American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22501 to 22550 of 54894)
Page:  « First « Previous   448  449  450  451  452  453  454  Next »   Last »

cc in Euclid, Ohio

40 months ago

Sidneyfa in nyc, New York said: Those applying for the new AA fa positions posted remember that you must know how to answer interview questions using the S.T.A.R. method goo.gl/oteUj

Good luck...everyone..

Delta uses the STAR method and is very particular about it. American is much less complicated and a lot more enjoyable : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Starskaters in Las Vegas, Nevada

40 months ago

So after the f2f do they fly you back for the medical and physical test if you make it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Arlington, Virginia

40 months ago

Starskaters in Las Vegas, Nevada said: So after the f2f do they fly you back for the medical and physical test if you make it?

Yes. And if you're LOD they'll test you for that first, then fly you back to Dallas for Medical/Physical.

40 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: Thank you very much Florida

No problem! People have been a huge help to me when I have needed it so anything I can help with I'm happy to do so, just let me know! Good luck :)

40 months ago

And, for what it's worth, I didn't even know what the STAR method was, and I made it, so don't freak out about that too much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Starskaters in Las Vegas, Nevada

40 months ago

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Arlington, Virginia said: Yes. And if you're LOD they'll test you for that first, then fly you back to Dallas for Medical/Physical.

Thank you!

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio

40 months ago

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Arlington, Virginia said: No problem! People have been a huge help to me when I have needed it so anything I can help with I'm happy to do so, just let me know! Good luck :)

Thanks, I was reading the medical, and also about tats, for real as long as one can cover them there is no problem?

The Medical how extincive is it?
I forget how it is to pick or pull something 60 pounds lol
Do you have to move real fast?

Also is it women to women men to men for the medical?

40 months ago

Also here is a thought, not to make us all more nervous, ave you thought if HR has someone who reads posts in discussions and forums like this? LOL

winglet in Texas

40 months ago

fitness fanatic in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Thanks Sapphire, I couldn't imagine 8.5 weeks without working out!

I am not so into fitness but I look forward to staying on a controlled diet and working out while in training. jogging/walking/swimming/ weights and all around getting myself in shape...my past job was extremely stressful and busy...I am excited about training to refresh my mind and body.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Danbury, Connecticut

40 months ago

Got my training packet yesterday! SOO excited Class of 20th, i will be taking off from the forum but ill come back during training to answer any question and try to help out :)

AND AGAIN for those also on the MAY 20TH class , we have a facebook group! Send me an email @ crj600@live.com for an invitation! :)

fitness fanatic in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

40 months ago

Winglet in Texas said: I am not so into fitness but I look forward to staying on a controlled diet and working out while in training. jogging/walking/swimming/ weights and all around getting myself in shape...my past job was extremely stressful and busy...I am excited about training to refresh my mind and body.

Great attitude Winglet, stick to your goal!!!! I am sure training will be stressful, but squeezing in fitness/nutrition somewhere only makes you stronger...
Hopefully someone currently in training or that recently finished can fill us in on fitness options while in training.....
I would like to make a list for all of the airlines including US Airways and Delta UA etc- so if anyone reading this has info on fitness options while training at any other carriers please let us know.
Thanks

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

fitness fanatic in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Great attitude Winglet, stick to your goal!!!! I am sure training will be stressful, but squeezing in fitness/nutrition somewhere only makes you stronger...
Hopefully someone currently in training or that recently finished can fill us in on fitness options while in training.....
I would like to make a list for all of the airlines including US Airways and Delta UA etc- so if anyone reading this has info on fitness options while training at any other carriers please let us know.
Thanks

I was at the training center for my f2f and I saw the gym. It was really nice and big. Treadmills, gliders, weights, tvs. It was nice. I was also shocked to see they had a playroom with an arcade!!! So fun!

SkyHighNY in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

fitness fanatic in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Great attitude Winglet, stick to your goal!!!! I am sure training will be stressful, but squeezing in fitness/nutrition somewhere only makes you stronger...
Thanks

Glad to know there are more fitness fanatics going to training!

fitness fanatic in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

40 months ago

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California said: I was at the training center for my f2f and I saw the gym. It was really nice and big. Treadmills, gliders, weights, tvs. It was nice. I was also shocked to see they had a playroom with an arcade!!! So fun!

Awesome info Jazz! Thanks

40 months ago

fitness fanatic in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Awesome info Jazz! Thanks

LOL yes awesome indeed. and a playroom LOL ahahah
Yes agreed fitness is vital, and eating right during training is so important. I do understand it is very intense too

AlmostintheAir in FTW, Texas

40 months ago

Just re-applied after I bombed out back in December. Anyone else going for round 2?? :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

princessblonde03 in New Jersey

40 months ago

AlmostintheAir in FTW, Texas said: Just re-applied after I bombed out back in December. Anyone else going for round 2?? :)

I'm in for round 2 as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

princessblonde03 in New Jersey said: I'm in for round 2 as well.

I am in first round lol. I am 44 LOL
What did you both learn in round one?

