American Airlines Flight Attendant Applicants 5/15/2017 Postings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 3204)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

AA Flying in California

4 months ago

Hello Applicants Regular Position and LOD (Language Positions).

This Forums is for ALL Applicants of the newest postings of AA FA openings on 5/15/2017.

Please Share Any & All Info Respectfully and Professionally in order for ALL of us to Achieve our Goal of Earning our AA FA Wings & Fly as Team.

I am Former Legacy Airline Lead FA & Gladly looking forward to joining AA Outstanding Flight Services Team.

I found the following post in 1 of previous AA FA forums.

Applicants are processed according to SCORING system at each step of the process. The steps are as follows:

1) Initial Application.
2) Assessment.
3) Video Interview.
4) On-Line Application.
5) F2F.
6) Finger Printing.
7) Drug Test.
8) Training.
9) Graduation.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

OnIyTheTruthHere in Happy Town, South Carolina

4 months ago

I need help. Should I apply again? I keep getting rejected over and over again. What am I doing wrong? I can't get myself to complete the application.

Reply - Report abuse

nycs in Long Island, New York

4 months ago

AAFlying,

Very kind of you to take the initiative for all of you to bound.

Reply - Report abuse

OnIyTheTruthHere in Happy Town, South Carolina

4 months ago

nycs in Long Island, New York said: AAFlying,

Very kind of you to take the initiative for all of you to bound.

Help me! Please!

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

OnIyTheTruthHere in Happy Town, South Carolina said: I need help. Should I apply again? I keep getting rejected over and over again. What am I doing wrong? I can't get myself to complete the application.

I would suggest pick up the phone and call them. It must be technical issue with your account. go on AA.com and call the main number then pick option for employment. keep in mind there operating hours based on CST 9Central standard times).

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

nycs in Long Island, New York said: I would suggest pick up the phone and call them. It must be technical issue with your account. go on AA.com and call the main number then pick option for employment. keep in mind there operating hours based on CST 9Central standard times).

Sorry *CST(Central Standard Time)

Reply - Report abuse

MaduroFlyer in Ladera Ranch, California

4 months ago

OnIyTheTruthHere in Happy Town, South Carolina said: I need help. Should I apply again? I keep getting rejected over and over again. What am I doing wrong? I can't get myself to complete the application.

If this is what you absolutely want to do for a career, I would apply again. And not just with AA. There is an airline for you. I was given a CJO with Southwest back in 2014 but had to back out because my son decided he wanted to live with me during high school. I applied again with SW in April 2017, had my f2f and got a TBNT. I'm trying now with AA and hope it goes well. My point is, this is what I really want to do and I'm not giving up. Keep trying if you feel it in you gut.

Good Luck!

Reply - Report abuse

kevin1970 in lake ridge, Virginia

4 months ago

I have lost count on the number of times i have applied with American its either 6 or 7 times just can't get past the VI.

Reply - Report abuse

Isabel23 in Grand Prairie, Texas

4 months ago

This wasn't first time ever applying and after I submitted the video I got a TBNT. How long do I have to wait before I can apply again? Thanks in advance for any responses!

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

Isabel23 in Grand Prairie, Texas said: This wasn't first time ever applying and after I submitted the video I got a TBNT. How long do I have to wait before I can apply again? Thanks in advance for any responses!

pretty sure it's 6 months.

Reply - Report abuse

wing-ingit in Westminster, Maryland

4 months ago

Good luck everyone!

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

wing-ingit in Westminster, Maryland said: Good luck everyone!

Good luck to you as well

Reply - Report abuse

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

Now it is a waiting game. It can take days, weeks or even months to hear back after the assessment. Hopefully they move quickly though.

I do hope I make it through though. Plus the F2F and training would be very convenient since I live close to the training center.

Reply - Report abuse

AA Flying in California

4 months ago

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas said: Now it is a waiting game. It can take days, weeks or even months to hear back after the assessment. Hopefully they move quickly though.

I do hope I make it through though. Plus the F2F and training would be very convenient since I live close to the training center.

Great we'll have our Graduation Celebration @ your house with Texan style barbeque:)

Reply - Report abuse

coach roach in Clifton, New Jersey

4 months ago

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas said: Now it is a waiting game. It can take days, weeks or even months to hear back after the assessment. Hopefully they move quickly though.

