Allegiant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3851 to 3900 of 5193)
Page:  « First « Previous   75  76  77  78  79  80  81  Next »   Last »

sld74 in tampa, Florida

9 months ago

To commute is too hard with this airline. We don't do overnights for the most part we are a turn around service. You can commute but its nearly impossible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy in Knoxville

9 months ago

Is Clearwater the ONLY base that Allegiant is hiring for? Thanks for any (and all) information. btw, what could one expect to REASONABLY earn with Allegiant?

sld74 in tampa, Florida

9 months ago

All Florida bases
FLL, SFB and PIE
I know they are hiring 12 I believe for PIE
You are guarnteed 75hrs a month most lines are about 110hrs
The first year is the worst then year 2 is a huge jump.

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan

9 months ago

sld74 in tampa, Florida said: To commute is too hard with this airline. We don't do overnights for the most part we are a turn around service. You can commute but its nearly impossible.

Thanks for the information. Guess it's probably best I pass on this one.

sandkeypark in Wheaton, Illinois

9 months ago

wow they are only hiring 12 people. I assume they get a lot of applications. Sounds like the odds are stacked against you from the start. What are they mostly looking for in a candidate?

SandFlysBy in Knoxville

9 months ago

sld74 in tampa, Florida said: All Florida bases
FLL, SFB and PIE

I'm assuming that SFB is Sanford (?), but where is PIE? And I assume that you don't get a LINE right out of trainig, but you are guaranteed 75 hrs. Is that at $20/hr. starting?

Thanks!

Thanks!

SandFlysBy in Knoxville

9 months ago

SandFlysBy in Knoxville said: I'm assuming that SFB is Sanford (?), but where is PIE? And I assume that you don't get a LINE right out of trainig, but you are guaranteed 75 hrs. Is that at $20/hr. starting?

Thanks!

Thanks!

I looked it up. PIE is Clearwater.

SandFlysBy in Knoxville

9 months ago

Am I correct in that the starting hourly pay is $20.?

SharonLee Brach in Florida

9 months ago

SandFlysBy in Knoxville said: Am I correct in that the starting hourly pay is $20.?

Yes.

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio

9 months ago

Hello all,

I am also seeking to be a FA, and just applied this afternoon.
Can anyone tell me what their process is, and how and what the interviews are like?
What is also training like?
Thank you
Dawn

Ronnieeeeeee in Atlanta, Georgia

9 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: Hello all,

Can anyone tell me what their process is, and how and what the interviews are like?
Thank you
Dawn

Hey you!!!! We're following each other everywhere! Lol... I'm actually applying tomorrow, I hope it's not too late.

9 months ago

Ronnieeeeeee in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey you!!!! We're following each other everywhere! Lol... I'm actually applying tomorrow, I hope it's not too late.

Hey LOLOL hahahah good luck too both of us
This journey not easy but it is well worth it when we get to our destination LOL

9 months ago

Ronnieeeeeee in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey you!!!! We're following each other everywhere! Lol... I'm actually applying tomorrow, I hope it's not too late.

Also how are you doing???

SandFlysBy in Knoxville

9 months ago

SharonLee Brach in Florida said: Yes.

So how much can you expect to make just starting out? Reserve guarantee only?

eeevee in Independence, Missouri

9 months ago

I will be applying for this job ASAP! I used to fly for UAL Mainline and miss the skies so much! :)

fsumom in gainsville, Florida

9 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: Hello all,

Thank you
Dawn

really nice people!! training is rough. 15 graduated of 36 in my class.
They are one of the few that has such a long training. 6 weeks. Delta is 8 weeks. But I can understand delta has several types of planes and flies the world. Prepare to not sleep! when you fly over vegas to go to training you will say hi and bye to the lights!

9 months ago

fsumom in gainsville, Florida said: really nice people!! training is rough. 15 graduated of 36 in my class.
They are one of the few that has such a long training. 6 weeks. Delta is 8 weeks. But I can understand delta has several types of planes and flies the world. Prepare to not sleep! when you fly over vegas to go to training you will say hi and bye to the lights!

Wow, and how are the instructors nice or mean LOL, another place in the forums they said their instructors are not very nice forget where tho lol
Are you a FA with them if so How long, and how are you enjoying it?
Thanks

9 months ago

my instructors were super awesome. But I think my class got lucky as I did hear the same thing as you did. the great thing is class is 8 to 5. take lots of note paper..pens and pencils....as you get NO and i mean NO hand outs. You will have to rely on your memory and your notes. Dont get into clicks and say nothing negative in front of anyone....not even your room mate. The hotel people, shuttle driver etc is reporting! dont over pack!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

fsumom in gainsville, Florida said: my instructors were super awesome. But I think my class got lucky as I did hear the same thing as you did. the great thing is class is 8 to 5. take lots of note paper..pens and pencils....as you get NO and i mean NO hand outs. You will have to rely on your memory and your notes. Dont get into clicks and say nothing negative in front of anyone....not even your room mate. The hotel people, shuttle driver etc is reporting! dont over pack!

