Allegiant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 5341)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: RJ your kindness is exceeded only by your good looks......

Peter,
You make me blush.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Fairport, New York

77 months ago

Peter what is the news with you and Allegiant. We have two guys in our JB'u training class from Allegiant.
PS. I've relocated to St. Augustine and had only two days to enjoy it before I went to training, my wife loves it there.

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida

77 months ago

Steve in Fairport, New York said: Peter what is the news with you and Allegiant. We have two guys in our JB'u training class from Allegiant.
PS. I've relocated to St. Augustine and had only two days to enjoy it before I went to training, my wife loves it there.

I am still waiting for a confirmed training date, I am hopeful it will be early April. Glad to see two Allegiant FA in your group that makes two more spots Allegiant needs to fill. Best of luck with JB. I guess you will be commuting to JAX

Peter

pinkflight in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

Steve in Fairport, New York said: Peter what is the news with you and Allegiant. We have two guys in our JB'u training class from Allegiant.

steve can you email me at pinkflight29@gmail.com

77 months ago

Well had another call from Ms. Walsh asking if I was interested and said yes again, seems a class is starting on the 19 which I am not a part of so looks like I will be waiting another four weeks or so.

Good luck to anyone going to training hope they still have spots left if and when they call me.

have a great night.

Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gwash in Fabulous, New Jersey

77 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Well had another call from Ms. Walsh asking if I was interested and said yes again, seems a class is starting on the 19 which I am not a part of so looks like I will be waiting another four weeks or so.

Good luck to anyone going to training hope they still have spots left if and when they call me.

have a great night.

Peter

Hey Pete, Good news will come your way when you least expect it. Patience is needed in this industry from interviews until the day you leave it. Hoping all the best for you.

G

77 months ago

HI Steve, would you aks the two people from Al;legiant if the have any friends in recruiting to see where I stand and what the actual process is to get a training date.

my email: ltpbk@yahoo.com

received a third call asking if i was interested but no training date.....a new class starts next week.

Have a great day and hope JB is treating you well.

Peter

77 months ago

Gwash in Fabulous, New Jersey said: Hey Pete, Good news will come your way when you least expect it. Patience is needed in this industry from interviews until the day you leave it. Hoping all the best for you.

G

Patience I have it's my "biological clock" I am concerned with.

Hope all is well G.

Peter

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

Peter, Have you thought about asking her if she can fit you in stand-by in case someone cancels at the last minute?

David in Renton, Washington

76 months ago

Im going to the March 19th training class to be based in Bellingham WA anyone else going or who can inform me of what to expect,im a flight attendant for Skywest and it seems we had test every day ,Allegiant said we wouldnt be tested till later on the following week.

Thanks David

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia said: Peter, Have you thought about asking her if she can fit you in stand-by in case someone cancels at the last minute?

Hi RJ, didn't known such a thing existed....I was in NY when she called and arrived home 0100 Thursday....when I woke up a message was on my cell to call her again which I did....the problem is I don't know if it was a new message or one from yesterday (Wed.) when I was in NY....the one who must be obeyed called me Wed. evening to tell me to call Vegas. I was led to believe that the classes are base specific so I may have to wait as Orlando is staffed.

Hope all is well and good luck next week, please keep me posted when you get a chance.

Peter

76 months ago

David in Renton, Washington said: Im going to the March 19th training class to be based in Bellingham WA anyone else going or who can inform me of what to expect,im a flight attendant for Skywest and it seems we had test every day ,Allegiant said we wouldnt be tested till later on the following week.

Thanks David

David,

Would you give me some info as to how, when and how many "are you still interested" phone calls you received. Good luck.

