American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 54699)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

Yvonne in Sacramento, California

22 months ago

Purser in Vancouver, Washington said: Hi Pamela
This may help you to feel a little better about the money situation in training. While in training most of your needs associated w/training (financial) are met, in other words, your room and board... you really need minimal $ while actually in training. Perhaps money for a haircut/laundry/some odd toiletry that you might have forgot to bring. Essentially just little things here and there, perhaps a meal out away from the training facility once or twice. Training itself, is a pretty low financial burden on candidates... perhaps getting set up in a crash pad will present some burden after training, but often a F/A runs the place and the initial $ is less than getting a traditional apt/rent. Somehow it all works out, if you can just have your standard bills at home paid. F/A's out of training tend to really pull together, and I have seen what might be considered "miracles" w/flight crews helping one another. I hope this helps.

Hi Purser,

This helps me out as well. Thank you!!!! Do you think bringing a few hundred dollars to training would be sufficient?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Santa Monica, California

22 months ago

This may help you to feel a little better about the money situation in training. While in training most of your needs associated w/training (financial) are met, in other words, your room and board... you really need minimal $ while actually in training. Perhaps money for a haircut/laundry/some odd toiletry that you might have forgot to bring. Essentially just little things here and there, perhaps a meal out away from the training facility once or twice. Training itself, is a pretty low financial burden on candidates... perhaps getting set up in a crash pad will present some burden after training, but often a F/A runs the place and the initial $ is less than getting a traditional apt/rent. Somehow it all works out, if you can just have your standard bills at home paid. F/A's out of training tend to really pull together, and I have seen what might be considered "miracles" w/flight crews helping one another. I hope this helps.

Thank you, Purser. Someone commented earlier that we had to pay for our food while there. So, are you saying we eat for free at the cafeteria at the training center? Also, does AA pay for the flight to and from training? Thank you so very much for your help and generosity!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Purser in Vancouver, Washington

22 months ago

Yvonne in Sacramento, California said: Hi Purser,

This helps me out as well. Thank you!!!! Do you think bringing a few hundred dollars to training would be sufficient?

Hi Yvonne, I think that if you are prepared to only buy the occasional necessity and to eat at the training facility most of the time, you should be Ok. I do remember (when I was in training w/another carrier) that once we got our uniforms I had buy regulation shoes, well most of us did... and that was prob the most money I spent in training.

Jacqui

22 months ago

PILOT1976 in Collierville, Tennessee said: AS YOU ALL KNOW FROM PREVIOUS POST, I AM AMR EMPLOYEE ALREADY, I WAS INFORMED BY MY MANAGEMENT TEAM THAT THE POSITION BEING POSTED ON NOVEMBER 5TH ARE INTERNAL ONLY VIA OUR JETNET.AA.COM SITE AND THAT IN NOVEMBER 12TH IT WILL POST ON AACAREERS.COM, MY OPINION IS THAT 1,5O0 JOBS IS QUITE A BIT TO JUST POST INTERNALLY, SO EVEN IF YOU SEE THEM ON NOVEMBER 5TH AT AACAREERS.COM, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGE, IF YOU DONT GET CONTACTED RIGHT AWAY, APPARENTLY THEY WANT THE FIRST CLASSES TO BE FILLED IN BY INTERNAL CANDIDATES THAT ALREADY HAVE BACKGROUND CHECKS DONE AND CLEARANCE ALREADY TO EXPEDITE THE PROCESS! AGAIN AFTER 17 YEARS ON THE AIRLINE INDUSTRY, I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING UNTIL I SEE IT, LOL ---HOWEVER I DID GO ON MY JETNET UNDER INTERNAL CAREERS AND IT IS THERE!

Hey Pilot1976..Do you know if AE and AA have it's own HR Department?? I was furloughed with AA back in 2001 and went to AE for a bit...but left before probation. Thanks for any help that you can give.

