American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (37801 to 37850 of 54893)
Page:  « First « Previous   754  755  756  757  758  759  760  Next »   Last »

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

Rena L in Los Angeles, California said: One question was what are the best places for family to fly during thanksgiving/December? Like are some destinations consistently slower therefore would make standby more successful? Can parents use their D1s internationally? My other question was more job specific that I don't think would be appropriate on a forum for applicants so I don't want to put that on here, but hopefully I can find an answer to that elsewhere. Thanks!

The key to pass travel during the holidays is to avoid flying within a week on either side of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Popular destinations such as Europe and Hawaii are notoriously difficult to non-rev to almost year round. The key is to stay flexible, plan ahead, and have a back up on another carrier when possible.

Parents are able to travel anywhere within the AA system but they are not eligible for D1 travel, only D2.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LucyInTheSky in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

flybyme in Texas said: When was your medical?

My medical was Monday m

33 months ago

jj in Northridge, California said: Question for those either in training or studying before your training date!!!

I know we have to have our domestic city codes down before training but how about the international ones? I just started studying and have started panicking as well lol

You will be tested on both domestic and international city codes. Learn them all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sigma9867 in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

SWA-Stew in Texas said: Yes!!!! Yay! How are you????? I called today DOT cleared on 27th, but the fingerprints obtained were kind of crappy so they have to reprocess.... Ugh are you kidding me!!? I'm glad they're really careful and all but it's always my luck.

ohh my goodness you def have been on your toes with everything so far!! at least your DOT cleared I remember reading from you that it had been a process :) I am glad to have realized it is you because I have only been in contact with one other person who was fingerprinted with us as well! Me and her got a CJO email on Monday but no call and then she received an email on Tuesday to schedule her medical but I have not yet gotten any call or email but I did email talent services today to inquire if I had missed any steps and they wrote back promptly saying my recruiter should be in contact with me within the day! and then about 20 min later I received an email with the Pre-arrival Onboarding Tasks to complete so did that and now just sitting next to my phone waiting again lol but I know your time is coming very soon, glad we have made it this far at least!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LostInLAS in Salida, Colorado

33 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: You will be tested on both domestic and international city codes. Learn them all.

On every city possible, or only where AA flies?

flybyme in Texas

33 months ago

LucyInTheSky in Dallas, Texas said: My medical was Monday m

I heard it's usually 3 days, some 2, you should hear soon! Post here when you get it!

love2flygurl in Cumming, Georgia

33 months ago

okay so I arrive Sunday at 9 in the morning to start training Monday. Can anyone tell me what the process is for Sunday. Unsure of what to expect that day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

SWA-Stew in Texas said: If standing in the front of the class I was the table all the way to the left. I said I had the ant farm. I had a navy suit white shirt hair pulled back.

Do you remember me? I'm racking my brain here and I thought I remembered everyone okay from my group... Were you at the 10am interview?

33 months ago

LostInLAS in Salida, Colorado said: On every city possible, or only where AA flies?

American Airlines and American Eagle as well as some destinations served by our One World Alliance partners. Try Quizlet.com for study guides.

tourist for now in Norristown, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

SBaileyyy in Suffolk, Virginia said: I believe until the 10th of October. I looked at that information yesterday when I was browsing the site. Check for yourself to be sure though.

Thanks

33 months ago

KyFlyGuy in Dallas, Texas said: American Airlines and American Eagle as well as some destinations served by our One World Alliance partners. Try Quizlet.com for study guides.

Some of these look awesome, but it seems that there's probably some cities missing? Do you think I can just look at the map where American & partners fly and then note those and attempt to memorize that?

tourist for now in Norristown, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

caflight in Orlando, Florida said: The job will be posted until the 10th of this month. I don't know how many spots have yet to be filled or how many more applications they have to consider before they cease hiring. I wish I could tell you more, but I really have no clue!

I noticed the unposting date was moved ahead several times, and thought maybe they'd be accepting applications into the new year.

OneInAMillion in Atlanta, Georgia

33 months ago

Anyone received a call today re: CJO?

33 months ago

LostInLAS in Salida, Colorado said: Some of these look awesome, but it seems that there's probably some cities missing? Do you think I can just look at the map where American & partners fly and then note those and attempt to memorize that?

For now, I would stick with Canada and the lower 48 states, wait for the training packet to learn the rest.

layyahdoll in Fresno, California

33 months ago

For airport codes. Are we tested on all the airport codes in the world ex. Small/big size airports? Or just the airports AA flies too?

layyahdoll in Fresno, California

33 months ago

layyahdoll in Fresno, California said: For airport codes. Are we tested on all the airport codes in the world ex. Small/big size airports? Or just the airports AA flies too?