Peter

76 months ago

HS in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi
I was just at the training center yesterday and the in-flight instructor told me the next class will begin on March 19th.
I am not sure what the base coordinators office phone number is in Sanford....if you have questions about the next class you should prob call Pauline Stark or the inflight recruiter to ask questions....There is really no management at Sanford-Orlando right now...both Base
coordinators are helping out in other places...one is helping with training and the other is in Tunica at the new base.
I hope this helps
HS

Hi HS,

You certainly had solid information, 3/19 was for Wash., looks like I will just sit and wait for a SFB/FLL class.

Have a great day and Happy Easter.

Peter

WeighingMyOptions in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Hi Peter,

Do you know if Allegiant has interline non-rev agreements with other airlines?

Thanks!

76 months ago

No, I do know what agrements Allegiant has with other carriers. Are you in the "pool" and if so for what base?

Peter

76 months ago

Hi Peter,
I haven't applied yet. I interviewed with American Eagle and got a conditional offer. I kind of put it on hold pending more discussion with my hubby, and the interviewer was amazingly gracious about it and said just let them know when I was ready. I think there's enough turnover at Eagle that there are classes going throughout the year. (Although I'm reluctant to push it out too far.) I would like to either stay in Dallas or move to the Pacific Northwest (hence my interest in Allegiant). Eagle isn't really assigning people to Dallas right now, although apparently a few people have been able to bid back in during training. (I wouldn't mind a couple of months somewhere else; the hubby feels otherwise.) The attraction of Eagle: Dallas + flight benefits. Allegiant: Pacific NW + be home at night, but flight benefits are questionable. Interestingly, Allegiant flies to a lot of the places I would like to go, but the routes you'd have to use to do it are unbelievably circuitous. That said, Allegiant has a really interesting business model, and I think they could be much more impervious to the coming recession than the bigger, more traditional airlines will be. For one thing, because they are entirely focused on vacation travelers. The reason why airlines hurt so bad during recessions is because the first thing companies do is kill all corporate travel. And business travel is the largest (passenger) revenue source for most airlines. (I think airlines may actually make a hefty portion of their profit off air cargo.) Anyway, please continue to keep us posted on your Allegiant adventure. It could really be a good 'ground floor' opportunity for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

WeighingMyOptions in Dallas, Texas said: Hi Peter,
I haven't applied yet. I interviewed with American Eagle and got a conditional offer. I kind of put it on hold pending more discussion with my hubby, and the interviewer was amazingly gracious about it and said just let them know when I was ready. I think there's enough turnover at Eagle that there are classes going throughout the year. (Although I'm reluctant to push it out too far.) I would like to either stay in Dallas or move to the Pacific Northwest (hence my interest in Allegiant). Eagle isn't really assigning people to Dallas right now, although apparently a few people have been able to bid back in during training. (I wouldn't mind a couple of months somewhere else; the hubby feels otherwise.) The attraction of Eagle: Dallas + flight benefits. Allegiant: Pacific NW + be home at night, but flight benefits are questionable. Interestingly, Allegiant flies to a lot of the places I would like to go, but the routes you'd have to use to do it are unbelievably circuitous. That said, Allegiant has a really interesting business model, and I think they could be much more impervious to the coming recession than the bigger, more traditional airlines will be. For one thing, because they are entirely focused on vacation travelers. The reason why airlines hurt so bad during recessions is because the first thing companies do is kill all corporate travel. And business travel is the largest (passenger) revenue source for most airlines. (I think airlines may actually make a hefty portion of their profit off air cargo.) Anyway, please continue to keep us posted on your Allegiant adventure. It could really be a good 'ground floor' opportunity for you.

Can't get much more NW than Billingham Wash. For me I just hope they call before I go "under"ground, tick, tick tick. :). Have a great day and good luck with your choice.

Peter

76 months ago

LOL. They'll call. Don't worry.

