American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26851 to 26900 of 54893)
Page:  « First « Previous   535  536  537  538  539  540  541  Next »   Last »

singlemama in Crystal Lake, Illinois

37 months ago

Congrats to all those hired and all those who persevered through a tough process and didn't make the cut. Never give up on your dream. I'm 51, a newly single mom with an 8 and 13 yr old and am DYING to get back in the sky. However,it never seems to be the "right time" since my kids are young and dad's no help. I was based at ORD when I flew before and I'd like to know from ANY new hires if ORD has been a base option for any OTHER new hires besides LODs. I need to know if I have a shot at it. I read almost every post here and haven't heard anything lately. I'm almost ready to do my video interview but keep balking over this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JayJay in Atlanta, Georgia

37 months ago

singlemama in Crystal Lake, Illinois said: Congrats to all those hired and all those who persevered through a tough process and didn't make the cut. Never give up on your dream. I'm 51, a newly single mom with an 8 and 13 yr old and am DYING to get back in the sky. However,it never seems to be the "right time" since my kids are young and dad's no help. I was based at ORD when I flew before and I'd like to know from ANY new hires if ORD has been a base option for any OTHER new hires besides LODs. I need to know if I have a shot at it. I read almost every post here and haven't heard anything lately. I'm almost ready to do my video interview but keep balking over this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

No. So far, ORD is only available for Chinese LOD. Is not even an option when you select the bases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

singlemama in Crystal Lake, Illinois

37 months ago

JayJay in Atlanta, Georgia said: No. So far, ORD is only available for Chinese LOD. Is not even an option when you select the bases.

Thank you so much, JayJay. As it is impossible for me to relocate and I'm unwilling to commute as well as to lie through my teeth during an interview, my dream will have to wait. UGH!! I wish the best for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

glw60 in Round Lake, Illinois

37 months ago

singlemama in Crystal Lake, Illinois said: Congrats to all those hired and all those who persevered through a tough process and didn't make the cut. Never give up on your dream. I'm 51, a newly single mom with an 8 and 13 yr old and am DYING to get back in the sky. However,it never seems to be the "right time" since my kids are young and dad's no help. I was based at ORD when I flew before and I'd like to know from ANY new hires if ORD has been a base option for any OTHER new hires besides LODs. I need to know if I have a shot at it. I read almost every post here and haven't heard anything lately. I'm almost ready to do my video interview but keep balking over this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Hi single mamma.. I am from Mchenry and pretty much in the same situation. I flew out of ORD about 7 years ago for United. I have been applying at American and been turned down but have a F2F interview with USAirways on Wednesday. Like you, I am hesitant to go since they are not based out of ORD. I was hoping, that IF hired and once merged with AA there would be a possibility to get ORD. Like you, I am around the same age and not sure if I should really bother at this age anymore. I miss it tremendously, and AA was always my first choice of airlines.

yesgirl in Park Ridge, Illinois

37 months ago

kileykittykellyI in Visalia, California said: I might call at this point. You could just be lost in the system. If you got fingerprinted then you know they want you.

I've called twice, they said a recruiter will get back to me.

Jules in San Francisco, California

37 months ago

Greany said: I've read through most pages, but haven't found the answer to my question! I'd appreciate some help.

For those of you who have taken a language test during the interview process, when was the test? During the f2f day or at a later date?

Also, does the test (French) include reading/writing exercises or only speaking?

Thanks!

I'm Italian LOD I had my test 5 days after my f2f you have to read an announcement and answer some questions they vary depending on who you get as my friend did the Italian LOD test and his questions were different from mine. You will get the reading material a couple of days before your test good luck

office_in_the_sky in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: Mustaches, goatees, and beards are permitted. Facial hair must be at least 1/4 inch but not longer than 1 inch in length.

Hey KyFlyGuy I passed my phone interview, and am going to have my F2F......So Happy!! And nervous!!
But I was just curious because you had answered my facial hair question, do you yourself have
facial hair? Just wondering since your already working with American? And I'm going back and forth
with myself about going clean shaven for the F2F, or just keep my mustache and goatee?

