American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 55020)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

SkyClub in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Google it! And learn the abbreations of the industry you want to be part of!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

PILOT1976 in Memphis, Tennessee

29 months ago

paris in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: This question is for PILOT- what do you think the maxium age would be for a woman to apply for FA ????

WE AT AMR HAVE VERY STRICT RULES WHEN IT COMES TO DIVERSITY AND EOE STANDARDS! AS LONG AS YOU CAN PERFORM ALL DUTIES WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS AGE SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM! ALSO, EXPECT TO SPEND ABOUT A WEEK OF TRAINING ON SEXUAL HARRASEMENT. THE INDUSTRY IS BEING JOINED IS BECOMING MORE DIVERSE WHEN IT COMES TO MALE/FEMALE RATIO, AND THE COMPANY WANTS TO AVOID LAWSUITS! GOOD LUCK, NOT MATTER YOUR AGE, AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU CAN DO THE JOB! I AM THINKING OF STARTING A FACEBOOK PAGE, SO WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER OUT WHEN TRAINING TIME COMES! I LET YOU ALL KNOW WHEN I DO! I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS ONE ALREADY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SWAFA in Arlington, Texas

29 months ago

Pilot-that's a great idea...will be very informative

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia

29 months ago

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona said: oh guys come on now we are all suppose to be a big team and help each other. I would strongly appreciate if someone does not know something let them know it is all a learning process and how can you learn if you dont know. If anyone wants to know about american or eagle let me know, I would be more then welcome to help you out to assit you with the hiring process or standards that they have. I have been a employee of AA in the past and know the process and for eagle as well. So guys stick together. Let me say this, it all starts here and make friends help one another, help each other in traning and god knows you could be workng the same a/c on eagle or American! I will not tolerate any negative energy from anyone against other cause
I like to help people and isn't that what the f/a position is all about. I think if you
can not help each other here how in the world you going to help a fellow crew memeber or passenger for assistance. I am not trying to be the hule of the hound, but trying to keep this simple and easy, to the point. I have been a flight attendant for many years and would help each and everyone of you, to succeed in the process, training and on line ( meaning a schedule flight attendant with a schedule) to succeed and be professional. I know it is tiresome, but worth it for the wait, I have waited as well along with most of you. Be there for each other and things will go well for all of you..let me know If I can help you at jarehead1264@aol.com. no question is stupid and yes I use to be a instructor, so please contact me wth your comments r concern. rh

We understand All that but I think what rubbed people the wrong way is her authoritative approach about it, were she didnt seem to be asking nicely and instead was telling people to STOP (in capital letters) using lingo. Im just saying, ask nicely and you will receive nicely as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Santa Monica, California

29 months ago

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia said: We understand All that but I think what rubbed people the wrong way is her authoritative approach about it, were she didnt seem to be asking nicely and instead was telling people to STOP (in capital letters) using lingo. Im just saying, ask nicely and you will receive nicely as well.

fa4ever...Thank you so very much for your kindness and generosity! Just wanted to let you know, I am grateful.

29 months ago

WannaFly in North Sioux City, South Dakota said: No problem Pamela!! I am Lutheran, but also more spiritual than anything else. :) You sound like an awesome person, and I believe AA would be proud to have you as a FA. Heres to hoping that we both obtain our dreams, and maybe work a flight together!! Best wishes, and stay in touch!!

All the very best for you, too, WannaFly!

Thejazzygirl in Burbank, California

29 months ago

Just 2 more days!!! Well, 1 really!!

So excited!

Question: does anyone know what are all the most junior bases?? I heard LGA is one of em, but what are the others?

Much appreciated! :0)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Silverwaters05

29 months ago

Thejazzygirl in Burbank, California said: Just 2 more days!!! Well, 1 really!!

So excited!

Question: does anyone know what are all the most junior bases?? I heard LGA is one of em, but what are the others?

