American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30151 to 30200 of 54837)
Page:  « First « Previous   601  602  603  604  605  606  607  Next »   Last »

Vikkkkter in Portland, Oregon

16 months ago

I have been getting mixed responses about having "bad credit" and applying for FA.
Can anyone clear the air please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

love2flygurl in Cumming, Georgia

16 months ago

Quick question.. I noticed that tattoos seem to be an issue but what about ear piercing? I just recently had my ear cartilage pierced and need to know if this is going to be an issue at the f2f.I was hoping to be able to wear my hair down so that it would go unnoticed but it seems as though that's not an option. Any ideas on this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Flyforever in Watertown, Massachusetts

16 months ago

borntofly623 in Laguna Hills, California said: I went back and found this....hope it helps! If you have a specific question I will be happy and try to answer:)

I did my phone interview on July 10th and have not heard anything from them yet. Isn't that a long time? Or is this normal for some?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

h45 in Canyon Country, California

16 months ago

Flyforever in Watertown, Massachusetts said: I did my phone interview on July 10th and have not heard anything from them yet. Isn't that a long time? Or is this normal for some?

I did my vid interview july 10 too... got an email to update application july 12.... and i havnt heard anything after that... but when I went and check the status on the website, it got updated july 15 and again on july 23....I called them yesterday just to make sure.... they told me my file is still there and I'm just going to be notified by email or phone call (TBNT or schedule the F2F)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Iwannafly2 in Seattle, Washington

16 months ago

I have a small tattoo on my ankle. Will this get me disqualified?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BP in Carbondale, Illinois

16 months ago

Will having a Private Pilots License and Second Class Medical Certificate increase my chances of being contacted?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AmericanDream in Somerville, Massachusetts

16 months ago

I have my f2f on the the 27th at 10am? anyone scheduled for it? and I also have to spend the night on the 26th any idea of the best hotel to stay at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KOA in Waikoloa, Hawaii

16 months ago

I have my F2F on August 12. If I get through that I have one question. Unsure who would be able to answer it. I've got limited hearing out of my right ear. Have perfect hearing in my Left ear. Would this be a reason for them not to hire me if I make it through medical? I've worked for Virgin America, and my hearing wasn't an issue. What do you all think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

love2flygurl in Cumming, Georgia said: Quick question.. I noticed that tattoos seem to be an issue but what about ear piercing? I just recently had my ear cartilage pierced and need to know if this is going to be an issue at the f2f.I was hoping to be able to wear my hair down so that it would go unnoticed but it seems as though that's not an option. Any ideas on this?

Cartilage piercings aren't allowed in uniform so you'll have a decision to make when it comes time for your F2F.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

KOA in Waikoloa, Hawaii said: I have my F2F on August 12. If I get through that I have one question. Unsure who would be able to answer it. I've got limited hearing out of my right ear. Have perfect hearing in my Left ear. Would this be a reason for them not to hire me if I make it through medical? I've worked for Virgin America, and my hearing wasn't an issue. What do you all think?

I've been through the medical. The hearing test is sort of a pass/fail exam. They don't really tell you what range they're looking for. Contact your recruiter for more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

BP in Carbondale, Illinois said: Will having a Private Pilots License and Second Class Medical Certificate increase my chances of being contacted?

Might not help but it can't hurt. I've held a SCM in the past, the AA medical is a more extensive exam. Do your best on the assessment and video interview and I'm sure you'll be just fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

Iwannafly2 in Seattle, Washington said: I have a small tattoo on my ankle. Will this get me disqualified?

Only if its visible during your F2F.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

blueboyhopeful in "Beantown", Massachusetts

16 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: Only if its visible during your F2F.

Good morning KyFlyGuy,,,, still no word after phone interview. Still in that familiar holding pattern !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

blueboyhopeful in "Beantown", Massachusetts said: Good morning KyFlyGuy,,,, still no word after phone interview. Still in that familiar holding pattern !!!

Haha, oh boy! Not this again?! When did you do your phone interview?? Have you gotten the BG email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

abc123 in Irving, Texas

16 months ago

Does anyone think there will be a problem if I have to reschedule my medical??? it was set for the jul 22 and could not get off work so scheduled for jul 29 and now need to chg to aug 5 boss being a real jerk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

blueboyhopeful in "Beantown", Massachusetts

16 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: Haha, oh boy! Not this again?! When did you do your phone interview?? Have you gotten the BG email?

No word yet. Had to do the phone version---couldn't get the audio to work on the computer. Did it on the 14th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

abc123 in Irving, Texas

16 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: I've been through the medical. The hearing test is sort of a pass/fail exam. They don't really tell you what range they're looking for. Contact your recruiter for more information.

