American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (601 to 650 of 54091)
Page:  « First « Previous   10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next »   Last »

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

20 months ago

Future FA 72 in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi everyone, how is everyone doing? I am thinking about starting a FB page so we all can keep in touch with each other. Anyone interested?

www.facebook.com/AAPotentialFlightAttendants
Someone did it earlier.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Need to be BLUE in New York, New York

20 months ago

LAX in los angeles, California said: HELP PLEASE HELP

I have to go to work. I don'e know what I should do. I finished the resume and different sections of the application but I need to know about the assessment.

Is it possible to get the assessment done later today?
How many questions were there on the assessment / how long is the assessment??

Thanks!!!

You can save your application as a draft and complete it any time before Wed I believe 9pm.

FRENCHCABINCREW in Las Vegas, Nevada

20 months ago

Well i applye for french but i speak spnish italian portuguese and japonese do i hve to apply per language?????? i got an email like evryne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kimmi0427

20 months ago

DO it and please friend me. KIM ANDERSON MOORE

kimmi0427

20 months ago

u check each box of the languages u speak

LAX in los angeles, California

20 months ago

Need to be BLUE in New York, New York said: You can save your application as a draft and complete it any time before Wed I believe 9pm.

Thanks. How long is the assessment and is it timed???

CJ in The Colony, Texas

20 months ago

Anyone in Dallas area applying, I applied and received my confirmation. Good luck to us all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CJ in The Colony, Texas

20 months ago

LAX in los angeles, California said: Thanks. How long is the assessment and is it timed???

It took me about 45 minutes to complete it, no time limit.

20 months ago

CJ in The Colony, Texas said: It took me about 45 minutes to complete it, no time limit.

Did you do it via the second window or did you do the email?

CJ in The Colony, Texas

20 months ago

Need to be BLUE in New York, New York said: Did you do it via the second window or did you do the email?

I applied through the second.

20 months ago

CJ in The Colony, Texas said: I applied through the second.

When submitting did you get a conformational that the questionnaire was sent, and did you have to long back in after you completed it? sorry for all the questions.

justcheckingin in Riverdale, Illinois

20 months ago

If you do not get the assessment then it means you do not qualify.

Purser in Vancouver, Washington

20 months ago

To all who apply, "best of luck" and "positive vibes" that we all receive the opportunity to interview.
Tail winds and happy landings.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CJ in The Colony, Texas

20 months ago

Need to be BLUE in New York, New York said: When submitting did you get a conformational that the questionnaire was sent, and did you have to long back in after you completed it? sorry for all the questions.

Yes I received the confirmation then logged out and back in to submit.

Sjacquem

20 months ago

Just finished! The excitement is building for sure! Good luck everyone!!! Hope to meet you all in the Jan. class;)

20 months ago

CJ in The Colony, Texas said: Yes I received the confirmation then logged out and back in to submit.

I never received a conformation after doing the questionnaire. after completing it I pressed submit then went on to the home page and log back in. #ohboy

20 months ago

I got a conformation after I submitted the whole application not the questionnaire.

world travelerFL in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

20 months ago

Where it says Professional Associations ? Is that where you put References or is that something else ? I left it blank...

Meinanutshell in New York, New York

20 months ago

Good luck everyone!

20 months ago

Can you application be submitted if your questionnaire is not complete?

Meinanutshell in New York, New York

20 months ago

Need to be BLUE in New York, New York said: Can you application be submitted if your questionnaire is not complete?

No. When you fill out the app it gives you the option to fill out the questionnaire later. If I'm not mistaken the application is not complete unless the questionnaire is done (along with submitting the application itself).

20 months ago

Meinanutshell in New York, New York said: No. When you fill out the app it gives you the option to fill out the questionnaire later. If I'm not mistaken the application is not complete unless the questionnaire is done (along with submitting the application itself).

Thanks, it just wasn't sitting with me well that the questionnaire was on a different page and gave no official confirmation of it.

CJ in The Colony, Texas

20 months ago

world travelerFL in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Where it says Professional Associations ? Is that where you put References or is that something else ? I left it blank...

