American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26851 to 26900 of 51302)
Page:  « First « Previous   535  536  537  538  539  540  541  Next »   Last »

Naplesdave in Austin, Texas

10 months ago

Tootiebunny in Nashville, Tennessee said: Question to anyone who has been or is in training....Are women allowed to wear ankle length (cropped and skinny) pants? Trying to get packed for training. Thanks!

The attire here is business casual. You can wear otherwise after 6 pm. Shoot me your email at naplesdave@gmail.com and I'll send you the dress code they've posted in the classrooms.

Dave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TombombBOI in Idaho

10 months ago

Here's my timeline...
Applied 5/29
Invite for video/phone interview 5/30
Completed video interview 5/31
Invitation to complete online application/ update 6/12
Call for F2F 6/13

I missed the call, and called the number they told me to, however the recruiter was not available at the time, so I will (hopefully) receive a call tomorrow!

itzmellimel

10 months ago

airbilly in las vegas, Nevada said: i did my video interview on the may 23rd, passed and updated my stuff on may 28th, and have now been waiting for the call for a f2f.

Ok well good luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

itzmellimel

10 months ago

borntofly623 in Laguna Hills, California said: I see they called you on a Tuesday and scheduled your f2f that Friday, do they give you a choice? Because other people don't have f2f's till end of the month. Just wondering, plus I have Fridays off so seeing if the chances are good if I can pick a friday to go.
Thnx!

I was thinking the same thing about Fridays for the f2f cause I'm off Fridays too... I hope they do give a choice it would be easier to travel

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan

10 months ago

Naplesdave in Austin, Texas said: Yep. When you hand in your passport at the beginning of the interview, hand them your letters of reference. Hope this helps!

Dave

Certainly does. Thanks Dave and good luck in training!

avia11 in nyc, New York

10 months ago

Naplesdave in Austin, Texas said: That's not true. You can bring whatever. You simply set it against the wall and out of the way during the process. Expect an exciting day with you walking away having been selected. Good luck!

Dave

Thanks for the clarification!

janet in Dallas, Texas

10 months ago

I just sent you a message on your gmail..thanks!!

yvonne in Sacramento, California

10 months ago

karo in Savannah, Georgia said: I did my phone interview last night. No call back yet. I had the opportunity to interview with both Mesa and expressjet. However, I really want to work for American. I'm hoping and praying I get a face to face. Now I'm scared about the medical portion. This is more stressing than filling out college apps. I applied in May and some people got calls backs in may and early June. So that makes me wonder if my app wasn't good enough. People we are straight stressing!

It can be a very long process. I have done this several times over the years. You must be patient. Sometimes it takes more than six months to hear anything from them and others it could be just weeks. Hang in there!!!!

itzmellimel

10 months ago

Is the medical and other stuff (after the f2f ) done at your home state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California

10 months ago

itzmellimel said: Is the medical and other stuff (after the f2f ) done at your home state?

No. They fly u again to Dallas just for the day. It's at their headquarters.

10 months ago

Flyterri7 in Las Vegas, Nevada said: its a milk crate with 60 lbs of weights in it

How far do they have you lift the crate? Waist/Chest level or overhead?

EJH04 in Sacramento, California

10 months ago

awilcox19 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I'll be there too! :-)

I will also be in the June 24th class. I know that previous classmates have started an FB group to get familiar with each other beforehand, has there been a group started for this class?

Jules in Oakland, California

10 months ago

I start July 1 and have a f/b group some started already others like myself July 1 and then a few in between if interested joles_70@hotmail.com there are about 20+ of us

Leslielove in Camarillo, California

10 months ago

Welp, my recruiter called saying that none of the 3 airports I can fly out of are available for same day flights. So I told her that I can reschedule for a Different day so I'm waiting for her to call back because honestly I'm not willing to pay for a hotel( I didn't say that).

