American Airlines Flight Attendant Hiring 2012

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 119)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

AAFlying in San Diego, California

32 months ago

This forum is set up for anyone who is interested of becoming AA FA.
Please anyone who is currently a FA with AA share any info regarding upcoming FA hirings.

Today (Tuesday 11/29/2011) filed for Bankruptcy chapter 11 protection. Also on MSNBC the current AMR(parent company of AA) president made some indirect comments about a merger w/US Airways.

I hope this will be a productive and informative discussion forum to help anyone who is interested in joining AA as a Flight Attendant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

AA F/A in Ashburn, Virginia

32 months ago

Since you are aware of the bankruptcy filing this morning, which part of that do you not understand? The immediate goal for AA right now is to reduce costs which means a reduction in flying hours and the corelating staffing. Furloughs are inevitable. Mergers or a hostile take-over is possible. If there is a class, it would be to hire and furlough to protect the current F/As.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

gogoflight in Atlanta, Georgia

32 months ago

Well I sure wouldn't want anybody to be fulough.. hopefully AA won't have to come down to that I would rather wait a while for hiring then see anybody lose there job...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AA F/A in Ashburn, Virginia

32 months ago

Being positive is great but being realistic is wiser. If your goal is to fly for AA, I say go for it but have a plan B and don't close your eyes to this very sad day and the painful restructuring that will be necessary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Well said from the both of you'll.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

AA F/A in Ashburn, Virginia said: Being positive is great but being realistic is wiser. If your goal is to fly for AA, I say go for it but have a plan B and don't close your eyes to this very sad day and the painful restructuring that will be necessary.

EXCUSE YOU. Please enjoy your DRAMA alone and STOP attacking me for no good reason. I am VERY WISE person and I have the right to start any discussion forum and it has nothing to do with today's news. Of course it is SAD news who have been in this industry and also been through Management Restructuring.

I will NOT respond to you unless your posts are kindly worded.

Relax...May Peace come your way soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

AA F/A in Ashburn, Virginia said: Being positive is great but being realistic is wiser. If your goal is to fly for AA, I say go for it but have a plan B and don't close your eyes to this very sad day and the painful restructuring that will be necessary.

I think you ned to keep a positive vision for the future. AA name will be around and todays news might in fact work for much POSITIVE outcome for the Airline reputation and future increased profits/Revenue. You might want to read up on how UAL and DAL floated to the top after bankruptcy.....so there is much BETTER future outlook for AA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

American in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

Well boys and girls things don't look so hot right now, but there is always light at the end of a tunnel. For all the ones waiting to apply for AA FA keep up the faith. The day will come, when its anybodys guess so don't listen to rumors or he said she said I heard on the train whatever. Continue to be patient. Continue to be friendly. And lastly remember American Airlines is was and always will be "Something special in the air!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

American in Dallas, Texas said: Well boys and girls things don't look so hot right now, but there is always light at the end of a tunnel. For all the ones waiting to apply for AA FA keep up the faith. The day will come, when its anybodys guess so don't listen to rumors or he said she said I heard on the train whatever. Continue to be patient. Continue to be friendly. And lastly remember American Airlines is was and always will be "Something special in the air!"

I will keep the faith!!! best wishes for American Airlines...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flyboy87 in chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

AAFlying in San Diego, California said: This forum is set up for anyone who is interested of becoming AA FA.
Please anyone who is currently a FA with AA share any info regarding upcoming FA hirings.

Today (Tuesday 11/29/2011) filed for Bankruptcy chapter 11 protection. Also on MSNBC the current AMR(parent company of AA) president made some indirect comments about a merger w/US Airways.

I hope this will be a productive and informative discussion forum to help anyone who is interested in joining AA as a Flight Attendant.

well to those of you who want to join aa as a flight attendant just be aware that they furloughed 1200 the last time and they may furlough 436 flight attendants this time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Deniel in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

Ok, can some one actually tell me what do I need to do to become a flight attendent?