David in Las Vegas, Nevada

76 months ago

Well training for Allegiant started this past wed. There was 37 in are class but now were down to 36 i guess a background check did not clear. 11 are for Bellingham, 1 for ft lauderdale, 8 for Stanford, 6 for Tunica,6 for Phoenix-Mesa,were off this weekend,i havent heard of a upcoming training class but if i find out ill let you all know

David

76 months ago

David in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Well training for Allegiant started this past wed. There was 37 in are class but now were down to 36 i guess a background check did not clear. 11 are for Bellingham, 1 for ft lauderdale, 8 for Stanford, 6 for Tunica,6 for Phoenix-Mesa,were off this weekend,i havent heard of a upcoming training class but if i find out ill let you all know

David

Thanks for the info and I wish you luck with training. Have a great day and post any info you can when time allows.

Peter

Beth in Merrillville, Indiana

76 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Hello,

Anyone on here going to the open house in FLL on the 19th?

Peter

I am planning on going however I'd like to know if there is an open house scheduled in Tunica soon.

cheryl

76 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: No, I do know what agrements Allegiant has with other carriers. Are you in the "pool" and if so for what base?

Peter

does anyone know how many days off a month you get when you are on reserve?

HS in Sedona, Arizona

76 months ago

cheryl said: does anyone know how many days off a month you get when you are on reserve?

Hi...
I will answer some questions for you all...
First: Allegiant has many jump seat agreements and pass travel agreements...we have jump seat agreements with southwest, jet blue,frontier, gulf stream among others. We have pass travel agreements with america west/Us airways, mesa, virgin atlantic among others.
Second: Reserves get a minimum of 10 days off a month and the min guarantee is 75 hours.
Allegiant is a growing company...our biggest problem now is lack of aircraft...Allegiant is part of the flying team for march madness basketball and they have actually had to turn down alot of flying becasue of our lack of aircraft...they are supposedly searching for some more planes to buy (since they do not lease their aircraft)
I hope this answers some of your questions...
I hope to see you soon David as I will be a guest speaker in your training class soon.
HS

76 months ago

HS in Sedona, Arizona said: Hi...
I will answer some questions for you all...
First: Allegiant has many jump seat agreements and pass travel agreements...we have jump seat agreements with southwest, jet blue,frontier, gulf stream among others. We have pass travel agreements with america west/Us airways, mesa, virgin atlantic among others.
Second: Reserves get a minimum of 10 days off a month and the min guarantee is 75 hours.
Allegiant is a growing company...our biggest problem now is lack of aircraft...Allegiant is part of the flying team for march madness basketball and they have actually had to turn down alot of flying becasue of our lack of aircraft...they are supposedly searching for some more planes to buy (since they do not lease their aircraft)
I hope this answers some of your questions...
I hope to see you soon David as I will be a guest speaker in your training class soon.
HS

HS Hope all is well..........I missed the March class and wondering since your previous info was right on do you have any info on when the next class may be?

Have a great day, Peter

76 months ago

Hello out their, anyone with the company or in training have any rumor on a next possible training date?

76 months ago

Hi Peter,

I don't know anything about the next class, but I'm really feeling for you. You've had no communication from Allegiant since they made you the conditional offer? I feel like you've fallen through the cracks and you may have to be a little bit of a pest to get the attention of a live person.

Have you given any more thought to American Eagle? Commuting from Dallas to Orlando might not be too bad until you were able to bid into Miami.

Anyway, I'm sending vibes your way.

76 months ago

Hi,

I am going to put my eggs in the Allegiant basket, this class now in training is only about a 1.5 weeks old so I hope to hear from Vegas in 10 days which would be the 1/2 way point or so unless HS gets some info for a post.

How about you what's going on?

Have a great night.

Peter

76 months ago

Thanks for asking.

I'm kind of on hold right now. Got the conditional offer from Eagle but haven't moved forward on it. My husband's not real thrilled at the prospect of me being gone so much. So I'm weighing how much I want this. But, I keep hanging around here on the forum, which tells me that something in me wants to be a flight attendant. I do think the quality of life with Allegiant and the trips all being turnarounds could really be preferable to being away for days on end. But it's expensive to relocate and we have a LOT of stuff (and 4 kitties)! I guess I'm waiting for something to happen or some new piece of information to come up that will tip me one way or the other.

