Atlas Air hiring FAs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1752)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

FA Happy in Mcallen, Texas

55 months ago

Does Atlas fly you in for the interview? Or do you need to make your own way??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Playto in Denver, Colorado

55 months ago

U have to pay your own way.

Jeff in Eatontown, New Jersey

55 months ago

Personally, I really appreciate knowing ALL of the information possible before deciding if I will be paying my way to this interview. So, thank you for any of the previously stated details from those who are in training now! Sometimes it is hard to obtain all necessary info while on the phone with an interviewer even when they don't set out to keep things confidential.

Does anyone have more information on the need for relocation to IAH?

Thank you all and good luck to those interviewing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Yes u have to relocate not able to commute.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aircrew in Missouri City, Texas

55 months ago

Playto in Denver, Colorado said: HELP I am flying down to IAH on Monday for the interview with ATLAS and need a place to stay for the night will split cost if you have a room, I can pay at least 74.00

Playto in Denver - check with the Sheraton airport or go to google Busch Intercontinetal Airport Hotels and it will give you a list of hotels near the Sheraton where the interviews will be at least that's were it was the last time....If its at another hotel reply back and I can let you know what other hotels are around for you. Good luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

conitnental f/a in Riverdale, Georgia

55 months ago

ANYONE KNOW'S WHY 6 WEEKS OF TRAINING TO QUALIFY IN ONE A/C AND HOW IS THE TESTING 90% PASSING OR BETTER ANY RE-TAKES ????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Did u have an interview already? sounds like u been there.
I cannot afford the sheraton hotel thats why iam posting on here.

55 months ago

Aircrew: did u have an interview?

CD

55 months ago

I found a 4 star hotel on hotwire for 68 dollars. Look there :-)

55 months ago

CD: Thanks for the info greatly appreciate it ! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

inflight101 in columbia, South Carolina said: Yay!!!! Got my interview for atlas airline on feb 16.

Did u get the monthly salary? i know of the 65hrs @ 22 but need to know if its more when your working. Let me know if u can

Aircrew in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

Playto in Denver, Colorado said: Did u get the monthly salary? i know of the 65hrs @ 22 but need to know if its more when your working. Let me know if u can

How did your interview go. Did the state when the next class will be. What other info did they tell you.

inflight101 in columbia, South Carolina

55 months ago

The interview went great!!!! ;-)

Aircrew in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

inflight101 in columbia, South Carolina said: The interview went great!!!! ;-)

So what all did they tell you. When is the next class, etc...

55 months ago

INFLIGHT 101. Are they still interviewing?

inflight101 in columbia, South Carolina

55 months ago

FA Happy in Mcallen, Texas said: INFLIGHT 101. Are they still interviewin

No there not we will hear something back from them in 2 weeks

55 months ago

inflight101 in columbia, South Carolina said:

Good luck to you Inflight.. so what else did they tell you. They give you any training dates, etc...

55 months ago

Aircrew in Missouri, did you send in your resume? if so, when?

conitnental f/a in Riverdale, Georgia

55 months ago

my friend from tx got the email for training she is in the pool for training with out a date

55 months ago

Congrats to your friend continetal f/a. anyone else get a email...

Maria TJP10 in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

IAHF/A in Missouri City, Texas said: The interview is quite exciting. They go into great details about the company and what you will be doing, etc, play a group game which was fun, they provide you with lunch and then you fill out a lot of papers and then you will interview with a panel of Atlas and Global Inflight Service personnel. Good luck..

Have you recieved your letter in the mail as of yet? They sure are taking this 2 wk thing seriously!!

55 months ago

inflight101 in columbia, South Carolina said: The interview went great!!!! ;-)

Have you recieved your letter in the mail as of yet?

lolahouston in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

i interviewed on the 16th and never got an email or letter.I dont think they will take the time to answer if they dont want to hire you because apparently they are sending email to the ones that they want for training.

FAIAH in Denver, Colorado

55 months ago

I did not receive a letter yet, however someone stated on the forum that their friend was notified via email last Monday that they were in the training pool with no start date which indicates their selections more than likely have been made last week. :) And I wish everybody good luck who goes to training!!

55 months ago

They claim there would be two letters that would be sent. One inviting you to the training, and the other to say thank you for applying. We'll see:)

Wanderlust0409 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

They told me 3 weeks before I would know if I was hired. I'm torn if I would take it. It would be a great experience, but I understand from others already in training that there were some broken promises (no 401k, only 3 trips/month=only 90 hours/month). Great job if you already live in IAH or w/i driving distance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Door Queen 79 in Lawrenceville, Georgia

55 months ago

My understanding is 14 hour flight followed by security to hotel 12 hrs rest followed by security to aircraft 14 hours back. There is outside travel from the hotel due to threat assessment. One meal is provided free in hotel. A large precentage of the FAs will be Angola nationals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Sorry that is "NO" outside travel from the hotel. If you want a real read on what is happening go to www.regulations.gov and in the search window type in SONAIR or ATLAS or World Airways and read on.