Silverwaters05

22 months ago

Pamela in Santa Monica, California said: Hey, Silverwaters05...No, I haven't. I could maybe borrow the money I need to have while I am in training, but I also have to pay my rent and car payment back home. That's 2 months of rent and car payments, plus the money they say we need to have while in training. I really, really want to work for AA, and I am going to apply. I guess I'll just have to have faith and hope for miracles! How about you?

I also have rent to pay and my cell phone bill. Luckily my lease is up in Feb and I won't have to pay rent that month because I paid it early in the beginning of the lease. I know they said we at least need 1500 if not more while in training and the move to our bases. I'm really excited for this new opportunity and will apply just like you.
I think if you saved up as much as you could and prepare well, it will be ok. Things always seem to have a way of working out in the end.
Are you going to try and apply for the base in California?

Silverwaters05

22 months ago

Purser,
Thank you so much for your insight and tips. That makes me feel a lot better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Silverwaters05

22 months ago

Does anyone know if they are going to have the applications up central standard time or in Texas time?
Also, what about daylights saving time? It's supposed to be this weekend..

22 months ago

Silverwaters05 said: I also have rent to pay and my cell phone bill. Luckily my lease is up in Feb and I won't have to pay rent that month because I paid it early in the beginning of the lease. I know they said we at least need 1500 if not more while in training and the move to our bases. I'm really excited for this new opportunity and will apply just like you.
I think if you saved up as much as you could and prepare well, it will be ok. Things always seem to have a way of working out in the end.
Are you going to try and apply for the base in California?

I was laid-off from my mental health therapist job, and have been undeeremployed for a while now. What savings I had, is gone...so saving money would be difficult at this time. Where there is a will, there's a way, though! Yes, I'd like to stay in Los Angeles, since I have family here and I live in a rent-controlled apartment near the ocean. However, if I had to go elsewhere, I would. I have some family and friends in New Jersey, too, since I lived in NYC in the 80s. I could go there, too. I am reinventing myself, so we'll see what happens! Where do you live, and where do you want to be based?

Need to be BLUE in New York, New York

22 months ago

What is the interview method AA use again?

Silverwaters05

22 months ago

Pamela in Santa Monica, California said: I was laid-off from my mental health therapist job, and have been undeeremployed for a while now. What savings I had, is gone...so saving money would be difficult at this time. Where there is a will, there's a way, though! Yes, I'd like to stay in Los Angeles, since I have family here and I live in a rent-controlled apartment near the ocean. However, if I had to go elsewhere, I would. I have some family and friends in New Jersey, too, since I lived in NYC in the 80s. I could go there, too. I am reinventing myself, so we'll see what happens! Where do you live, and where do you want to be based?

I always thought healthcare jobs were recession proof, but I'm quickly learning it is not that way at all. I actually want to be a nurse, or wanted to be. (Past tense). I'm confused on what I really want to do. I never considered working in the airline industry but then I got a second job with an aviationservices contracting company working for American Airlines as an agent and I love it. And then I heard from my training manager that AA will be hiring for the first time in years for flight attendants. I've always been in healthcare and customer service, and for some reason, I feel like I need to do this. Something different and exciting. And I love to travel. Love working with people. This will be new to me and yet I feel happy and excited that I'm going to be applying and taking that chance.

Anyway, lol. I live in Kansas City, Missouri and since there is no AA base in Kansas City, I would have to move. Chicago and Dallas are closer to me so probably either Chicago, but I will go where they put me. I do feel things are going to work out, for all of us who apply and actually get the job.

What about you? Why are you applying and have you been in the airline industry before?

22 months ago

Silverwaters05 said: I always thought healthcare jobs were recession proof, but I'm quickly learning it is not that way at all. I actually want to be a nurse, or wanted to be. (Past tense). I'm confused on what I really want to do. I never considered working in the airline industry but then I got a second job with an aviationservices contracting company working for American Airlines as an agent and I love it. And then I heard from my training manager that AA will be hiring for the first time in years for flight attendants. I've always been in healthcare and customer service, and for some reason, I feel like I need to do this. Something different and exciting. And I love to travel. Love working with people. This will be new to me and yet I feel happy and excited that I'm going to be applying and taking that chance.