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

office_in_the_sky in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hey KyFlyGuy I passed my phone interview, and am going to have my F2F......So Happy!! And nervous!!
But I was just curious because you had answered my facial hair question, do you yourself have
facial hair? Just wondering since your already working with American? And I'm going back and forth
with myself about going clean shaven for the F2F, or just keep my mustache and goatee?

The most important thing on the Assessment Day is to go in feeling comfortable and confident. If keeping the mustache/goatee will make you feel self-conscious in front of the recruiters, then it may be best to shave. If you choose not to, just know that it is completely within uniform guidelines. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Rnew2stew in Fort Worth, Texas

37 months ago

hey I'm pretty sure I'll be alone in this situation but have any of you missed your deadline for the phone/video interview and had your account withdrawn? Bad timing on my part, I was out of town and didn't take it within the 5 day period. My account is still showing withdrawn as of May 29 but I received another video invite two days ago. Of course I did the interview immediately! lol I'm thinking it was probably sent by mistake. I'll let you know if it opens my account back up or not (I'm hopeful but will be fine either way). Just excited to have a chance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

yvonne in Sacramento, California

37 months ago

glw60 in Round Lake, Illinois said: Hi single mamma.. I am from Mchenry and pretty much in the same situation. I flew out of ORD about 7 years ago for United. I have been applying at American and been turned down but have a F2F interview with USAirways on Wednesday. Like you, I am hesitant to go since they are not based out of ORD. I was hoping, that IF hired and once merged with AA there would be a possibility to get ORD. Like you, I am around the same age and not sure if I should really bother at this age anymore. I miss it tremendously, and AA was always my first choice of airlines.

Regardless of your age, if this is what you want, go for it. I am 47 and still trying. Never give up. AA is my first choice as well I am in a holding pattern right now. Waiting for ftf phone call. :)

37 months ago

Rnew2stew in Fort Worth, Texas said: hey I'm pretty sure I'll be alone in this situation but have any of you missed your deadline for the phone/video interview and had your account withdrawn? Bad timing on my part, I was out of town and didn't take it within the 5 day period. My account is still showing withdrawn as of May 29 but I received another video invite two days ago. Of course I did the interview immediately! lol I'm thinking it was probably sent by mistake. I'll let you know if it opens my account back up or not (I'm hopeful but will be fine either way). Just excited to have a chance!

My daughter did the same thing and received another email also. I think she plans to do her phone interview today. Good Luck!!

Rnew2stew in Fort Worth, Texas

37 months ago

yvonne in Sacramento, California said: My daughter did the same thing and received another email also. I think she plans to do her phone interview today. Good Luck!!

Good luck to you both!!! How fun would that be to go through training together.

kileykittykellyI in Visalia, California

37 months ago

yesgirl in Park Ridge, Illinois said: I've called twice, they said a recruiter will get back to me.

Then hang in there. I think you would have gotten the tbnt if they didn't want you.

Hello fa in ., Texas

37 months ago

Rnew2stew in Fort Worth, Texas said: hey I'm pretty sure I'll be alone in this situation but have any of you missed your deadline for the phone/video interview and had your account withdrawn? Bad timing on my part, I was out of town and didn't take it within the 5 day period. My account is still showing withdrawn as of May 29 but I received another video invite two days ago. Of course I did the interview immediately! lol I'm thinking it was probably sent by mistake. I'll let you know if it opens my account back up or not (I'm hopeful but will be fine either way). Just excited to have a chance!

I think that they realize that some people didn't get the original email or couldn't complete in 5 days for various reason.. So they called to remind or resent after the deadline. Good Luck :-)

singlemama in Algonquin, Illinois

37 months ago

glw60 in Round Lake, Illinois said: Hi single mamma.. I am from Mchenry and pretty much in the same situation. I flew out of ORD about 7 years ago for United. I have been applying at American and been turned down but have a F2F interview with USAirways on Wednesday. Like you, I am hesitant to go since they are not based out of ORD. I was hoping, that IF hired and once merged with AA there would be a possibility to get ORD. Like you, I am around the same age and not sure if I should really bother at this age anymore. I miss it tremendously, and AA was always my first choice of airlines.

