Atlas Air hiring FAs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 2221)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

nessadipity in Sugar Land, Texas

76 months ago

Lacy in Austin, Texas said: If anyone else plays softball, bring your glove to training!! We can play catch on the beach!

Is the Hyatt that we are staying at Lacy right on the beach?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nessadipity in Sugar Land, Texas

76 months ago

Either way we'll see when we get there. Because I wouldn't think Atlas would actually put us on the beach.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenfarrell in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

Lacy in Austin, Texas said: If anyone else plays softball, bring your glove to training!! We can play catch on the beach!

Hey LAcy I play and I will def bring my glove and a ball, have not played since college so dont tear me up too bad lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenfarrell in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

nessadipity in Sugar Land, Texas said: Is the Hyatt that we are staying at Lacy right on the beach?

No the Beach is about an hour bus ride but I looked up where the bus route is so we can get there in about an hour. the terminal is pretty close!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Door Queen 79 in Lawrenceville, Georgia

75 months ago

When is the first scheduled flight from IAH to LAD with pax?

NLP in Hialeah, Florida

75 months ago

Is Atlas Air hiring for Miami Base?
Any information will be appreciated Thanks :-)

AroundTheWorld in Massachusetts

75 months ago

Door Queen, reading everything I can about this company, first departure by Atlas was about May 2.

NLP, Atlas was using Miami Airs training facility.... thats it as far as I can determine from reading all the posts....

Door Queen 79 in Norcross, Georgia

75 months ago

From what I have heard all flight are from IAH or LAD but, the true start has been delayed for a few more weeks.

skyprincess in Dania, Florida

75 months ago

So, what is the Atlas Flight Attendant stautus now? Are you flying yet or are there any new classes in training?

75 months ago

It's all very quieet on the Atlas/SonAir sceene.... Seems to me some one has put the lid on comments from the inside regarding this group.... I know I would love to have been in one of their classes, however I missed the boat when they posted for FA openings....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

skyprincess in Dania, Florida

75 months ago

interesting..maybe they are still working on FAA approvals. I saw a job for 747 F/A's based in JFK thru a recruiting service today, and I'm kinda guessing it could be for Atlas.
so, any of you Atlas trainees want to update us???

Sky-King04 in new york city, New York

75 months ago

skyprincess in Dania, Florida said: interesting..maybe they are still working on FAA approvals. I saw a job for 747 F/A's based in JFK thru a recruiting service today, and I'm kinda guessing it could be for Atlas.

Hello..... I'm curious about the Atlas F/A Position. Does anyone know if they're hiring or not.

Sky-King04

Island Girl in Salt Lake City, Utah

75 months ago

Is Atlas hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

SkyPrincess in Dania, Florida, About the '747 F/A's based in JFK thru a recruiting service' I did not come across that any where... can you please send me a link to that at "FirstDayofGemini@yahoo.com".... Put on the subject line our connection thru indeed.... We can exchange phone numbers.... I would gladly share with you the info I have gathered. Thanks...

jetonnet in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

Atlas air lost there contract after buying 4 brand new aircraft they are not going to fly lud they are only flying as cargo

worldgirl in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

Just curious. I know that World completed our last Sonair flight on 6/30/10, but Sonair requested us to continue service indefinitely, to which we said no. We have other business for the Sonair designated aircraft and need to get it reconfigured. We'd heard that Atlas failed their evac drills, and hadn't even begun proving runs for the Sonair flights. Could all be just rumor, which floats like the wind in this industry, but Sonair's next scheduled service should have been on 6/31/10, and I know World didn't do it. It's been so quiet on the Atlas front with regards to this, so just wondering what's going on with it. Any news?

lalala5648 in Sugar Land, Texas

74 months ago

jetonnet in Houston, Texas said: Atlas air lost there contract after buying 4 brand new aircraft they are not going to fly lud they are only flying as cargo

Where did you get your source?

FADIA in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

Atlas air is not flying to Africa? did they start at all? what happened?

