American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1801 to 1850 of 54892)
Page:  « First « Previous   34  35  36  37  38  39  40  Next »   Last »

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: Interview is private. 3 interviews to pass total all in one day. All or former or current FA's. you only see an HR person when they are offering you the position. First 2 interviews are one on one. The 3rd is with 2 people. I wore a black suit from express. Pencil pants and a white crisp button down with a matching black suit jacket. No hose and pointy black shoes with about a 4 inch heel. Had my hard down and curled for the first part of the interview and it's in Houston so the humidity was awful. I ended up throwing it in a ponytail (lol) by the end of the day. I did notice that the last few to be called were all the ones that got the CJO. So if it's you and like 4 others at like 4:30 pm..I would say that's a good thing. I interviewed with a man the first time and a woman the second time. and Both gender on the 3rd time.

In the first interview, they make you read an announcement too. Also, when they give you a piece of paper to read in your head not out loud...that is a great sign!!! SInce when you are interviewing in the big room..you can hear others being interviwewed right next to you. It was VERY distracting and I was embarassed for this girl next to me in the cubicle...poor dear was a hot mess! Just focus on your person and tune out the noise, it will help.

And finally, when they tell you something and tell you to keep it private..DO JUST THAT. If you tell someone else it may disqualify you. If other candidates are going to the airport that didn't make it to round 2 or 3 ask how yours went? Be discrete.

Mara! That's so awesome.

You're amazing for sharing all this.

ps... its gotta be discrete to people that ask, "how did it go?".... what do u say??? haha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin

39 months ago

Thanks for listening to my rant everyone. It helped distract me from the FACT that I have to do my phone interview tonite when my hubby gets home. AGHHHH!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Santa Monica, California

39 months ago

LoboMary in St. Charles, Illinois said: Yes, 5 years ago but I don't think that's really a big advantage. I'm sure they're looking for sharp young people eager to relocate and work for them. If you're in your 20s let them know that you can do the job and go above and beyond. Stress any customer service no matter what it was ( lawn work, fast food ) you take pride in giving the best service & always safety conscious.

Only sharp YOUNG people in their 20s? Gosh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PR Traveler in New York, New York

39 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: Thanks! It's in my blood..that's how I am:)

I was thinking on doing a draft with my interview answers and email it to you so you can prov me feedback! What you think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

PR Traveler in New York, New York said: Mara!!! Im glad you still helping people with this!!! You are a very good person!! Thats said a lot about you!!!! To be honest I will keep you in my dpt as well lol

Thanks for all the good advice!

Purser in Vancouver, Washington

39 months ago

AA12 in Boston, Massachusetts said: Ok so I'm nervous about a Question they asked. It was about a lady that was having an issue traveling that day. The way I interpreted the question was not providing a solution to the issue but by giving my idea about what that situation meant to me in my eyes. I'm so nervous now looking back on it!!! Does anyone have any insight to this?!

I have been told that we are not to discuss the specifics of the questions on this site as recruiters are monitoring it and it defeats the authenticity of the process. However, I would not worry about your interpretation of your question, I think you are fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California said: Mara! That's so awesome.

You're amazing for sharing all this.

ps... its gotta be discrete to people that ask, "how did it go?".... what do u say??? haha

I said I hope it went ok and they will let me know just like you. Meanwhile the whole bus was on it's way home to the airport. I pretended to go home too:( Went through security...ate overly expensive airport food and caught my shuttle to go back for round 2 90 minutes later LOL

I was undercover lol;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Purser in Vancouver, Washington said: Just did my phone interview, it was very straightforward and quite simplistic (no trick questions). Good luck to those yet to take theirs, or those waiting to receive the email. I think that this process AA is using is pretty thorough, and hoping that it translates to the majority of those being invited to a F/F, being actually invited to training too since the pre-selection process is so thorough.
Remember everyone, they are looking for a lot of people, so many will still be contacted, don't loose faith!

Thanks Purser! I feel better. I always do this. I freak out uo until showtime and once I get going I am totally fine. Ugh. I need to chill..

39 months ago

Purser in Vancouver, Washington said: Just did my phone interview, it was very straightforward and quite simplistic (no trick questions). Good luck to those yet to take theirs, or those waiting to receive the email. I think that this process AA is using is pretty thorough, and hoping that it translates to the majority of those being invited to a F/F, being actually invited to training too since the pre-selection process is so thorough.
Remember everyone, they are looking for a lot of people, so many will still be contacted, don't loose faith!

Thanks,and good luck to you!