glw60; Thanks for responding. I also flew with United 7 years ago! We might even know each other...Please feel free to email me at roadruner11@hotmail.com (one n in roadruner...)I'd love to talk to you!!! Put "flight attendant" in subject line and I'll also check spam. This decision is killing me!

pink 01 in Pompano Beach, Florida

37 months ago

hi everybody can any one tell me after the video interview, how long do they response to you for a f2f interview or for reject you. Thanks

FAhopefulAir in San Francisco, California

37 months ago

awilcox19 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: My training class starts the 24th too! Looking forward to seeing you there!

me toooo!! are you on FB?

promisingfuture in dallas, Texas

37 months ago

Nothing worse than still waiting for the TBNT...6 days later!! :/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

July 1 here I have a f/b group joles_70@hotmail.com it's for anyone who has passed f2f and in training

37 months ago

From f2f on

flyterri7 in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

pink 01 in Pompano Beach, Florida said: hi everybody can any one tell me after the video interview, how long do they response to you for a f2f interview or for reject you. Thanks

I did video on 5/21 got email on 5/24 to update everything online - then got phone call on 5/31 to schedule f2f - hope this helps- be patient- hard to do- i know - my process was fast - started on 5/12 with applying and finished with phone call on 6/14 to invite me to training - GOOD LUCK!!!!

DaFlyBoy in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: We bid for schedules based on seniority. Most of our trips are 3-days. On reserve, we can work up to 6 days.

So a lineholder and a reserve gets scheduled for 3 days on and 4 days off per week?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

awilcox19 in Indianapolis, Indiana

37 months ago

FAhopefulAir in San Francisco, California said: me toooo!! are you on FB?

Yes - shoot me an email. awilcox1990 [at] gmail.com (Obviously just replace [at] with @ - sometimes bots crawl these sites and put you on spam lists if you put the full email.)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

DaFlyBoy in Los Angeles, California said: So a lineholder and a reserve gets scheduled for 3 days on and 4 days off per week?

Its not necessarily 3 days on, 4 days off. It could be 3 on, 3 off and the only time you will have trips longer than 3 days is when you're on reserve. Line holders and reserves work about 15-18 days a month but what that schedule looks like will vary from month to month, base to base, and international vs. domestic.

tmee.tmee66@*****.*** in Phoenix, Arizona

37 months ago

Hello all I just completed my phone interview 6/13/2013 I'm so excited. I hope they call me. '-0

anna_lee in Temple, Texas

37 months ago

yes2fly said: Congratulations! I know you are super excited! Were you fingerprinted after your group day ended?

Yes I was right after the 1on1.....

37 months ago

FAhopefulAir in San Francisco, California said: me toooo!! are you on FB?

Hey I don't have FB but I'm also 24 June.... Here is my
Email ;-) anena132012@hotmail.com

meh in Dayton, Ohio

37 months ago

June 24 class also!!

37 months ago

meh in Dayton, Ohio said: June 24 class also!!

Yay! Last minute errands this week too? Lol

37 months ago

Jules in San Francisco, California said: July 1 here I have a f/b group joles_70@hotmail.com it's for anyone who has passed f2f and in training

Not on Facebook Hun but I have hotmail as well

37 months ago

Anna_Lee in Temple, Texas said: Not on Facebook Hun but I have hotmail as well

E mail me I look forward to seeing you in training :)

kiminlebanon in Lebanon, Maine

37 months ago

Hi All My fellow Forum Friends!
I have been busy at my current job working back to back shifts! (64 hrs. this past week...nights! ) Not a job that I like...a job that I have to do....Survival! In the meantime.....I check the forum, and try to catch up and gather information to help me to gain employment with American! Well.......FINALLY!!! I got 2 emails, and a call to do the video interview within 5 days! The call finally came when I was in the break room @ my job! I had to run out to talk in private! I am so excited, and now have to wait to hear if they will choose me for the next step! I am praying for a chance at a F2F! Trying to keep the FAITH!!!!:)*

37 months ago

Jules in San Francisco, California said: E mail me I look forward to seeing you in training :)