Hi KyFlyGuy or anyone... do you think they would rescind offer if I have to change my medical for the second time? Have you heard of that happening to anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

love2flygurl in Cumming, Georgia

16 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: Cartilage piercings aren't allowed in uniform so you'll have a decision to make when it comes time for your F2F.

Thanks for your insight. I will be having it removed this weekend!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

disappearinggirl in New York

16 months ago

MaddieCakes in New York, New York said: Thanks I will be doing my video interview tomorrow. I've been reading the AA contract which gives you soo much information that I can barely understand lol so much to cram in. It's very insightful though. I keep reading that training isn't paid which I find hard to believe since JetBlue pays for their training. So if I understand right based of this thing I've been reading for 3 hours now it says training is paid at $9.50 an hour except IDK I think that might just apply to current FA's versus those in training to become FA's. Best of luck let me know if you get through to the next step!!

Maddicakes, where did you find the AA contract? Would love to nose through it also! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

morethanme

16 months ago

Hi Folks! Any advice/information on how and when they test your second language skill? I am about high intermediate/low advanced level of speaking, reading and writing in Spanish, but I am not 100% fluent. Thanks in advance! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

borntofly623 in Laguna Hills, California

16 months ago

office_in_the_sky in Las Vegas, Nevada said: No there is later dates than that, those dates we're given to me as next available that's all.

So, are you doing August 5th??!! That's my class:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kileykittykellyI in Visalia, California

16 months ago

Vikkkkter in Portland, Oregon said: I have been getting mixed responses about having "bad credit" and applying for FA.
Can anyone clear the air please?

I've been on this forum since almost the beginning and have never seen anyone turned down for their credit history. Not to say that it couldn't happen, but I think you're good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Baltimore21 in Baltimore, Maryland

16 months ago

office_in_the_sky in Las Vegas, Nevada said: WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! I just missed a call from AA, I listened to my voicemail and she said "congratulations we are calling to let you know that you have cleared medical and we want to schedule your start date for training, please call us to schedule training dates for Aug 5th or Aug 12th." I can't believe it......FINALLY!!! I am so EXCITED!!! I just had to share my GREAT news with everybody..... I never thought they would get back to me so quickly, I just did medical yesterday and received the call today.
AMAZING!! I'm Ecstatic!!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!

I just got my call this morning as well im in the August 5th class !!! you should choose that one !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Baltimore21 in Baltimore, Maryland

16 months ago

Got my call and I cleared my medical !!!!! this is the call I been waiting for since I applied Im so happy . My training date is August 5th !!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

AAirmale68 in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Baltimore21 in Baltimore, Maryland said: Got my call and I cleared my medical !!!!! this is the call I been waiting for since I applied Im so happy . My training date is August 5th !!!!

Congratulations Baltimore21!!!! I will be in the 8/12 class right behind you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flygirl13 in Nebo, Kentucky

16 months ago

Hey everyone! I know this has been said before but I haven't been able to find it going back through the forum. Anyone have a breakdown on medical? That's my next step. Kind of nervous. Do most people pass their medical?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DiamondSkies in Warwick, Rhode Island

16 months ago

I had my f2f a little over a week ago,everyone was shocked I didn't get fingerprinted..I've kept in touch with everyone that didnt get fingerprinted that day and they all have received their TBNT but me....idk what to think

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Baltimore21 in Baltimore, Maryland

16 months ago

Hey everyone that already in training. I Know that travel benefits for your immediate family, children and spouse kicks in after graduation. I was wondering how they would be able to verify your immediate family??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio

16 months ago

Baltimore21 in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hey everyone that already in training. I Know that travel benefits for your immediate family, children and spouse kicks in after graduation. I was wondering how they would be able to verify your immediate family??

If it's like another airline I'm familiar with you have to have their SS#'s and birth dates. They might even ask for documentation like birth or marriage certificates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

abc123 in North Richland Hills, Texas

16 months ago

Flygirl13 in Nebo, Kentucky said: Hey everyone! I know this has been said before but I haven't been able to find it going back through the forum. Anyone have a breakdown on medical? That's my next step. Kind of nervous. Do most people pass their medical?

PAGE 597

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Baltimore21 in Baltimore, Maryland

16 months ago

AAirmale68 in Los Angeles, California said: Congratulations Baltimore21!!!! I will be in the 8/12 class right behind you.