Much appreciated! :0)

ORD is a junior base. DFW, LAX, MIA, and I believe Boston are the big bases.

Metamorphysis

29 months ago

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia said: We understand All that but I think what rubbed people the wrong way is her authoritative approach about it, were she didnt seem to be asking nicely and instead was telling people to STOP (in capital letters) using lingo. Im just saying, ask nicely and you will receive nicely as well.

Excuse me, but with all do respect, I did ask nicely the very first time, and people continue to not have consideration for others who are new to the field. How would all the veteran FA's feel if they were new to the career trying to join in the conversation and can't understand a word people are talking about when they're abbreviating and even though you're trying to learn, and have others telling you to look it up? So much for helping each other out. And no, I was not being authoritative, just frustrated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer09 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

29 months ago

Dwitty in Winchester, Virginia said: Sorry if this was already covered on here, but is AA using PBS?

No we don't have PBS yet. at both AA and AE we still use the old bid packets with lines built by CS. AMR wants pbs because its more cost effective. You wont be able to bid into any conflicts as pbs will build around all training vacation, 7 day ect.

GoodBye APFA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

29 months ago

ORD is currently pretty senior!! MIA is still pretty junior though and so is JFK. But there has not been hiring in many years. If the Nationals were let go MIA would be much bigger tho........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SWAFA in Dallas, Texas

29 months ago

Metamorphysis said: Once again, be helpful and supportive....not an ahole who thinks it's okay to be mean...right SWAFA?

Sticks and Stones

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia

29 months ago

Metamorphysis said: Excuse me, but with all do respect, I did ask nicely the very first time, and people continue to not have consideration for others who are new to the field. How would all the veteran FA's feel if they were new to the career trying to join in the conversation and can't understand a word people are talking about when they're abbreviating and even though you're trying to learn, and have others telling you to look it up? So much for helping each other out.
And no, I was not being authoritative, just
frustrated.

HI,

To be honest, I dont understand some of the
terms either, but I try to read between the lines or if you follow the forum long enough some things get "translated" eventually in fact a couple of entries above somebody talked a little more about the type of scheduling system "PBS" is.

So, trust me, it all reveals itself, we just have to be
a little patient and "go with the flow".

(Plus in 8 1/2 weeks of training, you will learn all
this stuff).

Best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

italiangirl in Bartlett, Illinois

29 months ago

since chicago is pretty senior does that mean any of those attendants took the buyout and maybe they will place new hires at ord?

Thejazzygirl in Riverside, California

29 months ago

GoodBye APFA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: ORD is currently pretty senior!! MIA is still pretty junior though and so is JFK. But there has not been hiring in many years. If the Nationals were let go MIA would be much bigger tho........

Thank u so much 'goodbye'! I'm just hoping if hired I get NY as my base. I really really want NY. :)

29 months ago

@Thejazzygirl- NY is one of AA's best bases IMO :) They have some Europe, transcons etc

@italiangirl- you never know really, but, ORD is a pretty big base for AA so you will eventually be able to get there or do a mutual transfer- just not sure if you will get it right out of training.

As for Speakers, I recall a few years back all the Spanish speakers were getting DFW- when the ones I knew all wanted MIA... They did eventually get to MIA though

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TravelBeetle in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

GoodBye APFA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: ORD is currently pretty senior!! MIA is still pretty junior though and so is JFK. But there has not been hiring in many years. If the Nationals were let go MIA would be much bigger tho........

GoodBye - Can you tell us if lga/jfk are covered by the same base or flight attendant group? From what I understand, JFK is more intl, and lga, more domestic flights. I've heard that new hires will fly mainly domestic, and I assumed more lga than JFK. Thanks a lot. Also, is EWR included in the NY base assignment?

29 months ago

The way AA currently has it set up is if you are an international FA in NY- JFK is your base and if you are domestic LGA is your base. BUT, even if you are technically LGA based you still fly out of JFK if that makes sense. And JFK seldom flies out of LGA. Once they complete the merging of international and domestic the AA base labels won’t matter though. Hope this helps.

