Allegiant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1851 to 1900 of 6082)
Page:  « First « Previous   35  36  37  38  39  40  41  Next »   Last »

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona

48 months ago

bebe1025 in Las Vegas, Nevada said: It was a great day....made it thru the 1st round cuts and then went on to the interviews and testing....keeping my fingers crossed!!!!! How about u????

Hi! I was hoping to meet you Texans today! I am the lady who was the Girl Scout Leader. Did anyone get a drug test yet? Or was that for later? I met some great people today, although no one admited being off these boards. I didn't get done until about 6 p.m. But caught a flight back to AZ shortly after, home now. Best of luck to everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lvhairguy in Las Vegas, Nevada

48 months ago

I was at the OH in Nov :-) Did the say when the next training is?

48 months ago

They have a class starting January 31st.

48 months ago

Awesome, well im wishing everyone good luck on their results :-)

48 months ago

I think they have a smaller class going through right now.

48 months ago

bebe1025 in Las Vegas, Nevada said: It was a great day....made it thru the 1st round cuts and then went on to the interviews and testing....keeping my fingers crossed!!!!! How about u????

Did you get a drug test today or just the computer test?

Missflying in Tempe, Arizona

48 months ago

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona said: Did you get a drug test today or just the computer test?

Is it still just day flying no overnights? I went to an OH 2 years ago and decided it wasn't for me because I wanted the overnights no just day flying. Has it changed or is it still the same?

bebe1025 in Southlake, Texas

48 months ago

Hi luvgoldens.....I do remember hearing someone say they were a girl scout leader...i'm the one that was in the front row in the first part of the morning and I was wearing the obnoxious green sweater and black pants. I was looking for u too. How ironic we didn't ever figure this out. I also checked for the guy who was from DFW
I never found him so I don't think he ever made it.
Hoping I made it thru to training....waiting will be difficult

afraser

48 months ago

Bebe1025 Hey, no I wasn't able to make, somethings came up.. But how did you think you did?

48 months ago

afraser said: Bebe1025 Hey, no I wasn't able to make, somethings came up.. But how did you think you did?

Well I made it thru to the second round of one on one interviews (their were two) and I took the online assessment.....all I can do now is wait and see. I think I did as best as I could do. U should have been there....only 53 ppl showed. They then cut us to 31 and now we all wait and see how many of us made it. Class starts 1/31/11

afraser

48 months ago

Oh ok, so it wasn't a big crowd at all, yea I wish I would of went. But all I can do is just wait until the next open house.

48 months ago

bebe1025 in Southlake, Texas said: Hi luvgoldens.....I do remember hearing someone say they were a girl scout leader...i'm the one that was in the front row in the first part of the morning and I was wearing the obnoxious green sweater and black pants. I was looking for u too. How ironic we didn't ever figure this out. I also checked for the guy who was from DFW
I never found him so I don't think he ever made it.
Hoping I made it thru to training....waiting will be difficult

Were you wearing a black and white printed blouse? Did you go to TJ Maxx during the wait? (Between 11 and 1?)

48 months ago

no that wasn't me.

48 months ago

I was rejected again. I am so sad. I would have LOVED working here! Good luck to the rest of you. Going to go cry now.

spring Mt. in Las Vegas, Nevada

48 months ago

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona said: I was rejected again. I am so sad. I would have LOVED working here! Good luck to the rest of you. Going to go cry now.

