American Airlines Flight Attendants 2015....Posted 9/30/2014 and 2015 postings

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 5509)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

MrSerge in Charlotte, North Carolina

36 months ago

Good luck to everyone! I just submitted my application. Keep me updated if you guys have any important information or tips.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

pamelatopping in Cordova, Tennessee

36 months ago

Just applied - best of luck to all applying as well!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

kak72790 in Vernon, New Jersey

36 months ago

AshStacks, that was what I was wondering also. 7 1/2 weeks is a long time to be without pay especially if you have other financial commitments like car payments, current housing rent, etc.
Of course, if I make it that far, I will do it and save up even if they don't pay. But if what you heard is true and that contract passes, then that is even better.
Anyone else know the definite answer?

Good luck to everyone!!!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

SkyCap24 in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

kak72790 in Vernon, New Jersey said: blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/association_of_professional_flight_attendants/

Check out this site. It lists everything proposed in the new contract and YES it states that IF APPROVED, training will be paid $75 per day, and this included initial hire training and recurrent training. I hope the vote passes!

HEY! With all due respect, I believe your assessment of the Tentative Agreement (TA) might not be entirely correct. To my knowledge, the complete agreement has not yet been issued, only highlights of certain areas of the proposed contract. Customarily, Initial Training has been UNPAID, with only provisions of transportation, room and board. The newly released TA highlights don't state that initial training will be paid at $75 per day. That only includes continued/recurrent training. At this point?, we do not yet know if there will be any monetary compensation for initial training, but I'm inclined to believe that it will be as it always has been. On a brighter note, all indications suggest that the new contract is 'industry leading', especially as it relates to new-hires and reserve FAs.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Ohio

36 months ago

Hello all if anyone is a new candidate and you have no training date as of yet
I have just begun a FB for us in process for mutaul encouragement support and sharing expect no confidential info will be allowed

www.facebook.com/groups/2014and15AAflightattendantcandidates/

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Ohio

36 months ago

Sorry all deleting there is another already begun not sure of the addy tho

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

European FA in HNL, Hawaii

36 months ago

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Ohio said: Sorry all deleting there is another already begun not sure of the addy tho

Actually it's for the best interest of everyone if we all stay focused and work as a team in this forum....meaning it's best to keep it all in 1 place. Thank You:)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

European FA in HNL, Hawaii

36 months ago

Has anyone received an email to do the assessment evaluation after submitting the application???

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

kak72790 in Vernon, New Jersey

36 months ago

I wish they would hire more people so that everyone here could get hired. You all are so nice and helpful and deserve this!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

pamelatopping in Cordova, Tennessee

36 months ago

European FA in HNL, Hawaii said: Has anyone received an email to do the assessment evaluation after submitting the application???

I did some assessment that was given at the end of the application. It was a long one but was part of the app process. Nothing from AA other than they have received my app.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

flygirl12345 in Omaha, Nebraska

36 months ago

Does Anyone Know American Airlines Number im trying to log into My account and it locked me out and told me contact HR.. HELP anyone?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Jay_89 in Clarksville, Tennessee

36 months ago

Just so you guys know they are also taking apps for the F/A position on the US side also.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Ohio

36 months ago

Flygirl12345 in Omaha, Nebraska said: Does Anyone Know American Airlines Number im trying to log into My account and it locked me out and told me contact HR.. HELP anyone?

I did that to last night got locked out you have to wait 12-24 hrs to try again if not try this
projectsupport@assess-systems.com

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Ohio

36 months ago

Jay_89 in Clarksville, Tennessee said: Just so you guys know they are also taking apps for the F/A position on the US side also.

Wonderful that is good news.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Ohio

36 months ago

FYI from a source AA may be having 30 classes in 2015 maybe a current FA can confirm this:)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

flygirl12345 in Omaha, Nebraska

36 months ago

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Ohio said: I did that to last night got locked out you have to wait 12-24 hrs to try again if not try this
projectsupport@assess-systems.com

I dont even Remember my password. I even tried making different accounts but it wont let me do anything ! !:( ive been Tweeting AA to see if they can help!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

European FA in HNL, Hawaii

36 months ago

Flygirl12345 in Omaha, Nebraska said: I dont even Remember my password. I even tried making different accounts but it wont let me do anything ! !:( ive been Tweeting AA to see if they can help!