39 months ago

PR Traveler in New York, New York said: I was thinking on doing a draft with my interview answers and email it to you so you can prov me feedback! What you think?

Sounds good! I'm game..:))

PR Traveler in New York, New York

39 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: Sounds good! I'm game..:))

Thanks!!! Means a lot to me!!! I will wear a big sign on my interview saying "brought to you by Mara"

39 months ago

PR Traveler in New York, New York said: Thanks!!! Means a lot to me!!! I will wear a big sign on my interview saying "brought to you by Mara"

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

BundleofJoy in Oak Park, Illinois

39 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: I said I hope it went ok and they will let me know just like you. Meanwhile the whole bus was on it's way home to the airport. I pretended to go home too:( Went through security...ate overly expensive airport food and caught my shuttle to go back for round 2 90 minutes later LOL

I was undercover lol;)

Did they give u a time to come back??? That's probably a good idea to go back to the airport. The second and third interviews are at the same location?? Or diff location??

39 months ago

Ok, so let's talk about bases!! If by Gods grace I somehow get this position, I would bid for ORD (Chicago). How about you guys??

Letsfly in San Diego, California

39 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: Ok, so let's talk about bases!! If by Gods grace I somehow get this position, I would bid for ORD (Chicago). How about you guys??

I want one of the most senior bases, LAX. lol

39 months ago

BundleofJoy in Oak Park, Illinois said: Did they give u a time to come back??? That's probably a good idea to go back to the airport. The second and third interviews are at the same location?? Or diff location??

Yes, they give you a time on a piece of paper that you HAVE to read in your head..not out loud LOL! Then you go back to the same big room! And more waiting, interviews are a little bit longer. At one point inbetween the 2nd and 3rd interview. I was so confused. I didn't know what was going on. Recruiters pulling me fastly into a room I didn't even know was a room, my situational awareness was all off..haha..

jiggy_j in Charlotte, North Carolina

39 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: Ok, so let's talk about bases!! If by Gods grace I somehow get this position, I would bid for ORD (Chicago). How about you guys??

LGA or JFK (New York City)...good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

newtoChicago12 in Shaumburg, Illinois

39 months ago

I would love Miami. I need the warm Florida weather and beaches. Lol I'm praying..:)

KAS Colorado

39 months ago

Me too, close to beaches would be great. MIA or DFW. :) It's fun to think about!

39 months ago

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California said: yes. I used to work for United a while back...

I took a break for a different career but now Im back and i miss flying so much! I can't wait.

Hey Jazz, where were you based with UAL? I was in SFO.

39 months ago

Letsfly in San Diego, California said: I want one of the most senior bases, LAX. lol

Hi...if LAX is one of the most senior bases, does that mean I would have little or no chance of being based there right off the bat? I live in Santa Monica, CA. Of course, I could relocate or maybe commute, but, just wondering...

futurefly787 in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

just got the email for the phone interview as well, I applied on the 5th for a speaker position, no previous experience as a f/a. Good luck to all!

Keyaira

39 months ago

newtoChicago12 in Shaumburg, Illinois said: I would love Miami. I need the warm Florida weather and beaches. Lol I'm praying..:)

I've been in Florida my entire life. I would love to switch you! Lol I'm in need of a different atmosphere

39 months ago

Purser in Vancouver, Washington said: Hey Jazz, where were you based with UAL? I was in SFO.

I was based in BOS, then transferred to JFK, then transferred to LAX.

But I flew a lot to SFO! Was always at Van ness and Geary!! :)

39 months ago

I would LOVE LGA, but I wouldn't mind Dallas or Chicago..

smiley in Alexandria, Virginia

39 months ago

i have a question, i got a phone interview email but while they are recording my answer, what if i want to redo? have anyone done this? may i hangup a call then call again? just nervous.

kat in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona said: Yes I agree this business can be a very hard business! I have been flying for a very long time and let me tell you even with my experience I get rejected from us airways and ual. It is very discouraging because you know you are the right one for the job. I have a very ard time with companies that wont give some of us a chance because of experience. I know some of them just want someon that has no experience because it can be harder to train that person. Jo, all I can tell you dont give up eagle is hiring too so maybe that might be a way to get your foot in the door. But also I know people in here and some other airlines and if you would like for me to coach you and help with app or anything please feel free to contact me at jarehead1264@aol.com ..that also goes for anyone else here..I know counting my self we are all on the edge of our seats to find out what the next process is. Did I hear that some of you got a phone interview. I have not gotten mine yet..okay good luck and hang in their guys they just might call you when you least expect it..

