American Eagle

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 12537)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

KAP in Boston, Massachusetts

75 months ago

if u are looking to pick up high fly hours on days off, then base yourself in dfw or rd where there are most open time trips. i am based in boston and there are never trips to pick up. (which is fine with me, i like to fly the least as possioble, and just make the 70 hour guarantee. some months as reserve i fly under 30 hours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

flutterbutter in Racine, Wisconsin

75 months ago

Any idea where Eagle flies to?
I can't find a route map. It would be nice to know where the Eagle destinations are. I know the bases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

PLease, do you know what base have a layover in RIC?
Many thanks,
Isa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

What about budy pass before 2 years.
None?Nada?
I've a brother and would like to know if somehow he can use my benefits.
Also, if you are single can we have a partner(boyfriend)?
Many thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elena in Europe

75 months ago

Thank you! I understand the monthly guarantee are 75 hours not 70. Is the total salary about 1400$/month ? I find it difficult to pay rent, etc...

Do they deduct any amount from the base salary (e.g. health, insurance, etc.)?

What about layovers? does AE pay for hotel? or are flights only roundtrips and no layovers?

GMAT in Baltimore, Maryland

75 months ago

75 hour guarantee - so the object is to fly WAY OVER 75 hours or WAY under 75 hours. If you end the month flying 74.5 hours - you loose and they got their money out of you that month!!
If looking to pick up trips and fly alot on your days off, be based in ORD or DFW. They have the most open time to pick up trips. IF your based in BOS or LGA, there's usually nothing to pick up and they have lower flying hours - just de[pends on what your looking to do.
$1400 seems about right - health insurance, dental, vision, 401K - all comes out, but there are different levels of health plans to choose as with any company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Air Head in Elmhurst, Illinois

75 months ago

Any idea where they put u up for training? 1 other roommate or more??

Also, anyone know where EAGLE actually flies out of ORD?

sara in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

Thank you so much for your support...im actually flying out on the red eye thursday...my original interview was feb 6th, but i had a small tattoo on my wrist and was unable to continue with my interview until it was removed, which i did surgically feb 11th...I would really love to get this job, so it was worth it to me...if u have any other tips for me i would greatly appreciate it...i would be happy to let u know how it went...again thank u so much for your support...Good luck in school.

Cally in Charlotte, North Carolina

75 months ago

Hey, I signed up for the April 1st training course, I really want to be stationed in Dallas, does anyone know if they are placing people there? Or if its easy to transfer locations? And I thought benefits were payed for by the company, is that wrong?

Kim in Richmond, Virginia

75 months ago

hey all! I had my interview yesterday with AE and I was hired. How long does it take to get your training date? Thanks

75 months ago

Congrats Kim! They will start doing your background check then after that you're given training date. Some checks are fast because they can get thru to your references and previous employers, schools, to verify quickly. I recall one of mine was had to reach and didnt return their calls, so it delayed the process, but I just started in the next class!

75 months ago

SARA - I hope you get the job after going thru the pain of removing your tattoo!!! Actually that would make kind of a fun story about how much you want the job - what you're willing to go thru !! You can make sacrafices.. haha !@! :)
You'll do great - just be professional, nice, listen and mingle with the others in the interview (introduce yourself to the person next to you for example) - without appearing too pushy. Answer questions whenever possible making customer service or safety #1.

Elena in Europe

75 months ago

How long does it take (approximately) the background check and medical results? about 15 days ?

Elena in Europe

75 months ago

To: Dpfans in Yulee (Florida) Thank you for your help !!!

Cally in Charlotte, North Carolina

75 months ago

Does anyone know where they are placing people once they finish the training? and if its easy to transfer locations?

Jacksel in San Juan, Puerto Rico

75 months ago

Hi guys, I'm an actual employee of AmericanEagle Airlines for a year and I just did a transfer to the Flight Attendant position and I'm scheduled for the march 4 class. Is any one here is going to that class let me know, and also since Im a current employee if you have any questions about the travel benefits, pay, training, transfers, base assignments, union (AFA-Association of Flight Attendants) or any other let me know, just advising all of you that they are expecting to send this coming classes to ORD (Chicago-O'Hare) LGA (New York LaGuardia) and BOS (Boston Logan Int'l) so any help let me know.