Thank You and Congrats to you as well !! See you soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hopetoflysoon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

16 months ago

They didn't fingerprint me. I haven't received a TBNT email but this job seriously doesn't pay enough. Even the figure of your gross salary is quite frightening in today's economy. There are certain things I have gotten used to such as a roof over my head and running water. I was earning more than this when I was a FA ten years ago. I earn far more than what AA is offering right now. I would be more than foolish to take such a huge pay reduction. Good luck to all though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

MileHighClub84 in Raleigh, North Carolina

16 months ago

Just so no one else is "surprised" the current position for AA FA starts at $20.85 & $1.65 Per diem with a guarantee of 75 hours monthly. That equals roughly $1563.75 per month before taxes and per diem is taken into consideration. Is it a lot? No. Will you be taking a pay cut by taking this job? Yeah, probably. As a current flight attendant I can go ahead and warn you that you will NOT become rich doing this, and quite honestly you might even be living pay check to pay check until you build some seniority. However the silver lining is that this is an AWESOME career/job and the pros far outweigh the cons. I've had several jobs in the past and this by far is the most fulfilling I've ever had. I'm sure my experience and opinion won't be the same for everyone (and that's fine) but it's definitely worth a shot. (s/n: I still have a roof over my head and to my knowledge my water is still on) lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

MileHighClub84 in Raleigh, North Carolina

16 months ago

aaaaaw silly bird, my comment wasn't in direct response to you, it was a general statement so that no one else is "surprised" which you seem to be. Not exactly sure HOW you can be surprised when you claim to have done this before and its been written at least 50 times in this forum how much the pay is, but whatever. As far as your education, sorry sunshine, no one cares, and despite you having 2 bachelors degrees you still weren't chosen...(lol funny how that happens sometimes). What I find MOST hilarious is that even though you have 2 bachelors degrees and make 60k you STILL applied for a position in which you KNEW you wouldn't be making as much. lol aaaaw poor thing. I guess you should change your name from HOPEtoflysoon to WONTbeflyingsoon. So, um, yeah, im done with the indeed forum verbal battle with you, I have a Medical to prepare for. See SOME of us were able to get fingerprinted and moved on in the process...I guess they could see through your nasty attitude...hmmm maybe not. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flym2moon in Temecula, California

16 months ago

MileHighClub84 in Raleigh, North Carolina said: aaaaaw silly bird, my comment wasn't in direct response to you, it was a general statement so that no one else is "surprised" which you seem to be. Not exactly sure HOW you can be surprised when you claim to have done this before and its been written at least 50 times in this forum how much the pay is, but whatever. As far as your education, sorry sunshine, no one cares, and despite you having 2 bachelors degrees you still weren't chosen...(lol funny how that happens sometimes). What I find MOST hilarious is that even though you have 2 bachelors degrees and make 60k you STILL applied for a position in which you KNEW you wouldn't be making as much. lol aaaaw poor thing. I guess you should change your name from HOPEtoflysoon to WONTbeflyingsoon. So, um, yeah, im done with the indeed forum verbal battle with you, I have a Medical to prepare for. See SOME of us were able to get fingerprinted and moved on in the process...I guess they could see through your nasty attitude...hmmm maybe not. lol

Lol! That's hilarious!!! Bulls eye tho.. ;))))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lindylou in Mesquite, Texas

16 months ago

love2flygurl in Cumming, Georgia said: I have a f2f on August 1st and just went to by my clothes for the interview. I'm needing some advise on how I should wear my hair. It's just past my shoulders and I have been told different things as to what they expect your hair to be like. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

I wouldn't stress over your hair too much! Before my interview I kept reading that you should wear it up. Despite that I ended up wearing mine down and curled, just pulled back so it wasn't all in my face. I'm about to do my medical so apparently that didn't stop them from hiring me :) There were other girls that got fingerprinted in my group that wore their hair down as well. Long story short, wear it how you feel comfortable!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sincity in Providence, Rhode Island

16 months ago

How long after the phone interview you get a respond???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MileHighClub84 in Raleigh, North Carolina

16 months ago

hopetoflysoon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: You're one disgusting excuse for a person. I wasn't planning to make a career out of like you. I was going to combine this with my medical job. Go enjoy your medical. I'm sitting here laughing and looking at my latest pay check.

thank you :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

MileHighClub84 in Raleigh, North Carolina

16 months ago

Sincity in Providence, Rhode Island said: How long after the phone interview you get a respond???

I got a response in about a week. I think maybe even a little less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SheShe in Dublin, California

16 months ago

hopetoflysoon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: You're one disgusting excuse for a person. I wasn't planning to make a career out of like you. I was going to combine this with my medical job. Go enjoy your medical. I'm sitting here laughing and looking at my latest pay check.

Buh bye Hope to fly soon,
You don't belong on this forum. Good luck to you in your next endeavor. Please kindly exit the forum and be sure to check in you soul to be sure you haven't left any behind. Thanks for not flying with any of us and have a great day!
Seriously though, this forum is for people to encourage each other and share "useful" information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lindylou in Mesquite, Texas

16 months ago

Iwannafly2 in Seattle, Washington said: I have a small tattoo on my ankle. Will this get me disqualified?