Don't give up. But US Airways does hire f/a's that have worked for other airlines.... 95% of each new hire class in 2011 were f/a's - that's 6 classes of 55 to 70 people. I think the last few classes in 2011 ( 7 and 8 ) we mostly new to the industry. Don't give up hope. (-:

TEP23 in Alexandria, Virginia

39 months ago

bmjones in Valdosta, Georgia said: I am just scared. I am only 20 so I am afraid thats going to affect me. Also, I havent had a phone call or email. Will they notify you by phone if not chosen?

Being 20 is not necessarily going to work against you. Last time Delta hired they hired a lot of younger 20 somethings. They wanted to get some fresh blood into the system. :) Hopefully American will have a similar mindset. Most of the older new hires were LODs or had come with some good employee referrals.

That being said, if there's one thing I've learned in this industry its that there is no such thing as "too old". At my current airline we have lots of people in their late 50's/60's. Most of them are awesome to fly with. A few of them are applying at American to continue a career they love. Age really doesn't matter as long as you can keep up with the lifestyle.

One thing I noticed at my last airline interview that may be a good lesson: there were two gate agents trying to transfer to inflight and both of them said something along the lines of "I'm only eighteen so I hope this doesn't work against me." Neither of them advanced to the next round. I was 19 at the time and got hired. Just don't draw too much attention to your age or advertise it as some sort of weakness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

KEW in Greensboro, North Carolina

39 months ago

smiley in Alexandria, Virginia said: i have a question, i got a phone interview email but while they are recording my answer, what if i want to redo? have anyone done this? may i hangup a call then call again? just nervous.

You are given 3 minutes to answer the question AFTER you start talking. So with that being said, when you sit down for the phone interview, keep a pin and paper with you. Jot down some notes after the question is asked. I posted on here about a hour ago with the questions I was asked. Take a look at my posting and think about those questions. But keep in mind that you could be asked different questions. I am sure you will do great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kat in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

Phillll in Rochester, New York said: at delta most people were given at least 3 days before their first flight. Keep in mind you need to leave the training center the day of graduation return home if needed then fly space available to new destination. So that is a lot to do in 3days. Some people had a week but I would say plan on less. Be prepared. We were told about 2 weeks before graduation where we would be based and during that time we tried to find crash pads. Depending on where you end up that may be easy or hard.

Not sure if AA has changed their ways, But in 1991 right after graduation and photos, we were shipped to base on the next flight from DFW - no time to go home we were given a few passes to go home within the 6 month probation period to see family.... It may have changed, But I would take every word as what it says... Immediately, then it means that. Once applicants are offered a CJO, paperwork will be mailed to your home stating all that is expected of you and what to bring to training and what will happen after graduation. Hope this helps. Also start studying only the airport codes AA gives you. Don't overwhelm yourself with ones that they don't provide - just learn what they ask you to. A test may be taken the first day like at US for me in 2011 or 1 week into training at AA in 1991. (-:

39 months ago

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California said: I was based in BOS, then transferred to JFK, then transferred to LAX.

But I flew a lot to SFO! Was always at Van ness and Geary!! :)

Who knows, we may have crossed paths :)

Jameson223 in Hollywood, Florida

39 months ago

Well I have still not received a rejection letter or an email for further steps. My app hasn't updated since the 5th. Should I just give up on AA this time?

39 months ago

Jameson223 in Hollywood, Florida said: Well I have still not received a rejection letter or an email for further steps. My app hasn't updated since the 5th. Should I just give up on AA this time?

I wouldn't. I know when I was filling out the application there was a question that asked if you were willing to wait up to several months for a response, due to the overwhelming amount of applications expected. Be patient, they just have not gotten to your application yet. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

phatrina in Dallas, Texas

39 months ago

Jameson223 in Hollywood, Florida said: Well I have still not received a rejection letter or an email for further steps. My app hasn't updated since the 5th. Should I just give up on AA this time?

Same as well.
Mine still says 6th and I haven't received an e mail, rejection / phone interview.
I wish I got the e mail like them who had phone interview. :(

nycflyguy83 in charlotte, North Carolina

39 months ago

So it seems people with no flying experience are getting the phone interview? any other previous flight attendants get the phone interview yet? thanks just curious

39 months ago

nycflyguy83 in charlotte, North Carolina said: So it seems people with no flying experience are getting the phone interview? any other previous flight attendants get the phone interview yet? thanks just curious

I have 4 years as a regional FA and I was contacted today.