40 months ago

princessblonde03 in New Jersey said: I'm in for round 2 as well.

great! Sooo did u make it to the f2f last time? I did, and it was my very first airline interview. I had no idea what to expect. But since Dec I've been on several. I've gotten two CJO's and have been turned down a few times. Hopefully this time around my experiences will get me the CJO I really want. :)

40 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: I am in first round lol. I am 44 LOL

Hey...I'm 44 as well. :) More power to you!!
I actually learned ALOT!! From the exact way to dress to the exact way to answer the questions.

kileykittykelly in Visalia, California

40 months ago

AlmostintheAir in FTW, Texas said: Hey...I'm 44 as well. :) More power to you!!
I actually learned ALOT!! From the exact way to dress to the exact way to answer the questions.

Please tell us!!

40 months ago

AlmostintheAir in FTW, Texas said: great! Sooo did u make it to the f2f last time? I did, and it was my very first airline interview. I had no idea what to expect. But since Dec I've been on several. I've gotten two CJO's and have been turned down a few times. Hopefully this time around my experiences will get me the CJO I really want. :)

I was not invited to the F2F. I do hope to get the opportunity to attending their F2F. What was the F2F like? Any words of wisdom?

40 months ago

kileykittykelly in Visalia, California said: Please tell us!!

Yes please details LOLs thanks

40 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: I am in first round lol. I am 44 LOL

I only got as far as the phone interview. This time around, I hope to get invited to their F2F this time.

40 months ago

princessblonde03 in New Jersey said: I only got as far as the phone interview. This time around, I hope to get invited to their F2F this time.

What do you think is key in passing phone interview, and do you recall some of the questions. I do understand 6 questions and 3 min to answer all
Thanks and yes good luck all this time round

40 months ago

kileykittykelly in Visalia, California said: Please tell us!!

email me... hollyconway@me.com

40 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: What do you think is key in passing phone interview, and do you recall some of the questions. I do understand 6 questions and 3 min to answer all
Thanks and yes good luck all this time round

I really cant remember the exact questions. I did the phone interview back in December. I really wish I could so I can try to prepare better this time. The questions are just like any questions asked during a F2F. its all about customer service and past experiences with customers and co-workers.

Advise would be to be a specific and clear when answering. don't ramble and listen very carefully to the question(s) they are asking.

40 months ago

AlmostintheAir in FTW, Texas said: email me... hollyconway@me.com

would love some insight too. Feel free to contact me at princessblonde03@gmail.com

thanks!!

40 months ago

princessblonde03 in New Jersey said: I really cant remember the exact questions. I did the phone interview back in December. I really wish I could so I can try to prepare better this time. The questions are just like any questions asked during a F2F. its all about customer service and past experiences with customers and co-workers.

Advise would be to be a specific and clear when answering. don't ramble and listen very carefully to the question(s) they are asking.

Thank you very much. I am so glad for this site too.

40 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: Yes please details LOLs thanks

I guess it's ok to post what I've learned. It's nothing I havn't already read here.
First off....if you get to the f2f, bottom line is to dress EXACTLY like a FA. From the hair down to the type of shoes. TRUST me...they are critiquing you from top to bottom. Hair pulled back, navy or black suit, low heels, and panty hose a must. Also short nails.
As always, SMILE A LOT AND EYE CONTACT A MUST. Outgoing personality, but not over the top where your annoying or fake. Most importantly study the STAR method of answering the questions. If you google it, it gives you tons of stuff to read up on. See, I knew nothing of that back when I interviewed. NO CLUE. Plus I wore the wrong clothes. I looked professional and very classy....but I've since learned they do judge you by your attire. I wore a pencil black skirt and a plum silk blouse with black hose and black patent leather heels...WRONG. HAH...I looked amazing, just not for a FA interview. But I've got my suit ready to go now. and I've learned how to answer the questions in the appropriate manner. So...we shall see. I hope this tiny bit of info helps. :)

40 months ago

Also....stress to them your passion you have for working with people and how much you truly enjoy taking care of people. That's huge. It's a huge thing to convey to them you are a people person and you get people.

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Towson, Maryland

40 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: Also here is a thought, not to make us all more nervous, ave you thought if HR has someone who reads posts in discussions and forums like this? LOL

I did, but honestly I think if I were HR I'd be glad to see the kind of helpful, supportive, encouraging, and polite behavior that I have seen here.

40 months ago

AlmostintheAir in FTW, Texas said: Also....stress to them your passion you have for working with people and how much you truly enjoy taking care of people. That's huge. It's a huge thing to convey to them you are a people person and you get people.

Thank you, Thank you very much.

40 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: Thank you very much. I am so glad for this site too.

Ya...in the phone interview they are also wanting to hear how articulate you are. Aside from answering the questions best you can. Just speak very clear, and do not ramble. Or you will not get past that part. I was standing in a room by myself last time making sure not to be distracted and to be able to speak eloquently.

40 months ago

AlmostintheAir in FTW, Texas said: Also....stress to them your passion you have for working with people and how much you truly enjoy taking care of people. That's huge. It's a huge thing to convey to them you are a people person and you get people.