I`m bilingual and looking forward to become an international flight attendent. however, I don`t know where to get a application form. Can you help me ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGuy in Indianapolis, Indiana

32 months ago

Deniel in Brooklyn, New York said: Ok, can some one actually tell me what do I need to do to become a flight attendent?

I`m bilingual and looking forward to become an international flight attendent. however, I don`t know where to get a application form. Can you help me ?

Check under every airlines career tab on their website and apply online. I know GoJet, Continental, Virgin America and a few others are currently hiring. You can also go to: www.flightattendantcareer.com/hiring_info.htm and also scroll up and down this forum website to see what other people on posting on other airline forums about hiring.

The airline I fly for will be hiring again after the first of the year and it's nothing but international and very rarely domestic flying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

iamchad

32 months ago

Flyboy87 in chicago, Illinois said: well to those of you who want to become flight attendants for american it is a strong possiblity that you will be furloughed. due to the chapter 11. rember they furloughed 1200 flight attendants the last time.

All of those 1200 furloughed flight attendants, but 220, have been recalled - AMR has money whereas the other airlines that filed for BK did not have. It is going to be hard to compare AA with the others since it is a different situation now - guess we will have to wait and see.... and keep our fingers crosed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lsrdmot@aol.com in Carmel, Indiana

32 months ago

FlyGuy in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Check under every airlines career tab on their website and apply online. I know GoJet, Continental, Virgin America and a few others are currently hiring. You can also go to: www.flightattendantcareer.com/hiring_info.htm and also scroll up and down this forum website to see what other people on posting on other airline forums about hiring.

The airline I fly for will be hiring again after the first of the year and it's nothing but international and very rarely domestic flying.

Hello FlyGuy in Indianapolis. I live in Indianapolis also, former FA. Who do you work for out of Indy ...or do you commute?....to what base for this Int'l flying? Just wondering. Thanks for sharing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dallaskimg in Dallas, Texas

31 months ago

AA F/A in Ashburn, Virginia said: Since you are aware of the bankruptcy filing this morning, which part of that do you not understand? The immediate goal for AA right now is to reduce costs which means a reduction in flying hours and the corelating staffing. Furloughs are inevitable. Mergers or a hostile take-over is possible. If there is a class, it would be to hire and furlough to protect the current F/As.

That is what I call a great example, clearly written by a coach class flight attendant from AA! Where can I sign up to be a part of that team. If this is your best match I think you should start praying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

student in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

do you guys think american will hire in 2012? i hear people saying that they will offer voluntary retirements to get rid of higher paid fa and then they will need to hire off street

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hopeful in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

student in Chicago, Illinois said: do you guys think american will hire in 2012? i hear people saying that they will offer voluntary retirements to get rid of higher paid fa and then they will need to hire off street

Those of us that were offered a job and were waiting on training to start were just informed all hiring has been put on hold..
Nobody is more hopeful than we are at this point as it took a lot for us to get here.
Keeping fingers crossed!!

NEW in San Diego, California

31 months ago

Hopeful in Chicago, Illinois said: Those of us that were offered a job and were waiting on training to start were just informed all hiring has been put on hold..
Nobody is more hopeful than we are at this point as it took a lot for us to get here.
Keeping fingers crossed!!

Are you referring to CSA job or FA???

Jazzy in Plainsboro, New Jersey

31 months ago

gogoflight in Atlanta, Georgia said: I've applied for CO/UA.. but deep down I know AA would be the best match for me!!! I was told by the grapevine that hiring will begin soon...

I just dont see how when so many of the Flight Attendants are still out on furlough.

Jazzy in Plainsboro, New Jersey

31 months ago

gogoflight in Atlanta, Georgia said: I've applied for CO/UA.. but deep down I know AA would be the best match for me!!! I was told by the grapevine that hiring will begin soon...

I cant see American hiring too soon they still have so many people on furlough. Its a nice thought though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hopeful in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

NEW in San Diego, California said: Are you referring to CSA job or FA???