Purrrrrfect... you have a car to take us to the market to help get us real nourishment and not the processed foods available at the AA cafeteria.

Reply - Report abuse

coach roach in Clifton, New Jersey

4 months ago

For some it will take weeks and months (those with no CS experience or very insufficient resumes), and for others, it will take a matter of days or maybe 1 week from the time they start sending out video interviews.

Reply - Report abuse

AA11 in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

Good luck to everyone!

Reply - Report abuse

BriEvans in Chandler, Arizona

4 months ago

Just finished my assessment now I wait patiently this is my fourth time applying

Reply - Report abuse

LV202 in Gainesville, Texas

4 months ago

I wonder how many times I am going to check my email for a VI in the next several days!! Lol

Reply - Report abuse

HeatherLea in Gilbert, Arizona

4 months ago

Hi everyone! I applied yesterday and did my assessment today. Good luck to all!!!

Reply - Report abuse

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

LV202 in Gainesville, Texas said: I wonder how many times I am going to check my email for a VI in the next several days!! Lol

I think it will be everyday for me. Plus looking at the application status to make sure it doesn't change to disqualified.

Reply - Report abuse

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

AA Flying in California said: Great we'll have our Graduation Celebration @ your house with Texan style barbeque:)

Well....I'm not a true Texan, moved here about 10 years ago, plus I'm not good at BBQ'ing. So I don't think you'll want my BBQ cooking. LOL

Reply - Report abuse

Samantha Carter in Aliso Viejo, California

4 months ago

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas said: I think it will be everyday for me. Plus looking at the application status to make sure it doesn't change to disqualified.

Hello, how do you check your application status, I did not see the option to do so. Please help, thank you.

Reply - Report abuse

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

Samantha Carter in Aliso Viejo, California said: Hello, how do you check your application status, I did not see the option to do so. Please help, thank you.

On the main job page (jobs.aa.com), click on the link "Your Profile" at the top right. Then, "View Profile" under Customer Information. Finally under the Candidate Profile, click " Jobs Applied". It will list all the jobs applied for with the status and dates.

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas said: On the main job page (jobs.aa.com), click on the link "Your Profile" at the top right. Then, "View Profile" under Customer Information. Finally under the Candidate Profile, click " Jobs Applied". It will list all the jobs applied for with the status and dates.

Thank you very much and all the best luck to us all :)

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas said: On the main job page (jobs.aa.com), click on the link "Your Profile" at the top right. Then, "View Profile" under Customer Information. Finally under the Candidate Profile, click " Jobs Applied". It will list all the jobs applied for with the status and dates.

Just checked mine and it says "New Application", is that good or bad? What did yours say? Thanks again.

Reply - Report abuse

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

Samantha Carter in Aliso Viejo, California said: Just checked mine and it says "New Application", is that good or bad? What did yours say? Thanks again.

Mine still says "New Application" as well. I think it means they haven't looked at it yet.

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

Mine still says new app also but no worries it's only been a few days

Reply - Report abuse

skygirlhopeful in Charlotte, North Carolina

4 months ago

For those of you who said this is not their 1st time applying to aa, throughout your last couple times, what do you think you did wrong to get your tbnt's?? What it how you dressed during your VI? Did you not smile enough during f2f? Not enough customer service jobs on your resume?

Reply - Report abuse

San Antone girl in San Antonio, Texas

4 months ago

Hello all, I applied yesterday and did my assessment yesterday evening. I read that you have the option to do a phone or video interview is that true?

Reply - Report abuse

Baseball Mom in Louisiana

4 months ago

Hi everyone!! Good morning from Louisiana!! I just checked MY PROFILE and it now says, "In progress". I checked it last night and it said "new application", so it looks like things are moving along and I am so hopeful moving in the right direction!! Best of luck to us all!! Sending good wishes and positivity your way!!

Reply - Report abuse

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

Baseball Mom in Louisiana said: Hi everyone!! Good morning from Louisiana!! I just checked MY PROFILE and it now says, "In progress". I checked it last night and it said "new application", so it looks like things are moving along and I am so hopeful moving in the right direction!! Best of luck to us all!! Sending good wishes and positivity your way!!

Woohoo!!!! Good luck! Keep us posted.

Reply - Report abuse

AA Flying in California

4 months ago

AA11 in Dallas, Texas said: Good luck to everyone!

Hello AA11,

Have they combined the FAs Seniority of AA & USAirways OR they're 2 seperate lists??