Thanks and wow roommate reports too geesh LOL

9 months ago

i can try to answer your questions the best i can . where will you be based? are you pt or full time?

9 months ago

fsumom in gainsville, Florida said: i can try to answer your questions the best i can . where will you be based? are you pt or full time?

I just applied for full time, not sure the base yet :)
Just curious what is up ahed the process, training :)
Thanks

9 months ago

Just finished application online, excited! I am recently married, looks like I will def be needing to get a new updated passport as soon as possible!

9 months ago

eeevee in Independence, Missouri said: Just finished application online, excited! I am recently married, looks like I will def be needing to get a new updated passport as soon as possible!

Hii EEEVEE love your name, glad you are here. I just got updated Passport in May.
I also recently applied here too and VA as well :)Good luck

9 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: Hii EEEVEE love your name, glad you are here. I just got updated Passport in May.
I also recently applied here too and VA as well :)Good luck

Lol thanks!!! I applied at several different airlines as well, but from what I am reading, Allegiant seems almost too good to be true! Very excited to hear something back. :)

9 months ago

eeevee in Independence, Missouri said: Lol thanks!!! I applied at several different airlines as well, but from what I am reading, Allegiant seems almost too good to be true! Very excited to hear something back. :)

Me too, I did several Airlines too. I love that we can support one another on here and learn from each others experiences.:)

9 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: Me too, I did several Airlines too. I love that we can support one another on here and learn from each others experiences.:)

Exactly! EEEEEE soooo excited!!!!! :):)

Silversun in Las Vegas, Nevada

9 months ago

On the website it lists all FL bases. Are you hired for a specific base or is the base awarded at training? Also any idea if any part time f/a will be hired? The current posting is for f/t. I am also wondering how the announced displacement of HI f/a will affect the current hiring.

sand2769 in New Castle, Colorado

9 months ago

Has anyone who submitted their application recently heard anything from Allegiant?

9 months ago

I'm curious to find out when and where the interviews may take place, as I'm sure all the rest of you waiting are too! Let's hope we hear something soon!

PG in New Hope, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

sld74 in tampa, Florida said: All Florida bases
FLL, SFB and PIE

Hi
Ive applied online, awaiting a response. I have years of previous experience with a major U.S. carrier plus private airlines
I live within 10 min of PIE. Im ready to go!

PG in New Hope, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

(oh...I LIVE very very near PIE, visiting family in Pa this week.)

Sapphire21 in Ohio

9 months ago

Hey all, just filled out an assesment tonight after getting email. I am grateful, and hope it goes well.

Hope everyone is good and moving forward :)

ExcitedATL in Atlanta, Georgia

9 months ago

Sapphire21 in Ohio said: Hey all, just filled out an assesment tonight after getting email. I am grateful, and hope it goes well.

Hope everyone is good and moving forward :)

Same here!! I hope I answered correctly!!! Good luck!!

Sapphire21 in Ohio

9 months ago

Also is there information how their interviews are, and training is like, Are recruiters friendly, and how are instructors? If any FAs are on, how is it for you, and what do you recommend for new applicasnts
ty
Dawn

send me on my way in Florida

9 months ago

sand2769 in New Castle, Colorado said: Has anyone who submitted their application recently heard anything from Allegiant?

I just received the assessment email :), I applied on the 26th.

PMatthewII in Pennsylvania

9 months ago

I just submitted the assessment as well :) good luck everyone!

Sapphire21 in Ohio

9 months ago

PMatthewII in Pennsylvania said: I just submitted the assessment as well :) good luck everyone!

Both you and Send me yayaya good luck as we join this journey together!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

PMatthewII in Pennsylvania

9 months ago

Reading back on page 71... this process should move quick :) last time they had open houses that you paid your own way to. The people were invited to 1 on 1 on the spot... then were given a training date about a week later...

The only catch is apparently last time they did an open house all the way at HNL... I definitely couldn't afford that if they do that again.

xdawgx in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

9 months ago

PMatthewII in Pennsylvania said: Reading back on page 71... this process should move quick :) last time they had open houses that you paid your own way to. The people were invited to 1 on 1 on the spot... then were given a training date about a week later...

The only catch is apparently last time they did an open house all the way at HNL... I definitely couldn't afford that if they do that again.

I was reading up on that too...and they had open house at the two places, at that time , which were hiring. So, maybe just florida?

Ronnieeeeeee in Atlanta, Georgia

9 months ago

Hey guys! I just checked my email with the invite to take the assessment. How is it?

