Atlas Air hiring FAs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 2223)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

amill in Grayson, Georgia

74 months ago

Well no memos have stated hiring fa's but ive heard otherwise .But it doesnt change the fact that im there already (DL) and it wont help me to leave the company .Cause if I wanna come back and wear a red dress which I will it wont look good then I'll probably never get in cause I'll look like an AIR WH00000RE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ramona in Kalamazoo, Michigan

74 months ago

Yeah the atlas gig sounds great and the money is good. It was like the perfect job for me, since I am from Houston, I had no problems moving back. But the no flight benefits is a deal breaker for me, I feel if I pay for my tik out of pocket with the extra money I make with Atlas I'll be just as broke. I think I'm going with the regional for now, I need my flight benefits, cause this fly girl loves being in the air for leisure just a little too much!! It was a very tough decision for me with atlas, cause it's everything that I wanted...beautiful 747plane, a high end customer, no up and down as HPN said like the regional, more money...but no freakin flight benefits...what a bomber! I was so disappointed cause it sounded really great to be at home in houston again, just perfect and then that!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Addicted to Flying in Deltona, Florida

74 months ago

They called me on Thursday. I can not recall anything said and I forgot to ask, so let me get this straight, there are no discounts on other airlines to commute on? Usually they would offer discounts on other scheduled airlines...Need to know before I buy a tix to go to interview!

I am from IAH so that won't be a problem once I am there...

Ok I did the online assessment, what happens next? Is there a pass or fail?

rdaven in Riverdale, Georgia

74 months ago

after online assessemnet, i got a call for an interview on July 8th. I was told there is NO flight benefits, but that could change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Ok..just read previous posts on other pages...I got my answer for now. Sounds like old Pan Am days of Rio Rockets. JFK to GIG 12 hr flt time 9hr L/O when you got your room key. It is about making the most amount of money in a short amount of time...Too tired to sight see on 9 hours, and to be ready to fly back. Sounds like there it would be a awesome job if you have 'been there done that' and still have time off, especially 'to live and work in the same place.' That is the ultimate dream F/A job- Travel Benefits would make it dreamier =). Commuting is not exactly fun.

Do read the Bing. info on Atlas...they do have some safety issues with their older 747s. Just an FYI.. (I would still do it)

Come Fly With Me in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

Okay, I did the assessment in April? I got a call again on Wed., they have to see if they received my assessment and if I passed? I didn't know this was something you could fail? Isn't it personality profiling? Anyway, I am pulling my hair out I need a job!!!!! And, I already live in Houston.

car in Columbus, Ohio

74 months ago

Question : if chosen for training will transportation be provided to MIA? And will it be from IAH or will they provide from your current residence? Training is paid at a reduced rate...what is the reduction?

FA Rae in Springfield Gardens, New York

74 months ago

amill in Grayson, Georgia said: oh okay I was just gonna ask if anyone else was called to interview with ATLAS FA RAE I Know what youre going through Im working at delta and waiting for inflight to open up but thats no guarantee theyll call me in to even interview yeah one destination humm. Um why do you think atlas pays more than chatq??? I was told only 65 guarantee hrs at ~21.00 !

thanks understanding and relating to the situation, i did hear from a couple friends that delta is gonna start hiring in the fall, um the only reason i thinking about republic bc im in ny and i wouldnt have to relocate but the pay is a bit lower, from the forums i read its 17 to start but i was have travel benefits! are u planning to interview with atlas?

car in Columbus, Ohio

74 months ago

HPN in Port Chester, New York said: I also did the online assessment and have yet to hear back. By what I've understood, transportation is paid to training but not the interview. They also cover uniforms, accommodations and meals.

This is all premium service, first and business class only. I checked out the interiors and it is fitted with 5 across seating, large screens on the back of each seat. Seems to me they would be going after FA's with First Class service experience, yet the ad on Monster.com said the FA experience was not necessary. These are oil company executives BTW, people used to a high end service.

The 747 is one of the most reliable aircraft out there and with 4 engines over the Atlantic, you could not go wrong.

The rocket flight is doable as long as adequate rest is given to FA's. Most 747's come equipped with crew sleeping compartments. The 12 hour layover is not bad as Luanda is not Rome.

Lastly, a previous poster who's a FA with them had mentioned something about World Cup flights? So Angola may not be the only destination for now.