Here the number for AA Technical Support (One Eight Hundred Two Two Two Two Three Seven Seven)...Good Luck & keep us posted with your progress.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

European FA in HNL, Hawaii

36 months ago

Pamela Topping in Cordova, Tennessee said: I did some assessment that was given at the end of the application. It was a long one but was part of the app process. Nothing from AA other than they have received my app.

Thank You:)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Chi-town ORD in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

Does anyone have the number for talent services for American Airlines? I need it asap.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Chi-town ORD in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

European FA in HNL, Hawaii said: Actually it's for the best interest of everyone if we all stay focused and work as a team in this forum....meaning it's best to keep it all in 1 place. Thank You:)

I agree. I would prefer to continue on this forum than spread to another forum.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

European FA in HNL, Hawaii

36 months ago

Chi-town ORD in Chicago, Illinois said: Does anyone have the number for talent services for American Airlines? I need it asap.

If you like to post an email then I be glad to send you a phone number.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

SkyCap24 in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

Flybybirdie in Tampa, Florida said: I recently applied with Delta and was not selected. I am thinking of applying with American Airlines, does anyone know if you must reside in your base city or can you commute?

Hello Flybirdie, it is not required that you actually reside in your base city. You have the option to commute to/from the base to work. However, as a new-hire, commuting can be difficult at times. I'd advise finding a crash-pad in base (a place where you and other FAs/airline employees stay during times when you're working or on-call). It makes life much easier and less stressful as you become familiar with the job and commuting itself. There are usually a multitude of crash-pad options within each base city. Some people might not look too favorably upon crash-pad situations, but I can tell you - from personal experience - that the right crash-pad can yield far greater benefits than just providing room and board that's in close proximity to work. Do your research and don't be afraid to ask questions. APPLY NOW, and good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Flybybirdie in Tampa, Florida

36 months ago

SkyCap24 in Dallas, Texas said: Hello Flybirdie, it is not required that you actually reside in your base city. You have the option to commute to/from the base to work. However, as a new-hire, commuting can be difficult at times. I'd advise finding a crash-pad in base (a place where you and other FAs/airline employees stay during times when you're working or on-call). It makes life much easier and less stressful as you become familiar with the job and commuting itself. There are usually a multitude of crash-pad options within each base city. Some people might not look too favorably upon crash-pad situations, but I can tell you - from personal experience - that the right crash-pad can yield far greater benefits than just providing room and board that's in close proximity to work. Do your research and don't be afraid to ask questions. APPLY NOW, and good luck to you!

Thank you so much for the information

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

SkyCap24 in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

Flybybirdie in Tampa, Florida said: Thank you so much for the information

Anytime! :-)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

kileykittykelly in Visalia, California

36 months ago

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Ohio said: Good luck to you as well From HNL I grew up there and used to be a greeter at the airport way before 911

Dawn?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Ohio

36 months ago

kileykittykelly in Visalia, California said: Dawn?

LOL yess I trying again. I just cannot let my dream and goal to slip awasy, I will never give up.So I am believing hoping this round I will be seen as a great fit

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

FlightAttendantAA in Denver, Colorado

36 months ago

Does anyone know what the current reserve schedule is (before the contract).
I'm also wondering what the difference is between getting hired at AA or at USair...?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

gyu in Corona, California

36 months ago

does anyone know how much international flying a newbie would get? And how likely a newbie would get an LA base?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Jay_89 in Clarksville, Tennessee

36 months ago

gyu in Corona, California said: does anyone know how much international flying a newbie would get? And how likely a newbie would get an LA base?

Unless your a speaker that gets placed in int'l starting out, don't expect much. You have a better chance getting one of those trips on reserve otherwise.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

gyu in Corona, California

36 months ago

what about an LA base? Anyone know?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Jay_89 in Clarksville, Tennessee

36 months ago

gyu in Corona, California said: what about an LA base? Anyone know?