Will do ;-))))

office_in_the_sky in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: The most important thing on the Assessment Day is to go in feeling comfortable and confident. If keeping the mustache/goatee will make you feel self-conscious in front of the recruiters, then it may be best to shave. If you choose not to, just know that it is completely within uniform guidelines. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Thanks so much....I appreciate your advice and your well wishes!!

aa-us in Honolulu, Hawaii

37 months ago

The merger is coming right along!

news.yahoo.com/american-air-us-airways-set-leadership-merged-carrier

(Reuters) - The new American Airlines will be run largely by the current management of US Airways Group when the carriers merge to form the world's largest airline.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan

37 months ago

Kim in Lebanon in Lebanon, Maine said: Hi All My fellow Forum Friends!
I have been busy at my current job working back to back shifts! (64 hrs. this past week...nights! ) Not a job that I like...a job that I have to do....Survival! In the meantime.....I check the forum, and try to catch up and gather information to help me to gain employment with American! Well.......FINALLY!!! I got 2 emails, and a call to do the video interview within 5 days! The call finally came when I was in the break room @ my job! I had to run out to talk in private! I am so excited, and now have to wait to hear if they will choose me for the next step! I am praying for a chance at a F2F! Trying to keep the FAITH!!!!:)*

So happy to hear it Kim! I've been silently rooting for you and your wonderful attitude. Good luck!!!

Ready4takeoff in Bremen, Georgia

37 months ago

Has anyone personally been fingerprinted and not received a CJO?

naplesdave in Austin, Texas

37 months ago

Anna_Lee in Temple, Texas said: Hey Dave....i dont have my go yet but just so I can prepare would you send it to me as well? THANKS!!!

I would love to! How?

Dave

Rocky

37 months ago

Just to be sure, if we didn't get finger printed after the f2f, does that mean we are definitely out if the running?

yes2fly in Alpharetta, Georgia

37 months ago

Rocky said: Just to be sure, if we didn't get finger printed after the f2f, does that mean we are definitely out if the running?

Apparently not necessarily Rocky. There is a guy on here that posted the other day saying he was fingerprinted but received his TBNT shortly after and he has a clean background. it seems to continuously be shown that in this industry, there is no customary way of doing things, just gotta go with the flow of things until your own official TBNT. So this means, keep your head up! :)

kiminlebanon in Lebanon, Maine

37 months ago

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan said: So happy to hear it Kim! I've been silently rooting for you and your wonderful attitude. Good luck!!!

Hi Bailey25!
Gosh thanks so much for all your positive thoughts! I am so "INTO" this whole experience of just trying to do a great interview! I am trying to do each step well....Then, I will focus on the next step. I try not to "over think" a lot of unnecessary thoughts that I see here at times. Those kinds of thoughts "Muddy the Mind"!!! I have been trying for 3 yrs.now. I know that you should not say that it is my DREAM! ( So many say that! ) But, just for NOW...( BETWEEN FORUM FRIENDS! YES!ITS MY DREAM!) I know that I would be good at it! I just need to have my LUCKY moment to SHINE & be recognized by others that are already part of this GREAT AIRLINES! I hope that they see something in me that makes them want to work with ME! When I first started this whole PROCESS of trying to be a FA, I never realized how intense and difficult it would be for me to just get a F2F. My best advice to many of you here....Is to listen to YOURSELF, and go with your own GUT! Its okay to ask for advice. But, its important to BELIEVE in yourself! I have not had much support! I would not even have gotten a passport when I needed it if I had listened to everyone tell me that it would take 2 weeks at least! Well, I am so determined that I marched down to the post office on a late Fri. afternoon. Even the "Postmaster" said , "Sorry, its NOT going to HAPPEN"! Well, I got in my car and I called "The Passport Center". I had a passport in my HAND the next afternoon! I read all the time how old people feel that they are & I am so much older than them! I keep myself focused and think about flying. I FEEL and THINK the VISION! Stay POSITIVE! Believe in YOURSELF! Good Luck EVERYONE! Anxiously waiting for my phone to ring AGAIN!!!!:)*

naplesdave in Austin, Texas

37 months ago

DaFlyBoy in Los Angeles, California said: Whoever is currently employed or in training as an FA for AA, can you share how they schedule flight attendants after training? Like how many days per week are you scheduled?

