American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22501 to 22550 of 54063)
Page:  « First « Previous   448  449  450  451  452  453  454  Next »   Last »

WannaFlyAA in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

Marry Me Fly Free in Chicago, Illinois said: Good Morning everyone! I have my f2f tomorrow at 1:30... Is there anyone else flying down from ORD tomorrow morning?

Good luck!! They make it really fun!! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FAintheMaking in Columbus, Ohio

14 months ago

Sisinla in Los Angeles, California said: Hi... I was asked to do DOT papers & send back within three days or I'd be dismissed. I sent them back on day two. Today is day three. How soon should I hear back and should I call to confirm they received it so that I'm not dismissed? I don't wanna big them, however, I don't wanna be dismissed...

I called to make sure, I'd hate to miss the opportunity because papers weren't received. My recruiter was really nice and ensured the forms had been received and were processing. :) Better safe than sorry!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marry Me Fly Free in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

WannaFlyAA in Chicago, Illinois said: Good luck!! They make it really fun!! :)

Thank you!

1111Flygirl

14 months ago

Marry Me Fly Free in Chicago, Illinois said: Good Morning everyone! I have my f2f tomorrow at 1:30... Is there anyone else flying down from ORD tomorrow morning?

Hello, yes I fly from ORD tomorrow, Friday the 10th. My flight is at 9:15am. My email is flyingthe4corners@gmail.com. Let's connect :))

Marry Me Fly Free in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

1111Flygirl said: Hello, yes I fly from ORD tomorrow, Friday the 10th. My flight is at 9:15am. My email is flyingthe4corners@gmail.com. Let's connect :))

Fantastic! I just sent you an email. :)

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

14 months ago

Heads up!! Application window for American Airlines NON-LOD Candidates will RE-OPEN TOMORROW, FRIDAY MAY 10, 2013!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

619 Fly Girl in San Diego, California

14 months ago

Excited to Fly in Austin, Texas said: I am in training now...there was no packing list in the packet. I would say pack lots of mix and match things. Women: skirts, dresses, and/or trousers with blouses, if sleeveless bring a jacket/cardigan, at least one suit set is a good idea, either heels or flats but bring plenty of hose/knee highs. Men: dress slacks and collared shirts, definitely bring a few ties and vests or jackets, full suit if you have one. Classrooms are VERY cold, so definitely plan accordingly!

Thank you! This is very helpful!!!

jay in Danbury, Connecticut

14 months ago

AGAIN for those that are in the MAY 20TH class and would like to join our Facebook group
just send an email to crj600@live.com and i will send you a reply with the facebook link for it :)

SkyHighNY in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

sullivan37 in Phoenix, Arizona said: What do you have to do for the peg board?

Can you email me? :) I'll give you details! Anyone that's wondering about medical. Loveheroklahoma@gmail.com

14 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: Heads up!! Application window for American Airlines NON-LOD Candidates will RE-OPEN TOMORROW, FRIDAY MAY 10, 2013!!!!

Oh wow, the nurse told me this yesterday. I guess they're having trouble filling the positions. Eek

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

Well, I did my lod test today!! Phew. Man, I was nervous. But God totally helped me thru it,
I think I passed.

Anyone have an idea how long after the lod test u get the medical date email or call?

miss new york has everything in houston, Texas

14 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: Heads up!! Application window for American Airlines NON-LOD Candidates will RE-OPEN TOMORROW, FRIDAY MAY 10, 2013!!!!

Thank-you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starbucks in Dallas, Texas

14 months ago

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California said: Well, I did my lod test today!! Phew. Man, I was nervous. But God totally helped me thru it,
I think I passed.

Anyone have an idea how long after the lod test u get the medical date email or call?

Hi thejazzygirl, they said they will send a result 24-48hous after LOD. In my case, I received a call from HR next day regarding medical exam schedule. Hope it helps.

uhleksuh in East Islip, New York

14 months ago

SkyHighNY in Los Angeles, California said: Back from my Medical :). Ok, can I just say to everyone to RELAX! It's super easy and the peg board is more annoying than it is hard(at all). The nurse was super nice, she gave me some 411 on my tattoos, and said not to worry. So yay! And now I wait....... :)

what did she tell you about your tattoos?! I have some very obvious ones that I'e had a hard time hiding and I'm slightly worried haha

14 months ago

Starbucks in Dallas, Texas said: Hi thejazzygirl, they said they will send a result 24-48hous after LOD. In my case, I received a call from HR next day regarding medical exam schedule. Hope it helps.

Thanks Starbucks!!! Totally helps.

Hope I can sleep tonite. Haha. Waiting is haaaard!!

14 months ago

miss new york has everything in houston, Texas said: Thank-you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome and good luck! Us newbies could use all the seniority we can get! ;-)

14 months ago

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California said: Thanks Starbucks!!! Totally helps.