Thanks for the info ! But is transportation from IAH to MIA or will they transport you from your current residence? If I have to pay for another flt to IAH for them to fly me to MIA I would be better off finding my own way to training. I live in Ohio. Any ideas?

74 months ago

i was told they fly you from your home to Miami

usedtofly in Jupiter, Florida

74 months ago

I'm an experienced FA (7 years at Delta), and I submitted my resume last week. I got a voicemail for an interest in my resume, but haven't called back. The sole reason for me wanting to fly again is flight benefits, and since I will be laid off from my current job this year, I need medical too. I'll have to pass.

clearwaterbro@*****.*** in Riverview, Florida

74 months ago

does anyone on here work or know anything about vision airlines.

74 months ago

I got my invite today and ill be there on the 8th we'll see how it goes also any hotel suggestions??? I cant fly and make it by 9am!

74 months ago

Im 5' 1 and im a flight attendant....I think a "can do" attitude and personal appearance is what they look for...APPLY TO ALL AIRLINES. Dont seel yourself short (no pun intended)

74 months ago

Im on the 8th as well..Im flying in from Atlanta...

ROSA in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

clearwaterbro@yahoo.com in Riverview, Florida said: does anyone on here work or know anything about vision airlines.

GOOGLE THEM. THERE'S PLENTY OF INFO ON VISION!!!

Special K in Corsicana, Texas

74 months ago

Where and when is the next open house interview for ATLAS? thank you...

74 months ago

rdaven in Riverdale, Georgia said: Im on the 8th as well..Im flying in from Atlanta...

r daven .me too! are u non reving ?(Delta? maybe ill see you)

Baseball mom in Shreveport, Louisiana

74 months ago

Hi there everyone!! So...I've been reading all the post about ATLAS and it sounds like a GREAT flying gig!! I was a F/A for 7 years and after having my little boy 12 years ago I resigned to stay at home with him(so very blessed to do so). I applied to ATLAS a few weeks back and got a phone call yesterday and also took the online assessment yesterday. This morning I got a call inviting me to IAH for a group interview!! OMG....I am so excited!! I was hoping someone could explain how a typical work schedule is set up days on/ days off?? Do you bid or is it reserve?? It just sounds so very flexible and that is exactly what I was hoping for when I decided to fly again!! I still want to stay active in ball games and school functions but flying is something I miss so very much and ATLAS seems like an AMAZING opportunity!! Not worried about flying benefits just would love to know what to expect once out on line!! Can't wait to hear from you guys!! Good Luck everyone!! :)

clearwaterbro@*****.*** in Riverview, Florida

74 months ago

hey i applied to and also was invited to IAH. how it was explained eo me training is in MIA they fly you there from your homw airport. for the interview in IAH you have to fly yourself there. its 747 service to angola. she told me u will fly once a week 3 day trip. so 3 on 4 off. Im not sure if u can get extra trips. its 22 an hr times 65 hrs guarantee. its only 189 seats on a 747 so ur are giving excellent service. more places to come in the future and hopefully travel benefits. I think since the f.a thing is pretty new they have to get all the kinks out and then im sure they will offer flight benefits. AND you have to live in Houston after training. In Mia its paid training plus meals and hotels. Heard it the Hyatt hotel in MIA so VERY NICE. GO FOR IT.

car in Marion, Ohio

74 months ago

HPN in Port Chester, New York said: They won't fly you to the interview, but they will fly you to training.
The thing is, you need to go to the interview first so that they can decide if they want to hire you or not.

Very True. I am just trying to exude confidence because it makes the wait less stressful.

PrettyBird in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

amill in Grayson, Georgia said: I got my invite today and ill be there on the 8th we'll see how it goes also any hotel suggestions??? I cant fly and make it by 9am!

I have some friends who use Priceline dot com to book cheap hotels. You can get a 4 star hotel in downtown Houston for about $55-80 depending on what's available (there are cheaper hotels for about $35 as well, like 2 or 3 star). I highly recommend everyone who travels a lot or needs a room to use it. It can save you LOTS of money. You can even book flights and get rental cars on there as well. I hope this helps!

Congrats on the invite to the interview. Just be yourself. Be confident, courteous, professional and honest. They are looking for REAL people who have these qualities. Good luck!

