American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2851 to 2900 of 54894)
Page:  « First « Previous   55  56  57  58  59  60  61  Next »   Last »

Purser in Vancouver, Washington

44 months ago

Fast&Furious in Chicago, Illinois said: Purser,Mara,DwittyJazzy....

Aloha;))))

Aloha!
Speaking of which, I just cancelled my Hawaiian Airlines interview slot that I had scheduled.... feeling a little sad about that, but all things considered, I knew it was the right thing to do.... How are you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin

44 months ago

Jean-Luke Beauvoir in Louisiana said: So, as of tonight we know/assume the following:

1) Some applicants have received an email inviting them to do a phone interview.

2) Some applicants have received an email asking to fill out a more comprehensive application for background check, etc.

3) Some applicants have received an email inviting them to a face-to-face interview in Dallas with dates to be determined. It is suspected that interview will begin in early December.

4) Flight Attendants hired in this hiring stage will not have to sit on Reserve status for years, with most Flight Attendants actually being able to hold a line right off the bat with a few reserve days mixed in.

5) Training will begin on January 28 for 8 1/2 weeks.

6) Bases are: DFW, LGA, ORD, MIA, LAX.

7) There is no particular order (i.e. speaking a second language, current employee, time and date in which you applied, etc.) in which American Airlines is inviting applicants to do a phone interview or be invited to a face-to-face interview.

If there is anything I have left out, please add it in. I know we will all breathe a sigh of relief once we actually land in Dallas for our interviews and even better get asked to attend training!

#3---Really?! Who??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

wAAnnAAbe AA in Toledo, Ohio

44 months ago

Jean-Luke Beauvoir in Louisiana said: So, as of tonight we know/assume the following:

1) Some applicants have received an email inviting them to do a phone interview.

2) Some applicants have received an email asking to fill out a more comprehensive application for background check, etc.

3) Some applicants have received an email inviting them to a face-to-face interview in Dallas with dates to be determined. It is suspected that interview will begin in early December.

4) Flight Attendants hired in this hiring stage will not have to sit on Reserve status for years, with most Flight Attendants actually being able to hold a line right off the bat with a few reserve days mixed in.

7) There is no particular order (i.e. speaking a second language, current employee, time and date in which you applied, etc.) in which American Airlines is inviting applicants to do a phone interview or be invited to a face-to-face interview.

If there is anything I have left out, please add it in. I know we will all breathe a sigh of relief once we actually land in Dallas for our interviews and even better get asked to attend training!

So there is an actual face to face invitation? I thought it was part of the background email? That it had to be completed before an invitation was sent?

Sora in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

Thank you!!! Speaking of second language, is a certain language going to be based out of certain cities only?

jean-lukebeauvoir in Louisiana

44 months ago

We can pretty much assume that if anyone has received a rejection email, they probably are not active on this forum. It is a good chance that they may or may not have met the minimum requirements for the position. Also, I do not believe that any of us this forum will be rejected solely based on the fact that we have done our homework. I can safely say that WE genuinely want this position and will do very well at it. WE all will be a great asset to American Airlines and each of us will bring something entirely different to the table, yet all share one common interest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to flight 1979 with non-stop service to Paradise. My name is Jean-Luke and I will be one of your Flight Attendants on this flight. I am being assisted by the lovely Justin in the rear cabin along with his new girlfriend which happens to be my ex-wife, Becky. If there is anything you need, make sure you ask Becky, as she is very quick to bend over backwards to help someone. Sit back, relax and enjoy your flight! Thank you for flying with us today!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Phillll in Rochester, New York

44 months ago

Donny Stubbs in Montego Bay, Jamaica said: I have a question. Are flight attendants allowed to commute?