I was referring to F/A position. Interviewed back in October and offered a CJO that day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LidiaLing in Vancouver, Washington

30 months ago

"The airline I fly for will be hiring again after the first of the year and it's nothing but international and very rarely domestic flying."

Hi, Fly Guy:
I am also wondering if you could share which airline you are currently flying for,
if they are hiring, it will be a great opportunity for the people who speak more than one language! thanks for the info.

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

30 months ago

Hopeful in Chicago, Illinois said: I was referring to F/A position. Interviewed back in October and offered a CJO that day.

May I ask who you interviewed with?

chicago in North Aurora, Illinois

30 months ago

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin said: May I ask who you interviewed with?

Not sure if it would be appropriate to use names. But they were two very nice women. There was a gal intrviewing from WI that day...might that be you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

30 months ago

No, I was curious what airline offered you a job in October? Sorry for confusion.
:D

Flyer2012 in Portland, Oregon

30 months ago

I have faith that within a year or so AA will start hiring once again.

ChaCha in Plainsboro, New Jersey

30 months ago

I do too. Bankruptsy protection is just that PROTECTION. I feel they will be just fine

prospect candidate in Glenside, Pennsylvania

30 months ago

I just read that AA will increase the frequency of flights to Brazil. Is there any AA flight attedant that can answer this question, just as last year that AA hired 30 chinese speakers, do you think aa will hire portuguese speakers. I speak Portuguese and i would love to work for aa

American in Arlington, Texas

30 months ago

Hey guys, after all the APFA info I've gotten, it will most likely NOT be this year 2012 for any major f/a hiring. I just hope not to get furloughed again... I will keep you guys updates when I hear different. Until then....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

American in Mesquite, Texas

30 months ago

Well here we go, As of April 1 2012....500 of the most junior flights attendants will be furloughed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

AAgirlAA in Cleveland, Ohio

30 months ago

From what I heard AA will get rid of 500 F/A then by the end of the bankruptcy process they will end up merging with Jetblue due to Jetblue's young fleet, nice routes, cheaper non unionized work force etc so im guessing the easiest way to become a AA F/A is to apply in Jetblue

Flyer2012 in Sacramento, California

30 months ago

If Jet Blue merged with AA they would be unionized by majority rule... Also because B2 is non union likely their fas would lose all of their seniority.

Aviation Exec in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

Where in Gods' name did you come up with B2 merging with AA? This is not true. It was published most recently that AA will furlough approximately 18% of their workforce. A huge hit will come from the Flight Service Department, where appx 2,300 FA's will be affected, and appx 400 pilots will be let go. Several management position will also be affected.

AA should be able to get out of bankruptcy if the unions come to an agreement. However, the unions did not come to an agreement on their most recent meeting with AA. Other meeting are still pending. The three companies keeping an eye on AA is a private firm called TPG, US Airways and Delta Air Lines.

AA will not be hiring FA's for a while as they first have to get themselves out of bankruptcy, then should they need additional FA's, they will have to first do a recall, then go out and hire.

Venture on other airlines as AA will not be doing any hiring any time soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aviation Exec in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

Aviation Exec in Atlanta, Georgia said: Where in Gods' name did you come up with B2 merging with AA? This is not true. It was published most recently that AA will furlough approximately 18% of their workforce. A huge hit will come from the Flight Service Department, where appx 2,300 FA's will be affected, and appx 400 pilots will be let go. Several management position will also be affected.

AA should be able to get out of bankruptcy if the unions come to an agreement. However, the unions did not come to an agreement on their most recent meeting with AA. Other meeting are still pending. The three companies keeping an eye on AA is a private firm called TPG, US Airways and Delta Air Lines.

AA will not be hiring FA's for a while as they first have to get themselves out of bankruptcy, then should they need additional FA's, they will have to first do a recall, then go out and hire.

