American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30151 to 30200 of 54894)
Page:  « First « Previous   601  602  603  604  605  606  607  Next »   Last »

maddiecakes in Coconut Creek, Florida

40 months ago

PDX89boy said: I can take up to 2 weeks, even more. I have seen people take up to a month! Keep busy =]

The waiting game is the worse. I just submitted mine yesterday and I already want to hear back from them. As long as I don't get an TBNT email I'll still have some hope.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Pink01 in Pompano Beach, Florida

40 months ago

MaddieCakes in Coconut Creek, Florida said: I actually didn't know this, which is going to suck because I don't have a land line.

Yes MaddieCakes it does suck because I have to take mine and I don't have a land line either :/ I'm going to call them and ask if its ok to use a cell since I don't have a land line

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Wanna know more in Portland, Oregon

40 months ago

PDX89boy said: First class if you are lucky ;]

PDX89boy, What attracts you to American Airlines versus a more West Coast based airline? Just wondering.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

naudigirl in Phoenix, Arizona

40 months ago

Just finished the video interview! I think I did pretty well...all of the questions were so easy for me to answer since I have previous airline experience. Now the waiting game! Anyone else take it today?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Pink01 in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Yes MaddieCakes it does suck because I have to take mine and I don't have a land line either :/ I'm going to call them and ask if its ok to use a cell since I don't have a land line

I guess they do it because of drop call issues?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

naudigirl in Phoenix, Arizona said: Just finished the video interview! I think I did pretty well...all of the questions were so easy for me to answer since I have previous airline experience. Now the waiting game! Anyone else take it today?

Best of luck!! I was so nerve racking for me. =D

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

MaddieCakes in Coconut Creek, Florida said: Best of luck!! I was so nerve racking for me. =D

Thanks!!! You too MaddieCakes!

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

MaddieCakes in Coconut Creek, Florida said: I guess they do it because of drop call issues?

Could be because of that just hope they can make an exception if not il have to find someone with a land line that's hard everyone only has cell phones nowadays lol so how far in the process are you?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

SkyFly in New York City, New York

40 months ago

MaddieCakes in Coconut Creek, Florida said: The video interview invite email has an email address you can send a message to if you have any questions. Just try shooting them an email

Thank you so much...will do!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Pink01 in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Could be because of that just hope they can make an exception if not il have to find someone with a land line that's hard everyone only has cell phones nowadays lol so how far in the process are you?

Good luck finding someone....=D

I just did my video interview yesterday....not the most confident I've felt after any interview but I'm sure (or at least trying to stay positive) that ill get some type of response in a few weeks!! =D I'm not expect anything back for at least 2 weeks.

Did you get your CJO yet?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

MaddieCakes in Coconut Creek, Florida said: Good luck finding someone....=D

I just did my video interview yesterday....not the most confident I've felt after any interview but I'm sure (or at least trying to stay positive) that ill get some type of response in a few weeks!! =D I'm not expect anything back for at least 2 weeks.

Thanks! :D and don't worry I'm sure you did great! It's a def a diferent way to interview everyone always worries about it and they did just fine! Yes sadly there's no actual time frame everyone's dif. Some hear back in a few days I got an answer 2 wks later so just try to stay busy you'll get it soon enough :) no I haven't gotten my CJO yet I'm going to do my Language test 1st idk if the CJO comes after that. Hoping to get it soon!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Bumble BEE in Rome, Georgia

40 months ago

You guys are great at cheering each other and also sharing information...
I took my video interview on Thurs eve and wondered how long on average to hear back and is no news good news? Also any idea on bases they are sending people to now as it is usually the most junior bases they are staffing.

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Bumble BEE in Rome, Georgia said: You guys are great at cheering each other and also sharing information...
I took my video interview on Thurs eve and wondered how long on average to hear back and is no news good news? Also any idea on bases they are sending people to now as it is usually the most junior bases they are staffing.

Hello Bumble Bee
That's what makes this forum so great it's informative and people cheer each other on :) everyone is diferent so there's no actual time frame some people have heard back in a few days others in a few weeks. I personally heard back after 2 wks. Yes no news is good news as long as you don't get that dreaded TBNT (thanks but no thanks) email. The bases as of now have been or still are NY, DC, MIA and of course TX. Hope that helps :)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Bumble BEE in Rome, Georgia said: You guys are great at cheering each other and also sharing information...