Hope I can sleep tonite. Haha. Waiting is haaaard!!

You are quite welcome:) I understand I do agree "waiting time" isn't easy but it'll come! You're getting close! Good-Luck and take some good rest!

flywithaa in las vegas, Nevada

14 months ago

Could anyone who is in training now or has gone through training let me know how the first 3-4 weeks went?
Did you have classes on the weekends?
Thanks.

14 months ago

flywithaa in las vegas, Nevada said: Could anyone who is in training now or has gone through training let me know how the first 3-4 weeks went?
Did you have classes on the weekends?
Thanks.

IIRC we had class on the first Saturday. Observation and training flights on a few weekends later in the class.

14 months ago

uhleksuh in East Islip, New York said: what did she tell you about your tattoos?! I have some very obvious ones that I'e had a hard time hiding and I'm slightly worried haha

Well they have a form that's asks about them, and their location. So I asked the nurse and she said she's had a lot of people with tattoos. They don't ask to see them, atleast not at the medical or the agility test. She said as long as they can be covered with the uniform, I added a side note that said Not visible and easily covered with Uniform. I have a whole sleeve done on my right arm. ^_^ . I'm not even going to stress anymore after she said they're having trouble filling in the positions. I would still cover them when you go.

Waiting for my wings in Schenectady, New York

14 months ago

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Catonsville, Maryland said: Are you LOD? If so, I think most of us waited until after our LOD test to be scheduled for medical.

I am LOD and passed all my language tests back in mid March.

14 months ago

Has anyone gotten scheduled for June Training?

kab1099 in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

jay in Danbury, Connecticut said: AGAIN for those that are in the MAY 20TH class and would like to join our Facebook group
just send an email to crj600@live.com and i will send you a reply with the facebook link for it :)

does anyone from the may 13th class know if someone from our class has put together a Facebook group? Thanks!!

Lancia in Atlanta, Georgia

14 months ago

miss new york has everything in houston, Texas said: Thank-you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for the info!:) Could anyone tell me what kind of questions do they ask on the phone interview? And how long did it take to get a phone interview from the time you applied? thank you for any help! Im excited to start the process!:)

FlyingGal396 in Monterey Park, California

14 months ago

Does anyone know when the last training class will be??

14 months ago

Has any of u happen to watch the series " Flight Attendant School" on YouTube? It's actually really entertaining. It follows frontier airlines training in Denver.

I spent 3 days watching all 17 episodes. Haha. So fun

want my wings in Schenectady, New York

14 months ago

Hey guys I took all of my LOD tests in March received my CJO last Wednesday and I was wondering if anyone knew about how long it takes before I get medical scheduled. It seems that a lot of people are waiting less than a week, and I was just curious if anyone has waited a week or more before they were scheduled. Any info would be great. Thanks!

14 months ago

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California said: Has any of u happen to watch the series " Flight Attendant School" on YouTube? It's actually really entertaining. It follows frontier airlines training in Denver.

Yep. Watched them all. Loved it!!

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Towson, Maryland

14 months ago

Did anyone receive a second email after their medical requesting you to login to the portal to complete a bunch of new pre-arrival tasks? (Attendance, Rules of Conduct, etc.) Is this good?

FAintheMaking in Columbus, Ohio

14 months ago

Waiting for my wings in Schenectady, New York said: I am LOD and passed all my language tests back in mid March.

Have you checked your Spam email? I didn't get a call for medical, I got an email. Maybe call your recruiter?

bernard8150 in Avon, Colorado

14 months ago

i am in the 13th training class, and i did not here if anybody started a facebook page. Please let me know if anybody heres of one.

14 months ago

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Towson, Maryland said: Did anyone receive a second email after their medical requesting you to login to the portal to complete a bunch of new pre-arrival tasks? (Attendance, Rules of Conduct, etc.) Is this good?

Yes. Completely normal.

14 months ago

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Towson, Maryland said: Did anyone receive a second email after their medical requesting you to login to the portal to complete a bunch of new pre-arrival tasks? (Attendance, Rules of Conduct, etc.) Is this good?

I just received that but I'm still waiting for my medical. Hmm. Wierd.

Either way, I think it's a good thing. Just new hire papers that have to be signed. Yay!

14 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: Yes. Completely normal.

Oh my goodness, now there are all these Post-Arrival tasks...are they already supposed to be there? It says they're due May 16!

14 months ago

FloridaGeorgiaLine in Towson, Maryland said: Oh my goodness, now there are all these Post-Arrival tasks...are they already supposed to be there? It says they're due May 16!

Finish the ones that say "Pre-Arrival" before your first day of class. The rest will be completed after you begin training. In the meantime, deep breaths... deep breaths...

14 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: Finish the ones that say "Pre-Arrival" before your first day of class. The rest will be completed after you begin training. In the meantime, deep breaths... deep breaths...