I'm sorry to hear that. I really understand how you feel right now.
But your(our) chance is not only once in whole your(our) life!
Let's try again....indeed!
((HUG))((HUG))

One of my friend is a current FA who told me "don't give up! Becoming FA is LUCK and TIMING. NOT your fault!!" She had more than 10 different airlines' interviews then finally got offer.

spanky in Tomisato, Japan

47 months ago

Do not give up! Back when I wanted to be a Flight Attendant the Airlines would hire in the Winter & Spring months. I was 20 when I started to go to interviews. I went to ALL the major Airlines back then. I would go be rejected, sometimes I made it to the final interview,then nothing. But I pressed on and finally it happened!!! And when it occured it was fast!....Keep on with the Airline you interviewed with, but their are others hiring, and others that might start up this spring. Do you belong to "Airline Careers".com? If not I suggest do so. It is a fantastic site, and updated every several days. May I also suggest "Delta Airlines" Fantastic company, Fantastic Airline and hiring!!! See the world,Remember their is a phrase, "The world is my oyster" and you can do just that!!! Best of Luck. and Keep interviewing. When you want something you get it!!! I know, and I am still flying today!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

I was a flight attendant for Aspen Airways/United Express in Denver for years and LOVED it! Then I became a mom and stayed home raising my girls for 20 years. I am 53, but pretty immature for my age, you probably wouldn't guess I was that old. I don't feel old, but maybe I should face the fact I am too old. I know there are women my age still flying but they probably have been there for years. I have heard of older people being hired but I think it's the exception rather than the rule. They probab;ly have to slip one in there every now and then to keep the Diversity officers off their back. I heard that the last time I didn't get hired they did hire all young people. (Allegiant.) I would be interested to know who got picked out of this group. I wish I hadn't wasted all that money on the Vegas trip. (Hotels, cars, etc.) I feel that it was probably the best interview I've done in years, so if my best wasn't good enough, I should stop wasting time and money. It heartbreaking to keep getting rejected.

47 months ago

Recently rejected by Delta as well, I never got a F2F.

Missflying in Glendale, Arizona

47 months ago

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona said: Recently rejected by Delta as well, I never got a F2F.

US Air is hiring for PHX based now as well. I say keep trying, don't give up. I would also try American Eagle the posting isn't up at this time but I would check every day for it. They are hiring a ton of people. Good luck to you!

Ready to Fly in the Sky in Spring Lake, New Jersey

47 months ago

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona said: Recently rejected by Delta as well, I never got a F2F.

luvgoldens in Gilbert---Hi Luvgoldens, don't be sad please. Hold on to your dream of getting back in the air, and keep trying. Like Missflying said, USAir is hiring for PHX, Airtran is hiring, and some regionals, like Colgan, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Republic. So many options. I know you might want a major, and you already did the regional thing, but maybe you can try it again until more majors start hiring. Or if you have time to wait, supposedly, Con/UA, Southwest and American will all be hiring fas by the end of the year. I myself have been trying hard, had a couple offers that didn't work out, and lots of rejections, but I will never give up. I am going to an FA OH soon, and hoping for a positive outcome! As for Delta, been under review since Aug. 24th, with phone interviews done at that time. Might as well be rejected there too, because it is highly unlikely that they will call. I am staying positive, and I hope you do too. Good luck and stay focused!!! :)

ex USAir FA in Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona said: I was a flight attendant for Aspen Airways/United Express in Denver for years and LOVED it! Then I became a mom and stayed home raising my girls for 20 years. I am 53, but pretty immature for my age, you probably wouldn't guess I was that old. I don't feel old, but maybe I should face the fact I am too old. I know there are women my age still flying but they probably have been there for years. I have heard of older people being hired but I think it's the exception rather than the rule. They probab;ly have to slip one in there every now and then to keep the Diversity officers off their back. I heard that the last time I didn't get hired they did hire all young people. (Allegiant.) I would be interested to know who got picked out of this group. I wish I hadn't wasted all that money on the Vegas trip. (Hotels, cars, etc.) I feel that it was probably the best interview I've done in years, so if my best wasn't good enough, I should stop wasting time and money. It heartbreaking to keep getting rejected.