A friend of mine just graduated class and and had her first flight today! She picked DFW as a base since it is the closest commute for her to LAS. Her classmates got LGA, MIA, and DFW. She told me there is a chance of LAX opening this year but there are probably a lot of current stews that want in there. I'm moving to LA in a few months so of course that would be a dream for me but I have no problem commuting...it's a great part of the job, being able to live where you want! We had Stews at SWA that commuted from Hawaii to PHX!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Vikkkkter in Hood River, Oregon

40 months ago

Wanna know more in Portland, Oregon said: PDX89boy, What attracts you to American Airlines versus a more West Coast based airline? Just wondering.

Longer flights =] haha and better pay!
I applied at Alaska/Horizan Air and waiting to hear back....
So far AA has been the only Airline with any feedback.
I am waiting to get my CJO, I submitted my DOT forms Tuesday July 23rd

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Pink01 in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Hello Bumble Bee
That's what makes this forum so great it's informative and people cheer each other on :) everyone is diferent so there's no actual time frame some people have heard back in a few days others in a few weeks. I personally heard back after 2 wks. Yes no news is good news as long as you don't get that dreaded TBNT (thanks but no thanks) email. The bases as of now have been or still are NY, DC, MIA and of course TX. Hope that helps :)

Yes this helps alot ... just wondered if the us air bases are also options now that they are merged ... where are you in the process?
Thanks so much

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

naudigirl in Phoenix, Arizona said: A friend of mine just graduated class and and had her first flight today! She picked DFW as a base since it is the closest commute for her to LAS. Her classmates got LGA, MIA, and DFW. She told me there is a chance of LAX opening this year but there are probably a lot of current stews that want in there. I'm moving to LA in a few months so of course that would be a dream for me but I have no problem commuting...it's a great part of the job, being able to live where you want! We had Stews at SWA that commuted from Hawaii to PHX!

Thanks so much :)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

hope i am not the oldest on here lol ...
I was a flight attedant before my family and now they are both in college...

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Future Flygirl in her own private Idaho said: I know that at the interview they mentioned some bases like Boston and Raliegh-Durham that were not previously AA bases, I'm thinking they are USAir... Don't remember all of them because they mentioned a LOT of bases.

Interesting... This is what i have been looking for. So would you be hired to work for us air or AA and secondly do bases determine intl flights still or do they go from all of them alot has changed since I was a FA... Thanks in advance

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

40 months ago

Bumble BEE in Rome, Georgia said: Interesting... This is what i have been looking for. So would you be hired to work for us air or AA and secondly do bases determine intl flights still or do they go from all of them alot has changed since I was a FA... Thanks in advance

AA bases are DCA(BWI/IAD), JFK(LGA/EWR), BOS, ORD, MIA(FLL/PBI), LAX, SFO, RDU, STL, and DFW. US bases are PHL, DCA, PHX, and CLT.

At AA bases are fenced. If you're based in Dallas, you are either DFW-D domestic of IDF-I international. Domestic flight attendants don't fly international trips and vice versa except for irregular operations.
I fly for AA so I'm not sure things work at US.

Reply - Report abuse

Trent in Long Beach, California

40 months ago

My F2F is tuesday.. I havent received my flight itinerary yet.. They said 48 hours.. which is tommorrow..should i be sweating it?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: AA bases are DCA(BWI/IAD), JFK(LGA/EWR), BOS, ORD, MIA(FLL/PBI), LAX, SFO, RDU, STL, and DFW. US bases are PHL, DCA, PHX, and CLT.

At AA bases are fenced. If you're based in Dallas, you are either DFW-D domestic of IDF-I international. Domestic flight attendants don't fly international trips and vice versa except for irregular operations.

Interesting then why the 8 week training seems like it would cost less to decide up front ... how long have you flown for them?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Bumble BEE in Rome, Georgia said: Yes this helps alot ... just wondered if the us air bases are also options now that they are merged ... where are you in the process?
Thanks so much

Ok good I'm glad it helped. And to be honest with you I don't know since the merger isn't done yet and they didn't tell us anything about it besides that it wasn't done. I did see some other bases like Raleigh and Boston St. Louis but they aren't options now I'm thinking bc they're either not in need of anyone or bc they're us airways bases. As of now I am taking my language test and waiting for my CJO and medical as well. How about yourself?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: AA bases are DCA(BWI/IAD), JFK(LGA/EWR), BOS, ORD, MIA(FLL/PBI), LAX, SFO, RDU, STL, and DFW. US bases are PHL, DCA, PHX, and CLT.

last question ...
do you fly domestic or intl and how many hours do most FA fly now?
thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Bumble BEE in Rome, Georgia said: Interesting then why the 8 week training seems like it would cost less to decide up front ... how long have you flown for them?