Jameson223 in New york, New York

39 months ago

nycflyguy83 in charlotte, North Carolina said: So it seems people with no flying experience are getting the phone interview? any other previous flight attendants get the phone interview yet? thanks just curious

Well I'm an FA now and I haven't gotten anything and my date has not updated since the 5th

italiangirl in Des Plaines, Illinois

39 months ago

I remember reading on the application it stated you may be contacted for a phone interview. I believe they might not be doing phone interviews for everyone. I do not think it means you will not get an interview. Could it be possible they are only doing phone interviews on random applications. It seems hard to believe they would do 15,000 plus phone interviews. Just a thought.

39 months ago

I'm in the same boat with you. I applied on the 5th and my status hasn't been updated since then. While I haven't gotten the email for the phone interview YET I also haven't gotten the rejection email...lets keep hope alive lol

paris in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

no news at this end either. geez

39 months ago

KEW in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I have 4 years as a regional FA and I was contacted today.

I have 10 yrs w/UAL and I was contacted today also. But, many w/no F/A experience are also being contacted so pls don't give up anyone.... right now it's fair game for all!

KAS Colorado

39 months ago

Remember someone posted yesterday that not all applicants who are eventually asked to come to Dallas for a F/F interview will have had a phone interview. If you didn't receive a rejection e-mail, I wouldn't worry about it. I know it's hard, but if they a
re hiring 1500 they will have to interview more than twice that number. So all of us that haven't gotten the e-mail for a phone interview(me included)let's keep positive. It will happen if it's the right time for us. :)

KAS Colorado

39 months ago

KAS Colorado said: Remember someone posted yesterday that not all applicants who are eventually asked to come to Dallas for a F/F interview will have had a phone interview. If you didn't receive a rejection e-mail, I wouldn't worry about it. I know it's hard, but if they are hiring 1500 they will have to interview more than twice that number. So all of us that haven't gotten the e-mail for a phone interview(me included)let's keep positive. It will happen if it's the right time for us. :)

I know, easier said, then done!

39 months ago

KAS Colorado said: Remember someone posted yesterday that not all applicants who are eventually asked to come to Dallas for a F/F interview will have had a phone interview. If you didn't receive a rejection e-mail, I wouldn't worry about it. I know it's hard, but if they a
re hiring 1500 they will have to interview more than twice that number. So all of us that haven't gotten the e-mail for a phone interview(me included)let's keep positive. It will happen if it's the right time for us. :)

*cue applause sign* well said KAS lol : )

Sjacquem in Mooresville, North Carolina

39 months ago

I am in the same boat here too...still nothing. I am only thinking positive thoughts;)
Good luck to all!!!

KAS Colorado

39 months ago

Haaa.....thanks Jiggy! :)

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

How does the whole crash pad thing work? Is there some big list you can get access to find a place? How many people usually stay in one? Is it just a regular apartment and everyone contributes to the rent? Is the crash pad your home base too? I know too many questions but I don't know anyone who is a FA to ask. Thanks in advance.

sole in Garnerville, New York

39 months ago

I was a previous flight attendant and I didn't get information for a phone interview. I did see that my application had been updated as of the 12th of November, but nothing about a phone interview. Did you notice if your application was updated?

sole in Garnerville, New York

39 months ago

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: How does the whole crash pad thing work? Is there some big list you can get access to find a place? How many people usually stay in one? Is it just a regular apartment and everyone contributes to the rent? Is the crash pad your home base too? I know too many questions but I don't know anyone who is a FA to ask. Thanks in advance.

Hi, when I was a flight attendant crash pads were pretty common place. I had one in Kew gardens, which is in Queens Ny. out of training often times FA's who get based together will go in together on an apt. It is usually not a big deal to find space in an already established pad. There are generally two types of crash pads. There is the commuter crash pad which is used for bad weather or early/late sign in, or the reserve pad which is used mainly by junior fa's who are sitting reserve. Hope this shed's some light.

iFlyUAL in Tampa, Florida

39 months ago

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: How does the whole crash pad thing work? Is there some big list you can get access to find a place? How many people usually stay in one? Is it just a regular apartment and everyone contributes to the rent? Is the crash pad your home base too? I know too many questions but I don't know anyone who is a FA to ask. Thanks in advance.

A crashpad is an apartment or hotel that anywhere form 2-8 (sometimes more) flight attendants share and yes contribute to rent. Typically you would want to set this up with the people you get familiar with during training as these are the ones you have some idea about. Otherwise when you report to base, your inflight center will have a posting board where other attendants will be looking for possible roommates.

Page:  « First « Previous   34  35  36  37  38  39  40  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.