Ramona

74 months ago

so would go for atlas...flight benefits please!!! even if atlas does get them eventually...how long will that be ?? atlas I thought was my dream job, still can't get over that no flight benefits!!

ARflyguy in Fayetteville, Arkansas

74 months ago

I am attending the interview July 8th! I'm SOOO excited. I will traveling from NW Arkansas!

Lacy in Round Rock, Texas

74 months ago

ARflyguy in Fayetteville, Arkansas said: I am attending the interview July 8th! I'm SOOO excited. I will traveling from NW Arkansas!

Hey!! I'm from nw ark too! Who are u?! Lol
I'm a flight attendant for atlas now. If u need a roommate when u move to Houston, lemme know!!

Bob In Michigan in Ypsilanti, Michigan

73 months ago

Hi
I would take this in a minute,if I could go home after each round trip and fly min hours.I have 18 years experience including B747-200B.I also have a home baught and payed for I could not sell in the current market.I would not mind paying expences to do this.

73 months ago

Lacy in Round Rock, Texas said: Hey!! I'm from nw ark too! Who are u?! Lol
I'm a flight attendant for atlas now. If u need a roommate when u move to Houston, lemme know!!

Hi there Lacy!! Would you mind answering a couple of questions for me?? How many days a week do you fly?? From what I understand flts leave out on Mon, Wed, Fri....so if you left on Monday do you get back to IAH sometime Tuesday nite and then another flt goes out Wednesday? Also, how are reserve days built in?? When you came out of training did you have a line?? I am totally thrilled about this whole opportunity just trying to get a feel for what life as an ATLAS F/A will be like and trying to make sure I still will have plenty of time to be a mommy!! Thanks so much in advance for any input you might have!! Good Luck everyone!! :)

Ramona in Carleton, Michigan

73 months ago

I have to be the most indecisive person in the world. I keep going back and forth on this Atlas Airline opportunity, one side of me is like go for it...then I'm like no take the regional airline with the flight benefits. But I've done regional flying before and this Atlas deal just sounds like a new experience for me, that may take a while before it comes around again. For you guys or gals that are doing the Atlas flight please tells us what you dont like, what you do like, are you happy? I mean I know this is an open forum and anybody could be on here, well just tell me what you do like about the Atlas position...Please!!

73 months ago

does anyone know if the decisions will be made that day, or will we stress out waiting for a call?

car in Cleveland, Ohio

73 months ago

Does anyone know when the next training class is scheduled to start?

73 months ago

this might help you guys with some or your questions.....I know it answered some of mine!!

Houston Express
About this flight

SonAir, prides itself on being the first national company to offer a direct transport of passengers and cargo between Angola and the United States of America more precisely between the cities of Luanda and Houston.

This operation started on November 6, 2000 and is intended only to workers and employees of companies in the Oil Industry in Angola who are members of USAEA - U.S. AFRICA ENERGY ASSOCIATION.

So for the reason mentioned above, this service is not intended to compete with the services of scheduled airlines.

The Express Houston - Luanda - Houston was a first step in opening up the coveted international SonAir horizons. The success of the bond secured a qualitative leap of the company.
The charter flight dedicated to oil companies is now operated by Atlas Air, which is the direct link between Luanda - Angola and Houston - United States of America.

Currently, the Houston Express provides all the facilities for long-haul travelers.

The Boeing 747 - 400 aircraft provides a modern setting to serve 189 passengers, predominantly in business class, which is ideal for a transatlantic flight.

Being the passenger of the primacy SonAir in order for you to have a safe trip, the plane is equipped with individual monitors enabling the client to make use of in-flight entertainment system.

We have a 24 hours toll free number in the United States for our Houston Express Passengers to obtain schedules updates, please call 1 877 747 EXPRESS.

Timatable Summer Winter
Luanda-Houston ETD: 22h30 ETD: 22h30
Weekday: Tuesday Thursday and Saturday
Check-in opens at às 06:30 pm
Check-in closes at às 08:30 pm
Boarding time: 09:30 pm
ETA:08:00am*
Check-in opens at 06:30 pm
Check-in closes at 08:30 pm
Boarding time: 09:30 pm
ETA: 07:00am*

Houston-Luanda ETD: 12h00 pm ETD: 11h00 am
Weekday: Monday

73 months ago

Houston-Luanda ETD: 12h00 pm ETD: 11h00 am
Weekday: Monday Wednesday and Friday
Check-in opens at 08:00 am
Check-in closes at 10:30 am
Boarding time: 11:15 am
ETA: 08:30*
Check-in opens at 07:30 am
Check-in closes at 10:00 am
Boarding time: 10:15 am
ETA: 08h30*

* Denotes arrival at the destination country the following day.