Anyway, keep us posted on what happens with you.

Delaine in Las Vegas, Nevada

76 months ago

i am in the current training class and i believe the next training class will not be until the fall....they said we are the last class for a while

76 months ago

Delaine in Las Vegas, Nevada said: i am in the current training class and i believe the next training class will not be until the fall....they said we are the last class for a while

You could have lied a little......., :(

Thanks and have a great day, if you hear anything else please post it as this is not the most active forum, any info is better than nothing.

Peter

76 months ago

O well I called Vegas and was informed that the current training class will be it for a while.........I am still in the "pool" and will just have to wait until training picks up again.

Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you......I am not embarrassed to say this one hurt a little.

Best wishes and best of luck to all in training and hope things pick up as soon as possible.

Have a great day everybody.

Peter

malti in Travels = Vermont

76 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: O well I called Vegas and was informed that the current training class will be it for a while.........I am still in the "pool" and will just have to wait until training picks up again.

Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you......I am not embarrassed to say this one hurt a little.

Best wishes and best of luck to all in training and hope things pick up as soon as possible.

Have a great day everybody.

Peter

Peter... can you go back to the airline that you were in training with.
I remember you said they would welcome you back.

76 months ago

Just wondering with the demise of Aloha, ATA and now Skybus anyone have any idea if Allegiant might benefit from these failures?

76 months ago

malti in Travels = Vermont said: Peter... can you go back to the airline that you were in training with.
I remember you said they would welcome you back.

Hi Malti,

Been a while and hope all is well. I really want to stay in the State of Florida and hope Allegiant will open things up. ASA was very kind and considerate when I left for a shot at the March class but I just did not care for the Atlanta area. I would be much more comfortable near my family.

Have a great day, Peter

76 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Just wondering with the demise of Aloha, ATA and now Skybus anyone have any idea if Allegiant might benefit from these failures?

Hi Peter,

This is a good sign:

AP
Allegiant's March Traffic Rises 36.6 Pct
Thursday April 3, 2:31 pm ET
Allegiant Travel Co.'s Traffic Rises 36.6 Percent in March and 41.8 Percent in First Quarter

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Leisure travel carrier Allegiant Travel Co. said Thursday systemwide traffic rose 36.6 percent in March.
Allegiant posted traffic of 427.7 million revenue passenger miles, up from 313.1 million a year earlier. A revenue passenger mile is an industry unit measuring one paying passenger flown one mile.

System capacity rose 32.7 percent to 492.6 million available seat miles from 371.3 million in March 2007. An available seat mile is an industry unit that factors in the number of seats available and the number of miles flown.

Occupancy increased to 86.8 percent from 84.3 percent.

For the first quarter, traffic rose 41.8 percent to 1.06 billion revenue passenger miles.

Capacity rose 36.2 percent to 1.27 billion available seat miles from 932.5 million. Occupancy during the first three months of the year rose 3.3 percentage points to 83.6 percent from 80.3 percent.

Allegiant offers services from small cities to destinations such as Las Vegas and Orlando, Fla. It sells air travel on a stand-alone basis or bundled with hotel rooms, rental cars and other travel-related services.

Allegiant shares rose 98 cents, or 3.7 percent, to $27.84 in afternoon trading.

JanetPlanet

76 months ago

Aloha's folding is questionable to me. They were in business for 60 years and now blame high fuel for their demise? If you're in business for 60 years, you should have some fluff to help you through the turbulent times.

Mesa's GO! was cutting prices like crazy to price war Aloha out but a 60 year old company should be able to stand on their record of reputation and reliability, something GO! did not have. GO!s recent record was awful (pilots falling asleep and missing the islands LOL).

It seems someone didn't want to run a business any longer and decided selling landing rights to other carriers would pad their pockets quicker than continue running the business.