So sorry you didn't make it... I can totally relate to what you are saying. I am actually older than you (56)! I flew for US Airways for 8 years out of PIT, and it was the best job of my life... then 911 happened and bankruptcy for US Air. I would've had to commute to PHL and that just wasn't possible, so I took a leave instead. I would love to fly again especially since my husband is still a pilot. I have been waiting for Allegiant to advertise openings in the Vegas base. I've gotten invited to the last 2 OH but did not go since they weren't for Vegas. I felt so bad after I read your comments, but I won't stop trying, even though I am "old". I've lost out on other jobs too and I'm sure it was my age; but it's their loss, not mine. Please don't give up. Follow your dream. I am. We have so much to offer and someone will see that. Good luck to you!!!

47 months ago

LuvGoldens...this is Bonnie from the Allegiant Air OH....I received my rejection letter also. I am no spring chicken either...I'm 46. I felt the same way u did about the interview. I passed onto the second round...did my computer test (seemed rather odd) and felt that I did the best I have ever done in the f2f portion (both of them). Only to receive the rejection. I too would love to know who made it from our session. If u made friends with any of them let me know I would be curious as to who made it thru to training.
Funny thing was....they told me in my first f2f on Thurs that they liked the idea that I would voluntarily take Tunica(UTA) and even Dan said it would be an almost slam dunk.
Can u believe that?????
I would sure like to have some feedback as to what I did that made them decide I wasn't what they were looking for.
Oh well....I think I will keep looking for a bit before I decide to give up.
Good luck and don't let any Airline job that rejects u get u down. U just never know what their criteria r for that day. Maybe they pull our names out of a hat???LLOL

47 months ago

Hi Bonnie! I only got calls from Dawn, the cute blonde lady in the gray pant suit from Bellingham, and she didn't make it either. I gave my card to lots of people, hopefully they will contact me. I also said I would go anywhere, although I live in AZ so naturally I'd prefer IWA. (Though it would have been great fun to get away for five weeks for training!) I would love to know who and how many they picked.
Ex US Air F/A, does your husband fly for US Air? Mine does and is always telling me I would hate it now. I think he has lost his love of flying, it's jusat his job now. I KNOW I would be a better f/a now than I was when I was a cute 22 year old, I'm 20 years sober, lol, (never hung over,) WAY more compassion and awareness of what people need, and very dependable. But still loads of fun! I really like taking care of everyone, when I was younger it was all about me...
I would hire me, lol. Just wish I could figure out where I might fit in. Or do I look silly at my age, and should get a job at the TSA or something like that.

47 months ago

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona said: Hi Bonnie! I only got calls from Dawn, the cute blonde lady in the gray pant suit from Bellingham, and she didn't make it either. I gave my card to lots of people, hopefully they will contact me. I also said I would go anywhere, although I live in AZ so naturally I'd prefer IWA. (Though it would have been great fun to get away for five weeks for training!) I would love to know who and how many they picked.
Ex US Air F/A, does your husband fly for US Air? Mine does and is always telling me I would hate it now. I think he has lost his love of flying, it's jusat his job now. I KNOW I would be a better f/a now than I was when I was a cute 22 year old, I'm 20 years sober, lol, (never hung over,) WAY more compassion and awareness of what people need, and very dependable. But still loads of fun! I really like taking care of everyone, when I was younger it was all about me...
I would hire me, lol. Just wish I could figure out where I might fit in. Or do I look silly at my age, and should get a job at the TSA or something like that.

Luvgoldens, yes, my husband flies international and domestic for US Air and says the same thing as yours. He can't wait to retire and also says it's just a job now. I left in '02 and things were definitely changing, but I still love to fly. I feel just like you. I know I don't look my age and definitely have the people skills. I've sent resumes out for jobs that I am well-qualified for and never even get a response. What you said about fitting in is so true... Looking for a job as an "older" person is very disheartening, especially in Vegas where there are so many young, pretty girls. Good luck to you and take care!