It's SUPER senior so be prepared to be on reserve for a LONG time. Also you have to cover 3 airports.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

BornToFly in Portland, Oregon

36 months ago

I applied w/AA on 10/1 and with US Airways on 10/4 and am *so* hoping to get good news at some point from either. If anyone has insight as to the subsequent steps (could we possibly expect a phone interview, then a F2F, etc.), it would be much appreciated. Best of luck to everyone in your pursuits to earn your wings. :-)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Avon, Ohio

36 months ago

BornToFly in Portland, Oregon said: I applied w/AA on 10/1 and with US Airways on 10/4 and am *so* hoping to get good news at some point from either. If anyone has insight as to the subsequent steps (could we possibly expect a phone interview, then a F2F, etc.), it would be much appreciated. Best of luck to everyone in your pursuits to earn your wings. :-)

Borntofly hiiiiii
Next would be invite to video interview if they are interested in us and then if we pass it is f2f. I applied AA Oct 2 Good luck to you

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

pamelatopping in Cordova, Tennessee

36 months ago

Has anyone received correspondence from them since applying? All I have is the notification they received my application. Not sure how quickly they progress thru this.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Jay_89 in Clarksville, Tennessee

36 months ago

Pamela Topping in Cordova, Tennessee said: Has anyone received correspondence from them since applying? All I have is the notification they received my application. Not sure how quickly they progress thru this.

Be patient. The process can take quite of bit of time. It took 7 months from my initial application until I went to training and there are people I know whose timeline is over a year long, so patience is definitely key. It's definitely worth it in the end though.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

pamelatopping in Cordova, Tennessee

36 months ago

Jay_89 in Clarksville, Tennessee said: Be patient. The process can take quite of bit of time. It took 7 months from my initial application until I went to training and there are people I know whose timeline is over a year long, so patience is definitely key. It's definitely worth it in the end though.

I appreciate it - Delta works much quicker - I just wanted an idea of how quickly this airline works. Thank you & I so agree. Patience is key.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

FlyBoy in Miami, Florida

36 months ago

Good luck to everyone! I applied on October 2nd! Do you guys think it's ok to edit your submission if you want to change something small? It's very easy to on the webpage!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

European FA in HNL, Hawaii

36 months ago

FlyBoy in Miami, Florida said: Good luck to everyone! I applied on October 2nd! Do you guys think it's ok to edit your submission if you want to change something small? It's very easy to on the webpage!

Suggestion only/ the final decision is yours.......if it's your general profile section(phone number, email, etc) then it should be fine....otherwise if it's your original application then I would leave it alone until it's time to make the necessary changes on the step of "Online application" which is after passing the video interview.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

European FA in HNL, Hawaii

36 months ago

Here is a link for the new AA B787-9 Dreamliner which will be our new office in the high skies of our new career as FA's of AA. There are posts of the building the 1st AA Dreamliner on AA facebook...search for those dates (9/12...9/15...9/22...9/29...10/6).

aviationblog.dallasnews.com/tag/boeing-787/

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

marcsflyguy78 in Orlando, Florida

36 months ago

Does anyone know the current timeline of events for an American Airlines FA going through the hiring process?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

BAARFBAG in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

SkyCap24 in Dallas, Texas said: HEY! With all due respect, I believe your assessment of the Tentative Agreement (TA) might not be entirely correct. To my knowledge, the complete agreement has not yet been issued, only highlights of certain areas of the proposed contract. Customarily, Initial Training has been UNPAID, with only provisions of transportation, room and board. The newly released TA highlights don't state that initial training will be paid at $75 per day. That only includes continued/recurrent training. At this point?, we do not yet know if there will be any monetary compensation for initial training, but I'm inclined to believe that it will be as it always has been. On a brighter note, all indications suggest that the new contract is 'industry leading', especially as it relates to new-hires and reserve FAs.

The tentative agreement was issued on Friday, 10/3/2014. Roadshows are currently underway.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

BAARFBAG in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

The tentative agreement was issued on Friday, 10/3/2014. Roadshows are currently underway.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

BAARFBAG in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

FlightAttendantHopeful in Denver, Colorado said: Does anyone have any info on the reserve structure at AA? I'm hoping it will change to be more like delta......