This is usually the spot for professional licenses you hold like, notary, realtor or CPA.

EWRFA in New Jersey

20 months ago

Need to be BLUE in New York, New York said: Thanks, it just wasn't sitting with me well that the questionnaire was on a different page and gave no official confirmation of it.

Same thing with me---completed the survey through the separate email link to it. I haven't received confirmation that they received it, but when I went back into it, in case it didn't submit, it said I already completed it. I'm a little worried, though, since I haven't received the email from AA directly saying "thanks for applying, etc."

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia

20 months ago

Hi everyone,

My name is Tonya and I am currently a flight attendant with another major airline. I just applied to American and just wanted to get others opinions on a few things:

1. Do you think we will be flying SOLELY domestic? Or do you think we will also be doing international?

2. I heard a rumor that the starting hourly wage will only be $17.25 an hour. How does everyone feel about that? That is very low compared to all of the other airlines. (At my current airline I started at $21.00, at the regional I worked for before I started at $18.00.)

3. Is anyone scared about AA merging with USAir and then just getting furloughed?

4. Where do you think we will be based? Do you think we will get to choose or do you think we will all get assigned to DFW? If we get to choose, which bases do you think will be open for us?

Let's get some good conversation going!

Good luck to everyone who applied :)

Willie Gonzalez in Middle island, New York

20 months ago

The American Airlines interview is by invitation and only after an applicant has successfully completed either an online recruitment form at aacareers.com.

The applicant may then undergo a telephone interview and be invited to an interview at American Airlines headquarters in Dallas/ Fort Worth. *Please note that some applicants will not be required to complete a telephone pre-screen and will go straight to the interview in Dallas/ Fort Worth. This decision is based on each individual application.

Telephone pre-interview: A convenient time for the applicant will be set up in advance and an American Airlines recruiting representative will call the applicant at the designated time. Be sure you are free of all other activities before taking the call! You must be able to concentrate fully on the conversation with the recruiter. This is considered an important portion of your interview!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

TravelBeetle in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia said: Hi everyone,

My name is Tonya and I am currently a flight attendant with another major airline. I just applied to American and just wanted to get others opinions on a few things:

1. Do you think we will be flying SOLELY domestic? Or do you think we will also be doing international?

2. I heard a rumor that the starting hourly wage will only be $17.25 an hour. How does everyone feel about that? That is very low compared to all of the other airlines. (At my current airline I started at $21.00, at the regional I worked for before I started at $18.00.)

3. Is anyone scared about AA merging with USAir and then just getting furloughed?

4. Where do you think we will be based? Do you think we will get to choose or do you think we will all get assigned to DFW? If we get to choose, which bases do you think will be open for us?

Can I ask which major you're with? Just wondering if I should wait until certain other ones are hiring. Thanks and good luck.

EWRFA in New Jersey

20 months ago

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia said: Hi everyone,

Just my opinion, but I kind of doubt a major international airline would hire FAs solely for domestic. That starting pay sounds awfully low, especially for a major, but I will wait and see the official word from AA on that. I doubt anyone has a clue about bases since, as I'm sure you know, operational needs of airlines are constantly changing. Also, base transfers are always an option as some point. The possible merger with USAir does concern me, but any airline can have furloughs at any time, so to me it's just another part of the airline business---that stuff is out of my control!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Just my opinion, but I kind of doubt a major international airline would hire FAs solely for domestic. That starting pay sounds awfully low, especially for a major, but I will wait and see the official word from AA on that. I doubt anyone has a clue about bases since, as I'm sure you know, operational needs of airlines are constantly changing. Also, base transfers are always an option as some point. The possible merger with USAir does concern me, but any airline can have furloughs at any time, so to me it's just another part of the airline business---that stuff is out of my control!

I am somewhat concerned, after reading over the past 10yrs, how many times AA furloughed and brought back, and then furloughed the jr people. I too wondered if US and AA merge, if you would be more assured of a job if you were on the US side?? Tough call.

