American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (37801 to 37850 of 55020)
Page:  « First « Previous   754  755  756  757  758  759  760  Next »   Last »

SBaileyyy in Suffolk, Virginia

17 months ago

NVM, I read up and got my answer.

One more question though, what exactly is a DOT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

h45 in Canyon Country, California

17 months ago

hi...just wanted to ask the guys here that are already in training or already graduated regarding the shoe requirements.... I have black Oxford dress shoes that are leather.... but the leather has a texture... meaning it's not the usual smooth leather. It is polishable though.... the texture is kinda like pores but it's not holes of course ahahah..... help me please.... anyone out there that can address my concern? heeeeelp.... I just need to make sure I don't need to buy new ones... thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LostinLAS in Salida, Colorado

17 months ago

SBaileyyy in Suffolk, Virginia said: NVM, I read up and got my answer.

One more question though, what exactly is a DOT?

Extensive background and employment history check. They DO truly verify everything you listed on your application from the periods of employment to the companies you worked for to the references you provided to the schooling you have completed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LostinLAS in Salida, Colorado

17 months ago

h45 in Canyon Country, California said: hi...just wanted to ask the guys here that are already in training or already graduated regarding the shoe requirements.... I have black Oxford dress shoes that are leather.... but the leather has a texture... meaning it's not the usual smooth leather. It is polishable though.... the texture is kinda like pores but it's not holes of course ahahah..... help me please.... anyone out there that can address my concern? heeeeelp.... I just need to make sure I don't need to buy new ones... thanks in advance!

From what KyFlyGuy has told me, it needs to be plain polishable smooth "shiny" (but not patent) or "leather-like" material. Heel no higher than 2.5 inches. No textures. No suede. Closed toe. A black or metal buckle is acceptable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Eawilke in Arkansas

17 months ago

FrisbeeDog in Rogers, Arkansas said: My F2F is Oct.7th @ 10am. Anyone else??

I'm going in for my medical that morning but what flight are you on? I'm from NWA too so we may be on the same plane!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

h45 in Canyon Country, California

17 months ago

LostinLAS in Salida, Colorado said: From what KyFlyGuy has told me, it needs to be plain polishable smooth "shiny" (but not patent) or "leather-like" material. Heel no higher than 2.5 inches. No textures. No suede. Closed toe. A black or metal buckle is acceptable.

oh ok thank you so much.... I guess I need to buy a new one because this definitely has texture.... but oxford dress shoes are fine right? I'm a guy by the way =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

17 months ago

LostInLAS in Salida, Colorado said: From what I have gathered, people with previous DOT employers do take a little longer to hear back with CJOs. The DOT check is just what you guessed, an extensive background check into your criminal history as well as all previous employers. Any period of unemployment that stretched longer than a month within the last 10 years needs to be accounted for on your AA application, and all positions and employed/unemployed times within the last two years need to be reported on the actual DOT form you fax.

DOT = Dept of Transportation. It refers to DOT sensitive jobs. If you've held one in the past or have one now, it can take longer to verify. If you've failed or refused a drug test at a dot job, fuggedabbout it. Background check into work history and criminal check is different.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

17 months ago

Pamela Rojs in louiville, Kentucky said: no. get off that cloud and don't go any higher because the fall will hurt. if you did not get finger printed and interviewed, you are done. move on and apply somewhere else. good luck

Sometimes the truth hurts, but here it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LostinLAS in Salida, Colorado

17 months ago

FlyGirl_xo in Florida said: DOT = Dept of Transportation. It refers to DOT sensitive jobs. If you've held one in the past or have one now, it can take longer to verify. If you've failed or refused a drug test at a dot job, fuggedabbout it. Background check into work history and criminal check is different.

Lol yes thank you. I was going to mention that DOT stood for Department of Transportation, but I would hope people figure so much...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

17 months ago

caflight in Orlando, Florida said: I don't think AA is allowed to take pregnancy into consideration while hiring. It goes against Equal Employment laws: www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/pregnancy.cfm

It's for anemia only.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

17 months ago

LostinLAS in Salida, Colorado said: Lol yes thank you. I was going to mention that DOT stood for Department of Transportation, but I would hope people figure so much...

unlikey....that would require reading back a few pages. too much like work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flyboi25 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

FlyGirl_xo in Florida said: It's for anemia only.