I remember reading somewhere that AA flight benefits dont start for 6 months (might be wrong on this) but either way you would be able to commute on other airlines that have jumpseat agreement with AA since AA would not know what you are doing. Keep in mind that the airlines have cut capacity by 2/3 since 2001. Prior to that time you could jump on a plane and go to Paris for lunch and come back the same day but now flights are pretty much full and projected to be cut another 4-5 percent next year. You could commute but you would have to be on the first flight of the day since they typically have open seats and be very wary of weather. I would not recommend it until at least a year in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dwitty in Washington, District of Columbia

44 months ago

Aloha;))))

Aloha, and that word is so sweet for me to hear, my oldest son is in the Navy stationed at kbay on oahu, lives by pearl harbor, and is having our first grandbaby in a month!! Love Hawaii, the spirit and love that is Hawaii, Mahalo!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chloe22 in Portland, Oregon

44 months ago

Has anyone been contacted for a face-to-face interview? If so, how were you notified? E-mail, phone call? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nycs in Long Island, New York

44 months ago

Jean-Luke Beauvoir in Louisiana said: We can pretty much assume that if anyone has received a rejection email, they probably are not active on this forum. It is a good chance that they may or may not have met the minimum requirements for the position. Also, I do not believe that any of us this forum will be rejected solely based on the fact that we have done our homework. I can safely say that WE genuinely want this position and will do very well at it. WE all will be a great asset to American Airlines and each of us will bring something entirely different to the table, yet all share one common interest.

Thank You for always being informative. I read 1 of your posts on previous page and had cople questions for you. However I on;t want to post it on here.
Can you email me (globalflying3@gmail.com)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wings2fly in Dallas, Texas

44 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: #3---Really?! Who??

#2 and #3 are one and the same e-mail

nycs in Long Island, New York

44 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: Possible American Airlines Interview Questions posted on line from their job division. i read that these are questionsa they like to ask dring the F2F!!!
Prepare for your interview by reviewing the questions below. Think about how you would answer these types of questions.
•How long were you employed with your last employer?
•Do you enjoy flying?
•How do you handle stress on the job?
•How long are you willing to work with American Airlines?
•Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker – how did you handle it?
•Do you enjoy serving people?
1. Tell me about yourself?

2. Why do you want to work for American Airlines?

3. What can you do for this company?

4. How would your past experience translate into success in this job?

5. What can you do for American Airlines that other candidates can’t?

6. What do you know about American Airlines?

7. Why should American Airlines hire you?

8. Do you know anyone who works for American Airlines?

9. Explain how you would be an asset to American Airlines?

10. Please tell me some products/services of American Airlines in the market? What are likes/dislikes of them?

Thank You Mara...Good Luck

44 months ago

wings2fly in Dallas, Texas said: #2 and #3 are one and the same e-mail

What does this mean?

KEW in Greensboro, North Carolina

44 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: I just uploaded my resume and did not copy and paste it. However, I copied and pasted my cover letter.

Anywhere It asked for my resume/cover letter I put it there. Who knows if the first thing the HR people read is the cover letter, so I wanted to make sure it was everywhere it could be along with my resume.

Gaucha in Missouri

44 months ago

Fast&Furious in Chicago, Illinois said: Well Thank you!! I just couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore.

Other than that I really enjoy the passion,kindness,humor and cheeseheafs on here!

Fast&Furious in Chicago, Illinois said: I have been monitoring this website for months. I work for AMR and have several close friends that are recruiters currently involved in this selection process. EVERY single one of
them thinks that you are the most VAIN and obnoxious person indeed has seen to date. You do realize that AA is not like AE...you will not be the only FA onboard
God jelp us if we have to spend 14 hours in a pressurized vessel with you sister!!!
Get a grip on yourself..let the conversation flow....carry on darlings......

To whom was this posted??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: iamtyco in Chicago, Illinois

I kind of doubt the validity of Gaucha's claim. Making comments like that would jeopardize a real employee's job.

Gaucha in Missouri

44 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: iamtyco in Chicago, Illinois

Thanks UR

love is in the air in New York, New York

44 months ago

#5 How said training starts on January 28th?

#6 They also have JFK

iamtyco in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

I'm a brother ;]

kimmi0427

44 months ago

Yes, u cud add those of us that havnt received the ph email OR a rejection letter. Im hoping were still in the running!!! Don't count us out!!!! :(

MyFAWings in Shelton, Connecticut

44 months ago

Hopefully they won't kimmi! Sooo looking forward to what the week will bring.

Gaucha in Missouri

44 months ago

Chloe22 in Portland, Oregon said: I kind of doubt the validity of Gaucha's claim. Making comments like that would jeopardize a real employee's job.