Lol never mind found my answer!

lil butterfly in Argentina

33 months ago

One in a million--- you and me both!! I sent my dot july 27, and still no news!! I do still have my w draw button sooo im still hoping for good news. Good luck!

OneInAMillion in Atlanta, Georgia

33 months ago

lil butterfly in Argentina said: One in a million--- you and me both!! I sent my dot july 27, and still no news!! I do still have my w draw button sooo im still hoping for good news. Good luck!

I sent mine in around the same time and I called they stated to be patient. Thanks at least I know i'm not the only one and good luck you as well! I pray we hear something soon! Please keep me posted on your journey thru this process.

SBaileyyy in Suffolk, Virginia

33 months ago

Still haven't received my itinerary and it's almost 5oclock...should I call again? I'm sure they all know my name by now. I've called a lot this week.

flyguyatl in Atlanta, Georgia

33 months ago

Monique H in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hello,
I am new to the forum and need someones help! I applied to AA on 9/20/13 and have yet to hear
back that they have my information. Is there someone I can call or email.

Hey Monique H.-Keep calm! Apps are being reviewed, if your app goes forward you will be invited to do a virtual interview. Usually takes 2-4 weeks in some cases.

morethanme

33 months ago

SBaileyyy said: Maybe well receive ours tonight? If not I'm calling tomorrow morning again lol are you excited??

Hi SBailey! Super excited!! Got my mani/pedi, brow/lip threading, hair cut/colored, picking up my dress suit from dry cleaning tonight, and printing out resume tomorrow morning!! :) Good thing I work at a salon, ha! ;) Just trying not to think how broke I'll be after this interview, ha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SBaileyyy

33 months ago

morethanme said: Hi SBailey! Super excited!! Got my mani/pedi, brow/lip threading, hair cut/colored, picking up my dress suit from dry cleaning tonight, and printing out resume tomorrow morning!! :) Good thing I work at a salon, ha! ;) Just trying not to think how broke I'll be after this interview, ha!

Morethanme!! Haha I'm getting my nails eyebrows lip done, washing my hair tomorrow for fresh curls SAT morning. I'm excited too! Have you received you itinerary yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Clarisse in Springfield, Virginia

33 months ago

So I know the DOT's take a long time, but does anyone know if the government shut down will slow the the process even more?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

moniqueh in Atlanta, Georgia

33 months ago

flyguyatl in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey Monique H.-Keep calm! Apps are being reviewed, if your app goes forward you will be invited to do a virtual interview. Usually takes 2-4 weeks in some cases.

Thanks, I appreciate that information. I can sit and wait!

MM1980 in Ogden, Utah

33 months ago

NOOB in DALLAS, Texas said: Is there anyone here who did their F2F on 9/30 at 1:30PM and got to fingerprinting? Made a facebook group for us, and wanted to invite you :)

ME!

SWA-Stew in Texas

33 months ago

Clarisse in Springfield, Virginia said: So I know the DOT's take a long time, but does anyone know if the government shut down will slow the the process even more?

My guess is, yes. My DOT came back fine now things are at a screeching halt bc they're not able to process my fingerprints. I know I'm fine bc this is my 3rd consecutive airline and there's no reason otherwise even if fingerprints weren't clear

ABangBang in San Diego, California

33 months ago

Hi all,
I found this video... it's old but I thought it might help those who are going to the F2F so you can see a bit of what the group exercise portion will be like. :) See that row of people standing in the back of the room? Those are recruiters, and they DO watch you very carefully...
cbsn.ws/12JDWeq

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kisses11 in Bismarck, North Dakota

33 months ago

Clarisse in Springfield, Virginia said: So I know the DOT's take a long time, but does anyone know if the government shut down will slow the the process even more?

Yes, the DOT is partially closed/shutdown they will most likely be backed up considerably with the a large group of their workers furloughed.

Flyboi25 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

SWA-Stew in Texas said: Is this for real or are you kidding? I'm not trying to be mean, but if you're not trying to become a FA to be a FA then it's probably not for you. I couldn't imagine doing anything else, but it's not a glamour. You will deal with the sick, elderly and children to eating your lunch on the jumpseat next to the lav door. Goodluck in your pursuits.

Damn...I can tell you are a hardcore attendant that takes this career seriously. :)

You have to admit though when most of us start we never expect its for the longterm. No one ever joins to be an FA. Always an ulterior motive. I joined to try it and YEARS later I'm still here. Left twice and was like to hell with corporate America.