The 8 1/2 weeks is to cross train all flight attendants for both domestic and international operations. This increases our flexibility and gives crew scheduling during irregular operations and prepares us for when the fences come down and the domestic and international operations are combined.

I've been flying for AA since April.

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Bumble BEE in Rome, Georgia said: last question ...
do you fly domestic or intl and how many hours do most FA fly now?
thanks

Currently domestic, switching to international next month. I average about 85 hours a month.

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Pink01 in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Ok good I'm glad it helped. And to be honest with you I don't know since the merger isn't done yet and they didn't tell us anything about it besides that it wasn't done. I did see some other bases like Raleigh and Boston St. Louis but they aren't options now I'm thinking bc they're either not in need of anyone or bc they're us airways bases. As of now I am taking my language test and waiting for my CJO and medical as well. How about yourself?

I took my video interview on thurs eve... no clue gave it my best but will have to wait and see best of luck to you and thanks for the information . I wish you the best.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: Currently domestic, switching to international next month. I average about 85 hours a month.

can you switch back and forth domestic and intl?
i flew for twa back in the dark ages lol

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Vikkkkter in Hood River, Oregon said: Longer flights =] haha and better pay!
I applied at Alaska/Horizan Air and waiting to hear back....
So far AA has been the only Airline with any feedback.
I am waiting to get my CJO, I submitted my DOT forms Tuesday July 23rd

Good reasons! :)
Watching this forum there does seem to be quite a bit of interaction between the airline and all the applicants, even though there's quite a bit of variation in response times for the process.

Best of luck to you! Thanks for the reply.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Wanna know more in Portland, Oregon said: Good reasons! :)
Watching this forum there does seem to be quite a bit of interaction between the airline and all the applicants, even though there's quite a bit of variation in response times for the process.

Best of luck to you! Thanks for the reply.

Thank You!
What about you? Whats your story?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Bumble BEE in Rome, Georgia said: I took my video interview on thurs eve... no clue gave it my best but will have to wait and see best of luck to you and thanks for the information . I wish you the best.

Ok well that's all that matters that you gave it your best all you can do really. Yes now your in the waiting game as most of us are sadly lol but thanks not prob and good luck to you and I wish you the best as well!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Thinking of applying with Alaska, because of it's West Coast bases. I'd like to stay a little closer to home, I think. But I also want to stay open-minded at the same time and learn about other options.

Thanks for your interest, Vikkkter.
Hood River sure is a nice place :)

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Bumble BEE in Rome, Georgia said: can you switch back and forth domestic and intl?
i flew for twa back in the dark ages lol

Yes, after serving the required lock-in period.

Reply - Report abuse

jetsetone in Detroit, Michigan

40 months ago

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the many new people posting here now that they have begun "the journey"! I cannot express how helpful this forum has been. Met some great
people here that I hope will become colleagues as you all seem truly awesome. LOOKING FORWARD TO FLYING WITH YOU! :-)

TO THE NEWBIES, be sure to go back about 2-3 weeks in the forum posts, THE INFORMATION BEING SHARED IS PRICELESS! It is a lot of reading, but consider
it a warm-up for what training might be like. READ, READ, READ! That is what I did/do & it has proven to be very valuable. Same thing for your emails from AA,
read them 2 and 3+ times so that you are clear EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. Huge thanks to KyFlyGuy & Naplesdave!

RE-POST OF MY TIMELINE FROM pg. 598:

Originally applied - November, 2012
Re-Applied - May 14, 2013
Invitation to Video Interview - May 24, 2013
Video Interview Completed - May 27, 2013
Invitation to complete app - June 6, 2013
Application Updated - June 19, 2013
Application Updated - June 24, 2013
Call from Talent Services to schedule F2F - June 24, 2013
F2F Scheduled - June 25, 2013
F2F in Dallas - July 9th, 2013 | 1:30 pm Session (1 on 1 Interview & Fingerprinted, Whoohoooo!)
Received DOT Forms - July 11, 2013
Faxed DOT Forms - July 12, 2013

RECEIVED OFFER LETTER (CJO) - July 19, 2013 (ACCEPTED!!! *duh*)

Scheduled Medical - July 22, 2013
Medical - July 31, 2013 at 9am.

