Application status

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

vegas candidate in Las Vegas, Nevada

32 months ago

So i have applied for a few different carriers. my earliest application was 3 weeks ago, and the most recent was about a week ago. Just wanting comments from people who are applying around the same time as me. any emails yet? phone calls? i got a "rejection" email from US airways already, but i have read that many people also recieved the email, but got an interview call about a month later....so yea, i wanna hear from the people who are currently applying and what you have heard so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ready to Fly in the Sky in East Brunswick, New Jersey

32 months ago

CAROL in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi Vegas, send me your email address to carolfdx@yahoo.com and I will send you some resume and cover letter help.
The airlines will be booming here in Vegas when the new terminal opens up!
I applied for the US Air FA job, got the call and will be going to PHX in 11 days... I have worked as a ticket agent for a commuter, but have alot of customer service years with FedEx; I have always wanted to be a flight Attendant and I am going to try my hardest to pass the f2f in PHX.

Hi Carol, I was just wondering if you had any advice also on not getting rejected by USAir? I reworded my resume, and I am currently waiting on a reply. I don't have previous f.a. experience, but I have many years of customer service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cali4nia in Los Angeles, California

32 months ago

Ready to Fly in the Sky in East Brunswick, New Jersey said: Hi Carol, I was just wondering if you had any advice also on not getting rejected by USAir? I reworded my resume, and I am currently waiting on a reply. I don't have previous f.a. experience, but I have many years of customer service.

I too received the rejection email from USairways. after rewording your resume, did the USairways website allow you to re-apply? or did you use a different address and contact #?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vegas.one in Riverside, California

32 months ago

Cali4nia in Los Angeles, California said: I too received the rejection email from USairways. after rewording your resume, did the USairways website allow you to re-apply? or did you use a different address and contact #?

I wouldnt use different email. If they find out u tried to do that, they might oust u all together!
Like i said. Many people got the rejection email, and they got called for an interview 3 weeks later. There still may be hope for us both

Vegas.one in Las Vegas, Nevada

32 months ago

well its almost monday....keeping my fingers, toes, arms, and legs crossed in hopes i get some emails or calls this week....i wanna get in somewhere soooooooo bad.....okay....back when i was in college, i had MULTIPLE different jobs....like each one i worked at for like 3-4 months...i had to keep moving around because i kept having issues with scheduling around school....i feel like when i fill out the 10 years of work history...that will put me at a dis advantage...any advice???? wish i could change the past but i cant :(

flight attendant hopeful in Hamburg, Germany

32 months ago

I feel your pain Vegas, I start applying about a week and a half ago, I got the rejection from US airways straight away as well. I have a lot of customer service experience but I did have several temporary jobs in college. I am American but I have been in Europe for the past 5 years, and I am wondering if all the temporary jobs will hurt my chances as well, or if the fact that I am not currently in the States is hurting me, but I am looking for jobs here too so I don't really want to go back to the states to sit around and wait for results :(

Vegas.one in Las Vegas, Nevada

32 months ago

i completely agree...it sucks lol...its getting to the point where i find myself constantly checking my email...oh well...just gotta keep our heads high and hope for the best! :D

flight attendant hopeful in Hamburg, Germany

32 months ago

Yes I know what you mean, sometimes I avoid my email in the hopes that if I spend hours not looking at it I will get something. It kills me too because I know I won't get anything until the afternoon here at the earliest! But someone has to get back to us soon I think :)

K D in Richardson, Texas

30 months ago

I applied to Continental Airlines in late July 2011. The job status has been open until today. Now there is a message that shows "past job submittals" as flight attendant, but continues to shows, "you are currently being considered for this job". Another message says, "you have no available or scheduled appointments". Has anyone seen anything like "this"? Thanks.

tricia furlow in Farmington, Minnesota

9 months ago

In all walks of life .I performed. team work as a ticket and gate agent.Its time to return as a flight attendent Please inform me whos hiring. To all have a positive out look you will never go wrong thank you.

Tricia Furlow

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.