On the other side you will meet a lot of celebs and CEO's producers and al that good stuff. In case you don't know (not all airlines) you cant go running asking for autographs and pics and chatting them up in FC. Also thats a good way to get turned down. Most of the Celebs I'm in contact with I never even spoke to them on my flights. They spoke to me. Litterally after doing this for years you get to the point of I don't give a $%#$. :) (over here rolling)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fitness4me in Palm Beach, Florida

33 months ago

Hi all,
What hotel is good to stay in, close to the interview site? I need to book a room.

yussefo in San Juan, Puerto Rico

33 months ago

Phew! So I just had my first LOD test today. I think it went great, though I'm a little worried because in the role-play part, I had a few moments where I kinda struggled not because I didn't know the language, but because it was a hard situation for me to resolve since I have never been a flight attendant. However, I managed to resolve it the best I could.

I wonder if they only pass people who go through it perfectly, or people who are fluent enough to understand everything and respond fluently too.

Three more LODs to go..

ryrig in San Francisco

33 months ago

Hello! I've just been invited to complete the video interview (exciting!) and am doing my due diligence before diving in to complete and submit it (researching, compiling notes with regard to previous experiences and information that may be pertinent to the interview, etc).

One question I have: if I happen to make it through all the next steps and am offered a position (wouldn't THAT be lovely), I'm curious about base assignment. Typically, new-hires are sent to the base that is in most need of coverage, I believe. Is that limited to just hubs -- i.e. Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and Dallas -- or are there other possible locations? JUST trying to make sure I've done all my homework so I fully know what I'm getting into.

Thanks, all!

nunubi in Texas

33 months ago

FrisbeeDog in Rogers, Arkansas said: My f2f is Oct.7th at 10am. Anyone else have their f2f on this day?? :)

Me!

xdn in California

33 months ago

RyRig in San Francisco said: Hello! I've just been invited to complete the video interview (exciting!) and am doing my due diligence before diving in to complete and submit it (researching, compiling notes with regard to previous experiences and information that may be pertinent to the interview, etc).

One question I have: if I happen to make it through all the next steps and am offered a position (wouldn't THAT be lovely), I'm curious about base assignment. Typically, new-hires are sent to the base that is in most need of coverage, I believe. Is that limited to just hubs -- i.e. Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and Dallas -- or are there other possible locations? JUST trying to make sure I've done all my homework so I fully know what I'm getting into.

Thanks, all!

There are other bases that American Airlines offers. You'll get a list that you can bid on while you're in training. The first 30 or so classes got DFW, MIA, DCA, and JFK. A month ago or so, they just added LAX to the bases offered to new hires. Recruiters are constantly reminding you that the bases offered to new hires can change at any moment. So just because one base is or is not offered now, doesn't mean it will or will not be there when you're in training. The bases are not limited to those that you stated. In a different post KyFlyGuy stated these are also bases AA F/A are based in: LAX, SFO, ORD, STL, DFW, BOS, RDU, LGA/JFK/EWR, DCA/IAD/BWI, MIA/FLL/PBI. Hope this helps in someway!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ryrig in San Francisco

33 months ago

xdn in California said: There are other bases that American Airlines offers. You'll get a list that you can bid on while you're in training. The first 30 or so classes got DFW, MIA, DCA, and JFK. A month ago or so, they just added LAX to the bases offered to new hires. Recruiters are constantly reminding you that the bases offered to new hires can change at any moment. So just because one base is or is not offered now, doesn't mean it will or will not be there when you're in training. The bases are not limited to those that you stated. In a different post KyFlyGuy stated these are also bases AA F/A are based in: LAX, SFO, ORD, STL, DFW, BOS, RDU, LGA/JFK/EWR, DCA/IAD/BWI, MIA/FLL/PBI. Hope this helps in someway!

THANKS, xdn, that helps tremendously!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

*sigh* so... I just got my itinerary and there are so many problems with it. :/ I'm so discouraged, none of this has been going smoothly for me.

archer in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

So excited just updated my application I guess I just need to wait for the call ?

33 months ago

SBaileyyy in Suffolk, Virginia said: *sigh* so... I just got my itinerary and there are so many problems with it. :/ I'm so discouraged, none of this has been going smoothly for me.

Don't be discouraged! Mine in the email was incorrect also, but when I looked it via the flight locator provided, it was actually accurate on the AA website, just inaccurate in the email. :)

33 months ago

SBaileyyy in Suffolk, Virginia said: *sigh* so... I just got my itinerary and there are so many problems with it. :/ I'm so discouraged, none of this has been going smoothly for me.

Actually it's a common occurrence to be misbooked. Don't take it to heart. I got a flight from ATL to DFW and for my return they had me going to EWR. It's an airline booking honey. Their gonna screw up. Don't get your mood on the wrong side even before you get there. Be jovial. It's an adventure. :)

SBaileyyy

33 months ago

Okay, I actually looked at the itinerary wrong (oopsiessss lol) apparantely I'm going to have to stay overnight. Is anybody that's interviewing Oct 5 flying in and arriving tomorrow (OCT 4) in the evening? Or anytime tomorrow? If so, where is everybody staying? Idk if I should book a hotel or if they're going to put me up. Does anybody know anything?
I'm excited lol
Thank you LostInLAS and Flyboi25 for the encouragement.