I have a tattoo on my ankle as well, I work black tights to the interview so you could only see it if you were really looking for it. In the one on one interview she asked if I had any and I told her, she just asked if I knew I would have to have it covered for work. Didn't see to be a problem they just can't show while you're in uniform.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Iwannafly2 in Seattle, Washington

16 months ago

Lindylou in Mesquite, Texas said: I have a tattoo on my ankle as well, I work black tights to the interview so you could only see it if you were really looking for it. In the one on one interview she asked if I had any and I told her, she just asked if I knew I would have to have it covered for work. Didn't see to be a problem they just can't show while you're in uniform.

Thanks for the info Lindylou. Makes me feel better;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Choua X in St. Paul, Minnesota

16 months ago

Hey everyone!

Had my f2f yesterday, and fortunately, I got a one-on-one interview and fingerprinted. Still holding my breath because I know nothing is certain just yet. I received my DOT forms today and I had a quick question if anyone could possibly answer this for me. Last month I had gotten a job at a new restaurant that was opening. About four days into training, before the opening, I had an opportunity to interview with another airline. Being as this is my dream, as with many of you as well, I decided to chase my dreams and take the interview, leaving my new job behind (telling them my decision to leave, of course). Now I know on the DOT forms they want all information of past employment within the last two years. Seeing as I was only in training for four days at my last job, do you think it would be necessary to list that employer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sapphire21 in Ohio

16 months ago

hopetoflysoon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Do you own this forum? I hope you end up on food stamps.

OMYG how childish and immature. It is a wonder why you were not selected, I was not either but I move on and keep seeking. I just have to say the airlines are looking for those who can be professional at all times, mature people, not adult children. How cruel to wish somone on food stamps. People in general do not choose that. It is not something to make fun of , use as a butt in a joke etc or wish someone on.

You just need to grow up,

People just ignore him maybe he will go away if not enertained or responded to.
Children love attention, even if it is negative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

SheShe in Dublin, California

16 months ago

Sorry HTFS,
I own two properties in SF drive a 2013 Mercedes E350 and have a nice investment portfolio. Oh ya, I have a heart too!
Buh bye!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

abc123 in North Richland Hills, Texas

16 months ago

can someone please answer my question about changing medical.....

Does anyone think there will be a problem if I have to reschedule my medical??? it was set for the jul 22 and could not get off work so scheduled for jul 29 and now need to chg it again?? anyone thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MileHighClub84 in Raleigh, North Carolina

16 months ago

Choua X in St. Paul, Minnesota said: Hey everyone!

Had my f2f yesterday, and fortunately, I got a one-on-one interview and fingerprinted. Still holding my breath because I know nothing is certain just yet. I received my DOT forms today and I had a quick question if anyone could possibly answer this for me. Last month I had gotten a job at a new restaurant that was opening. About four days into training, before the opening, I had an opportunity to interview with another airline. Being as this is my dream, as with many of you as well, I decided to chase my dreams and take the interview, leaving my new job behind (telling them my decision to leave, of course). Now I know on the DOT forms they want all information of past employment within the last two years. Seeing as I was only in training for four days at my last job, do you think it would be necessary to list that employer?

I would just to be on the safe side. It would be better for you to put it and them not really need the info than for you to NOT put it and it come up later, then it might look as if you're giving false information. If once you put it and they do question it tell them the scenario. But in MY opinion I think you should.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Frequent flyah in Charlotte, Michigan

16 months ago

Personally I would not reschedule. Find a way to make that appointment time. It helps with seniority (you'll get pushed through faster.) rescheduling multiple times may indicate you are not flexible. I tend to be a little paranoid about things like this though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

abc123 in North Richland Hills, Texas

16 months ago

Frequent flyah in Charlotte, Michigan said: Personally I would not reschedule. Find a way to make that appointment time. It helps with seniority (you'll get pushed through faster.) rescheduling multiple times may indicate you are not flexible. I tend to be a little paranoid about things like this though.

thank you for responding... I am freaking out, paranoid times a 100! :) I need my job though until this comes through and my boss is a jerk.. but I will see what I can do!! thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

love2flygurl in Cumming, Georgia

16 months ago

Lindylou in Mesquite, Texas said: I wouldn't stress over your hair too much! Before my interview I kept reading that you should wear it up. Despite that I ended up wearing mine down and curled, just pulled back so it wasn't all in my face. I'm about to do my medical so apparently that didn't stop them from hiring me :) There were other girls that got fingerprinted in my group that wore their hair down as well. Long story short, wear it how you feel comfortable!

That would be so awesome! I have been stressing on how to put my hair up. I'm not good with doing hair buns or up dos at all! Congrats on the job!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   601  602  603  604  605  606  607  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.