******Correction.......... 500 FA to be furloughed by the spring

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

American in Pearl River, Louisiana

30 months ago

Aviation Exec in Atlanta, Georgia said: Where in Gods' name did you come up with B2 merging with AA? This is not true. It was published most recently that AA will furlough approximately 18% of their workforce. A huge hit will come from the Flight Service Department, where appx 2,300 FA's will be affected, and appx 400 pilots will be let go. Several management position will also be affected.

######THE BEST ADVICE SO FAR######

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Super80 in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

It world be nice to see AA merge with DL.

Super80 in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

****would

767 in Indianapolis, Indiana

30 months ago

Well good luck to all in this industry where there is never any real job security. Bf is a furloughed pilot from AA going on 10 years now and there are plenty behind him. I work as a FA for a international co and we just furloghed 40 pilots and 40 FA's. Several of our pilots were called back to AA 's and left their capt positions here only to be furloughed again by AA. Now they are out of jobs from both airlines. Like I said - good luck

LB in Saint Charles, Illinois

30 months ago

WELL...as of 2/9/12 they have posted open requisitions in many flight service areas to include FA's -- so your information which 4 people found helpful helped to misinform them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

TCAKE in Hawthorne, California

29 months ago

Hi! you that are in a frizzy, thank god for the website that most
of you ignored(www.flightattendantscareer.com) it has every job
you can imagine and it's FREE! GO THERE PLEASE! I'll see some of
you at certain open days they hold before hiring you and myself.
Never trust anyone with the info. you need, get it from the air-
line itself! God Bless You All!

p.s. I read all of the questions and answers, that's all you have
to do.

Cathy in Quezon City, Philippines

28 months ago

HI, I'm looking forward to be an flight attendant. Kindly send me to my email if the hiring is on. Thanks :)

American

27 months ago

Guys and Dolls AA flight attendant here and I so wish they would hire new fresh faces...people excited about working. And to give us more flexability...but I just give up really I see no time in the near or not so near future of any fa hirings it sux really....but i keep my ears and eyes open for you guys....sittin in lax...later peeps

princessblonde03@gmail.com in Harrington Park, New Jersey

27 months ago

American said: Guys and Dolls AA flight attendant here and I so wish they would hire new fresh faces...people excited about working. And to give us more flexability...but I just give up really I see no time in the near or not so near future of any fa hirings it sux really....but i keep my ears and eyes open for you guys....sittin in lax...later peeps

Thanks for the heads up American! I am sure there are alot of people glad to know there is a hiring freeze.

huguesmarie2011 in Miami, Florida

26 months ago

hello people its so hard to find the application for american airlines online does anybody know where to get the application form

AA Hopeful in Berlin, Connecticut

24 months ago

Just wondering how you AA'ers are making out in the bankruptcy. I'm pulling for you guys! Are they still sticking with the plan to furlough 500 F/As? With the bankruptcy process and potential changes in work rules/contract do you think we'll see a lot of people retire? Do they plan to offer an early out? Thanks for any info!

LD123 in Richmond, Virginia

23 months ago

Hi, Hope everybody is doing well :)
I would like to become a flight attendant, I have search many webpages trying to find open positions but I haven't success. I found couple pages where for a membership they offer to kind of train you and send you updates about new positions, does anyone knows if those websites work? or what would be the recomendation to get a chance to at least apply for those positions?

travelguy83 in Los Angeles, California

23 months ago

All 500 were called back as of August 15th FYI but there are still 220 on furlough

Jetguy70 in Orem, Utah

23 months ago

APFA Hotline for Saturday, September 1, 2012.

Furlough Recall
On this Labor Day Weekend, APFA is especially pleased to be welcoming back the remaining 211 furloughed Flight Attendants. Wednesday, AA announced their return to the line in November. Recall packets were sent out via Fed Ex on Thursday, August 30th. FAs must respond to AA's recall notice by returning the acceptance form contained in the recall packet by September 10th for receipt by AA on September 11th. If you do not respond to the recall notice by the deadline, you forfeit your recall rights. Check apfa.org's recall page for more information. You can email your questions to contract@apfa.org.