Milhas para Passageiro Frequente
Mileage earned on Houston Express can be redeemed with United Airlines. You may sign up to the program when registering online in our system or at one of our agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Blueeyedgirl in Cleveland, Texas

73 months ago

For what it's worth....
I was hired for the first Aer Lingus training class back in January and came to Atlas instead. It was a hard decision, but I have more time off here. I have a few friends that did go to Aer Lingus, but they are not happy......they are coming to the interview in July for the Atlas position.

Rumor has it that training will be the end of July. I can also tell you that there are more flights to come.

Best of luck!

73 months ago

@BaseBallMom~ Are there crew rests breaks on the trip? For how long? Seats or bunks? In the Tail? or Lower Lobe? Duty Free? Thanks for the info!

73 months ago

Crew rest both ways depending on flight time, at least 3 hrs at pursers discretion. There are 8 comfy bunk beds!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

how many FA's are on a flight?

Excited in Bend, Oregon

73 months ago

Hi! Can anyone tell us what it is like landing in Luanda! Atlas sounds like a Fabulous opportunity but I am so curious about the layover- hotel, etc....

73 months ago

There is a minimum of 14 flight attendants on every flight.

73 months ago

ok, im coming from a regional carrier, 14 FA's minimum on each flight, I thought per FAA there is 1 FA for every 50 paxs. Is that just regional rules, or for all airlines?

Excited in Bend, Oregon

73 months ago

14 Flight Attendants sounds great! To add to my question about the l/o does it seem safe there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bell in Austin, Texas

73 months ago

Im worreid if I do get the job I might not make it by the training start. does anyone know ehn exactly it may start?

Bell in Austin, Texas

73 months ago

*when*

73 months ago

i heard end of July?

Bell in Austin, Texas

73 months ago

Thanks! yes, thats all I know as well, I am hoping someone may know if it is the last few days or day before august. I have to finish a class and it may not be finished before July 31.

73 months ago

Blueeyed girl......thanks so much for your post...they have been so very helpful!! If you don't mind me asking, how are the accomadations in Luanda? Also....is there reserve days built into your line and are you only scheduled to fly 1 trip a week?? How was training?? Was it 4-5 weeks long?? Did you hold a line right out of training?? So very sorry to bombard you with all these questions just trying to make sure this will be a good fit!!

RB in Grapevine, Texas

73 months ago

Ramona in Carleton, Michigan said: I have to be the most indecisive person in the world. I keep going back and forth on this Atlas Airline opportunity, one side of me is like go for it...then I'm like no take the regional airline with the flight benefits. But I've done regional flying before and this Atlas deal just sounds like a new experience for me, that may take a while before it comes around again. For you guys or gals that are doing the Atlas flight please tells us what you dont like, what you do like, are you happy? I mean I know this is an open forum and anybody could be on here, well just tell me what you do like about the Atlas position...Please!!

Hi Ramona.
I don't really understand why it seems such a great opportunity for everyone here. I can tell for myself though. Africa doesn't sound like a great destination for me. I have friends among pilots and they highly recommended not to go there. I think Atlas won't start any new flights for a long time. Besides, Houston in summer doesn't sound like a great place to live because of the climate.
I talked to my husband and decided not to go for the interview at all. Good luck everyone!

rca in Mansfield, Ohio

73 months ago

If you pass training will the company fly you to IAH or your home? Will they fly you to base after they fly you to your home? How many full fare tickets can I expect to pay for after training?

rca in Mansfield, Ohio

73 months ago

rca in Mansfield, Ohio said: If you pass training will the company fly you to IAH or your home? Will they fly you to base after they fly you to your home? How many full fare tickets can I expect to pay for after training?

With respect, I am seeeking info to see if this is financially feasable for me.

73 months ago

i was told Atlas will fly you home after training..the you have like 4-5 days to move.

Jas in Stone Mountain, Georgia

73 months ago

I took the assessment on Tuesday> How long did it take to hear back from them?

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.