Another thing, I passed my interview with republic airways. Stick with just them or still see how far I can go with Allegiant? Which company is best?

cant wait for my WINGS! in Mission Viejo, California

9 months ago

Hey guys! Just got my online assessment after applying on the 23rd! Good luck to everyone!

9 months ago

Just finished my online assessment, too! Super excited! :)
Best of luck to everyone!

Meeeee in Las Vegas, Nevada

9 months ago

They are currently hiring for all the Florida bases, Las Vegas, and wendover. Training will probably be in August. The recruitment sessions are going to be in more than one place. My guess is Vegas, Florida, and possible wendover. No, they don't pay for your transportation to the recruitment session. This assessment thing is new so I'm not sure how that will change the process.

It's a great company. No overnights and the pay is $20/hour first year and then $25/hour second year. Unless you plan on having a place to live in 2 locations, commuting is not an option. You can jump seat on nearly every airline and your family will have access to nearly all the airlines for a small fee after 6 months employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ExcitedATL in Atlanta, Georgia

9 months ago

Meeeee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: They are currently hiring for all the Florida bases, Las Vegas, and wendover. Training will probably be in August. The recruitment sessions are going to be in more than one place. My guess is Vegas, Florida, and possible wendover. No, they don't pay for your transportation to the recruitment session. This assessment thing is new so I'm not sure how that will change the process.

It's a great company. No overnights and the pay is $20/hour first year and then $25/hour second year. Unless you plan on having a place to live in 2 locations, commuting is not an option. You can jump seat on nearly every airline and your family will have access to nearly all the airlines for a small fee after 6 months employment.

Thanks, very helpful information!!! I'm excited!!!

flymama in Atlanta, Georgia

9 months ago

I just did my assessment online, and good luck to everyone!

9 months ago

Meeeee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: They are currently hiring for all the Florida bases, Las Vegas, and wendover. Training will probably be in August. The recruitment sessions are going to be in more than one place. My guess is Vegas, Florida, and possible wendover. No, they don't pay for your transportation to the recruitment session. This assessment thing is new so I'm not sure how that will change the process.

I've read that the "average" (what's "average in aviation, right?) line is around 110 hours. How long does it usually/reasonably take to be able to hold a line? I'm sure it varies by base, but just an "average" timeline would be helpful.

And what exactly do you mean by "Unless you plan on having a place to live in two (2) locations, commuting is not an option? I understand how commuting works, but "a place to live in 2 locations" -- wouldn't that be the same as commuting?

Thanks in advance for your helpful answers. Good luck to all those that are "waiting in the wings".

Sapphire21 in Ohio

9 months ago

sand2769 in New Castle, Colorado said: I've read that the "average" (what's "average in aviation, right?) line is around 110 hours. How long does it usually/reasonably take to be able to hold a line? I'm sure it varies by base, but just an "average" timeline would be helpful.

And what exactly do you mean by "Unless you plan on having a place to live in two (2) locations, commuting is not an option? I understand how commuting works, but "a place to live in 2 locations" -- wouldn't that be the same as commuting?

WOW good morning all, how exciting so many of us got invite to do the Assesment, Yes hope it is in FL or someplace relativly not far like Hawaii lol Id be doomed, Hawaii is costly I used to live and go school there. Love to go back
q? yes How long does it take to get your own line, and how is the trainning and instructors? Is your Hotel covered at training and do thye fly you to training?

Yes seems like a ver good company.
I wonder how to are the recruiters, are they FAs too?
I know questions/
Blessings and waves.

Tracie in Ruby, South Carolina

9 months ago

Hi I just took my assessment with allegiant does anyone know how long it takes to hear something back after you take it?

Meeeee in Las Vegas, Nevada

9 months ago

I would say average is 90 hours a month. But that varies since this is more of a seasonal airline. Commuting is not the same as living in 2 locations. Commuting consists of normally getting a crash pad or hotel at the beginning or end of a 4 day trip if for some reason you can't make it home. This airline you are home every night. So you would need a place to stay every night. Other airlines you would have overnights and the company would have a hotel for you. Getting a line depends on the base. Some bases people will get a line right out of training, others within a few months, and others are still on reserve after nearly 2 years.

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

9 months ago

Meeeee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I would say average is 90 hours a month. But that varies since this is more of a seasonal airline. Commuting is not the same as living in 2 locations. Commuting consists of normally getting a crash pad or hotel at the beginning or end of a 4 day trip if for some reason you can't make it home. This airline you are home every night. So you would need a place to stay every night. Other airlines you would have overnights and the company would have a hotel for you. Getting a line depends on the base. Some bases people will get a line right out of training, others within a few months, and others are still on reserve after nearly 2 years.

Do you enjoy working for them?

Page:  « First « Previous   75  76  77  78  79  80  81  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.