Anyway, lol. I live in Kansas City, Missouri and since there is no AA base in Kansas City, I would have to move. Chicago and Dallas are closer to me so probably either Chicago, but I will go where they put me. I do feel things are going to work out, for all of us who apply and actually get the job.

What about you? Why are you applying and have you been in the airline industry before?

My mother was actually a "stewardess" for National Airlines in the 1950s, and my father handled the high profile customers for AA out of Miami. I was conceived, while they watched airplanes, from the front seat of a Chevrolet, taking off at the Miami Airport! They weren't married yet, so my mother secretly flew with me in her belly for 4 months, before she really started to show. So....it's in my blood, I guess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Pamela in Santa Monica, California said: My mother was actually a "stewardess" for National Airlines in the 1950s, and my father handled the high profile customers for AA out of Miami. I was conceived, while they watched airplanes, from the front seat of a Chevrolet, taking off at the Miami Airport! They weren't married yet, so my mother secretly flew with me in her belly for 4 months, before she really started to show. So....it's in my blood, I guess.

I've always wanted to be a F/A, I love helping people, and I love to travel. Yeah...social services really got slammed here in California, during this economy. The industry has really changed...you have to be Bilingual Spanish to get a job, and it's just not a client-centered business anymore. My brother and his fiancee are both in nursing school. I think there's a lot of those jobs out there.

PILOT1976 in Tulsa, Oklahoma

22 months ago

Supposedly, the public will be able to apply on November 5 @ aacareers.com, but the system will not release the public applications to the recruiter before the internal ones, they estimate that they can fill 700 of those 1,500 within the company first! Again that is what they are saying, I don't believe anything until I see it! Don't be discourage! Also, get Rosetta Stone and learn a second language, I learned German in two months, enough to provide customer service, I know looking to maybe learn Chinese!

To the blogger that worked for Eagle:
According to most people around here, if you left AE before the probation period, you are ineligible to rehire (at Eagle that is), Yes, AE and AA have different human resources! You should still be able to apply but not through jetnet unless you are an active employee. However, prepare yourself to explain why you left, oh If I was you just include jobs for the last 10 years! Best of Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Silverwaters05

22 months ago

PILOT1976 in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Supposedly, the public will be able to apply on November 5 @ aacareers.com, but the system will not release the public applications to the recruiter before the internal ones, they estimate that they can fill 700 of those 1,500 within the company first! Again that is what they are saying, I don't believe anything until I see it! Don't be discourage! Also, get Rosetta Stone and learn a second language, I learned German in two months, enough to provide customer service, I know looking to maybe learn Chinese!

According to most people around here, if you left AE before the probation period, you are ineligible to rehire (at Eagle that is), Yes, AE and AA have different human resources! You should still be able to apply but not through jetnet unless you are an active employee. However, prepare yourself to explain why you left, oh If I was you just include jobs for the last 10 years! Best of Luck!

I'm actually currently teaching myself German. How were you able to learn the whole language in two months?

Silverwaters05

22 months ago

Pamela in Santa Monica, California said: I've always wanted to be a F/A, I love helping people, and I love to travel. Yeah...social services really got slammed here in California, during this economy. The industry has really changed...you have to be Bilingual Spanish to get a job, and it's just not a client-centered business anymore. My brother and his fiancee are both in nursing school. I think there's a lot of those jobs out there.

Yea, nursing school is very difficult to get into and I got in but I'm rethinking or rather reinventing myself, to use your words.
So, this will be your first time in the industry? Are you excited!

Silverwaters05

22 months ago

Pamela in Santa Monica, California said: My mother was actually a "stewardess" for National Airlines in the 1950s, and my father handled the high profile customers for AA out of Miami. I was conceived, while they watched airplanes, from the front seat of a Chevrolet, taking off at the Miami Airport! They weren't married yet, so my mother secretly flew with me in her belly for 4 months, before she really started to show. So....it's in my blood, I guess.

Oh wow, what a story! lol. You were flying even before you were even born lol. Did you tell her you are now a prospective fa?

