision to fly yourself out or not.

I used precious miles I acquired AND had to spend 2 nights there as there were no late night flights back to the East Coast ASSUMING I made it to the one-on-one. As luck (bad) would have it, I was done by noon, but couldn't cancelthe second night at the hotel without being charged for it.

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio

17 months ago

VicPDX89 said: Anyone get an email from a recruiter?
I applied July 4th, and july 5th I got an email from a recruiter asking me if I was still intrested and a list of questions to fill out and email back.

Nope, nothing. Are you a west coaster?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

VicPDX89

17 months ago

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio said: Nope, nothing. Are you a west coaster?

Yup from Portland!

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio

17 months ago

VicPDX89 said: Yup from Portland!

Could explain it. I honestly don't expect to hear anything from them. Good luck!

Sbpat4 in San Jacinto, California

17 months ago

VicPDX89 said: Anyone get an email from a recruiter?
I applied July 4th, and july 5th I got an email from a recruiter asking me if I was still intrested and a list of questions to fill out and email back.

I applied July 3rd and got email from recruiter today if still interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

VicPDX89

17 months ago

Sbpat4 in San Jacinto, California said: I applied July 3rd and got email from recruiter today if still interested.

This is intresting, I wonder how it will turn out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sbpat4 in San Jacinto, California

17 months ago

VicPDX89 said: This is intresting, I wonder how it will turn out?

Did you hear anything back yet?

VicPDX89

17 months ago

sbpat4 in San Jacinto, California said: Did you hear anything back yet?

I have not heard anything back yet, the email did say it can take a few weeks for someone to reach back via email or phone call.
I aint stressing, meanwhile I have a F2F with AA on July 19th!

Sbpat4 in San Jacinto, California

17 months ago

VicPDX89 said: I have not heard anything back yet, the email did say it can take a few weeks for someone to reach back via email or phone call.
I aint stressing, meanwhile I have a F2F with AA on July 19th!

Awesome! Good luck with AA. My husband is a FA with AA.

VicPDX89

17 months ago

Sbpat4 in San Jacinto, California said: Awesome! Good luck with AA. My husband is a FA with AA.

Thank You.
This is hopefully my Final interview.
I originaly had is set up for June 18th but my flight was 3hrs late and had to change the date, then I got July 15th, but I had to change it once more due to the fact that my current job would fire me on the spot if I missed monday, blah

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Hello Everyone!!!

Feel like celebrating margaritaville...had my telephone interview today and going to the F2F on the 23rd of July!!! That is amazing and I'm counting my blessings!! If anyone has any questions...please by all means ask..would love to help!!!

VicPDX89

17 months ago

Fajacs in Spokane, Washington said: Hello Everyone!!!

Feel like celebrating margaritaville...had my telephone interview today and going to the F2F on the 23rd of July!!! That is amazing and I'm counting my blessings!! If anyone has any questions...please by all means ask..would love to help!!!

Congrats! did you recive an email asking if you were still intrested before you had your phone interview?

17 months ago

VicPDX89 said: Congrats! did you recive an email asking if you were still intrested before you had your phone interview?

Hello Vic..yes I did....along with having to answer some questions.

VicPDX89

17 months ago

Fajacs in Spokane, Washington said: Hello Vic..yes I did....along with having to answer some questions.

Nice, how long after that did you get a phone call? I got that email the next day I applied on July 5th, and nothing yet.

17 months ago

VicPDX89 said: Nice, how long after that did you get a phone call? I got that email the next day I applied on July 5th, and nothing yet.

Good Morning..Vic

Apps closed on Tuesday...I got the e-mail on Wednesday and had the phone portion on Thursday. It seems as if they are moving REALLy quickly...lol.

melisahb in Temecula, California

17 months ago

Fajacs in Spokane, Washington said: Good Morning..Vic

Apps closed on Tuesday...I got the e-mail on Wednesday and had the phone portion on Thursday. It seems as if they are moving REALLy quickly...lol.

Hy ladies...congrats to everyone wjo hot an interviwe :) I am a former flight attendant ,moved to california cause my husband got stationed here,now I wanna continue with my airlime job...searching for openings.. Did u apply on their webside???

17 months ago

Sorry cause of my mistakes...omg just got my nails done hahhaha

17 months ago

VicPDX89 said: Congrats! did you recive an email asking if you were still intrested before you had your phone interview?

hy, congrats for coming that far :) hope it ends positive for u :) Im a former flight attendant moved to california cause of my husbands job, now Im searching for a airline in san diego or lax base..did u apply on their webside? can u still send ur resumes? please if u have informations let me know :) thank you, and best luck :)

17 months ago

Fajacs in Spokane, Washington said: Hello Everyone!!!

Hy,congrats for coming that far.Im a former flight attendant,had to move to california cause of my husbands job,now Im searching for flight attendant jobs with san diego or lax base, do they still accept applications? did u apply on their side? if u have any ingormations please let me know, thank you and best of luck to you :)

17 months ago

Hello Melisahb...