The recalled FAs' report date is November 16th and they will spend six weeks at the AA Training Center, aka Flagship University. Once they finish, they will report to one of four bases: LGA, MIA, DFW or DCA.

This news is not only exciting for our recalled FAs, but it also paves the way for the potential of new hires and some movement throughout what has been a stagnant system for the past ten years.

US Airways Signs the NDA
In other good news, Friday, August 31st, US Airways signed the non-disclosure agreement AA extended its way in July. This begins a quiet period where neither party will be allowed to comment on any progress made toward a merger. APFA continues to support a strategic alternative that includes a management team with a proven track record such as the team that currently leads US AIrways.

Another NDA was signed yesterday - that of British Airways, AA's One World partner across the pond. An American-US Airways merger would increase One World's presence in North America and improve British Airways' traffic overseas. Willie Walsh, British Airways' CEO, expressed his interest in a merger between AA and US Airways by saying that any strategic alternative that strengthens the OneWorld program is welcome.

Jetguy70 in Orem, Utah

23 months ago

AMR Bankruptcy
In other AMR bankruptcy news, an Ad Hoc group of creditors manifested itself this week as an interested party in the partial equity and financing of AMR's exit from bankruptcy. This group of investors, like any other group with investment interests, is focused on the highest return possible.

Turning the Tables? Unlikely
One question that comes up from time to time is whether AA could acquire US Airways inside bankruptcy. In short, it is unlikely. While American could technically attempt to acquire US Airways during the chapter 11 case, any such attempt would require Creditor Committee support and Court approval and a level of financial resources that AMR does not currently have access to.

Since US Airways is a public company, there would likely be a competitive process involving other carriers and it is unlikely that American would prevail in a bidding environment. In any combination, the division of equity between US Airways shareholders and AMR creditors would need to be established.

Equity Claim
On Wednesday, APFA announced the Board's decision on how best to distribute the equity claim. The 3% equity Claim will be allocated using a distribution formula based on W-2 earnings from January 1, 2009, to the present.

Recognizing that some union claim distributions in prior bankruptcies have led to costly and drawn-out lawsuits, APFA put together a team of the most experienced bankruptcy labor attorneys to advise the Union on an appropriate method for distributing the claim.

Our attorneys emphasized that APFA should select a distribution method that is:

Based on objective criteria
Allows for broad participation in the Claim, and
Can be applied in a straight-forward manner.
Considering the unique circumstances of our case as well as successful distributions in past bankruptcies, APFA’s advisors strongly recommended that the Union adopt the W-2 earnings formula as the fairest and most logical way to proceed.

Jetguy70 in Orem, Utah

23 months ago

The rationale for this formula is to treat the Claim distribution as a form of retroactive pay in recognition of the fact that Flight Attendant wages remained stagnant during contract negotiations. In particular, our counsel recommended that earnings for several years be taken into account since earnings based on a single year might not be representative. APFA adopted the recommendation of its counsel.

It is a fact that no matter how APFA distributes the Claim there will always be some individuals who can argue that a different distribution method would be more advantageous for them. For that reason, the Union has to consider the best interests of the Flight Attendant group as a whole, which was done in this case.

Signing Bonus - September 21
The company has announced they will pay our $1,500 signing bonus on September 21st. This bonus will be treated as a special distribution. If you are currently deferring your AIP and CE payouts into your 401(k) account, this bonus will also be deposited into your 401(k) account. If you want to make changes, you must do so before 3:00 p.m. Central on September 7th by visiting www.retireonline.com. If you do make changes to your supersaver account, future AIP and CE payouts will also change.

From the main page of the JPMorgan Web site, www.retireonline.com, sign in to access your $uper$aver – 401(k) account, click on the plan name to find your account detail. Locate the “Contribution Amount” link under the Account Management section (left hand side of the screen), click on the link. Enter a percentage amount on either the “Before-tax Special Election” or “Roth Special Election” line under the Regular Contribution Amount box.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.