JanetPlanet

76 months ago

Aloha will have no impact on Allegiant since they have no Hawaii routes.

ATA (owned by the same Holding company owning World and North American Airlines) did Hawaii flights for SWA and charter for DOD. The good crews will probably be taken by World or NAA. DOD charter is slowing down, so Champion is also out, another DOD Charter.

Skybus is the only one with something Allegiant will take: The Greensboro flights. Allegiant was in Greensboro but backed out because Allegiant is not into competition, they figured they'd go back when Skybus left and now they've left ...

Allegiant is unique and smart. The only problem with Allegiant is some of the FAs who believe a union is necessary when it most certainly is not. The company wanted to change to a cut in pay plus commission, one FA wrote a petition, had it signed in 3 days, presented it to the CEO and he responded in about one week with full pay plus commission. A union would not act so fast plus they would charge you dues and ignore your complaints, I've been there, done that.

Peter, I cannot believe you didn't get the invite to the latest class, as I'm sure you're feeling as well!!! Allegiant does not have to hire all that often, people seem to stay BUT these union diehards may leave when the union is voted down again, so hang in there!! See if there is some ground job at SFB just to get in, I know something is open there. Good LUCK!!!

76 months ago

JanetPlanet said: Aloha will have no impact on Allegiant since they have no Hawaii routes.

ATA (owned by the same Holding company owning World and North American Airlines) did Hawaii flights for SWA and charter for DOD. The good crews will probably be taken by World or NAA. DOD charter is slowing down, so Champion is also out, another DOD Charter.

Skybus is the only one with something Allegiant will take: The Greensboro flights. Allegiant was in Greensboro but backed out because Allegiant is not into competition, they figured they'd go back when Skybus left and now they've left ...

Allegiant is unique and smart. The only problem with Allegiant is some of the FAs who believe a union is necessary when it most certainly is not. The company wanted to change to a cut in pay plus commission, one FA wrote a petition, had it signed in 3 days, presented it to the CEO and he responded in about one week with full pay plus commission. A union would not act so fast plus they would charge you dues and ignore your complaints, I've been there, done that.

Peter, I cannot believe you didn't get the invite to the latest class, as I'm sure you're feeling as well!!! Allegiant does not have to hire all that often, people seem to stay BUT these union diehards may leave when the union is voted down again, so hang in there!! See if there is some ground job at SFB just to get in, I know something is open there. Good LUCK!!!

Nice to hear fom you. Maybe Allegiant could by some of those AirBus' from Skybus, would be nice to update the MD 80 series and hope a need for new FA's.

Have a great day.

JanetPlanet in Las Vegas, Nevada

76 months ago

Skybus didn't own their planes, they leased them from Virgin and they're going back or have already gone back.

The MD is a much better plane as far as lasting for years, the AirBus is not made to last, it's just a cheap up front cost and falls apart in a few years. The recent problem with the wiring on the MD series was on the earlier models, Allegiant owns the later models ... key word OWNS, not leased, so Allegiant is safe and very sound.

Anything and everything must have a downturn, we cannot rise continually, everything comes and goes ... except us humans, we grow continually and look what happens to us LOL we die!! So, this up and down of industry is normal, just look back through history, it's all up and down ... we'll make it, don't worry LOL be HAPPY!!

Peter, this was not to you specifically, just to anyone and everyone, it's all good. Keep in touch with Allegiant, they honestly are a respectful, kind, and considerate company ... just some FAs are so from the "old school" where they had to have a union take "care" of them, it's just sad. They even formed a Flight Attendant Committee, good thing, but all they did was meet and listen to the company ideas, no rebuttal from them and no contact with the rest of us, they were pathetic!! Then this ONE GUY writes the petition and has it signed and delivered and the CEO acts on it ... Committee 0, Individual 1 BIG WIN!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

JanetPlanet in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Skybus didn't own their planes, they leased them from Virgin and they're going back or have already gone back.