??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Gaucha in Missouri said: ??

How could you not know what I'm referencing?

"Fast&Furious in Chicago, Illinois said: I have been monitoring this website for months. I work for AMR and have several close friends that are recruiters currently involved in this selection process. EVERY single one of
them thinks that you are the most VAIN and obnoxious person indeed has seen to date. You do realize that AA is not like AE...you will not be the only FA onboard
God jelp us if we have to spend 14 hours in a pressurized vessel with you sister!!!
Get a grip on yourself..let the conversation flow....carry on darlings......"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

44 months ago

Or was this posted by "Fast & Furious?" I don't know....this whole thread is a mess.

Chloe22 in Portland, Oregon said: How could you not know what I'm referencing?

"Fast&Furious in Chicago, Illinois said: I have been monitoring this website for months. I work for AMR and have several close friends that are recruiters currently involved in this selection process. EVERY single one of
Get a grip on yourself..let the conversation flow....carry on darlings......"

live2fly in Priest Lake, Idaho

44 months ago

Could someone tell me what the phone interview consisted of? Thanks!

44 months ago

Jean-Luke Beauvoir in Louisiana said: Here is an informational video on AA hiring FA's

aluminumlady.com/aluminum-lady-announces-end-of-flight-attendant-hiring-freeze/

Hilarious!!!! Thanks!

Gaucha in Missouri

44 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: I was posted early this morning by Fast & Furious to iamtyco in Chicago, Illinois which he just said he is a brother.
The back and forth its been happening since yesterday. Mr. iamtyco has zero tolerance when talking about another airline.
That is how everything started.

I also posted somethings that most of did not like it. But, I was just being realist about the way a lot of "supposedly" growing up people react in this forum. They applied about 10 days ago, and already freaking out about not getting an e-mail, etc, etc.... Even if you do not have "any" experience with the airline industry, it is common sense that when they have thousands of applicants and specially in this industry, the hiring process takes sometimes months for them to contact you(if. However, I do not have anything to do with what happened earlier today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

OK, thanks. I will stay out of that then...don't want to prolong any drama.

Gaucha in Missouri said: I also posted somethings that most of did not like it. But, I was just being realist about the way a lot of "supposedly" growing up people react in this forum. They applied about 10 days ago, and already freaking out about not getting an e-mail, etc, etc.... Even if you do not have "any" experience with the airline industry, it is common sense that when they have thousands of applicants and specially in this industry, the hiring process takes sometimes months for them to contact you(if. However, I do not have anything to do with what happened earlier today.

44 months ago

Chloe22 in Portland, Oregon said: I kind of doubt the validity of Gaucha's claim. Making comments like that would jeopardize a real employee's job.

Not really...You should go check out the united forum...Half the people on there literally tell you to not even apply. You will be miserable, etc..and they are all current employees!!!!

I think that everyone has a right to their opinions! I would just prefer to be nice to everyone, it's my nature:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

live2fly in Priest Lake, Idaho said: Could someone tell me what the phone interview consisted of? Thanks!

I don't think it's fair to you (in the fact that your responses will not be spontaneous) or to anyone who has done the phone screen to share any of the questions. However, I would advise to listen very carefully and take notes as you are able to. I was given five scenarios & questions to respond to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Tomorrow is a new day with new beginnings....goodluck to us all...Goodnight:)))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Phillll in Rochester, New York said: A credit report will be pulled as part of the FBI background check. Unless something horrible is in there, like you not being who you say you are, it will not affect you. The same background check is used for pilots and FA's but the actual review of the pilots is higher as they are required to "be of high moral character" as one of the requirements to hold an ATP certificate from the FAA. They figure someone highly in debt or with big money problems could be considered a security threat as you may be vulnerable.

Just having a BK, lots of debt or other credit issues will not disqualify you. Also, there is no way they would require you to have 1500.00

My ex totally screwed me over financially and I'm wondering if you're able to explain if there is something bad on your credit report...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: Tomorrow is a new day with new beginnings....goodluck to us all...Goodnight:)))

So do you know what's next for you Mara? Probably having them contact you to schedule you for a F2F right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Chloe22 in Portland, Oregon said: Or was this posted by "Fast & Furious?" I don't know....this whole thread is a mess.