75 months ago

And also I want to say Hi to Sara, I really missed talk to you that day when you had to be remove from the group interview because your tatoo. Just let me tell you that you can e-mail me back at jackselm@yahoo.com for any help in Headquarters or any thing else, hope you remember me, bye take care.

flutterbutter in Racine, Wisconsin

75 months ago

Any idea how many classes are scheduled beyond your March 3 class? April? May? June? Do the classes always begin on the first Monday of each month? Did you get to choose March or were you placed in it? If you wanted a later date, could you have taken it?

Any idea what the 'odds' are of getting base choices?
i.e. Are they 'in need' at ORD or LGA over BOS?

Also, any idea what the Reserve 'call out' time is? (1 hour-1.5-2..?) In addition, how long to expect to be on Reserve?

Where are they putting you up for training? One room mate or more?

Uniforms:Cost? What kind of pieces are available?-i.e. dress? red sweater?

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

This may help a little bit:

www.afaeagle.com/contract.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

Hi Jacksel,

Thank you very much to make yourself available for questions.
Could you tell me about travel benefits?
I've my mom in Brazil and would love to go to Brazil.
Also, I've a brother.is there any way he can use budy passes before 2 years if my parents doesn't use it?
Many thanks,
Isa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hi Isa thanks for your questions, here is my answers. About the travel benefits American Eagle have jumpseat agreement with American Airlines, that means if the cabin is full you can still fly to Brazil on one of the Flight Attendants jumpseat available, but before you can do a CJ (which mean jumpseat)you must do a reservation on standby on the flight you want to take to Brazil. Once you finish training with Eagle they will give you access to JetNet thats our employee page where you can do reservations, check you pay statement, see seniority lists, take some online training and etc. There is the place where you made the resevation, remeber you can fly to any place American, American Eagle and American Connection fly to. American just charge taxes and a minimun charge for your travel the first 5 years in the company, when you turn 5 years the company will not charge you for coach on domestic flights and will only charge the taxes on any international trip, for example Chicago(ORD) to Sao Paulo(GRU) is about $182.00 in coach round trip. You don't need to pay that in advance they will take that out of your next paycheck. And about your brother if you are not married you can list someone as a Travel Companion it can be your best friend, your cousin, your brother, your domestic partner any one, but you must be single if no you will have to wait the 2 years. Hope this help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

Hi Jacksel,

Again, many thanks.Very helpful.
Wish you good luck in your training.
Isa.

75 months ago

Just a reminder, I know there is a few of the trainees going to class on march 4, let me know who are you guys, good luck to everyone, and your welcome Isa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Sara Good Luck and God Bless You, this is for you, be you always.

flymyway in Racine, Wisconsin

75 months ago

What hotel do they put you at for training...just curious if it's a Hampton or a Residence Inn or...?

75 months ago

Dallas - Ft. Worth Airport Drury Inn & Suites

4210 W. Airport Freeway
Dallas/Irving, Texas, 75062
P: 972-986-1200 · F: 972-986-1200

www.druryhotels.com/properties/dallasftworthairport.cfm

so far thats the place I had heard

75 months ago

Hmmm...wonder if you can 'upgrade' to one of those Suites if you want to. Those are Sweet Suites!

75 months ago

I'm not really sure, AmericanEagle is the one who paid for the room and accommodates you with a same sex roommate, you will not know your roommate until you check in at the hotel because they choose your roommate in order of check-in times, also at our room we can't order movies or others incidentals because the airline only paid the basic, a question are you hired all ready? and for what class?

75 months ago

flutterbutter in Racine, Wisconsin said: Any idea how many classes are scheduled beyond your March 3 class? April? May? June? Do the classes always begin on the first Monday of each month? Did you get to choose March or were you placed in it? If you wanted a later date, could you have taken it?

Any idea what the 'odds' are of getting base choices?
i.e. Are they 'in need' at ORD or LGA over BOS?

Also, any idea what the Reserve 'call out' time is? (1 hour-1.5-2..?) In addition, how long to expect to be on Reserve?

Where are they putting you up for training? One room mate or more?

Uniforms:Cost? What kind of pieces are available?-i.e. dress? red sweater?