I'm thinking it's NOT combined since they're hiring for both sides Bases.

Reply - Report abuse

AA Flying in California

4 months ago

Baseball Mom in Louisiana said: Hi everyone!! Good morning from Louisiana!! I just checked MY PROFILE and it now says, "In progress". I checked it last night and it said "new application", so it looks like things are moving along and I am so hopeful moving in the right direction!! Best of luck to us all!! Sending good wishes and positivity your way!!

Positive Vibes:)

Reply - Report abuse

KJ in Marine City, Michigan

4 months ago

I just checked mine and it is In Progress too! I too would love to know from those of you who have applied more than once....what do you feel is your stumbling block? I have never done a VI before - the last time I applied at an airline, that didn't exist lol (back in 2008). I wish all of us good luck!!

Reply - Report abuse

raz0905 in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

KJ in Marine City, Michigan said: I just checked mine and it is In Progress too! I too would love to know from those of you who have applied more than once....what do you feel is your stumbling block? I have never done a VI before - the last time I applied at an airline, that didn't exist lol (back in 2008). I wish all of us good luck!!

I just looked, but still at "New Application". Oh darn. It seems they are moving things along though. Hopefully soon for me!!!

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

KJ in Marine City, Michigan said: I just checked mine and it is In Progress too! I too would love to know from those of you who have applied more than once....what do you feel is your stumbling block? I have never done a VI before - the last time I applied at an airline, that didn't exist lol (back in 2008). I wish all of us good luck!!

When it comes to the VI i have the answers I want to say but once the VI starts i have a complete brain dump I tend to ramble on to much or sit and not say anything at all for to long.

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

I just checked mine again still saying new app.

Reply - Report abuse

GoodVibez in New York, New York

4 months ago

Yeah, mine still says New App too. I think that this applicant pool is massive. They are hiring for languages + English across all of their bases. I am going to hold on with ALL of my patience.

Reply - Report abuse

skygirlhopeful in Charlotte, North Carolina

4 months ago

Does anyone know how long they keep the applications open?

Reply - Report abuse

AA Flying in California

4 months ago

skygirlhopeful in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Does anyone know how long they keep the applications open?

2-4 weeks.

Reply - Report abuse

AA Flying in California

4 months ago

Hello Applicants,

Please it will be helpful when posting your "Progress Status" to include if you applied for Regular position OR LOD (what language).
Thanks!

Reply - Report abuse

RolCam in Tampa, Florida

4 months ago

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I applied on the 15th when it opened (It happened to be 6 months to the day from my interview)
When i applied i never received an assessment or anything? Is it possible that they still have my old info?
Should i Contact them??

Reply - Report abuse

dfwfly85 in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

AA Flying in California said: Hello Applicants,

Please it will be helpful when posting your "Progress Status" to include if you applied for Regular position OR LOD (what language).
Thanks!

FA French/English Bilingual

05/15 applied
05/16 Assessment

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

GoodVibez in New York, New York said: Yeah, mine still says New App too. I think that this applicant pool is massive. They are hiring for languages + English across all of their bases. I am going to hold on with ALL of my patience.

Patience is a must in this good luck to you

Reply - Report abuse

KJ in Southfield, Michigan

4 months ago

AA Flying in California said: Hello Applicants,

Thanks!

I applied for regular position.
Applied 05/16
Assessed 05/17
In Progress 05/18

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

kevin1970 in lake ridge, Virginia said: When it comes to the VI i have the answers I want to say but once the VI starts i have a complete brain dump I tend to ramble on to much or sit and not say anything at all for to long.

That will be scary. It's hard to be at your best under pressure and scrutiny but it is what it is. If I am lucky enough to get an invite, I will regard it as a learning experience.

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

KJ in Southfield, Michigan said: That will be scary. It's hard to be at your best under pressure and scrutiny but it is what it is. If I am lucky enough to get an invite, I will regard it as a learning experience.

and that i'm guessing is what my problem is i over think my answers and get myself stressed out

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

I was on another board and someone was talking about the "types" different airlines look for. Does anyone have insight into what "type" if any, that American is looking for? Super professional or easygoing and friendly, glamorous or girl (guy) next door? My last airline hired the easygoing and friendly type.

Reply - Report abuse

Drb2fly in Federal Way, Washington

4 months ago

Anyone receive a Video Interview yet?

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.