PeaWee in Denver, Colorado

55 months ago

Where did u hear that from?

55 months ago

I know someone that flies the route now.

Ex-Flight Attendant in Missouri City, Texas

55 months ago

Well I got a call from Denise this afternoon March 2nd at 3:08pm about training but I declined the class since I got a excellent promotion with my current job. Good luck to those who will be attending the second class. Keep me posted..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lola in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

Ex-Flight Attendant in Missouri City, Texas said: Well I got a call from Denise this afternoon March 2nd at 3:08pm about training but I declined the class since I got a excellent promotion with my current job. Good luck to those who will be attending the second class. Keep me posted..

Did you get an email first or a letter ?
Thank you

Ex- Flight Attendant in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

lola in Houston, Texas said: Did you get an email first or a letter ?
Thank you

I went the first interviews back in Nov 2009 and received an email back in Dec 2009 stating I was selected to be put on the preferred list back in Dec. Then I received a letter Fedex confirming this preferred list. In January 2010 they called and offered me a training class but it didn't allow me a 2 weeks notice to give my current employer so they put me back on the list for the next class. Then Denise called me March 2nd to offer me a training date which I declined since I just received an excellent promotion on my current job which I couldn't pass up. Good luck to those who get accepted for this next training class.

Alfightattendant in Saint Louis, Missouri

55 months ago

Parisinthespring in Kansas said: I have a friend who said they are interviewing in Houston the week of Feb.15 for the next class.

CONGRATS ON PURSER Paris ;o)

ex-flight attendant in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

So they chose the Purser positions already.

55 months ago

I found out today that I was invited to the training in Miamai! Congrats to those who were invited as well! I'm excited to get the ball rolling!

kcired in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

Congrats Maria!!!!! Were you at the feb 15 or 16 interview? And how did you find out, email/call/letter?

Nanne in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

Maria, I am the Brazilian lady, remember me? I found out I have been approved as well! If you wanna get in touch, my email is adriana.diesen@sbcglobal.net

FAIAH in Denver, Colorado

55 months ago

Congratulations Maria !!!! :)

55 months ago

kcired in Dallas, Texas said: Congrats Maria!!!!! Were you at the feb 15 or 16 interview? And how did you find out, email/call/letter?

Thank you! I interviewed on feb 15th. I spoke to someone there who informed me that I would be going to the training.

lolahouston in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

Hello
I received a letter today about being on the prefered hiring list.Maria,did u get that letter? Did they tell you on the phone when the training will start?
On my letter,it says april or may.
Thank you for the infos!

Nanne in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

lolahouston I talked to them yesterday, I am up for the training session to be scheduled for April or May, just like you. I think Maria is up the for the next session already on Mar-22 if I am not mistaken.

55 months ago

That's correct..

55 months ago

I never recieved a letter. I spoke with someone who said I would be in the March 22 training

55 months ago

Maria TJP10 in Houston, Texas said: I never recieved a letter. I spoke with someone who said I would be in the March 22 training

They probably send you a letter FEDEX confirming the training date of March 22. You probably spoke to Denise from HR. She was the one who get in contact with me this past Tuesday March 2

NH1343 in Brookhaven, Mississippi

55 months ago

Hey People,
Let me tell you that this flight is hard and when you get to Launda it is a hard place to deal with also. This is a third world country,and they do things in a third world way. I fly the HE to work over there and getting off the ground on time is a joke. Nothing is done that makes any sense and we are treated like cows going to the slaughter trying to get on the plane and come home. I have been on this trip for four years and have just about had enought. If you have not been over there talk to some of the HE Flight attendents first before you get on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

NH1343 in Brookhaven, Mississippi said: Hey People,
Let me tell you that this flight is hard and when you get to Launda it is a hard place to deal with also. This is a third world country,and they do things in a third world way. I fly the HE to work over there and getting off the ground on time is a joke. Nothing is done that makes any sense and we are treated like cows going to the slaughter trying to get on the plane and come home. I have been on this trip for four years and have just about had enought. If you have not been over there talk to some of the HE Flight attendents first before you get on.

Who are the HE FLight Attendants.

55 months ago

OOPS. Never mind.. Just figured it out. Houston Express = HE..So what is so hard about the flight.. seems most people would be sleeping or watching movies or something and coming back at nite they would be all asleep

Miami_FlyGirl in Miami, Florida

54 months ago

How much does a FA working for Houston Express makes on her first year?

jet blast in Australia

54 months ago

FYI- I'm a pilot for Atlas. I will be flying the Houston Express out of IAH. I would not pay too much attention to the current F/A's expressing discontent. They fly MD11's that do not fly non-stop and work for a different company than Atlas. It's going to be a whole new game. The only thing that is going to be the same is the destination. Get your malaria pills and you will be OK. See you on board!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.