SkyGuy in Lake Wales, Florida

29 months ago

Does anyone know what time they will begin accepting online applications tomorrow, 11/5? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

arare1 in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

Looking forward to tomorrow when we can all apply. Good luck everyone

LilLily in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

Metamorphysis said: Once again, be helpful and supportive....not an ahole who thinks it's okay to be mean...right SWAFA?

Why are you cussing at someone who isn't cussing at you? Maybe you should try showing the kind of respect that you're demanding from everyone else.

When I first started reading here I didn't know what anything meant, either, and--yeah--it was frustrating. But instead of ordering complete strangers to change an INDUSTRY WIDE way of communicating I took matters into my own hands. If I didn't know what ORD meant, I googled it. Done. It's really simple.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LIGirl55 in Suffolk County, New York

29 months ago

I am on Long Island and have no Internet do you think at 9am tomorrow morning I can apply when I get to work ? wishing everyone the best of luck :)

Thejazzygirl in Burbank, California

29 months ago

GoodBye APFA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: @Thejazzygirl- NY is one of AA's best bases IMO :) They have some Europe, transcons etc

@italiangirl- you never know really, but, ORD is a pretty big base for AA so you will eventually be able to get there or do a mutual transfer- just not sure if you will get it right out of training.

As for Speakers, I recall a few years back all the Spanish speakers were getting DFW- when the ones I knew all wanted MIA... They did eventually get to MIA though

Thanx Goodbye!! Though , uhoh, I hope I don't get offered DFW as I'm a Spanish speaker. Eek!

But, whatever, it's one step at a time. First things first. Apply tomorrow!!

Can't wait. :)

LIGirl55 in Suffolk County, New York

29 months ago

Want to add I have no power at home, hurricane Sandy made a mess of our area

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

29 months ago

***WARNING*** I want EVERYONE to remember that American will have access to this forum and they are probably monitoring it as we speak. It wouldn't be hard for a huge company like American to be able to connect the dots back to who says what on this forum. Just be careful about what you say and how you say it. Hope everyone has their resumes in order and are ready for the big day tomorrow. Remain positive and good luck to all!

fly2013 in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

LIGirl55 in Suffolk County, New York said: Want to add I have no power at home, hurricane Sandy made a mess of our area

I'm so sorry to hear that....I wish you very well....and pray you get this job

Silverwaters05

29 months ago

LIGirl55 in Suffolk County, New York said: Want to add I have no power at home, hurricane Sandy made a mess of our area

You can always apply on your phone. It's rather tedious and you'll have to manually fill out information from your resume. But it is another option if you can't get access to a computer. I'm sorry about your situation. I'm sure things will work out soon. They always seem to. Good luck!

italiangirl in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

29 months ago

does anyone know if the application will be up at midnight tonight? Or what time tomorrow?

Silverwaters05

29 months ago

italiangirl in Elk Grove Village, Illinois said: does anyone know if the application will be up at midnight tonight? Or what time tomorrow?

I don't think anyone knows Italiangirl. You would be better checking at midnight and refreshing the page.

italiangirl in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

29 months ago

ok silverwaters thanks

European FA in Dana Point, California

29 months ago

To FA4ever,
Thank You for your kind words of encouraging team work.

It should be welcome of everyone else just when posting to be more specific with the language in order to help those who are new to this industry. it should nicely done instead of telling others what to do or how to look up things on google. When reading forums no one wants to stop and start looking up things on google. These forums are set up to HELP EACH OTHER. START NOW. IT WILL HELP IN TRAINING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Burbank, California

29 months ago

LIGirl55 in Suffolk County, New York said: I am on Long Island and have no Internet do you think at 9am tomorrow morning I can apply when I get to work ? wishing everyone the best of luck :)

Oh no! I hope you get power soon. Im so sorry you're going through rough patches with Sandy's aftermath.