47 months ago

Colleen....do u mean the blonde girl that was 23 yrs old and cute as a button?....she didn't make it??????? I'm shocked. Well then that proves that it's not all about age. She was the epitomy of "young adorable flight attendant". Jeez what r they looking for????????????????????????

47 months ago

bebe1025 in Southlake, Texas said: Colleen....do u mean the blonde girl that was 23 yrs old and cute as a button?....she didn't make it??????? I'm shocked. Well then that proves that it's not all about age. She was the epitomy of "young adorable flight attendant". Jeez what r they looking for????????????????????????

No, this lady was in her 40's, but the whole package; very warm and personable. I don't remember the one you're talking about. There was one girl with really white blonde hair and dark roots, her hair was longish. She was wearing tight black pants. Didn't you love the people who talked about "Allegiance Airlines?"

hopes2flysoon

47 months ago

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona said: I was a flight attendant for Aspen Airways/United Express in Denver for years and LOVED it! Then I became a mom and stayed home raising my girls for 20 years. I am 53, but pretty immature for my age, you probably wouldn't guess I was that old. I don't feel old, but maybe I should face the fact I am too old. I know there are women my age still flying but they probably have been there for years. I have heard of older people being hired but I think it's the exception rather than the rule. They probab;ly have to slip one in there every now and then to keep the Diversity officers off their back. I heard that the last time I didn't get hired they did hire all young people. (Allegiant.) I would be interested to know who got picked out of this group. I wish I hadn't wasted all that money on the Vegas trip. (Hotels, cars, etc.) I feel that it was probably the best interview I've done in years, so if my best wasn't good enough, I should stop wasting time and money. It heartbreaking to keep getting rejected.

I am 50 plus and got hired by Allegiant last year, so they do hire older people as well as younger ones. Like you I had been a flight attendant in my 20's and then took 20 plus years off to raise my kids. I am proof that it can happen to you to, don't give up!

47 months ago

Ok...well that sounds exactly like the 23yr old from Bellingham.
Anyway, I'm not sure what they want!!!! Everyone I have talked to (about 4 of us) received the "thanks but no thanks" email on Friday.

47 months ago

I have been looking for an email address for the Allegiant Air recriting dept. Every time I send an email it gets rejected and sent back to me. I wanted to thank them for their time and see if anyone would be willing to give me some constructive criticism and feedback. Does anyone have a working Allegiant Air Recuiting Dept email I might have?????

47 months ago

bebe1025 in Southlake, Texas said: I have been looking for an email address for the Allegiant Air recriting dept. Every time I send an email it gets rejected and sent back to me. I wanted to thank them for their time and see if anyone would be willing to give me some constructive criticism and feedback. Does anyone have a working Allegiant Air Recuiting Dept email I might have?????

Not sure if this will work, but the emails I received were from this address... Admin@erec.intersourcing.com. Hope this helps!

47 months ago

Thank you very much....got my fingers crossed that this will make it thru. Again, thank you.

47 months ago

I was wondering too about that PI test? There was one young guy who was taking FOREVER to complete it. Maybe he knew something we didn't?

47 months ago

Help....does anyone have a valid email address for Allegiant???? Every time I try to send an email the recruiting it is sent back undeliverable. HELP LOL

47 months ago

bebe1025 in Southlake, Texas said: Help....does anyone have a valid email address for Allegiant???? Every time I try to send an email the recruiting it is sent back undeliverable. HELP LOL

I would suggest calling headquarters and asking the receptionist if she might be able to get you hooked up with whoevers email your are looking for.:-)

Tyrrell in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

dont feel bad when i applied to Delta in 1995 i got rejected they check your credit just like us airways since they bought america west