Dwitty in Winchester, Virginia

22 months ago

PILOT1976 in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Supposedly, the public will be able to apply on November 5 @ aacareers.com, but the system will not release the public applications to the recruiter before the internal ones, they estimate that they can fill 700 of those 1,500 within the company first! Again that is what they are saying, I don't believe anything until I see it! Don't be discourage! Also, get Rosetta Stone and learn a second language, I learned German in two months, enough to provide customer service, I know looking to maybe learn Chinese!

Sorry if this was already covered on here, but is AA using PBS?

paris in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

This question is for PILOT- what do you think the maxium age would be for a woman to apply for FA ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

WannaFly in North Sioux City, South Dakota

22 months ago

Pamela in Santa Monica, California said: Hey, Silverwaters05...No, I haven't. I could maybe borrow the money I need to have while I am in training, but I also have to pay my rent and car payment back home. That's 2 months of rent and car payments, plus the money they say we need to have while in training. I really, really want to work for AA, and I am going to apply. I guess I'll just have to have faith and hope for miracles! How about you?

Hey Pamela!! I attended ticket counter/gate agent training for AA in February of this year, and it was a 4 week training class. I only brought $200 with me, and left with just shy of $50. So, it is possible to live off of essentials. :) Granted, I had to relocation expenses, but I have had some friends recently graduate from AE flight attendant training, and they have found crashpads for $150-$200/month. Like you said, have faith! I don't know if you are Christian or not, but God will not lead you astray. If he presents you the opportunity to go to training with AA, He will make sure everything works out!! Hoping for the best for you (and me haha)!! Feel free to Email me if you have any questions, or need anything!! (raycecar_22@hotmail.com) Best of luck to you and everyone else!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Metamorphysis

22 months ago

Again,....ladies and gentlemen, could you PLEASE STOP abbreviating and realize that there are those on this blog who are very new to this field. So when you mean RSV, please do it like this: RSV (reserve). Let's be considerate of others. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

SWAFA in Arlington, Texas

22 months ago

My God, you really are whiner aren't you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

22 months ago

Metamorphysis said: Again,....ladies and gentlemen, could you PLEASE STOP abbreviating and realize that there are those on this blog who are very new to this field. So when you mean RSV, please do it like this: RSV (reserve). Let's be considerate of others. :)

I do apologize for your frustration about the airline terminology shorthand, however these are the correct abbreviations that will be used throughout a forum dedicated to those who wish to become a F/A. Its important to probably do some research about the industry and pick up on the keys words that are frequently abbreviated like, (RON:Remain Over night, LOD: Language of Destination) before the interview. Before you know it, it will all become second nature to you once your in the industry. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

WannaFly in North Sioux City, South Dakota said: Hey Pamela!! I attended ticket counter/gate agent training for AA in February of this year, and it was a 4 week training class. I only brought $200 with me, and left with just shy of $50. So, it is possible to live off of essentials. :) Granted, I had to relocation expenses, but I have had some friends recently graduate from AE flight attendant training, and they have found crashpads for $150-$200/month. Like you said, have faith! I don't know if you are Christian or not, but God will not lead you astray. If he presents you the opportunity to go to training with AA, He will make sure everything works out!! Hoping for the best for you (and me haha)!! Feel free to Email me if you have any questions, or need anything!! (raycecar_22@hotmail.com) Best of luck to you and everyone else!!

Hey, RayceCar! Thank you so much for your info, advice, and well-wishes. I really am grateful for your enthusiasm and generosity. I am Catholic/Christian, more spiritual than anything else. Yes, I do believe in a Higher Power, for sure, and I believe things will work out for both of us, according to a higher plan. We just have to keep moving, and keep being grateful! All of us do. Thank you very much again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LilLily in Los Angeles, California

22 months ago

Metamorphysis said: Again,....ladies and gentlemen, could you PLEASE STOP abbreviating and realize that there are those on this blog who are very new to this field. So when you mean RSV, please do it like this: RSV (reserve). Let's be considerate of others. :)