So far confirm after the march 4 class is April 1st. for sure they will have a May class but it depends on the Instructor schedule and company operations. The cost for the uniform and luggage is about $850.00, the company paid half and you the other half. The reserve time is going to be long at least more than 6 months for sure, remember the probation period last 6 months, About the stand by when you bid for example in March you will know for sure your days off for April and you will know your working days also, only think is you will not know where your flights are going to, for example you know you work April 4 and have to report to the airport for stand by at 1000 (10:00am, remember the military time) Maybe you have a flight at 1100 but maybe you have a flight at 1700 (5:00pm) Crew Scheduling is th one that tell you where you will go. Training is in The American Airlines Conference and Training Center and we will stay in a hotel close to the training facilities, also for sure you will have a roommate except for example there is 5 boys 1 will be "lucky" and will be alone. And of course they need now more people for ORD and LGA than BOS, hope this help.

75 months ago

Just to let you know guys that Sara made it, she is going right now to Medical in Dallas Im so happy hope she clear the background quick.

Elena in Europe

75 months ago

Hi! does anybody know how long it takes background check? It's been almost week since I was interviewed and no news so far... I will attend April's class. THANK YOU !!!

Elena in Europe

75 months ago

Congratulations Sara! Well done!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adonna in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

I was just hired by AE, will probably start training in the April calss, and I'm wondering about the stability of the company. I know they are having a big turnover and some say I should go with another carrier. Is AE good on pay and flight hours after graduation? And is it possible to move up quickly? Everyone I ask say they enjoy it, but I'd like to hear varied opinions. The good and the bad. Can anyone offer me some thoughts?

74 months ago

Adonna in Cleveland, Ohio said: I was just hired by AE, will probably start training in the April calss, and I'm wondering about the stability of the company. I know they are having a big turnover and some say I should go with another carrier. Is AE good on pay and flight hours after graduation? And is it possible to move up quickly? Everyone I ask say they enjoy it, but I'd like to hear varied opinions. The good and the bad. Can anyone offer me some thoughts?

Hey I just got hired by AE also. I think they are a good company. all companies have problems to some degree. Anywhere you go your going to come across the same things. I was told not to go with United and CAL. I had the best experience with American/AE. I wouldn't worry about it so much. Just remember the high turnover means more seniority for me and you. how did you find out that you might be in the April class? when did you get hired

74 months ago

Hi to Kim and Adonna, I'm a current employee for American Eagle, just doing a transfer to the Flight Attendant position. I want to tell you that American Eagle is a great company, with good pay and great opportunities to move up. We are a regional carrier, the largest in the world, and we will get pay almost the same of big airlines, for example we start at $18.03 and Spirit and CAL start at $18.04 only 1 cent difference. The per diem is good, $1.65 and even if you only flight 20 hours a month you will get paid like if you fly 75 because they guaranteed that to you. Times go fast so don't think to much in the reserve time and you will know how quick you get your lines for bid, AE is expecting to hire a lot of F/A as more cities has been added to our route system. They also are adding more flights to current cities so you will see how this is going to work good for all of us. AE is like a big family, remember now you best friend will be Crew Scheduler they are the one that call you to your cell phone when on reserve and tell what flights are you going to work, the only think that can be a little bad is that many legs we can do in a day because we do a lot of short flight for example a DFW-ACT (Dallas-Waco, TX) is about 30 minutes long or BOS-LGA (Boston-New York) is about the same so we can do maybe 6 takeoffs in one day. But congrats to all you, Welcome Aboard and be happy and proud that you has been hire by the biggest regional carrier over the world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Hi DpFans,

My name is Jacksel from San Juan, PR Im a current employee for AE doing transfer to the Flight Attendant position and also on the March 4 class!!! nice to write to you and hope to met you soon, everything will be great, any question about the company or something let me know. And I think for sure you will be one of the Top Seniorities in our class, Congrats

74 months ago

Elena in Europe said: Hi! does anybody know how long it takes background check? It's been almost week since I was interviewed and no news so far... I will attend April's class. THANK YOU !!!

Elena its depend on how quick they can verify all the info on your application, I don't know if you are visiting Europe or if you live in Europe, but if you live there and some of your previous employers are from one country outside the USA it will take a little longer if no the average is always about 2 weeks.