My timeline:
May 11: applied
May 21: email to complete video interview
May 25: opted to complete phone interview
June 3: Email to update profile
June 4: updated profile
June 12 & 13: played phone tag with recruiter
June 13: scheduled interview
June 14: Recieved phone call to possibly reschedule interview

I guess I'll see what happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fly_High_15 in Orlando, Florida

10 months ago

I had applied on 5/30/13, received invitation to video interview 6/10/13, and currently waiting for F2F! I have always wanted to become a flight attendant, especially with AA. I am so anxious!! However, I am a little confused because I saw my AA job profile and saw I had applied to both Spanish Speaker FA position and non-speaking FA position. I wonder which one I am being considered for. Hopefully Spanish speaking FA position. *Fingers Crossed*

braziliangirl in Fontana, California

10 months ago

Fly_High_15 in Orlando, Florida said: I had applied on 5/30/13, received invitation to video interview 6/10/13, and currently waiting for F2F! I have always wanted to become a flight attendant, especially with AA. I am so anxious!! However, I am a little confused because I saw my AA job profile and saw I had applied to both Spanish Speaker FA position and non-speaking FA position. I wonder which one I am being considered for. Hopefully Spanish speaking FA position. *Fingers Crossed*

Hi fly_high_15!
Looks like we have the exact same dates so far! I also received the invitation for the video interview on June 10, and I'm now waiting for the response. I read here the next step would be to get an email asking us to update our app. Did u get one yet? I haven't! I keep checking my email every chance I get.!! I'm so anxious! How do u think you did on your video interview?
I applied just for Portuguese speaker FA.
Good luck to you! Hope we get a f2f soon! :)
Let me know if you hear from them!

ATLFlyGuy in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

I had F2F yesterday. I didn't get a one on one and did not get fingerprinted. I don't mean to sound cocky but I am pretty sure I was one of the strongest candidates in the group. You really won't be able to tell what's happening until they are walking you to the door. It was all I could do not to ask the recruiter where I had dropped the ball but I know he would not have told me. I assume that I lost my chance during the group activity. BE VERY CAREFUL when you select your seat for the activity! I ended up with some very immature people and had to take control in order to complete the task in the allotted time. I also had to stoop to their level in order to maintain the "team" camaraderie I assumed they wanted to see.

I will say this. The process is so much better than DL or UA's F2F. The recruiters are quite friendly and most are genuinely so. My nerves were calmed almost immediately upon arrival. However, the process is completely dependent on how YOU come across to whichever random recruiters you encounter at each stage of the day. I can only compare this process to sorority rush. It is completely subjective and based on equal parts interview skill and blind luck. At the end of the day though, I really had a fun time at the interview and I am glad I did it.

I am giving up on the FA job now. 4 tries in 2 years is about all I have in me. The resentment that comes with the rejection uses too much energy. I will just continue to enjoy life in the sky as a passenger. Good luck to all of you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fly_High_15 in Orlando, Florida

10 months ago

braziliangirl in Fontana, California said: Hi fly_high_15!
Looks like we have the exact same dates so far! I also received the invitation for the video interview on June 10, and I'm now waiting for the response. I read here the next step would be to get an email asking us to update our app. Did u get one yet? I haven't! I keep checking my email every chance I get.!! I'm so anxious! How do u think you did on your video interview?
I applied just for Portuguese speaker FA.
Good luck to you! Hope we get a f2f soon! :)
Let me know if you hear from them!

Hi Braziliangirl!
I have not yet received the e-mail to update my profile (sorry I left that out lol) I had also completed my video interview on 6/11/13, when did you complete yours? I think my video interview went well, I was so nervous right before, but it was very easy, and the questions were what I expected. Good luck to you as well! I will definitely let you know if I hear from them! :)

avia11 in nyc, New York

10 months ago

ATLFlyGuy in Atlanta, Georgia said:
I will say this. The process is so much better than DL or UA's F2F. The recruiters are quite friendly and most are genuinely so. My nerves were calmed almost immediately upon arrival. However, the process is completely dependent on how YOU come across to whichever random recruiters you encounter at each stage of the day. I can only compare this process to sorority rush. It is completely subjective and based on equal parts interview skill and blind luck. At the end of the day though, I really had a fun time at the interview and I am glad I did it.

I am giving up on the FA job now. 4 tries in 2 years is about all I have in me. The resentment that comes with the rejection uses too much energy. I will just continue to enjoy life in the sky as a passenger. Good luck to all of you!

Sorry to hear that.....I'm going Monday and will heed your words. I disagree with you on the DL process though. THAT was far and away the best one I've ever been to. EVERYONE had a chance to do a 2on1 with recruiters where you had your chance to make or break. NO group activity (except for socializing--where I'm sure you're watched!). I felt it was the fairest and the one which gave EVERYONE equal footing. UAL was a cattle call and was filled with very unfriendly/unprofessional recruiters.

