81 months ago

Thank you.

L.D.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

81 months ago

LD,

Age has nothing to do with it. Personality, flexibility and a sincere passion about customer service are among the ageless qualities that many airlines look for in candidates. A professional appearance and demeanor are crucial, though.

This is an excellent time to start a career as a flight attendant. That being said, you must also be persistent. It is not unusual to have to apply to several companies before you find the right one. So go for it my friend!

Good Luck!

Reply - Report abuse

FA4life in Staten Island, New York

81 months ago

Great advice--and very true!

I started my career as a FA at 50 and never regret it!

My advice to you is to interview with as many airlines as you can (within reason.) The experience you gain is invaluable to you getting your dream job!

Good luck!!

Reply - Report abuse

FlightAttendant4Me in Sherbrooke, Quebec

81 months ago

Thank you very much.

You just made my day.

L.D.

Reply - Report abuse

susiesnowflake in Niles, Illinois

81 months ago

FlightAttendant4Me in Sherbrooke, Quebec said: Thank you very much.

You just made my day.

L.D.

Im the same age and thought the same, thinking that the airlines want that fresh young look. But then I though about it and Im sure they want a mix of young, middle age(you and I LOL)and older. So lets go for it and have fun at it. Be yourself and stress your customer service, I believe THATS what they are looking for over all. Good luck to you!!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

FlightAttendant4Me in Sherbrooke, Quebec

81 months ago

susiesnowflake in Niles, Illinois said: Im the same age and thought the same, thinking that the airlines want that fresh young look. But then I though about it and Im sure they want a mix of young, middle age(you and I LOL)and older. So lets go for it and have fun at it. Be yourself and stress your customer service, I believe THATS what they are looking for over all. Good luck to you!!!!!

Thank you very much susiesnowflake for your kind words.

Larry D.

Reply - Report abuse

LFARMER31@*****.*** in Wilson, North Carolina

79 months ago

thanks lynda fifty

Reply - Report abuse

sumon in Bronx, New York

37 months ago

im 32 years old .can i apply for any flight attendant?

Reply - Report abuse

MDCC in Ashburn, Virginia

37 months ago

FA4life in Staten Island, New York said: Great advice--and very true!

I started my career as a FA at 50 and never regret it!

My advice to you is to interview with as many airlines as you can (within reason.) The experience you gain is invaluable to you getting your dream job!

Good luck!!

You have made my day. I'm 53 and feel 33. I was hoping someone would ask this question. Yes, it has occurred to me that they would only want the younger ones. I just need a career change and I would basically be doing the same work just up in the skies. I have been working social services for years.
Thanks again,

Reply - Report abuse

marieinnj in Union City, New Jersey

37 months ago

I would love to be an FA. Been working social services for years, I'm 53 and don't feel my age, whatever that means. I know that when I was in my 20's, 50 to me was old. I wasn't sure how HR was set up in the airlines. Ah, heck. I figured I'd give it a try. Been thinking for a while what type of work would be equivalent to social services without the 9-5. Then, it occurred to me. I'd make a great flight attendant!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Feelinggreatat47 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

11 months ago

Hello,

I genuinely appreciate each comment. I am 47?years young;) & have always wanted to be a FA. I felt I couldn't do it until my children all grew up. I throughly enjoy customer service. I just google/binged am I too old to be a FA?

How do I know which airlines are the best to apply with?

Thank every single of one of you FA!

Reply - Report abuse

zeldamoonpie in Alabama

11 months ago

I'm 47 and I've have 4 video interviews so far. Still in the running with 3 airlines that I know of, some you just don't know where you stand until you get the TBNT (Thanks But No Thanks) email. I've had about 6 rejections but that's life and probably a blessing in disguise.

Call this a midlife crises, I don't care. I say it's a second chance to do that one thing you've always wanted to do. Life is short go for it!

I'd be honored to fly with y'all, they would know what to do with us old broads.

WHEELS UP

Reply - Report abuse

kris in Norfolk, Virginia

11 months ago

Feelinggreatat47 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: Hello,

I genuinely appreciate each comment. I am 47?years young;) & have always wanted to be a FA. I felt I couldn't do it until my children all grew up. I throughly enjoy customer service. I just google/binged am I too old to be a FA?

How do I know which airlines are the best to apply with?

Thank every single of one of you FA!

I'm so glad I have seen these posts today!! I am 53 years young and have worked in customer service all my life and I'm ready to apply to be a FA! My skill set and natural personality would be a great fit but, I am concerned about my age bracket. I understand they will want to know all employment for the last 10 yrs? Do you recommend taking the In-flight certification?

Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Folsom, Louisiana

10 months ago

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin said: LD,

Age has nothing to do with it. Personality, flexibility and a sincere passion about customer service are among the ageless qualities that many airlines look for in candidates. A professional appearance and demeanor are crucial, though.

What is the best way to get started as a flight attendant at middle age, looking for a career change?

This is an excellent time to start a career as a flight attendant . That being said, you must also be persistent. It is not unusual to have to apply to several companies before you find the right one. So go for it my friend!

Good Luck!

What is the best way to start a career change as a flight attendant at age 50? Corporate versus airline

Reply - Report abuse

LEONATHECAT in Shreveport, Louisiana

8 months ago

My experience, has been different. I am 46 years old. I recently graduated from a flight attendant school in Washington State. Unfortunately, all of the airlines, that I have applied for have had negative responses. I would like to know, what I am doing wrong. I will keep applying, but, this is very discouraging; especially since I went to school for this type of job.

Reply - Report abuse

Oncloudnine in Springfield, Missouri

8 months ago

LEONATHECAT in Shreveport, Louisiana said: My experience, has been different. I am 46 years old. I recently graduated from a flight attendant school in Washington State. Unfortunately, all of the airlines, that I have applied for have had negative responses. I would like to know, what I am doing wrong. I will keep applying, but, this is very discouraging; especially since I went to school for this type of job.

First off, going to FA school is a waste of money and time...airlines do their own training, so I'm not sure that is really helping you all that much. Have you tried PSA airlines? They may send a TBNT after you submit application, but that DOES NOT mean you can't go to an open house. I got the TBNT and went anyway and got the job. If you have the personality for the job, it will shine naturally. I know of a couple of ladies who went to so called Flight Attendant training with a school in Florida and they were chosen for PSA. Good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

primemeridian in New York, New York

8 months ago

@Leonathecat -

Best of luck to you! My advice is to keep trying with tenacity and don't take anything personally. This takes time! It's great that you have some schooling behind you, but don't rely on that. Research, read, study, learn as much about the industry as you can. You may want to consider getting your resume refreshed. A great place to start is www.flightattendantcareer.com. Some companies use software that looks for key words. I agree that open houses are a great place to start. Skywest has them often as well. Many airlines are hiring right now!

Be willing and open to apply to every airline that is hiring. You may get many rejections before success. Be prepared for that! Every step is a learning experience.

Look at your interviewing appearance and go from your toes to your head. Is there anything you can do or adjust to look more conservative and professional? Closed-toe shined pumps, nice hose, dark skirt suit, simple sold-color blouse or shell, a simple scarf, stud earrings, tasteful makeup, conservative hair in an attractive natural color, shaped eyebrows, white teeth.

Write out examples and "what if" customer service scenarios. Research the STAR method of behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when..."). Speak to the mirror, eye contact, genuine smile, standing with poise and acting with grace.

These are my suggestions. I agree it can be harder for us that are a little older, but your dream is within reach. Look at every little thing objectively and see what you can tweak to present yourself in the light they want to see you in.

Be the best Flight Attendant version of yourself and you will make it!

Reply - Report abuse

Andrew charboneou in Long Beach, California

1 month ago

50 is perfect. I am almost 52. FA Rrecuiters favor older people. I'm 52 don't look or feel it started in 86. Last week there where 6 people over 55 a 60 70 47 and 51 trainees.

Reply - Report abuse

Belinda kergan in Cleveland, Ohio

1 month ago

Oncloudnine in Springfield, Missouri said: First off, going to FA school is a waste of money and time...airlines do their own training, so I'm not sure that is really helping you all that much. Have you tried PSA airlines? They may send a TBNT after you submit application, but that DOES NOT mean you can't go to an open house. I got the TBNT and went anyway and got the job. If you have the personality for the job, it will shine naturally. I know of a couple of ladies who went to so called Flight Attendant training with a school in Florida and they were chosen for PSA. Good luck!

Can you share the negative comments they fave you. I'm 53 and always wanted to be a fight attendant . I feel like a change . Thank you

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ines in Mission Viejo, California

1 day ago

hi.. I would like to know in which airline you are working at ... Im planning to apply , Im 36 years old, I'm fluent in 3 languages but I'm very worry about my age and my weight .

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin said: LD,

This is an excellent time to start a career as a flight attendant . That being said, you must also be persistent. It is not unusual to have to apply to several companies before you find the right one. So go for it my friend!

Good Luck!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.