Pregnancy has to be taken into account due to the training environment. For example you can't expect to have a pregnant woman jump off a slide. They can't disqualify the person but they would have to reschedule them hence why you are not hired but haves CJO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ItsPossible in Portland, Oregon

17 months ago

Future Flygirl in her own private Idaho said: Yes - since lorazepam is a benzo, I would suggest going off it entirely. Anxiety meds can be a bigger deal to them. If you are still taking it at all, they may ask you to have neuropsychological testing to prove that the meds are not affecting your reaction time, coordination, etc. This is at your own expense and can be quite costly.

Yikes!! I will talk to my doctor about tapering off and finding something natural for sleep. I did read that lorazepam is out of your system in two days, as far as drug testing goes, if that matters at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sdlivin in San Marcos, California

17 months ago

Hi! I completed my video interview on 9/20 and updated my application on 9/24. I was wondering how long does it usually take to get the call for a f2f? Hope I hear back soon! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FrisbeeDog in Rogers, Arkansas

17 months ago

Eawilke in Arkansas said: I'm going in for my medical that morning but what flight are you on? I'm from NWA too so we may be on the same plane!

Not sure yet...waiting for my itinerary. I live in Rogers. What about you?? :))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FrisbeeDog in Rogers, Arkansas

17 months ago

Sdlivin in San Marcos, California said: Hi! I completed my video interview on 9/20 and updated my application on 9/24. I was wondering how long does it usually take to get the call for a f2f? Hope I hear back soon! Thanks!

Did my video 8/3. Got my f2f 9/30. Took awhile.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

krusej in Pensacola, Florida

17 months ago

flyguyatl in Atlanta, Georgia said: Yes, training will go on throughout the holiday season. My date will be the 4th of Nov ending early Jan 2014

How do you know your date already?? Are you just speculating or did they move from 10/21 to 11/4?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

freedomchaser

17 months ago

for those of you looking.. DELTA posted their flight attendant opening yesterday!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

morethanme

17 months ago

SBaileyyy in Suffolk, Virginia said: Hello, I have my interview October 5th. What all did everyone bring to the interview? I'm not from out of the country so I don't really need anything other than my passport and drivers liscence right?

Hi SBaileyy! My interview is 10/5 also! I'm at 1:30 p.m. What about you? I hope we get to meet! I'll be wearing a silk patterned scarf and I have red hair. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

morethanme

17 months ago

I finally got my F2F call this past Monday! I'll be having my F2F 10/5 at 1:30 p.m. Anybody else have the same time? So excited! Feels so surreal! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

freedomchaser

17 months ago

For F2F.. what to bring! i had the same questions...

I just brought MYSELF.. dressed and READY to interview as soon as i got off the plane, my purse, AND MY PASSPORT. That's all you need... and of course A SMILE!!!!

lol its truly simple.. and breathe breathe breathe breathe breathe! i had to remind myself to breathe so many times! lol. BEST OF LUCK and safe travels :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyGuy86 in Atlanta, Georgia

17 months ago

Does anyone know when they generally send out the flight itinerary for the interview? Also, I want to change my interview time from the a.m. to the p.m. session on 10/5. I'm not sure who my recruiter is so I'm guessing I should I call the number on the f2f email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BlueSky in Parker, Colorado

17 months ago

Hi! Where are the bases located for the flight attendants??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sigma9867 in Miami, Florida

17 months ago

hey everyone I have been following this forum religiously and it has literally been a life saver I wanted to thank everyone for all their advice! Here is my timeline so far!

8/23: submitted application
8/28: Invitation for video interview
9/01: did video interview
9/04: Invitation to update application
9/04: updated application
9/06: received phone call to schedule interview for Friday 9/13
9/10: received email of Flight Itinerary
9/13: Had interview at 1:30; had 1 on 1 and fingerprinted
9/16: received email to complete DOT
9/18: had a few errors but officially faxed DOT
9/30: received email for CJO and accepted

I thought they were gonna call to offer CJO but still haven't received a phone call and am now waiting to schedule medical I believe. If I don't hear anything shortly I will call just for confirmation!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

freedomchaser

17 months ago

anyone else going for medical Oct 16?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ABangBang in San Diego, California

17 months ago

Hey, quick question to all of you who have completed the pre-employment forms: are the DOT forms and whatever you're supposed to do for HireRight THE SAME THING?

The reason I ask is because after the F2F I got an email saying:

"If a background check is needed, you will receive an e-mail from our partner, HireRight, who will perform the background screening. If you do not receive an e-mail from HireRight within 24 hours, please check your e-mail spam mailbox."

I never got an email from HireRight but I did receive DOT forms from AA, which I filled out already. When I asked a recruiter, she said that since I did the DOT forms, I'm okay. Confusing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Eawilke in Arkansas

17 months ago

ABangBang in San Diego, California said: Hey, quick question to all of you who have completed the pre-employment forms: are the DOT forms and whatever you're supposed to do for HireRight THE SAME THING?