ALL FA hiring is very subjective and requires a bit of luck as well. I know the feeling you have as I've been unsuccessful as well. I will keep trying through. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

ATLFlyGuy in Atlanta, Georgia said:

Wow! I'm so sorry you didn't get a one on one! And maybe instead of giving up, you might just give yourself a break? I know its very emotionally draining to go through all of these interview processes. You feel like you give so much of yourself and try so hard, only to get turned away.
But I believe you also get tremendous experience! Next time you go, you're gonna be ahead of most people there because you already know what to expect!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your great advice on the group interview.

There are a lot of airlines in this country.. if this is your dream..don't give up!!!

10 months ago

Fly_High_15 in Orlando, Florida said: Hi Braziliangirl!
I have not yet received the e-mail to update my profile (sorry I left that out lol) I had also completed my video interview on 6/11/13, when did you complete yours? I think my video interview went well, I was so nervous right before, but it was very easy, and the questions were what I expected. Good luck to you as well! I will definitely let you know if I hear from them! :)

Hi fly_high_15!

I did my video interview on 6/11/13 as well! Looks like we are on the same waiting boat! Lol!
To be honest with you I really don't know if I "aced" the video interview. I was pretty nervous and trying not to mess up my answers. I thought the questions were fairly easy, but I kind of mumbled a little on one of the answers!! Lol! Oh well.. no use crying over it now! Just got to keep waiting! Keep me posted ok!!?
I have a feeling if we don't hear anything today, we'll have to wait till next week! But not hearing anything today might also be good news! Since for what I read here the tbnt email is sent 3 days after the video/phone interview. I don't know.. I've read so many things here! Lol! Lets just wait and keep the faith! :)

scoobydoo in Euless, Texas

10 months ago

braziliangirl in Fontana, California said: Hi fly_high_15!

I did my video interview on 6/11/13 as well! Looks like we are on the same waiting boat! Lol!
To be honest with you I really don't know if I "aced" the video interview. I was pretty nervous and trying not to mess up my answers. I thought the questions were fairly easy, but I kind of mumbled a little on one of the answers!! Lol! Oh well.. no use crying over it now! Just got to keep waiting! Keep me posted ok!!?
I have a feeling if we don't hear anything today, we'll have to wait till next week! But not hearing anything today might also be good news! Since for what I read here the tbnt email is sent 3 days after the video/phone interview. I don't know.. I've read so many things here! Lol! Lets just wait and keep the faith! :)

can you keep us posted when you get an email.. My daughter did her video interview on June 12.. thanks and good luck!

TombombBOI in Idaho

10 months ago

Just got scheduled for a F2F on Thursday the 20th at 10:00AM!

DreamsOfFlying in Buffalo Grove, Illinois

10 months ago

TombombBOI in Idaho said: Just got scheduled for a F2F on Thursday the 20th at 10:00AM!

Congrats! When did you do the video/phone interview?

domani777 in New York

10 months ago

I did my phone/video interview on June 13th... Not-so-patiently waiting now.

Anna_Lee in Temple, Texas

10 months ago

Naplesdave in Austin, Texas said: The attire here is business casual. You can wear otherwise after 6 pm. Shoot me your email at naplesdave@gmail.com and I'll send you the dress code they've posted in the classrooms.

Dave

Hey Dave....i dont have my go yet but just so I can prepare would you send it to me as well? THANKS!!!

10 months ago

Anna_Lee in Temple, Texas said: Hey Dave....i dont have my go yet but just so I can prepare would you send it to me as well? THANKS!!!

anena132012@hotmail.com

TombombBOI in Idaho

10 months ago

DreamsOfFlying in Buffalo Grove, Illinois said: Congrats! When did you do the video/phone interview?

Thanks...I did my interview on May 31, so two weeks ago.

10 months ago

H

scoobydoo in Euless, Texas said: can you keep us posted when you get an email.. My daughter did her video interview on June 12.. thanks and good luck!

Hi scoobydoo!
As soon as i hear anything I'll post here! Wishing your daughter the best of luck! Positive vibes for all of us here on the same boat! This waiting game is no fun! Lol! But the good side of this is that we are still in the game! :)
Keep the faith!

scoobydoo in Irving, Texas

10 months ago

braziliangirl in Fontana, California said: H

Hi scoobydoo!
As soon as i hear anything I'll post here! Wishing your daughter the best of luck! Positive vibes for all of us here on the same boat! This waiting game is no fun! Lol! But the good side of this is that we are still in the game! :)
Keep the faith!