From what I understand, we leave the day of graduation. For JFK, my base, we have three days of "Indoc", basically indoctrination covering everything from how to get around the airports to how to bid, crash pads, etc. Then we get four days off to go home, and then we fly back to base to officially report to work.

If you're asking a scheduling question, "there's a class for that". It's way too complex to get into in the confines of an online forum. Domestic based flight attendants are scheduled differently from International based.

Finally, fellow forum people, you need to know that one weeks' difference in seniority can make a world of difference in the airline world. Classmates graduating a week ahead of you may be able to hold a much better schedule than you simply because they are a week senior to you. So do everything you can to get here and begin training. The more you put it off due to whatever reason, the worse your position. I know sometimes you can't help requesting a future date because of "life", just understand how critical this seniority thing is in your new career. :)

Make it an awesome week!
Dave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

scoobydoo in Euless, Texas

37 months ago

When people say on her their profile has been updated, are you all talking about on aa.com on the career pages and if so where? thanks

scoobydoo in Irving, Texas

37 months ago

HERE

37 months ago

Naplesdave in Austin, Texas said: From what I understand, we leave the day of graduation. For JFK, my base, we have three days of "Indoc", basically indoctrination covering everything from how to get around the airports to how to bid, crash pads, etc. Then we get four days off to go home, and then we fly back to base to officially report to work.

If you're asking a scheduling question, "there's a class for that". It's way too complex to get into in the confines of an online forum. Domestic based flight attendants are scheduled differently from International based.

Finally, fellow forum people, you need to know that one weeks' difference in seniority can make a world of difference in the airline world. Classmates graduating a week ahead of you may be able to hold a much better schedule than you simply because they are a week senior to you. So do everything you can to get here and begin training. The more you put it off due to whatever reason, the worse your position. I know sometimes you can't help requesting a future date because of "life", just understand how critical this seniority thing is in your new career. :)

Make it an awesome week!
Dave

Hey dave I'm Italian LOD and will probably be based at JFK I start July 1 not sure if I will see you in training but wanted to thank you for all top your help

ejh04 in Sacramento, California

37 months ago

Jules in San Francisco, California said: July 1 here I have a f/b group joles_70@hotmail.com it's for anyone who has passed f2f and in training

Hi Jules, I'm unable to find your group for some reason, would you mind sending me an invite? My fb email is lisha.lish.5at40facebook.com. If that doesnt work then my regular email is mslishajenee@gmail. I was originally in class 13-14 but had to leave, so I'm returning to the June 24th training.

borntofly623 in Laguna Hills, California

37 months ago

Has anybody waited longer then 10 days after updating your profile for a f2f phone call? Mine still says updated June 7th!! How much longer do you think it will take, and will I for sure get a call?
Frustrated and non patiently waiting........

promisingfuture in dallas, Texas

37 months ago

Rocky said: Just to be sure, if we didn't get finger printed after the f2f, does that mean we are definitely out if the running?

hey Rocky, when did you have your f2f? I had mine june 10, and was not fingerprinted...but have yet to receive my TBNT. It's been 7 days.

CCC in El Sobrante, California

37 months ago

Just got my call today for my F2F interview!

Here's how it went for me:

Applied: 5/23
Received invitation for video/phone interview: 5/31
Completed video interview: 6/5
Received letter to update application: 6/7
Updated application: 6/9
Received phone call for F2F interview: 6/17
Scheduled F2F interview: 6/22, 10am

Just be patient guys. Good luck!

37 months ago

borntofly623 in Laguna Hills, California said: Has anybody waited longer then 10 days after updating your profile for a f2f phone call? Mine still says updated June 7th!! How much longer do you think it will take, and will I for sure get a call?
Frustrated and non patiently waiting........

Mine was updated June 5th and I'm still waiting. Try to keep busy and not think about it.

Page:  « First « Previous   535  536  537  538  539  540  541  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.