74 months ago

jetonnet in Houston, Texas said: Atlas air lost there contract after buying 4 brand new aircraft they are not going to fly lud they are only flying as cargo

Wow, didn't hear that. Just that it might be a while before Atlas is ready. Sonair definitely wanted us to continue service for the forseeable future and we said no. That's a very long commute without any other airline going to Angola directly from the states. Sonair can't be too happy about that. Some of our pilots said they saw it coming with not being ready.

kl444 in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

WorldGirl in Atlanta, Georgia said: Just curious. I know that World completed our last Sonair flight on 6/30/10, but Sonair requested us to continue service indefinitely, to which we said no. We have other business for the Sonair designated aircraft and need to get it reconfigured. We'd heard that Atlas failed their evac drills, and hadn't even begun proving runs for the Sonair flights. Could all be just rumor, which floats like the wind in this industry, but Sonair's next scheduled service should have been on 6/31/10, and I know World didn't do it. It's been so quiet on the Atlas front with regards to this, so just wondering what's going on with it. Any news?

June only has 30 days. Do you mean 05/31/10? It would make more sense.

lalala5648 in Sugar Land, Texas

74 months ago

hmmm...jetonnet aint talking.. :( Everything is hush hush, that just aint right... not even getting anything or any update(s) from atlas peeps..

74 months ago

KL444 in Cleveland, Ohio said: June only has 30 days. Do you mean 05/31/10? It would make more sense.

Yes, obviously I meant 5/31/10. Our last flight was May 30th. Sorry for the error.

FADIA in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

If they failed evacs perhaps they selected the wrong candidates?
I know they were turning down well qualified people at the interviews because Global was being very picky !

74 months ago

nicegal in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

HAHAHA!!! It's funny how all these rumors are floating around. Atlas Air is up and running without a hitch. The first flight was May 31st. And yes, Atlas is still hiring FAs. If you are interested just email your resume to hrcareers@atlasair.com

Good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wingingit in Richmond, Texas

74 months ago

nicegal in Houston, Texas said: HAHAHA!!! It's funny how all these rumors are floating around. Atlas Air is up and running without a hitch. The first flight was May 31st. And yes, Atlas is still hiring FAs. If you are interested just email your resume to hrcareers@atlasair.com

Good luck to all!

Thanks for clearing everything up Nicegal in Houston! I sent my resume today! Wish me luck!

Thanks again,

Wingingit!

CatchAPamilla in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody recieved a call back since sending in their resume to Atlas? I just sent mine in on Thursday, know it's kind of soon, but just wondering? Thanks guys!

FA Rae in Springfield Gardens, New York

74 months ago

CatchAPamilla in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey guys, just wondering if anybody recieved a call back since sending in their resume to Atlas? I just sent mine in on Thursday, know it's kind of soon, but just wondering? Thanks guys!

I applies as well three days ago and waiting on a response!

FA Rae in Springfield Gardens, New York

74 months ago

skyprincess in Dania, Florida said: interesting..maybe they are still working on FAA approvals. I saw a job for 747 F/A's based in JFK thru a recruiting service today, and I'm kinda guessing it could be for Atlas.

im interested, where you saw this posting for this fa position?

IAHFA in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

I interviewed back in March they seem to be having continous interviews since then, I thought they were only going to hire like 30-40 ppl. Are they flying now, how many planes only 2 I thought. I thought they would have been staffed by now... lol

Pammie in Lapeer, Michigan

74 months ago

IAHFA, well sounds like you've had some experience with them. What did you think of the company and do they have any type of flight benefits with othere airlines? Any info would be great, thanks! :)

Jeff in Shrewsbury, New Jersey

74 months ago

Anyone hear anything after applying yet?

wingingit in Richmond, Texas

74 months ago

Jeff in Shrewsbury, New Jersey said: Anyone hear anything after applying yet?

Nope nothing yet Jeff. However, it's still probably too soon... but nothing as of yet.

DIAFACO in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

I would be weary of this company folks.... they been interviewing since last year and only have two planes that i know of. And they have hired a contractor to staff the planes so actually you would be working for the contractor... they are either having high turn over or something else is going on... inform me if i am wrong plz

paulanthony in The Woodlands (Houston), Texas

74 months ago

Hey Guys,

I work in Houston and pass through IAH everyday..The same 2 Atlas 747-400's sit there day after day..never move..beautiful planes..but strange to see them completely idle. Who knows..the whole thing seems a little sketchy..