Hey Braziliangirl.. IWe will post to when she hears too! Wishing you the best of luck as well! It is very stressful. Like I tell my daughter if its meant to be, it will be! :)

jojojetgo in san diego, California

10 months ago

I applied in Nov went to f2f in April and was not selected . I reapplied in May and made it through the
Video interview and got an email to update profile . So I know I asked previously if anyone was on round 2 but am still curious if anyone that is on round 2 of applying (both in Nov and when they reopened in May ) has rec'd another f2f ? They ask on the update profile if you have previously interviewed with AA and when -so would be interested to see of anyone has made it to the F2f again for a second round ?

10 months ago

jojojetgo in san diego, California said: I applied in Nov went to f2f in April and was not selected . I reapplied in May and made it through the
Video interview and got an email to update profile . So I know I asked previously if anyone was on round 2 but am still curious if anyone that is on round 2 of applying (both in Nov and when they reopened in May ) has rec'd another f2f ? They ask on the update profile if you have previously interviewed with AA and when -so would be interested to see of anyone has made it to the F2f again for a second round ?

I'm on round 2 from November. I am waiting now for a ftf. Didn't get one the first time around. Well, in November anyway. I think this is my third or fourth try with American. :)

10 months ago

scoobydoo in Irving, Texas said: Hey Braziliangirl.. IWe will post to when she hears too! Wishing you the best of luck as well! It is very stressful. Like I tell my daughter if its meant to be, it will be! :)

I agree with you! If its meant to be, it will be! :)

Leaving CT soon in Hartford, Connecticut

10 months ago

DadwoodFA in Jersey City, New Jersey said: They will send you email advising you what to wear, the airline requires all of us to dress in official clothes while on the air ( since remember your ticket says upgrade if possible) they want us looking worth first class travelers, they don't want us in first class with skimpy clothes. When I was there I was the only guy in a tie, 2 gentlemen came casually dressed and women one had those skinny trousers and a long shirt so casual and all went well. Others and this is the tradition women dress semi official on the plane and change to gym clothes in the bathroom after medical when going in for agility and that's my advise for you, you never know who is looking, dress well on the plane and carry clothes to change. My advise: be light it's a easy day for traveling whatever you wear on the plane can easily do agility test the only thing you MUST carry are shoes with traction, rubber shoes, snickers, those you need for agility....those you need so bad

Thank you DadwoodFA, this was helpful. I am nervous about the medical and agilty test. I know I'll be able to lift whatever but running/workout I hope I don't run out of breathe. This is something I want very much so I'm going to try to hit the gym a few times before I go on Thursday for the final part. Hopefully it's a success.

Good luck everyone and I hope to be able to meet some of you in training!!!

10 months ago

Leaving CT soon in Hartford, Connecticut said: Thank you DadwoodFA, this was helpful. I am nervous about the medical and agilty test. I know I'll be able to lift whatever but running/workout I hope I don't run out of breathe. This is something I want very much so I'm going to try to hit the gym a few times before I go on Thursday for the final part. Hopefully it's a success.

Good luck everyone and I hope to be able to meet some of you in training!!!

I am with DadWood...bring sneakers!! And be comfortable for the agility. That way u can just relax and focus on the task at hand. Eliminate any distraction. I even took of my jewelery and gave it to the testers to hold. LOL.
Travel light, avoid all stress cause you need to keep ur cool my Love :-) easy heart rate remember!

itzmellimel

10 months ago

braziliangirl in Fontana, California said: H

Hi scoobydoo!
Keep the faith!

Hey just wanted to say we are from the same area I am from San Bernardino California

US Hopeful in Bellflower, California

10 months ago

When you do your video interview do they make you stand up so they can see you interview attire? Thank you!

10 months ago

US Hopeful in Bellflower, California said: When you do your video interview do they make you stand up so they can see you interview attire? Thank you!

I had a business suit on but remained seated the whole
time . Hope this helps ..

10 months ago

itzmellimel said: Hey just wanted to say we are from the same area I am from San Bernardino California

Hi itzmellimel! Wow! Looks like we're practically neighbors! I'm in fontana! So.. where are u in the interview process? Did u do the video interview?