The MD is a much better plane as far as lasting for years, the AirBus is not made to last, it's just a cheap up front cost and falls apart in a few years. The recent problem with the wiring on the MD series was on the earlier models, Allegiant owns the later models ... key word OWNS, not leased, so Allegiant is safe and very sound.

Anything and everything must have a downturn, we cannot rise continually, everything comes and goes ... except us humans, we grow continually and look what happens to us LOL we die!! So, this up and down of industry is normal, just look back through history, it's all up and down ... we'll make it, don't worry LOL be HAPPY!!

Peter, this was not to you specifically, just to anyone and everyone, it's all good. Keep in touch with Allegiant, they honestly are a respectful, kind, and considerate company ... just some FAs are so from the "old school" where they had to have a union take "care" of them, it's just sad. They even formed a Flight Attendant Committee, good thing, but all they did was meet and listen to the company ideas, no rebuttal from them and no contact with the rest of us, they were pathetic!! Then this ONE GUY writes the petition and has it signed and delivered and the CEO acts on it ... Committee 0, Individual 1 BIG WIN!!!

Allegiant has treated me well and honestly as I respect that and am thankful for it. Any time I returned a call to Vegas or called on my own I always had a response.

I didn't think I said anything to ruffle feathers especially when there are only 3-4 people who post so I don't take anything "personal" if it is to be then it will. Someone else noted the number of aircraft and I was just spit balling when I mentioned Allegiant could pick up some aircraft thus the need for FA's.

Have a great day chat soon.

Peter

Alexnthesky in Nashville, Tennessee

76 months ago

How did everyone apply ? Email, print the application and fax or mail? How long for a responce?

Gwash in Fabulous, New Jersey

76 months ago

Hi Pete,

I noted that Allegiant is still posting jobs for various locations MCO still being one of them. So its just a matter of time. :)

Jeff in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

Hello, Has anyone heard when the next open interview session will be, and where???? Thanks.....

75 months ago

It was mentioned in an earlier post that the next training session would be in the Fall, so the interview sessions will be coming by summer most likely.

The class that just graduated apparently lost 1/3, so they may be thinking of holding a class sooner, I'm sure they did not expect to lose so many. I don't think the guy posting made it through class, no idea about the girl posting here.

Peter, are you still interested? Hope so!

75 months ago

JanetPlanet in Las Vegas, Nevada said: It was mentioned in an earlier post that the next training session would be in the Fall, so the interview sessions will be coming by summer most likely.

The class that just graduated apparently lost 1/3, so they may be thinking of holding a class sooner, I'm sure they did not expect to lose so many. I don't think the guy posting made it through class, no idea about the girl posting here.

Peter, are you still interested? Hope so!

Hi,

Thanls for the update and yes I am very interested and hope something comes along soon.

Have a great day and good luck.

Peter

Delaine in Las Vegas, Nevada

75 months ago

Hi! I just graduated in the last class. We had 37 ppl our first day and ended up with 31 graduating! Leaving Vegas today heading hope!

75 months ago

Delaine in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi! I just graduated in the last class. We had 37 ppl our first day and ended up with 31 graduating! Leaving Vegas today heading hope!

Congratulations and good luck, where are you based?.......any new rumors?

75 months ago

Thanks for posting, Delaine! It's great to know my info was incomplete/wrong about 1/3 dropping out of class! The people who stayed a few days longer in LV were not entered yet, that's why it looked as if only 2/3 of the original 37 graduated LOL! That would have been drastic! Congrats to you and your class! Keep in touch!

Delaine in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

75 months ago

thanks, looking forward to beginning my career with allegiant, i am so excited!

Delaine in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

75 months ago

I am going to be in tunica,ms.
Only thing i know at this time no plans for another class until the fall. Someone in my class asked the question after this class would they be fully staffed and the answer was yes, so it could change but as of now dont think they are going to be having another class for a bit

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.