Grace in Key West, Florida

47 months ago

Airlines DO check your credit as many employers do these days. My charter airline has a contract with ICE (a government program) and we had to have additional background checks INCLUDING another credit check. If you have bad credit it doesn't mean you won't get hired but it is a part of the selection process by many, many companies.
To LUV GOLDENS...you are a very special lady and I am so surprised you haven't been hired by an airline in the southwest somewhere. THEIR LOSS. Age is not a problem. I'm going on 2 years with my airline and was hired in my 50's and I wasn't even the oldest in my class! We hired again this year and although the majority are fairly young, we also hired a few mature people. There is a balance airlines want on the line when hiring but they do want the colorful, seasoned folks to mix into their very, very green group. The more you interview the better you get at it. Keep smiling and trying every chance you can. Also, Delta was hiring only language qualified so don't feel bad. They filled their english only positions practically before the word was out that they were hiring again. Maybe you should look into corporate flying. There is a lot of it in your area. It isn't cheap to go thru FACTS (factstraining.com) but the money is better than commercial or charter.It's a way to keep proactive with your dream. Keep us posted, you have a following,dear girl!

47 months ago

Thank-you Grace! You wouldn't be with Falcon, by chance? They held interviews here in AZ the same day I flew into Vegas to attend the Allegiant open house. I read they do deportation flights and that just seemed like it would be sad, saying "adios!" to all those people trying to have a better life.
Tyrell, America West bought US Airways. They just kept the US Air name because it was more recognized. I think they would like to give them back, it has been very contentious between the employees, East vs West.
If the airlines hired by your credit report I would have a job already, as the Captain keeps me on a strict budget annd he runs a tight ship, lol!
Do you think Delta quit interviewing non-LOD applicants? I was told I was moving on to the F2F then got the dreaded e-mail.

47 months ago

I think it's all a matter of luck!!!!! Either everyone on the hiring team that day loves everything about u or they don't. My credit is spotless. My previous employers would all hire me back today. It's something in the way they perceive us or the we speak or our hairdo or our clothes or something like that. Maybe for ex airliners like us maybe they think we know toooooooo much. Maybe they want them with their heads in the sand and defenseless. All I know is that I'm a great catch (LOL) and it's their loss.
Another thing u can do to help ease ur own minds as to what is lurking in ur past closets is pay and do an employment verification / background check on yourself. U can do it for as little as 15.00. At least you can see what things may or may not be popping up about you.

Tampa in Saint Petersburg, Florida

47 months ago

Age is not an issue with Allegiant, It is very common to be older and get hired. If your one on one interview was with Dan, he's the picky, picky, picky one in the group who knocks out 90% of the talented people friends inside the system have told me. Others on the panel may have liked you but Dan finds extreame fault with people, answers in the interview process. If you have been to interviews before and keep getting knocked out, review a few things.
Are you dressing for success?
Change up your wording to somthing more fresh during the introdcution part.

47 months ago

Yes, I did interview with Dan. I thought it went great, maybe he didn't? I really like Dan. But why do they have the maintence manager conducting flight attendant interviews? They had plenty of other people on hand.
Bebe, where do you look up your employment history? I would LOVE to see that! Especially to check all my dates. I am very honest, but am not always exactly sure on the dates of previous employment. I hear if your dates don't all match up, your application is tossed out.

47 months ago

Yea that is weird about Dan. I never understood why he was there either. hmmmmm
I didn't interview with him tho but did speak with him serveral times one on one while waiting to go into my f2f interviews.
Anyway, about the "employment verification" on yourself. It cost money it's not free. You can type into your browers....employment verification and credit checks
and will will pull up a host of choices. I paid 14.95 and got the better than average employment verification. It takes two days to get it back. I will let u know how that pans out. I didn't pay to get my credit or background check as I have had clearances before and know that my criminal and credit history are pristine.
One would think that our employment history is ok too....but in this day and age I guess we need to keep and eye on that as well.
I am still applying for FA jobs. I'm not ready to give up.
Stay in touch

47 months ago

$15 is a bargain, if you find out what's keeping you from being hired. Can't imagine, but have had a lot of short term jobs lately. Who knows what could be falsely on there?