Thanks so much!! I'm happy I made it this far as well. Alaska does have a LAX and a brand new SAN base. Alaska did have the flight attendant position open earlier this month, but it was only open for a couple of days. The only reason I knew that it was open was I checked the website and found out that it had been posted that day. That is one thing with Alaska, you literally have to check the site all of the time as they have very short windows. Thanks and let me know if I can be of any further help.

17 months ago

Fajacs in Spokane, Washington said: Hello Melisahb...

Thanks so much!! I'm happy I made it this far as well. Alaska does have a LAX and a brand new SAN base. Alaska did have the flight attendant position open earlier this month, but it was only open for a couple of days. The only reason I knew that it was open was I checked the website and found out that it had been posted that day. That is one thing with Alaska, you literally have to check the site all of the time as they have very short windows. Thanks and let me know if I can be of any further help.

oh ok... thank u very much for the answer... Good luck and wish u the best in future :)

flyairline in Laguna Niguel, California

17 months ago

Hi Everyone!
Conrats to all of you that are hearing from Alaska!!
I applied to Alaska July 2nd with a referral and I haven't heard anything yet. It looks like many of you that are getting emails are from Northern California. Has anyone that lives here in Southern California received an email yet? Does anyone know if they go by zone and maybe start with Northern California first? Just a thought:)
It has been 2 weeks and I haven't received a TBNT letter so I am hoping they just haven't gotten to me yet, I am still crossing my fingers and trying to practice patience...LOL
Good luck to all!!

17 months ago

flyairline in Laguna Niguel, California said: Hi Everyone!
I applied to Alaska July 2nd with a referral and I haven't heard anything yet. It looks like many of you that are getting emails are from Northern California. Has anyone that lives here in Southern California received an email yet? Does anyone know if they go by zone and maybe start with Northern California first? Just a thought:)
It has been 2 weeks and I haven't received a TBNT letter so I am hoping they just haven't gotten to me yet, I am still crossing my fingers and trying to practice patience...LOL
Good luck to all!!

Hi flyairline...I'm from Washington...so I'm not sure how they are doing it. I do know that with the short window that was open...there were several thousand apps. Patience is a virtue...I'm sure you will hear something soon. Good Luck to you and everyone!!

17 months ago

Fajacs in Spokane, Washington said: Hi flyairline...I'm from Washington...so I'm not sure how they are doing it. I do know that with the short window that was open...there were several thousand apps. Patience is a virtue...I'm sure you will hear something soon. Good Luck to you and everyone!!

Thanks for replying to my post! I was thinking that maybe their hiring event for LA might be at a later date since I haven't heard of anyone hearing anything in the LA area yet and maybe they try to keep you close to where you live for interviewing? However, I would be more than happy to fly to any state for an interview:) I am so happy for you, I am sure you will do great!!

CarolinaClassy in Goose Creek, South Carolina

17 months ago

flyairline in Laguna Niguel, California said: Hi Everyone!

Good luck to all!!

Yep, just hang in there & be patient. My son, who lives in Los Angeles, applied on July 3rd & got his questionnaire email yesterday July 18th. He answered the questions & sent it back last night July 18th and they emailed him this morning to say they would call him at 1pm PST. I guess he's on to the next step because the recruiter told him about the job fair in southern cali on Aug 8th. Although he did advise he could go anywhere but she told him she would get back with him with all the info for Aug 8th. I applied too but I'm a former Alaska emp & now I live on the East Coast working for another airline. I'm not sure if they will call me back. But I'm super excited for my son though! YAAY!

17 months ago

CarolinaClassy in Goose Creek, South Carolina said: Yep, just hang in there & be patient. My son, who lives in Los Angeles, applied on July 3rd & got his questionnaire email yesterday July 18th. He answered the questions & sent it back last night July 18th and they emailed him this morning to say they would call him at 1pm PST. I guess he's on to the next step because the recruiter told him about the job fair in southern cali on Aug 8th. Although he did advise he could go anywhere but she told him she would get back with him with all the info for Aug 8th. I applied too but I'm a former Alaska emp & now I live on the East Coast working for another airline. I'm not sure if they will call me back. But I'm super excited for my son though! YAAY!

Thank you so much for the information and good luck to you and your son! I actually just received a questionnaire email today:)

Dustin James H in Seattle, Washington

17 months ago

I applied on July 3rd and received my questionnaire email 7/18. I then received the phone interview same-day and was asked to go to the group interview on 7/23 in Seattle. I'm very excited for it; but I'm taking it one stride at a time. ;) Good luck to all out there as well! :)

17 months ago

See you there Dustin!! I will be there on Tuesday as well.

Good Luck to us and Everyone!!!

Dustin James H in Seattle, Washington

17 months ago

Fajacs in Spokane, Washington said: See you there Dustin!! I will be there on Tuesday as well.

Good Luck to us and Everyone!!!

Awesome! Good luck to you as well! Post on here as to your experiencs if we don't make the connection there! :)

17 months ago

Dustin James H in Seattle, Washington said: Awesome! Good luck to you as well! Post on here as to your experiencs if we don't make the connection there! :)

Will do...As I think we are the first wave. Hugs and see you on Tuesday..lol

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.