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Just my opinion, but I kind of doubt a major international airline would hire FAs solely for domestic. That starting pay sounds awfully low, especially for a major, but I will wait and see the official word from AA on that. I doubt anyone has a clue about bases since, as I'm sure you know, operational needs of airlines are constantly changing. Also, base transfers are always an option as some point. The possible merger with USAir does concern me, but any airline can have furloughs at any time, so to me it's just another part of the airline business---that stuff is out of my control!

EWRFA,

The newhires will be trained for both domestic and international, that is why the training will be 8 1/2 weeks. The fence between domestic and international flying will come down to mirror US Airways' flying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Same thing with me---completed the survey through the separate email link to it. I haven't received confirmation that they received it, but when I went back into it, in case it didn't submit, it said I already completed it. I'm a little worried, though, since I haven't received the email from AA directly saying "thanks for applying, etc."

I got the conformation that my application on a whole was submitted at the end when I logged back in. You got nothing at all? If not I think you should go back and check maybe you never submitted it.

EWRFA in New Jersey

20 months ago

Need to be BLUE in New York, New York said: I got the conformation that my application on a whole was submitted at the end when I logged back in. You got nothing at all? If not I think you should go back and check maybe you never submitted it.

Yes, I got that, but no confirmation about that last assessment from the outside company.

EWRFA in New Jersey

20 months ago

I figured it would be both domestic and international and furloughs are always part of the equation and am willing to take my chances. I'm on furlough now from another airline, and never thought it would happen, but this industry is sooo unpredictable.

Starting

20 months ago

I just applied and received the ": Process completedThank you for sending us your online job submission. If your employment profile corresponds to our requirements, a member of our human resources department will contact you. " at the end of the process, however I never received an email... Yet when I look at the job page it says application complete??? Did anyone else have this? Or did everyone get an email?

20 months ago

TravelBeetle in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I am somewhat concerned, after reading over the past 10yrs, how many times AA furloughed and brought back, and then furloughed the jr people. I too wondered if US and AA merge, if you would be more assured of a job if you were on the US side?? Tough call.

Yes, it is a tough call but there are a few things to consider:
1. The 450 FAs to be hired by US Airways in 2013 is for normal attrition. 155 will go to PHX and the rest will be split between PHL and CLT.
2. The 1500+ that American are hiring in 2013 is to replace the voluntary separation recently offered. To date, more than 2500 FAs have taken the separation package which includes 40K and flight/medical/dental package. It's a very attractive offer. The newhires will come in at half the cost to American.
3. The merger announcement is something that we all expect to happen soon, hopefully by the end of January when AA's extension for reorganization expires.
4. US Airways has promised the AA unions that it will save at least 6000 of the 11,000 jobs to be cut by AA. Most of the jobs lost will not be crew. Furloughs are always a possibility but US Airways has always been fair in that department. AA has not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mariajose in Mcallen, Texas

20 months ago

Hello all, I received this email after I applied;

We've received your resume/profile for the *Flight Attendant position.

Need to view or change your resume/profile? Simply click here to access your candidate file in our Career system.

Thanks for your interest in joining the American Airlines team.

People Department
American Airlines

Many of you are stating otherwise, with that said many of you got a different kind of email. Was there something I might have forgotten? If so, what was it so that I can go back and edit/or start over. Please let me know thanks,

Mariajose

love is in the air in New York, New York

20 months ago

I wonder if training is paid because it didn't give any information. I am an Italian speaker, should I apply for both positions (speaker and non speaker)?

mariajose in Mcallen, Texas

20 months ago

love is in the air in New York, New York said: I wonder if training is paid because it didn't give any information. I am an Italian speaker, should I apply for both positions (speaker and non speaker)?

I would think you should.
I for myself applied for Spanish speaking and non-speaker.

fsumom in wesley chapel, Florida

20 months ago

Starting said: I just applied and received the ": Process completedThank you for sending us your online job submission. If your employment profile corresponds to our requirements, a member of our human resources department will contact you. " at the end of the process, however I never received an email... Yet when I look at the job page it says application complete??? Did anyone else have this? Or did everyone get an email?