Is there any chance I can send my resume to you for you to see?
Although I sent in lol
I am very glad for this site, and it is wonderful we can learn, and celebrate for one another too. Also comfort each other as well lol

40 months ago

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Towson, Maryland said: I did, but honestly I think if I were HR I'd be glad to see the kind of helpful, supportive, encouraging, and polite behavior that I have seen here.

I thought that too and got kinda nervous. But I think it would be ok to share our experiences and try to help out our fellow future colleagues.

40 months ago

I found this all

Interview Details – 1 - Applied.
2 - Was given the personality test.
3 - Email to take automated telephone interview (6 Q’s w/ only 3 mins to answer).
4 - Completed the automated telephone interview.
- Q1: What aspects of being a FA do you think would be the most difficult or different from other customer service jobs?
- Q2: AA bases are located in large metropolitan areas, tell me about your experience moving and living in a new city?
- Q3: You are approached by an elderly woman who has just gotten off a flight. She is very upset because her flight was late and she has to get to her daughter's wedding tomorrow. She wants to know why her flight was late and when the next available flight to FLL is. She also wants to know about her luggage because it contains her husbands medications.
Q4: Tell me about a time when you had to handle a situation that would normally be dealt with by a supervisor but there were none available. Describe the details and outcome.
- Q5: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.
- Q6: What excited you about working for AA?
5 - Received call on successfully completing the automated interview also to schedule interview in DFW (aka F2F).

From AA Flight Attendant interview and questions. Googled it

40 months ago

Stinkidog in Toledo, Ohio said: For those of you applying now, take to heart when they say you have to have patience through this process. Save yourself the aggravation and frustration of constantly checking your email. This will most likely take months. Go about your business and put it out of your mind, and when the day comes that you hear from them it will be a very welcome surprise. I applied to Continental 11/2011 and didn't hear back from anyone until 5/2012(it was United at that point). I had pretty much written it off and forgotten about it. Have to keep your sanity in this process.

Yes, I second this. I had legitimately even forgotten that I applied. So, it was very unexpected and surprising to be invited to an interview.

40 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: I found this all

Interview Details – 1 - Applied.
2 - Was given the personality test.
3 - Email to take automated telephone interview (6 Q’s w/ only 3 mins to answer).
4 - Completed the automated telephone interview.
- Q1: What aspects of being a FA do you think would be the most difficult or different from other customer service jobs?
- Q2: AA bases are located in large metropolitan areas, tell me about your experience moving and living in a new city?
- Q3: You are approached by an elderly woman who has just gotten off a flight. She is very upset because her flight was late and she has to get to her daughter's wedding tomorrow. She wants to know why her flight was late and when the next available flight to FLL is. She also wants to know about her luggage because it contains her husbands medications.
Q4: Tell me about a time when you had to handle a situation that would normally be dealt with by a supervisor but there were none available. Describe the details and outcome.
- Q5: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.
- Q6: What excited you about working for AA?
5 - Received call on successfully completing the automated interview also to schedule interview in DFW (aka F2F).

From AA Flight Attendant interview and questions. Googled it

those were my exact questions. :)

40 months ago

Stinkidog in Toledo, Ohio said: For those of you applying now, take to heart when they say you have to have patience through this process. Save yourself the aggravation and frustration of constantly checking your email. This will most likely take months. Go about your business and put it out of your mind, and when the day comes that you hear from them it will be a very welcome surprise. I applied to Continental 11/2011 and didn't hear back from anyone until 5/2012(it was United at that point). I had pretty much written it off and forgotten about it. Have to keep your sanity in this process.

Good advice too.Thanks

40 months ago

AlmostintheAir in FTW, Texas said: those were my exact questions. :)

LOL cool :)

40 months ago

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Towson, Maryland said: Yes, I second this. I had legitimately even forgotten that I applied. So, it was very unexpected and surprising to be invited to an interview.

It's so true. However last time I was fortunate I went from app to f2f all within 4 weeks. I feel like this time around it'll take more time. Which I have nothing but time. :)

40 months ago

Well, not forgotten that I APPLIED, but assumed from the silence that I should carry on about my business and not expect anything. Just to clarify.

40 months ago

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Towson, Maryland said: Well, not forgotten that I APPLIED, but assumed from the silence that I should carry on about my business and not expect anything. Just to clarify.

totally...and when your least expecting it..BAM there's that email.

40 months ago

O wonder if be right if I have youth or child fa aa wings if I can wear them, thoughts?

Hopeful in Anaheim, California

40 months ago

AlmostintheAir in FTW, Texas said: totally...and when your least expecting it..BAM there's that email.

Haha I totally agree! When I read that there were 29k applicants I didn't think I'd hear from them. Now I have a f2f next week! So grateful to have at least made it this far!

PS I feel like I know everyone on this forum. :)

40 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: O wonder if be right if I have youth or child fa aa wings if I can wear them, thoughts?

Wear them to the interview?

40 months ago

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Towson, Maryland said: Wear them to the interview?

Yes like on my collar maybe if that?

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: Yes like on my collar maybe if that?

Just my own opinion ....don't do it.

40 months ago

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California said: Just my own opinion ....don't do it.

Thank you very much. I will remember that.

Page:  « First « Previous   448  449  450  451  452  453  454  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.