The thread isn't a mess. People just have to understand that everything in life won't go the way they want it to and we cannot control others actions, only our own! We could all be working together one day and we should just agree to disagree!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

MyFAWings in Shelton, Connecticut said: So do you know what's next for you Mara? Probably having them contact you to schedule you for a F2F right?

I wish I knew! I was expecting a phone number to call or something after the 2nd email with detailed background info but it was more of a thank you for completing this necessary step and we'll be in touch!

It's a mystery to me as well....

44 months ago

live2fly in Priest Lake, Idaho said: My ex totally screwed me over financially and I'm wondering if you're able to explain if there is something bad on your credit report...

I wouldn't even worry about that,promise:)

44 months ago

Chloe22 in Portland, Oregon said: I don't think it's fair to you (in the fact that your responses will not be spontaneous) or to anyone who has done the phone screen to share any of the questions. However, I would advise to listen very carefully and take notes as you are able to. I was given five scenarios & questions to respond to.

I was just wondering if it was a person or a recording and how long it lasted. I've heard different information. I don't need the questions, I've flown for 23 years and I think I've probably hit every scenario possible-LOL. I was just curious. Thanks.

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

Aloha;))))

Aloha fast&furious!!

Ready for an exciting week ahead?! :0)

44 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: I wouldn't even worry about that,promise:)

Thanks Mara :)

44 months ago

live2fly in Priest Lake, Idaho said: I was just wondering if it was a person or a recording and how long it lasted. I've heard different information. I don't need the questions, I've flown for 23 years and I think I've probably hit every scenario possible-LOL. I was just curious. Thanks.

It's like 7-8 minutes long, depending on your answers! I believe you have 3 minutes per answer.

44 months ago

thejazzygirl in Los Angeles, California said: Aloha fast&furious!!

Ready for an exciting week ahead?! :0)

Excited for what this next week brings???

44 months ago

live2fly in Priest Lake, Idaho said: I was just wondering if it was a person or a recording and how long it lasted. I've heard different information. I don't need the questions, I've flown for 23 years and I think I've probably hit every scenario possible-LOL. I was just curious. Thanks.

It's a recording and it doesn't take more than 15-20 mins.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: The thread isn't a mess. People just have to understand that everything in life won't go the way they want it to and we cannot control others actions, only our own! We could all be working together one day and we should just agree to disagree!!

In my opinion, which I believe I'm allowed to express, it IS a mess. What was that about agreeing to disagree? LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

MyFAWings in Shelton, Connecticut said: It's a recording and it doesn't take more than 15-20 mins.

Same with mine.

Purser in Vancouver, Washington

44 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: Excited for what this next week brings???

Jazz and Mara, be sure to update us just as soon as you hear something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: I understood your question same way Chloe22 in Portland did. 23 years??? You should give us some tips LOL!!!

Sorry I wasn't clear before. Sure if you have any questions let me know. I flew domestic for half my career and International the second half. I was tired of commuting a long way after working 10- 16 hour flights from either HNL,BOM,HKG etc...to EWR and then ending up on a jumpseat for at least 6 hours to SEA because the flights were so full and would still have another leg to get on to go home not to mention a 2 1/2 hour drive once I got there! I thought it was time to move on. It took me 6 months and I was missing flying so much and felt like I made a BIG mistake. Now I'm divorced and I can move where ever I want and would love to get back flying again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia

44 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: How long is the phone interview?

UR FA..where have you been? All of that has been discussed at length, some people even gave a "possible" list of questions.
Dont want to paste them in here and re-start the controversy, but im sure you can find out a couple of pages back. Good luck Dahling!

44 months ago

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia said: UR FA..where have you been? All of that has been discussed at length, some people even gave a "possible" list of questions.
Dont want to paste them in here and re-start the controversy, but im sure you can find out a couple of pages back. Good luck Dahling!

UR FA was referring to live2fly's post.

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia

44 months ago

I just passed by some kind of establishment, they had the radio on and were playing "you cant hurry love" and it ocurred to me that You cant hurry American Airlines ......LOL !!

Page:  « First « Previous   55  56  57  58  59  60  61  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.