The reason I ask is because after the F2F I got an email saying:

"If a background check is needed, you will receive an e-mail from our partner, HireRight, who will perform the background screening. If you do not receive an e-mail from HireRight within 24 hours, please check your e-mail spam mailbox."

I never got an email from HireRight but I did receive DOT forms from AA, which I filled out already. When I asked a recruiter, she said that since I did the DOT forms, I'm okay. Confusing!

The hire right background check is in case they need additional information from you. If you don't get that email it means they don't have any questions into your background so you're good to go! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eawilke in Arkansas

17 months ago

FrisbeeDog in Rogers, Arkansas said: Not sure yet...waiting for my itinerary. I live in Rogers. What about you?? :))

I'm back and forth between Fayetteville & Van Buren right now. They may fly mean out through XNA or FSM not sure yet. Good to see someone else from NWA going through!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ABangBang in San Diego, California

17 months ago

Eawilke in Arkansas said: The hire right background check is in case they need additional information from you. If you don't get that email it means they don't have any questions into your background so you're good to go! :)

Thank you, Eawilke! Whew wish I'd known that sooner... I've been checking my inbox (and spam) like crazy!! lol So now I'll just sit tight. :) I honestly don't know how I'd get through this without this forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

17 months ago

BlueSky in Parker, Colorado said: Hi! Where are the bases located for the flight attendants??

AA has flight attendant bases in LAX, SFO, ORD, STL, DFW, BOS, RDU, LGA/JFK/EWR, DCA/IAD/BWI, MIA/FLL/PBI.

New-hires are currently being offered DFW, DCA, LGA, MIA, and LAX.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

17 months ago

LostinLAS in Salida, Colorado said: From what KyFlyGuy has told me, it needs to be plain polishable smooth "shiny" (but not patent) or "leather-like" material. Heel no higher than 2.5 inches. No textures. No suede. Closed toe. A black or metal buckle is acceptable.

Just a quick follow-up... The guidelines I shared were paraphrased from the training packet I received nearly 9 months ago. Your best source of information will always be materials sent from AA, recruiters, and/or your instructors in training.

The bar is set very high for trainees but the instructors are reasonable, helpful, and dedicated to making sure you succeed. If something you wear to class doesn't meet guidelines, they will discreetly advise you of what changes need to be made. It's important to show up looking your best but please don't stress yourself out over the dress code when that time and energy could be much better spent studying your city codes. ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LostInLAS in Salida, Colorado

17 months ago

Sigma9867 in Miami, Florida said: hey everyone I have been following this forum religiously and it has literally been a life saver I wanted to thank everyone for all their advice! Here is my timeline so far!

8/23: submitted application
8/28: Invitation for video interview
9/01: did video interview
9/04: Invitation to update application
9/04: updated application
9/06: received phone call to schedule interview for Friday 9/13
9/10: received email of Flight Itinerary
9/13: Had interview at 1:30; had 1 on 1 and fingerprinted
9/16: received email to complete DOT
9/18: had a few errors but officially faxed DOT
9/30: received email for CJO and accepted

I thought they were gonna call to offer CJO but still haven't received a phone call and am now waiting to schedule medical I believe. If I don't hear anything shortly I will call just for confirmation!!

We have very similar timelines! I had my f2f on Thursday the 12th! Got my CJO before you, but only because I faxed my DOT sooner also. CJO on the 25th, pre-arrival tasks on the 30th. Now waiting for medical!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BlueSky in Parker, Colorado

17 months ago

Thanks for the info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

crissymo in Mansfield, Texas

17 months ago

My medical is scheduled for Oct. 14th!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LostInLAS in Salida, Colorado

17 months ago

crissymo in Mansfield, Texas said: My medical is scheduled for Oct. 14th!

Ahhhh I want mine already! You received your CJO two days after me and I still don't have a medical. :'(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

OneInAMillion in Atlanta, Georgia

17 months ago

Anyone received a call today?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sgia in Roseville, California

17 months ago

Been waiting on my F2F. Anybody know how to speed that process up? Anything I can call and say? I'm being so impatient but I just want to get this show on the road!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SBaileyyy in Suffolk, Virginia

17 months ago

morethanme said: Hi SBaileyy! My interview is 10/5 also! I'm at 1:30 p.m. What about you? I hope we get to meet! I'll be wearing a silk patterned scarf and I have red hair. :)

Hi!! Aww I'm in the 10am one so we may not get to meet :/ but in case we do get to meet, I'll be wearing a black dress and blazer, I have curly dark brown hair, and light brown eyes. Maybe if we don't meet on Saturday, well meet in training ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

freedomchaser in New York, New York

17 months ago

LucyInTheSky in Dallas, Texas said: I chatted with a FA at DFW who said "learn the airport codes as 'fill in the blank style' so you know you are prepared". She also said during the "pre-tests" (?) "Keep your eye open for the ones they mention the most frequent/reoccurring-- those will be the ones they test you on".