WITH ALL OF THAT SAID, I also encourage you to BE PATIENT.

I never thought it would take 8 months to get this far. (Pending passing medical & therefore getting a training start date)
This has been my journey & it has been totally worth the wait to hear...

WELCOME TO AMERICAN AIRLINES! :-)

Good luck to everyone on this quest. *Confident, though I still have my fingers crossed that medical goes flawlessly*

Reply - Report abuse

naplesdave in Naples, Florida

40 months ago

JetSetOne in Detroit, Michigan said:

I never thought it would take 8 months to get this far. (Pending passing medical & therefore getting a training start date)

Good luck to everyone on this quest. *Confident, though I still have my fingers crossed that medical goes flawlessly*

Wow, can't wait to fly with you! Dave

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

SheShe in Fresno, California

40 months ago

Thanks for sharing so much information with us KyFlyGuy. Could you please tell me if when based at DFW is it possible for a new hire to hold an international line? Also, I don't hear much talk of the SFO base why is that? I just turned in my DOT paperwork Wednesday July 24th so I am waiting..waiting..waiting for either a CJO email or call for medical.
I also received a call from USAir inviting me to interview, I'm not sure if I'm blessed enough to get two invitations to training which to go with? Should I just say yes! To the first offer to be safe?
Sorry for so many questions, I'm just so excited to have made it this far :-)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

SheShe in Fresno, California

40 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: Yes, after serving the required lock-in period.

What is a required lock in period??

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Phoenix, Arizona

40 months ago

Anyone leaving tommorow, for the interview on the monday the 29th! Mine is at 1030 am ...

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Naplesdave in Jamaica, New York said: I've been flying for two weeks. Follow me on Facebook. I can answer more there. /naplesdave

Just sent you a FB request. I just did my video interview today so I'm still early in the process. Your insight has been so helpful! /Kelley

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

FaWannabeNYC in Rego Park, New York

40 months ago

Naplesdave in Naples, Florida said: Wow, can't wait to fly with you! Dave

I just requested u on facebook..I'm not a creep I promise, i just need some advice thanks in advance!Sohib

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Wanna know more in Portland, Oregon said: Thinking of applying with Alaska, because of it's West Coast bases. I'd like to stay a little closer to home, I think. But I also want to stay open-minded at the same time and learn about other options.

Thanks for your interest, Vikkkter.
Hood River sure is a nice place :)

Like my mother always told me, "Never give a chance to change your life in a good way a second thought, worst case; you always have home to fall back on"

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

SheShe in Fresno, California said: Thanks for sharing so much information with us KyFlyGuy. Could you please tell me if when based at DFW is it possible for a new hire to hold an international line? Also, I don't hear much talk of the SFO base why is that? I just turned in my DOT paperwork Wednesday July 24th so I am waiting..waiting..waiting for either a CJO email or call for medical.
I also received a call from USAir inviting me to interview, I'm not sure if I'm blessed enough to get two invitations to training which to go with? Should I just say yes! To the first offer to be safe?
Sorry for so many questions, I'm just so excited to have made it this far :-)

DFW International is very, very senior. It would take years for a new-hire to get in unless they were a Korean speaker. SFO base is very small and also very senior. Not an option for a new-hire. Can't really say which airline to go with. That's a personal choice. Keeping asking questions, doing your research and then make the decision that is best for you.

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

SheShe in Fresno, California said: What is a required lock in period??

It means when you transfer bases you are required to stay there for a certain amount of time. Can be as little as 3 months or as long as a year.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

JetSetOne in Detroit, Michigan said: Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the many new people posting here now that they have begun "the journey"! I cannot express how helpful this forum has been. Met some great
people here that I hope will become colleagues as you all seem truly awesome. LOOKING FORWARD TO FLYING WITH YOU! :-)

TO THE NEWBIES, be sure to go back about 2-3 weeks in the forum posts, THE INFORMATION BEING SHARED IS PRICELESS! It is a lot of reading, but consider
it a warm-up for what training might be like. READ, READ, READ! That is what I did/do & it has proven to be very valuable. Same thing for your emails from AA,
read them 2 and 3+ times so that you are clear EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. Huge thanks to KyFlyGuy & Naplesdave!