If you plan on doing this as a career abbreviations are going to become your LIFE and you cannot depend on an obscure flight attendant board on indeed.com to hold your hand. It takes TWO seconds to google "RSV flight attendant" and you will have your answer. Before you know it you will be fluent in flight attendant. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

WannaFly in North Sioux City, South Dakota

22 months ago

Pamela in Santa Monica, California said: Hey, RayceCar! Thank you so much for your info, advice, and well-wishes. I really am grateful for your enthusiasm and generosity. I am Catholic/Christian, more spiritual than anything else. Yes, I do believe in a Higher Power, for sure, and I believe things will work out for both of us, according to a higher plan. We just have to keep moving, and keep being grateful! All of us do. Thank you very much again!

No problem Pamela!! I am Lutheran, but also more spiritual than anything else. :) You sound like an awesome person, and I believe AA would be proud to have you as a FA. Heres to hoping that we both obtain our dreams, and maybe work a flight together!! Best wishes, and stay in touch!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona

22 months ago

oh guys come on now we are all suppose to be a big team and help each other. I would strongly appreciate if someone does not know something let them know it is all a learning process and how can you learn if you dont know. If anyone wants to know about american or eagle let me know, I would be more then welcome to help you out to assit you with the hiring process or standards that they have. I have been a employee of AA in the past and know the process and for eagle as well. So guys stick together. Let me say this, it all starts here and make friends help one another, help each other in traning and god knows you could be workng the same a/c on eagle or American! I will not tolerate any negative energy from anyone against other cause I like to help people and isn't that what the f/a position is all about. I think if you can not help each other here how in the world you going to help a fellow crew memeber or passenger for assistance. I am not trying to be the hule of the hound, but trying to keep this simple and easy, to the point. I have been a flight attendant for many years and would help each and everyone of you, to succeed in the process, training and on line ( meaning a schedule flight attendant with a schedule) to succeed and be professional. I know it is tiresome, but worth it for the wait, I have waited as well along with most of you. Be there for each other and things will go well for all of you..let me know If I can help you at jarehead1264@aol.com. no question is stupid and yes I use to be a instructor, so please contact me wth your comments r concern. rh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Metamorphysis

22 months ago

LilLily in Los Angeles, California said: If you plan on doing this as a career abbreviations are going to become your LIFE and you cannot depend on an obscure flight attendant board on indeed.com to hold your hand. It takes TWO seconds to google "RSV flight attendant" and you will have your answer. Before you know it you will be fluent in flight attendant. ;)

I do understand that these abbreviations will be part of every FA's life, I'm only asking that you all explain them so that those who are new to this don't feel left out of the conversation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

SkyClub in Chicago, Illinois

22 months ago

Google it! And learn the abbreations of the industry you want to be part of!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

PILOT1976 in Memphis, Tennessee

22 months ago

paris in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: This question is for PILOT- what do you think the maxium age would be for a woman to apply for FA ????

WE AT AMR HAVE VERY STRICT RULES WHEN IT COMES TO DIVERSITY AND EOE STANDARDS! AS LONG AS YOU CAN PERFORM ALL DUTIES WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS AGE SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM! ALSO, EXPECT TO SPEND ABOUT A WEEK OF TRAINING ON SEXUAL HARRASEMENT. THE INDUSTRY IS BEING JOINED IS BECOMING MORE DIVERSE WHEN IT COMES TO MALE/FEMALE RATIO, AND THE COMPANY WANTS TO AVOID LAWSUITS! GOOD LUCK, NOT MATTER YOUR AGE, AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU CAN DO THE JOB! I AM THINKING OF STARTING A FACEBOOK PAGE, SO WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER OUT WHEN TRAINING TIME COMES! I LET YOU ALL KNOW WHEN I DO! I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS ONE ALREADY!