I did receive a confirmation email also after the thank you for your application.

20 months ago

love is in the air in New York, New York said: I wonder if training is paid because it didn't give any information. I am an Italian speaker, should I apply for both positions (speaker and non speaker)?

Training is unpaid and hotel is provided. You should apply to both postings as they are two different positions. Good luck.

20 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Yes, I got that, but no confirmation about that last assessment from the outside company.

Oh okay, I guess its normal then IDK!

GoodBye APFA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

20 months ago

@Miranda- hopefully if there was a merge between US-AA a new agreement would come to term regarding Foreign Nationals. Something on the order of- they will be letting the FN’s go before involuntary furloughing United States employees again. Something the current union has never brought to the table- most likely because they received hush money under the table to not ever question the FN’s. There are quite of few FN’s at AA flying very nice trips to Deep South America out of MIA.

Sjacquem

20 months ago

I am also in the same boat as many of you. I also received the confirmation email that they received my application that I submitted. What assessment from an outside agency are some of you talking about? Please help!

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia

20 months ago

So true on all accounts! I am so curious about so many things. I guess we will just have to wait and see :)

20 months ago

mariajose in Mcallen, Texas said: Hello all, I received this email after I applied;

We've received your resume/profile for the *Flight Attendant position.

Need to view or change your resume/profile? Simply click here to access your candidate file in our Career system.

Thanks for your interest in joining the American Airlines team.

People Department
American Airlines

Many of you are stating otherwise, with that said many of you got a different kind of email. Was there something I might have forgotten? If so, what was it so that I can go back and edit/or start over. Please let me know thanks,

Mariajose

I got the same email.

EWRFA in New Jersey

20 months ago

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia said: So true on all accounts! I am so curious about so many things. I guess we will just have to wait and see :)

Yup, hoping to at least get an interview!

msconcordflyer in Dallas, Texas

20 months ago

I know that those that applied internal will probaly be first hired? On the web site it says could take month/monthes before hearing anything,if you have language skills but not fluent but conversationally& can read will that be subject to a language test, I put down in customer service my French& swedish,was a nanny back years but can still converse?

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

20 months ago

Starting said: I just applied and received the ": Process completedThank you for sending us your online job submission. If your employment profile corresponds to our requirements, a member of our human resources department will contact you. " at the end of the process, however I never received an email... Yet when I look at the job page it says application complete??? Did anyone else have this? Or did everyone get an email?

I also have not received an email confirmation. I am worried that maybe due to an old email address in my profile from when I applied for another position a few years ago. It says that my new e-mail is in my profile but the old one refuses to be edited! UGH! Funny as it also will not allow me to email my profile to me or print it either. Could it be a pop up blocking Taleo?

So, I am not sure what is going on. Help Anyone? I would appreciate any suggestions!

20 months ago

msconcordflyer in Dallas, Texas said: I know that those that applied internal will probaly be first hired? On the web site it says could take month/monthes before hearing anything,if you have language skills but not fluent but conversationally& can read will that be subject to a language test, I put down in customer service my French& swedish,was a nanny back years but can still converse?

You will have to pass the LOD, language of Destination test which is oral and written. Some native speakers have not had to take the written test at all.

20 months ago

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Yes, it is a tough call but there are a few things to consider:
1. The 450 FAs to be hired by US Airways in 2013 is for normal attrition. 155 will go to PHX and the rest will be split between PHL and CLT.
2. The 1500+ that American are hiring in 2013 is to replace the voluntary separation recently offered. To date, more than 2500 FAs have taken the separation package which includes 40K and flight/medical/dental package. It's a very attractive offer. The newhires will come in at half the cost to American.
3. The merger announcement is something that we all expect to happen soon, hopefully by the end of January when AA's extension for reorganization expires.
4. US Airways has promised the AA unions that it will save at least 6000 of the 11,000 jobs to be cut by AA. Most of the jobs lost will not be crew. Furloughs are always a possibility but US Airways has always been fair in that department. AA has not.

Thanks for the info/advice!

Page:  « First « Previous   10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.