RE-POST OF MY TIMELINE FROM pg. 598:

Originally applied - November, 2012
Re-Applied - May 14, 2013
Invitation to Video Interview - May 24, 2013
Video Interview Completed - May 27, 2013
Invitation to complete app - June 6, 2013
Application Updated - June 19, 2013
Application Updated - June 24, 2013
Call from Talent Services to schedule F2F - June 24, 2013
F2F Scheduled - June 25, 2013
F2F in Dallas - July 9th, 2013 | 1:30 pm Session (1 on 1 Interview & Fingerprinted, Whoohoooo!)
Received DOT Forms - July 11, 2013
Faxed DOT Forms - July 12, 2013

RECEIVED OFFER LETTER (CJO) - July 19, 2013 (ACCEPTED!!! *duh*)

Scheduled Medical - July 22, 2013
Medical - July 31, 2013 at 9am.

Congratulations and continued success!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Glamour girl in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

40 months ago

MaddieCakes in Coconut Creek, Florida said: Good luck finding someone....=D

I hope you get in you have been doing very well in your responses. I got an update in 6 days after video for update. I'm now awaiting an email or call for f2f. I did my update on the 26th. It is hard waiting, how I keep myself occupied is this forum and preparing for f2f remain positive. You can drive yourself nuts. I was jumping ahead each step but now I'm just preparing the best I can for the next step.

The update is crazy especially since you have to account for any gaps in your history and have references for those gaps. I am video taping some interview questions to see how I look and to tweak my responses so I don't hesitate using much info off the board, thanks to everyone that have provided any information.

Reply - Report abuse

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio

40 months ago

Trent in Long Beach, California said: My F2F is tuesday.. I havent received my flight itinerary yet.. They said 48 hours.. which is tommorrow..should i be sweating it?

No, you'll get it.

Reply - Report abuse

Need2flyAustin

40 months ago

Wow video interview??? I need to read back thru the posts. Is the video just for speakers? Thanks in advance

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

naudigirl in Phoenix, Arizona said: Just sent you a FB request. I just did my video interview today so I'm still early in the process. Your insight has been so helpful! /Kelley

SOUNDS LIKE WE ARE AT ABOUT THE SAME PLACE WITH THE PROCESS MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED FOR YOU ALSO :)

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

naudigirl in Phoenix, Arizona said: Hello! I was a stew for Southwest for over 17 years (I was hired at the age of 19 as a ticket agent then Flight Attendant when I turned 21). I retired about 2 years ago to pursue a career as a Paralegal. I miss the airline industry, so last week I applied to AA. Today I got an email for the Video interview, which led me to this site to get some pointers. Thanks to all of you for posting your experiences!

I just wanted to say, don't be thrown off by the low pay. When I was flying there is no shortage a FAs wanting to give away their trips...there is ALWAYS something to pick up to get above 75 hours. At SW we had people that even put CASH on there trips to get rid of them! So the minimum you would make would be that $1500 number but I guarantee you it will be a lot more than that...especially since we will all be on reserve.

Anything else I can answer I will be more than happy to!

Good luck and reach for the sky! :)

JUST SAW YOU HAD FLOWN FOR SOUTHWEST FOR 17 YEARS WOW I FLEW FOR TWA BACK IN THE DAY PRE KIDS AND MARRIAGE
IT IS NICE TO SEE I AM NOT ALONE
ALSO SAW YOU ARE AT ABOUT THE SAME TIMELINE KEEP ME INFORMED AND I WILL YOU I DID MY VIDEO INTERVIEW ON THURS EVE AND MUST ADMIT I WAS A WRECK
I WAS OFFERED IN MARCH A JOB WITH AMERICAN EAGLE AND REPUBLIC AIRWAYS BUT DECIDED IF I WAS GOING TO DO THIS I WANTED TO WORK FOR THE BEST AND A MAJOR
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Need2flyAustin said: Wow video interview??? I need to read back thru the posts. Is the video just for speakers? Thanks in advance

no i think this is a cost effective way for them to sort thru all the numbers of people i applied non lod

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   601  602  603  604  605  606  607  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.