Does anyone have any info regarding their bid process, or if they have a minimum hours? Thanks!

American Airlines proposed tentative agreement, issued on 10/3/2014, but not yet approved, will require 40 hours of service every month. You cannot schedule yourself for less than 40 hours. Also proposed on the AA side for bidding is a new bidding system called preferential bidding. All bidding is still seniority based. PBS will make it more difficult for junior FA's hold international flying. Having read the entire tentative agreement and being familiar with Delta, I can say that the proposals on the AA side are NOTHING like Delta.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

apatinar in New York, New York

36 months ago

BAARFBAG in Dallas, Texas said: The tentative agreement was issued on Friday, 10/3/2014 . Roadshows are currently underway.

What is a roadshow?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

apatinar in New York, New York said: What is a roadshow?

Sort of surprised no one has answered you but maybe we don't have too many experienced union people here.
If the MEC (Master Executive Council) has recommended passage of a tentative agreement then members of the council and the locals will go to the different bases and put on a dog and pony show for all the workers (F/A's in this case) to answer questions and sell the agreement. It's basically just PR. And rarely if it's critical enough there could be a company side to the show.

Oh and European FA; it's actually a 787-8 that AA is getting right now but who's counting, right.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

European FA in HNL, Hawaii

36 months ago

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California said:
Oh and European FA; it's actually a 787-8 that AA is getting right now but who's counting, right.

Thank You for joining this forum as your experience will be beneficial.

Do you know how many crew members needed for B787???

Here is new link to the latest info regarding different types of B787 on order for AA.

worldairlinenews.com/tag/boeing-787-8/

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

European FA in HNL, Hawaii said: Thank You for joining this forum as your experience will be beneficial.

Do you know how many crew members needed for B787???
Here is new link to the latest info regarding different types of B787 on order for AA.
worldairlinenews.com/tag/boeing-787-8/

Ha yeh much experience, over 48 yrs. but none of it as a F/A. Most of it as a pilot so I got to talk to the F/A's.
I am semi retired but still work part time.
I "try" and stay out of the exclusive F/A hiring but it's hard sometimes as I have actually been on hiring committees in the past (not for F/A's). And contract negotiating committee's.
But as for industry stuff, I've lived through it all.
Now just by happenstance I happened to see in the UAL FAOM that the FAA F/A Min crew for their 787-8 is 7.
But the FAA minimum and the Company min staffing can be different.
Good Luck, AA will obviously be a major player and you can't beat their pedigree (I know I used to work there back in the day).

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Dreamsofbeinga-AAFA in Avon, Ohio

36 months ago

AAinmyheart in Richmond, Virginia said: Hi Dreams!
It's nice to read your posts. I too am on round two for applying with AA (three if you count USAir)! I worked for AA on the ground a LONG TIME AGO (prior to 9/11) and am hopeful to return to something I love! I also applied on 10/2......Best of luck to you!

Thank you AAinmyheart- I like your name:)
Best of luck as well and hopefully soon be a welcome back to AA

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

European FA in HNL, Hawaii

36 months ago

FlightAAtendant in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Any current AA FA's can clarify this point on the new TA:

Improves or maintains ability to pick up time above guarantee up to 12 days.

If you're on your RSV month, can you still pick up trips on your days off? And what does the "up to 12 days" mean?

YES, You can pick up trips on your Reserve month on your OFF days.
Improve or Maintain...my understanding is if for example 1 side has these days less than 12 OFF days on Reserve lines then it maintains and the other carrier has less then it improves. As far as I know AA Reserves lines are built w/12 OFF days and US Airways Reserve lines have 11 OFF days.
My understanding of "up to 12 days" is you can pick up trips during all your OFF days as long as you meet the required FAA Rest period which I believe is 24hr/7 days.

I hope any current AA FA who reads this forum to share their thoughts and please clarify if I am wrong...Thank You:)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

lisajokster in Fort Myers, Florida

36 months ago

Does anyone know what questions they ask you on the video interview!!!!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.