SWAFA in Arlington, Texas

22 months ago

Pilot-that's a great idea...will be very informative

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia

22 months ago

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona said: oh guys come on now we are all suppose to be a big team and help each other. I would strongly appreciate if someone does not know something let them know it is all a learning process and how can you learn if you dont know. If anyone wants to know about american or eagle let me know, I would be more then welcome to help you out to assit you with the hiring process or standards that they have. I have been a employee of AA in the past and know the process and for eagle as well. So guys stick together. Let me say this, it all starts here and make friends help one another, help each other in traning and god knows you could be workng the same a/c on eagle or American! I will not tolerate any negative energy from anyone against other cause
I like to help people and isn't that what the f/a position is all about. I think if you
can not help each other here how in the world you going to help a fellow crew memeber or passenger for assistance. I am not trying to be the hule of the hound, but trying to keep this simple and easy, to the point. I have been a flight attendant for many years and would help each and everyone of you, to succeed in the process, training and on line ( meaning a schedule flight attendant with a schedule) to succeed and be professional. I know it is tiresome, but worth it for the wait, I have waited as well along with most of you. Be there for each other and things will go well for all of you..let me know If I can help you at jarehead1264@aol.com. no question is stupid and yes I use to be a instructor, so please contact me wth your comments r concern. rh

We understand All that but I think what rubbed people the wrong way is her authoritative approach about it, were she didnt seem to be asking nicely and instead was telling people to STOP (in capital letters) using lingo. Im just saying, ask nicely and you will receive nicely as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia said: We understand All that but I think what rubbed people the wrong way is her authoritative approach about it, were she didnt seem to be asking nicely and instead was telling people to STOP (in capital letters) using lingo. Im just saying, ask nicely and you will receive nicely as well.

fa4ever...Thank you so very much for your kindness and generosity! Just wanted to let you know, I am grateful.

22 months ago

WannaFly in North Sioux City, South Dakota said: No problem Pamela!! I am Lutheran, but also more spiritual than anything else. :) You sound like an awesome person, and I believe AA would be proud to have you as a FA. Heres to hoping that we both obtain our dreams, and maybe work a flight together!! Best wishes, and stay in touch!!

All the very best for you, too, WannaFly!

Thejazzygirl in Burbank, California

22 months ago

Just 2 more days!!! Well, 1 really!!

So excited!

Question: does anyone know what are all the most junior bases?? I heard LGA is one of em, but what are the others?

Much appreciated! :0)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Silverwaters05

22 months ago

Thejazzygirl in Burbank, California said: Just 2 more days!!! Well, 1 really!!

So excited!

Question: does anyone know what are all the most junior bases?? I heard LGA is one of em, but what are the others?

Much appreciated! :0)

ORD is a junior base. DFW, LAX, MIA, and I believe Boston are the big bases.

Metamorphysis

22 months ago

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia said: We understand All that but I think what rubbed people the wrong way is her authoritative approach about it, were she didnt seem to be asking nicely and instead was telling people to STOP (in capital letters) using lingo. Im just saying, ask nicely and you will receive nicely as well.

Excuse me, but with all do respect, I did ask nicely the very first time, and people continue to not have consideration for others who are new to the field. How would all the veteran FA's feel if they were new to the career trying to join in the conversation and can't understand a word people are talking about when they're abbreviating and even though you're trying to learn, and have others telling you to look it up? So much for helping each other out. And no, I was not being authoritative, just frustrated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer09 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

22 months ago

Dwitty in Winchester, Virginia said: Sorry if this was already covered on here, but is AA using PBS?

No we don't have PBS yet. at both AA and AE we still use the old bid packets with lines built by CS. AMR wants pbs because its more cost effective. You wont be able to bid into any conflicts as pbs will build around all training vacation, 7 day ect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

GoodBye APFA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

22 months ago

ORD is currently pretty senior!! MIA is still pretty junior though and so is JFK. But there has not been hiring in many years. If the Nationals were let go MIA would be much bigger tho........

SWAFA in Dallas, Texas

22 months ago

Metamorphysis said: Once again, be helpful and supportive....not an ahole who thinks it's okay to be mean...right SWAFA?

Sticks and Stones

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LoveAA in Washington, District of Columbia

22 months ago

Metamorphysis said: Excuse me, but with all do respect, I did ask nicely the very first time, and people continue to not have consideration for others who are new to the field. How would all the veteran FA's feel if they were new to the career trying to join in the conversation and can't understand a word people are talking about when they're abbreviating and even though you're trying to learn, and have others telling you to look it up? So much for helping each other out.
And no, I was not being authoritative, just
frustrated.