33 months ago

SBaileyyy said: Okay, I actually looked at the itinerary wrong (oopsiessss lol) apparantely I'm going to have to stay overnight. Is anybody that's interviewing Oct 5 flying in and arriving tomorrow (OCT 4) in the evening? Or anytime tomorrow? If so, where is everybody staying? Idk if I should book a hotel or if they're going to put me up. Does anybody know anything?
I'm excited lol

Glad you found out whats going on. Believe me this forum provides a mind easer for this step. What it does though is increase the anxiety as you see everyone else go through the phases and you anticipate yours. Clear your mind, get a good nights rest and tomorrow show up ready to get on stage. Thats exactly what it is. GOODLUCK TO ALL WHO ARE INTERVIEWING TOMORROW. Hope to hear good news from everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ready2Fly

33 months ago

Fitness4me in Palm Beach, Florida said: Hi all,
What hotel is good to stay in, close to the interview site? I need to book a room.

Hello! I'm staying at La Quinta right now actually( I had my f2f today). It is close by and if you tell them you are here for an AA interview they will give you a discount! Good luck!

ItsMyTime in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

SBaileyyy said: Okay, I actually looked at the itinerary wrong (oopsiessss lol) apparantely I'm going to have to stay overnight. Is anybody that's interviewing Oct 5 flying in and arriving tomorrow (OCT 4) in the evening? Or anytime tomorrow? If so, where is everybody staying? Idk if I should book a hotel or if they're going to put me up. Does anybody know anything?
I'm excited lol

I'm flying in tomorrow and staying at the La Quinta. You can get a pretty good discount at that hotel.

SBaileyyy

33 months ago

Okay, will I have to catch a cab tomorrow night to the la quinta and then a cab to the interview SAT morning?
Thanks everyone for encouraging me, thanks FlyBoi25!

Ready2Fly

33 months ago

SBaileyyy said: Okay, will I have to catch a cab tomorrow night to the la quinta and then a cab to the interview SAT morning?
Thanks everyone for encouraging me, thanks FlyBoi25!

No! La Quinta has a complimentary shuttle! It will pick you up before 11pm, and to the training facility as we'll!

SWA-Stew in Texas

33 months ago

Flyboi25 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Damn...I can tell you are a hardcore attendant that takes this career seriously. :)

You have to admit though when most of us start we never expect its for the longterm. No one ever joins to be an FA. Always an ulterior motive. I joined to try it and YEARS later I'm still here. Left twice and was like to hell with corporate America.

On the other side you will meet a lot of celebs and CEO's producers and al that good stuff. In case you don't know (not all airlines) you cant go running asking for autographs and pics and chatting them up in FC. Also thats a good way to get turned down. Most of the Celebs I'm in contact with I never even spoke to them on my flights. They spoke to me. Litterally after doing this for years you get to the point of I don't give a $%#$. :) (over here rolling)

Exactly... They get up and do all human function essentially the same way I do. It's honestly not a huge deal after a while. Although if my celeb crush came on my flight I think I would be eating my words. :)

33 months ago

Thanks Ready2Fly!! What time was your interview?

MM1980 in Ogden, Utah

33 months ago

SWA-Stew in Texas said: Exactly... They get up and do all human function essentially the same way I do. It's honestly not a huge deal after a while. Although if my celeb crush came on my flight I think I would be eating my words. :)

Who is your celeb crush? LOL

jamievicha in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

Hi all - I just got my invitation for the online interview. I was a FA for NWA for 3 years then was laid off following 9/11. I had the opportunity to be recalled but was in the process of finishing up my second degree for a career I thought was in high demand and paid well so I resigned. Long story short - regret not going back - miss the travel, meeting new people, etc.

Can people briefly give me the 411 on a few questions:

Is housing provided for training? I live in Chicago. How about a weekly stipend during training?
What is the starting salary for new hires and then the approx. schedule for pay increases?
Are AA flight attendants unionized?
Are MIA, DFW, DCA, LGA, and LAX the only bases new hires are being assigned?
What is the cost for uniforms/luggage?

Thanks so much for your help. I am 38 years old and wondering if I am too old to get back into the flight attendant industry - need to find financial security, etc.

flyguy86 in Atlanta, Georgia

33 months ago

Was their anyone who went to their f2f and had their luggage with them? I'm checking out the day of my interview and I really don't feel like hauling it around. Is there a designated place to hold your luggage at the training center? I would just feel awkward rolling a suitcase around with me.

Page:  « First « Previous   754  755  756  757  758  759  760  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.