47 months ago

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona said: I was rejected again. I am so sad. I would have LOVED working here! Good luck to the rest of you. Going to go

when you go to the interview you have to wear something close to thier uniform most airlines want to see how u would look in their uniform and always remember that when you stand up before people that they are looking at you as if you were on the airplane making your annoucements.

47 months ago

skybunny14 in Clearfield, Utah said: Hey my name is Tara. If you don't mind calling me I would like to talk to you because it sounds like you know what training is going to be like. Email me at luckyhorseshoe07@hotmail.com and I will give you my number or you can give me yours so I can call you. If you wouldn't mind taking the time out. Thank you so much for the advice! It was very much needed to give me a little bit more motivation to really know this stuff inside and out.

hello tyra how are u doing.i hope it was helpful all i can say is the study packet they give you study that really good and when the instructors tell you to write stuff down write it down word for word and study your fam and u cant go wrong

47 months ago

puddin in Kansas City, Missouri said: Good morning - Could someone let me know if Allegiant pays a per diem and, if so, what is the amount? Also, will Allegiant be having any flights with layovers? Thanks in advance for any info!

yes they pay per diem of 1.oo and no they dont have any layovers you are home every night. that is what most want overnights and 4day trips where u are gone for 4days and come back on the last day. that would be cool. but the good news they have a union now twu

JimT in Tucson, Arizona

47 months ago

Are most airlines mostly hiring people with second language skills? What about you folks already working for Allegiant? Do most of you speech a second language? I only speak English so I want to know if I will be wasting my time applying for the flight attendant position. Thanks!!

danib in Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

Hey All! Was anybody just interviewed in (Jan 2011) for FA @ Allegiant??

47 months ago

bebe1025 in Southlake, Texas said: Yea that is weird about Dan. I never understood why he was there either. hmmmmm
I didn't interview with him tho but did speak with him serveral times one on one while waiting to go into my f2f interviews.
Anyway, about the "employment verification" on yourself. It cost money it's not free. You can type into your browers....employment verification and credit checks
and will will pull up a host of choices. I paid 14.95 and got the better than average employment verification. It takes two days to get it back. I will let u know how that pans out. I didn't pay to get my credit or background check as I have had clearances before and know that my criminal and credit history are pristine.
One would think that our employment history is ok too....but in this day and age I guess we need to keep and eye on that as well.
I am still applying for FA jobs. I'm not ready to give up.
Stay in touch

Dan is part of the recuritment team he is a cool guy. the whole team is cool, one important thing when going to the open houses for any airline you have to pay attention to what people are saying and how they get up infront of the group. many airlines look at your posture, speaking clearly, and if they can hear you in the back of the room. also they look at your attire, and to see how polished you are due to you will be representing that company. facial expression is very important even when you are sitting listing to others and waiting your turn to get up infront of the group and following directions as well.

47 months ago

JimT in Tucson, Arizona said: Are most airlines mostly hiring people with second language skills? What about you folks already working for Allegiant? Do most of you speech a second language? I only speak English so I want to know if I will be wasting my time applying for the flight attendant position. Thanks!!

no some want you to speak another language, but not a peferrence when you got to pull up the job discription it will state the qualifications in there and just take it from there

47 months ago

Tampa in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: Age is not an issue with Allegiant, It is very common to be older and get hired. If your one on one interview was with Dan, he's the picky, picky, picky one in the group who knocks out 90% of the talented people friends inside the system have told me. Others on the panel may have liked you but Dan finds extreame fault with people, answers in the interview process. If you have been to interviews before and keep getting knocked out, review a few things.
Are you dressing for success?
Change up your wording to somthing more fresh during the introdcution part.

what i learned in going on several interviews with airlines is not to say i like to travel and i like people. the panel hears that all day. and you have to be different and stand out and make them think about you and why they should hire you. you have to sell yourself and dont say any negative things.

Page:  « First « Previous   35  36  37  38  39  40  41  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.