HI,

To be honest, I dont understand some of the
terms either, but I try to read between the lines or if you follow the forum long enough some things get "translated" eventually in fact a couple of entries above somebody talked a little more about the type of scheduling system "PBS" is.

So, trust me, it all reveals itself, we just have to be
a little patient and "go with the flow".

(Plus in 8 1/2 weeks of training, you will learn all
this stuff).

Best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

italiangirl in Bartlett, Illinois

22 months ago

since chicago is pretty senior does that mean any of those attendants took the buyout and maybe they will place new hires at ord?

Thejazzygirl in Riverside, California

22 months ago

GoodBye APFA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: ORD is currently pretty senior!! MIA is still pretty junior though and so is JFK. But there has not been hiring in many years. If the Nationals were let go MIA would be much bigger tho........

Thank u so much 'goodbye'! I'm just hoping if hired I get NY as my base. I really really want NY. :)

22 months ago

@Thejazzygirl- NY is one of AA's best bases IMO :) They have some Europe, transcons etc

@italiangirl- you never know really, but, ORD is a pretty big base for AA so you will eventually be able to get there or do a mutual transfer- just not sure if you will get it right out of training.

As for Speakers, I recall a few years back all the Spanish speakers were getting DFW- when the ones I knew all wanted MIA... They did eventually get to MIA though

TravelBeetle in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

GoodBye APFA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: ORD is currently pretty senior!! MIA is still pretty junior though and so is JFK. But there has not been hiring in many years. If the Nationals were let go MIA would be much bigger tho........

GoodBye - Can you tell us if lga/jfk are covered by the same base or flight attendant group? From what I understand, JFK is more intl, and lga, more domestic flights. I've heard that new hires will fly mainly domestic, and I assumed more lga than JFK. Thanks a lot. Also, is EWR included in the NY base assignment?

22 months ago

The way AA currently has it set up is if you are an international FA in NY- JFK is your base and if you are domestic LGA is your base. BUT, even if you are technically LGA based you still fly out of JFK if that makes sense. And JFK seldom flies out of LGA. Once they complete the merging of international and domestic the AA base labels won’t matter though. Hope this helps.

SkyGuy in Lake Wales, Florida

22 months ago

Does anyone know what time they will begin accepting online applications tomorrow, 11/5? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

arare1 in Los Angeles, California

22 months ago

Looking forward to tomorrow when we can all apply. Good luck everyone

LilLily in Los Angeles, California

22 months ago

Metamorphysis said: Once again, be helpful and supportive....not an ahole who thinks it's okay to be mean...right SWAFA?

Why are you cussing at someone who isn't cussing at you? Maybe you should try showing the kind of respect that you're demanding from everyone else.

When I first started reading here I didn't know what anything meant, either, and--yeah--it was frustrating. But instead of ordering complete strangers to change an INDUSTRY WIDE way of communicating I took matters into my own hands. If I didn't know what ORD meant, I googled it. Done. It's really simple.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LIGirl55 in Suffolk County, New York

22 months ago

I am on Long Island and have no Internet do you think at 9am tomorrow morning I can apply when I get to work ? wishing everyone the best of luck :)

Thejazzygirl in Burbank, California

22 months ago

GoodBye APFA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: @Thejazzygirl- NY is one of AA's best bases IMO :) They have some Europe, transcons etc

@italiangirl- you never know really, but, ORD is a pretty big base for AA so you will eventually be able to get there or do a mutual transfer- just not sure if you will get it right out of training.

As for Speakers, I recall a few years back all the Spanish speakers were getting DFW- when the ones I knew all wanted MIA... They did eventually get to MIA though

Thanx Goodbye!! Though , uhoh, I hope I don't get offered DFW as I'm a Spanish speaker. Eek!

But, whatever, it's one step at a time. First things first. Apply tomorrow!!

Can't wait. :)

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.