Adonna in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

Kim in Richmond, Virginia said: Hey I just got hired by AE also. I think they are a good company. all companies have problems to some degree. Anywhere you go your going to come across the same things. I was told not to go with United and CAL. I had the best experience with American/AE. I wouldn't worry about it so much. Just remember the high turnover means more seniority for me and you. how did you find out that you might be in the April class? when did you get hired

Hi Kim and Jacksel, I was just hired yesterday. Yeah! I was told that the next clases are April 1st and April 29th, but I don't know which one I will be in yet. I am waiting for the background and medical to clear. I think that after that I should receive something in the mail, right. I am very excited and want this very much. Your right about the senority, for us, that will be great. I want to work alot, so the hours are ok, I just pray I get a decent hub. (I'm already frezzing in Cleveland, lol)

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

Kim in Richmond, Virginia said: Hey I just got hired by AE also. I think they are a good company. all companies have problems to some degree. Anywhere you go your going to come across the same things. I was told not to go with United and CAL. I had the best experience with American/AE. I wouldn't worry about it so much. Just remember the high turnover means more seniority for me and you. how did you find out that you might be in the April class? when did you get hired

Hi Kim,

I just moved to RIC and I'm also going to have an interview with AE next week.
Do you know if they have layovers in RIC from ORD base?
PS: You are seeing that I'm from Chicago b/c I'm in ORD right now.

74 months ago

Isa in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Kim,

I just moved to RIC and I'm also going to have an interview with AE next week.
Do you know if they have layovers in RIC from ORD base?
PS: You are seeing that I'm from Chicago b/c I'm in ORD right now.

I'm not sure. I know they have several flights from Richmond. I was just looking at the current American arrivals on the web and one is arriving at 11:30pm you could consider this a layover

74 months ago

ok I feel really stupid. I chose LGA as my hub of preference because it was the shortest distance from Richmond. It's a 1hour by plane ORD is 2h15. I just found out that American/AE does not fly directly to LGA from RIC. I chose ORD as my second choice. do you know if your going to get the HUB on your choice in training or whatever they have available. I really want ORD. Do you know how long you have to stay at your base before you can transfer to ORD?

74 months ago

Adonna congrats I was talking to Sara (Saiobhan (Shoban) ) and yesterday you both took lunch at DFW airport she told me you are awesome, hope to see you on one airport terminal some day because I'll be on the march class and you on one of the April classes, but again congrats. Isa you should not think in RIC overnight for now remember you will be on reserve and for sure they will send you to a lot of different places for overnight hope you get the RIC but it will be mostly sure when you hold a line. They have a 6:05am departure to ORD so for sure thats an overnight

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

When we get flight benefits for our parents, is it just for my biological parents, or can my husband's parents receive the same benefits? thanks.

74 months ago

Good morning Kim, Your biological parents get the flight benefits as soon as you add them under your travel benefits, you do that on jetnet, the intranet page for AMR, AA and AE employees. Your husband parents can use the D3, thats 24 one way passes commonly know as "buddy passes" and those are giving to you after 2 years of service with company, they are 24 but are really 12 round trips, thats way you will see that on the system you can only add 12 friends or relatives. Using your birth certificate they verify your parents names but you can also add step father/mother like in my case for mother I have my grandmother (I have it already because I'm an actual employee) and is fine for the company, they don't even ask for any proof.

74 months ago

Is there a 'dress code' during training? i.e.-Business attire-dresses, etc. / black & white only...?

74 months ago

Yes, business attire for sure. There is no specific color but try to look like in uniform. Is possible that we may have a "jeans day" but only if the instructors said so, be ready for some Saturdays training to.

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

Kim in Richmond, Virginia said: I'm not sure. I know they have several flights from Richmond. I was just looking at the current American arrivals on the web and one is arriving at 11:30pm you could consider this a layover

Kim,
I forgot to ask you. What about Trans states as you are in RIC?
Or even Air Wisconsin and Colgan Air in Manassas, Chantily, Norfolk, DC?

74 months ago

I'm not sure about layovers with them. how long have you lived in RIC

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

Well, I moved last October but as I'm based in ORD I'm never home. Is very hurd to commute b/c JB and Airtran are the only ones I can j/s.
Have you tried Trans States before?They are also based in RIC.

74 months ago

Yes, I interview with Trans States in early December. I was not really impressed with them nor did I like the interviewer. You can't use American to commute to ORD.? I think i'm going to run into the same problems your having when I start commuting

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.