10 months ago

yvonne in Sacramento, California said: I'm on round 2 from November. I am waiting now for a ftf. Didn't get one the first time around. Well, in November anyway. I think this is my third or fourth try with American. :)

Thanks for responding , hope your f2f call comes soon . I haven't heard of anyone
Receiving a second chance at f2f so curiously waiting to see if anyone else has had a
Different outcome , I guess time will tell of they give another shot :-)

10 months ago

US Hopeful in Bellflower, California said: When you do your video interview do they make you stand up so they can see you interview attire? Thank you!

I was wearing a business suit.. but stayed seated the whole time. They didn't ask me to get up. Its a recording with a series of 6 questions. After each questions i was given 30 seconds before they started recording my answer. Good luck to u! I was pretty nervous! This is such a dream job!

SimpleGirlinthisCrazyWorld in Union City, Georgia

10 months ago

Just wanted to say for those who have not heard anything yet DON'T LOSE HOPE! I did the phone interview on May 30 and I was starting to lose hope because it seemed as if everyone received the invitation to move on within 5 days and I had not received anything! I JUST received my invitation!!! It took two weeks! It was a lovely thing to see when I checked my email today! Wasn't expecting that at all! So just keep praying and waiting! Your invitation will come soon! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

loveAA in Radcliff, Kentucky

10 months ago

SimpleGirlinthisCrazyWorld in Union City, Georgia said: Just wanted to say for those who have not heard anything yet DON'T LOSE HOPE! I did the phone interview on May 30 and I was starting to lose hope because it seemed as if everyone received the invitation to move on within 5 days and I had not received anything! I JUST received my invitation!!! It took two weeks! It was a lovely thing to see when I checked my email today! Wasn't expecting that at all! So just keep praying and waiting! Your invitation will come soon! :-)

Thank you. I did mine may 31 and im going nuts.

10 months ago

SimpleGirlinthisCrazyWorld in Union City, Georgia said: Just wanted to say for those who have not heard anything yet DON'T LOSE HOPE! I did the phone interview on May 30 and I was starting to lose hope because it seemed as if everyone received the invitation to move on within 5 days and I had not received anything! I JUST received my invitation!!! It took two weeks! It was a lovely thing to see when I checked my email today! Wasn't expecting that at all! So just keep praying and waiting! Your invitation will come soon! :-)

Was it ur invitation for the f2f? And thanks for sharing your story! Its good to know that this waiting period is different for everyone! Good luck to u! :)

10 months ago

braziliangirl in Fontana, California said: Was it ur invitation for the f2f? And thanks for sharing your story! Its good to know that this waiting period is different for everyone! Good luck to u! :)

Thank you! It was just the Invitation to Complete / Update Online Application Form ...now I wait for the call to schedule the F2F interview! *crosses fingers*

10 months ago

loveAA in Radcliff, Kentucky said: Thank you. I did mine may 31 and im going nuts.

Just hang it there! It will come when you least expect it!

10 months ago

ATLFlyGuy in Atlanta, Georgia said: I had F2F yesterday. I didn't get a one on one and did not get fingerprinted. I don't mean to sound cocky but I am pretty sure I was one of the strongest candidates in the group. You really won't be able to tell what's happening until they are walking you to the door. It was all I could do not to ask the recruiter where I had dropped the ball but I know he would not have told me. I assume that I lost my chance during the group activity. BE VERY CAREFUL when you select your seat for the activity! I ended up with some very immature people and had to take control in order to complete the task in the allotted time. I also had to stoop to their level in order to maintain the "team" camaraderie I assumed they wanted to see.

What type of group activity did you have to do? If you don't mind sharing with us :)

10 months ago

jojojetgo in san diego, California said: I had a business suit on but remained seated the whole
time . Hope this helps ..

Thank you so much! This did help :)

10 months ago

braziliangirl in Fontana, California said: I was wearing a business suit.. but stayed seated the whole time. They didn't ask me to get up. Its a recording with a series of 6 questions. After each questions i was given 30 seconds before they started recording my answer. Good luck to u! I was pretty nervous! This is such a dream job!

thank you :)

10 months ago

SimpleGirlinthisCrazyWorld in Union City, Georgia said: Thank you! It was just the Invitation to Complete / Update Online Application Form ...now I wait for the call to schedule the F2F interview! *crosses fingers*

Sending positive vibes your way! :)
Let me know when you get your invite for the f2f!!

Page:  « First « Previous   535  536  537  538  539  540  541  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.