74 months ago

yes, Paul they have been interviewing since last year, and i went to an interview this past march while they had the first class going through already. My interview was for the second class and they did make their choices shortly afterwards so i dont know why or how they are still interviweing unless they fired most of the ppl they already hired. I would be weary of this company guys not stable. I spent alot of money going to the interview which I should have not, im well qualified and experienced and didnt get a chance. they hired a contractor Global Inflight Services to staff the planes and they were unprofessional as can be. They were turning down very well qualified ppl. Atlas called me to the interview happily and I was rejected by Global Inflight Services and received a very negative letter from them which I should have not or deserved to get. ...lol be aware guys !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

World Girl says they stopped flying May31 already lol

LASerb in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

Lol... All of this is funny. I'm one of the flight attendants for the Houston express. The operation is up and running just fine. We do the charters to Angola every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The company is very legit and is hoping to begin another FA training very soon. I finished my OE almost 2 weeks ago and I fly out tomorrow. I'm scheduled once a week for the whole month of July. We are actually doing a lot of "interesting" charters soon. I'll just throw this out there.... World Cup.
: )
hope that clears things up. Any other questions?

74 months ago

they can still be waiting on certification?? but I thought they already hired the ppl they needed. be careful ppl. I would not spend my money going to an interview with this company. just a little advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

LASerb in Houston, Texas said: Lol... All of this is funny. I'm one of the flight attendants for the Houston express. The operation is up and running just fine. We do the charters to Angola every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The company is very legit and is hoping to begin another FA training very soon. I finished my OE almost 2 weeks ago and I fly out tomorrow. I'm scheduled once a week for the whole month of July. We are actually doing a lot of "interesting" charters soon. I'll just throw this out there.... World Cup.

If your one of the F/As can you explain the high turn over at this short service that just started? Why are they still hiring since last year.

Jeff in Shrewsbury, New Jersey

74 months ago

There is not a high turn-over. They are growing and expanding....

74 months ago

Does that mean more aircraft and new destonations? What other cities they planning to fly from if any??

paulanthony (Houston) in Memphis, Tennessee

74 months ago

hey guys, thats good if they are flying..I hope they do well..I put in my app about 2 months ago..nothing yet..Im in the process of getting my TX realtor license..but really want to fly again..(do i keep picking bad industries or what?)Good luck to everyone. Those Atlas planes look nice..Angola..I could deal with that..I used to fly Hati turns with AA out of JFK..Constantly :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Kansas City, Missouri

74 months ago

Will they be hiring FAs for their Miami base soon? Are they currently flying passengers out of the Miami base or only cargo? I would very much appreciate this information.

Thanks.

Curious in Kansas City, Missouri

74 months ago

Could someone please tell me if you sit reserve with Atlas Air? What is the schedule like? How many days in a row do you work followed by how many days off in a row?

Thanks.

74 months ago

I know they do have home and airport reserve thats the tough part because senority rules for flights. The trips are bout 2 1/2 day trips basically m w f. If your new you may not get a schedule to begin with but you get like 60-65 hours wether you fly or not.
You can contact denise HR at Atlas if u have more questions.

flygirlx5 in Boston, Massachusetts

74 months ago

Hi there, does anyone know if Atlas Air offers any flying benefits. Thanks for the info!

74 months ago

LASerb in Houston, Texas said: Lol... All of this is funny. I'm one of the flight attendants for the Houston express. The operation is up and running just fine. We do the charters to Angola every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The company is very legit and is hoping to begin another FA training very soon. I finished my OE almost 2 weeks ago and I fly out tomorrow. I'm scheduled once a week for the whole month of July. We are actually doing a lot of "interesting" charters soon. I'll just throw this out there.... World Cup.

Thanks for that info! Could you tell me if Atlas offers flying benefits?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

When I interviewed this past March they discussed it as a possibility but didn't have any arrangements at the time.

74 months ago

Thanks again! Sounds like Atlas has a lot of good stuff happening! Take Care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.