The FA also said it is very important to stay away from drama and gossip during training. She said a few people got sent home for it in her class last spring. So be nice and don't start drama, follow the rules, study hard and you will be fine. She also said that when "Appearance" comes in they will freak you out, but once off probation it's really relaxed.

This was the best news yet! Glad to know it'll be a little more relaxed once off probation. Thanks for sharing :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

freedomchaser in New York, New York

17 months ago

FlyGirl_xo in Florida said: It's for anemia only.

Even if they can't use pregnancy to not hire you... How can you go through training AND make it
Through 6 months probation.... That's 8 months out of the 9 month term. At some point you can't fly and I'm sure flying as often while a baby is developing in the womb wouldn't be healthy I'm sure... Does anyone know how that would play out?

How do flight attendants get pregnant and keep working? I read they only allow 12 weeks excused leave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

yussefo in San Juan, Puerto Rico

17 months ago

LostInLAS in Salida, Colorado said: We have very similar timelines! I had my f2f on Thursday the 12th! Got my CJO before you, but only because I faxed my DOT sooner also. CJO on the 25th, pre-arrival tasks on the 30th. Now waiting for medical!

Did any if you worked for a DOT sensitive company before? I sent my DOT 2 days ago and I called today to confirm that it was received and they told me that they had indeed received it and that they were forwarded to some other department that works on them. I've never worked for a DOT company before so I'm not sure how long is the processes until CJO email. I assume it should be faster than people who had DOT sensitive jobs before.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SWA-Stew

17 months ago

LostinLAS-- we interviewed together ... Give me a hint as to who you are!

Oh in regards to preg. I had a girl in my SWA class who was 5 months preg. She did an EXCELLENT job hiding it bc none of us knew til after graduation. Scary, I would NOT want to go thru training preg

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

freedomchaser in New York, New York

17 months ago

SWA-Stew said: LostinLAS-- we interviewed together ... Give me a hint as to who you are!

Oh in regards to preg. I had a girl in my SWA class who was 5 months preg. She did an EXCELLENT job hiding it bc none of us knew til after graduation. Scary, I would NOT want to go thru training preg

And she flew being pregnant after graduation??? Stayed through probation? How did that work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SWA-Stew

17 months ago

.... Oh and I'm STILL waiting. Over 2 weeks since DOT. I have so much going on right now. It's frustrating. I will give it another week then I may have to look into my options.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SWA-Stew

17 months ago

freedomchaser in New York, New York said: And she flew being pregnant after graduation??? Stayed through probation? How did that work?

Nothing they can do. We had union rep right away and the disabilities act protected her. I believe her probation was extended and starred when she got back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SWA-Stew

17 months ago

*started

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SWA-Stew

17 months ago

yussefo in San Juan, Puerto Rico said: Did any if you worked for a DOT sensitive company before? I sent my DOT 2 days ago and I called today to confirm that it was received and they told me that they had indeed received it and that they were forwarded to some other department that works on them. I've never worked for a DOT company before so I'm not sure how long is the processes until CJO email. I assume it should be faster than people who had DOT sensitive jobs before.

All depends on the company. My company is large, but has 2 people who deal w over 30,000 current employees and a lot of previous. They took over a week to process I and get it back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

freedomchaser in New York, New York

17 months ago

SWA-Stew said: Nothing they can do. We had union rep right away and the disabilities act protected her. I believe her probation was extended and starred when she got back.

What does "we had union rep" mean exactly? For AA, union starts after your 6 months probation, right? So they knew she was pregnant at her medical? The class just didn't know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SWA-Stew

17 months ago

Union representation. Protected by a union. I believe at AA no union protection for 6 months. Yes she knew she was preg. I knew something was a little off, but not my business. We didn't have medicals and our DOT test was done during training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

freedomchaser in New York, New York

17 months ago

SWA-Stew said: Union representation. Protected by a union. I believe at AA no union protection for 6 months. Yes she knew she was preg. I knew something was a little off, but not my business. We didn't have medicals and our DOT test was done during training

Sounds about right. Thank you :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   754  755  756  757  758  759  760  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.