Haha thanks! I'm just confused because they haven't notified me when my first day of class is...my medical was Tuesday and my doctor is only faxing in the required additional information today...

14 months ago

Oh, well. I'll just read it as a good thing.

FlightGeek in NYC, New York

14 months ago

Hi KY! so does it open at midnight tonight thursday or midnight friday? thank you in advance

14 months ago

FlightGeek in NYC, New York said: Hi KY! so does it open at midnight tonight thursday or midnight friday? thank you in advance

The email that went out to employees didn't say what time. I believe last time it was around 9AM.

popular175

14 months ago

Hello all

So I went to the Medical on Monday I still didnt hear anything.I could wait any longer and I email my recruiter. She wrote back right way saying they're waiting on my Medical results. I guess this means i passed the POET?lol Im just assuming everything at this point...the waiting time kills me! I also had a surgery onApril 16..minor thing...But i took my doctor notes before they even asked for..maybe thats why is taking longer...did anyone heard or had something similiar?? please excuse errors typed..

FlightGeek in NYC, New York

14 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: The email that went out to employees didn't say what time. I believe last time it was around 9AM.

thank you so much ;)

Ready_for_takeoff in richmond, Virginia

14 months ago

AA Bases....

Can any veteran FA with AA advise me on base information? Could you provide information on seniority?

I'm trying to find out wha are the most JUNIOR bases: MIA, RDU, DCA and DFW.

Also after training, which base would be the easiest to get into

Thanks,
GAir

14 months ago

BASE UPDATE PLEASE

AAFLYER in Denton, Texas said:

Can anyome provide some information on which bases are most JUNIOR: RDU, MIA, LCA, DFW.

After training, which would be the easiest base to get into?

Thanks,
GAir

14 months ago

Ready_for_takeoff in richmond, Virginia said: AA Bases....

Can any veteran FA with AA advise me on base information? Could you provide information on seniority?

I'm trying to find out wha are the most JUNIOR bases: MIA, RDU, DCA and DFW.

Also after training, which base would be the easiest to get into

Thanks,
GAir

Recent new hires have been assigned to DFW, MIA, LGA, and DCA. RDU is not currently open to new hires

popular175

14 months ago

Ready_for_takeoff in richmond, Virginia said: BASE UPDATE PLEASE

i HEARD JUNIOR BASES ARE DFW, LGA

PORTUGUESE/SPANISH SPEAKERS MIA/LGA
MANDARIN ORD

14 months ago

popular175 said: Hello all

So I went to the Medical on Monday I still didnt hear anything.I could wait any longer and I email my recruiter. She wrote back right way saying they're waiting on my Medical results. I guess this means i passed the POET?lol Im just assuming everything at this point...the waiting time kills me! I also had a surgery onApril 16..minor thing...But i took my doctor notes before they even asked for..maybe thats why is taking longer...did anyone heard or had something similiar?? please excuse errors typed..

Hi popular175:) Please don't freak out. Ok, what I heard from the nurse was "It takes about 48 BUSINESS HOURS." WIth a doctor's letter. It might take more longer. So, 48 BUSINESS HOURS means, if business hours is 8 hours per day. It will be 6 days all together. You might receive a response on Monday. I received a call little late like 7pm. In another case, if there is some system issue, it also cause prolonged the progress. Although I understand that feeling, no one likes to wait too long. But there is no point to freak out. Please don't... :)

I don't know it helps or not..

Ryan in Albuquerque, New Mexico

14 months ago

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California said: Has any of u happen to watch the series " Flight Attendant School" on YouTube? It's actually really entertaining. It follows frontier airlines training in Denver.

ya! i watched it too on youtube, really informative, helped me a lot

popular175

14 months ago

Starbucks in Dallas, Texas said: Hi popular175:) Please don't freak out. Ok, what I heard from the nurse was "It takes about 48 BUSINESS HOURS." WIth a doctor's letter. It might take more longer. So, 48 BUSINESS HOURS means, if business hours is 8 hours per day. It will be 6 days all together. You might receive a response on Monday. I received a call little late like 7pm. In another case, if there is some system issue, it also cause prolonged the progress. Although I understand that feeling, no one likes to wait too long. But there is no point to freak out. Please don't... :)

I don't know it helps or not..

AWW THANK YOU..YOU GUYS ARE SO NICE AND POSITIVE!

flyover state in Miami Beach, Florida

14 months ago

dfw is definitely not junior. mia and lga are the most junior. Especially if you are trying to get an international transfer soon.

14 months ago

flyover state in Miami Beach, Florida said: dfw is definitely not junior. mia and lga are the most junior. Especially if you are trying to get an international transfer soon.

thanks Flyover.

Also can you tell me when non-rev flight benefits begin for AA FA? I read somewhere it is 6 months probationary period? If so, do you think discounted zone fares are available? I need to commute for a short while before I move to my base.

GAir

Page:  « First « Previous   448  449  450  451  452  453  454  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.