But, know that u can probably apply up until december or so. It's not just Nov. 5 but every day thereafter. woohoo.

I've been praying for you folks in East Coast. :)

WannaFly in North Sioux City, South Dakota

29 months ago

Thoughts and prayers going out to all those affected by Hurrican Sandy! Be safe!

29 months ago

WannaFly in North Sioux City, South Dakota said: Thoughts and prayers going out to all those affected by Hurrican Sandy! Be safe!

thanks Goodbye - Do you mean that after merging of domestic/intl, that new people will be flying a lot more intl?

29 months ago

GoodBye APFA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: The way AA currently has it set up is if you are an international FA in NY- JFK is your base and if you are domestic LGA is your base. BUT, even if you are technically LGA based you still fly out of JFK if that makes sense. And JFK seldom flies out of LGA. Once they complete the merging of international and domestic the AA base labels won’t matter though. Hope this helps.

thanks Goodbye - Do you mean that after merging of domestic/intl, that new people will be flying a lot more intl?

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

TravelBeetle in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: thanks Goodbye - Do you mean that after merging of domestic/intl, that new people will be flying a lot more intl?

It doesn't mean that at all, it just means that there will not be two separate divisions.

29 months ago

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: It doesn't mean that at all, it just means that there will not be two separate divisions.

If we are fortunate enough to be hired though, does that mean that we will mainly fly domestic for many years, or at least 1st 2yrs? Thanks again for all of your answers.

SKYStheLIMIT in Howard Beach, New York

29 months ago

did i really sit here on my computer thinking they would post this job at 12am?? ahhhh how long must i wait!! lol

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

29 months ago

SKYStheLIMIT in Howard Beach, New York said: did i really sit here on my computer thinking they would post this job at 12am?? ahhhh how long must i wait!! lol

Your not alone :)

Dwitty in Winchester, Virginia

29 months ago

No your not alone, lots of company, anyone got coffee??? Lets hope that it posts at 12 central time!!

AA2B

29 months ago

me too! hopefully its 12 am tx time :D

29 months ago

Dwitty in Winchester, Virginia said: No your not alone, lots of company, anyone got coffee??? Lets hope that it posts at 12 central time!!

Jeez...I'm on the West Coast. Do I have to wait another 2 1/2 hours? It's not April Fool's, right??? It's probably Texas time...

LuckyLeo in Charlotte, North Carolina

29 months ago

Waiting over here as well...haha.

Silverwaters05 in Kansas City, Missouri

29 months ago

Haha, You are totally not alone! We should have made this a party lol

29 months ago

i can only imagine how many hundreds or thousands of us are continuously clicking "Refresh" on site... lol

Dwitty in Winchester, Virginia

29 months ago

Silverwaters05 in Kansas City, Missouri said: Haha, You are totally not alone! We should have made this a party lol

Looks like we have :)))

B737Princess in New York, New York

29 months ago

You guys ^^^ above are seriously too funny! roflol, Pamela, in California, asking if you have to wait another 2.5 hrs due to the time difference, and is it April Fool's Day? hahaha. I needed a smile, so thxs!

Anyhow, good luck to ALL that apply, when the link is open! :)

Silverwaters05 in Kansas City, Missouri

29 months ago

Dwitty in Winchester, Virginia said: Looks like we have :)))

You know, this is quite exciting. 30 more minutes til its 12am central standard time.

29 months ago

woohooo!!! c'mon aa......C'MON!!!!

B737Princess in New York, New York

29 months ago

Silverwaters05 in Kansas City, Missouri said: You know, this is quite exciting. 30 more minutes til its 12am central standard time.

Well, it's 12:39am here in EST, and the link is not up. Watch, all the ones not waiting on it, anxiously patiently (lol) are fast asleep, while we all waiting will putter out, then go to sleep. The ones that are asleep will wake up while we are OUT OF IT TIRED from waiting, and they will get to apply and, maybe, be called in the first set of calls. hahah.

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.