Atlas Air hiring FAs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 1752)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

DIAFACO in Denver, Colorado

52 months ago

There is many different people in the work force remember equal opportunity employer?? Why waste time with unprofessional types, just go out do your job be professional and enjoy the opportunity. Putting others down is childish behavior and below being an adult. Set an example for others in a positive manner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ramona in Crown Point, Indiana

52 months ago

LaSerb, nice to see there is actually someone on here that is on the inside and knows what they're talking about. I actually just did my phone interview with atlas and I didn't feel right asking her about the flight benefits...i wish I would've she was very nice!! So my question to you are there any flight benefits with this position...didnt realize that atlas is a third part in this....Thanks would appreciate any info!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FA Rae in Springfield Gardens, New York

52 months ago

nicegal in Pasadena, Texas said: I am a FA for Atlas/Global Inflight as well. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but this is truly the best job I think I ever had. The schedule is awesome and the pay is sufficient. So far there have been 3 training classes and I was told that there will be more -- that's how I know they're are still seeking to hire more FAs. There is no high turn around although, there have been less than a handful of people who quit mainly because they didn't want to move to Houston as required. Atlas is planning to have more private charters in the near future as well, along with the ones they already have, so this is why they want to hire more FAs.

As for our manager, Jay Lee, I think he is very nice, caring and professional. Whoever posted the comment about him being a snake seems to have something personal towards him. It's not cute or nice to talk about people like that? You wouldn't want someone blasting your name in a negative way on the internet so why do it to him, or anyone else for that matter?

For all of you who emailed your resumes, just be patient and pray that God will help you get this job if it's His will. I know they aren't necessarily looking for people who have previous FA experience -- just because you were a FA before doesn't mean you were a great FA. They are looking for people who have exceptional customer service skills and are confident that they can deliver exceptional customer service to the guests as they represent the company.

Once again, good luck to all of you!

Remember it's better to share positive energy, than to leave behind negativity.

thanks for the information, im a former fa with a regional airline and i emailed my resume about two weeks ago and still waiting on a response, usually how long does it take for them to respond? how much are the earnings and guaranteed hours at altlas? also do they hire out of state applicants?

RB in Brooklyn, New York

52 months ago

So I called back and it sounds like there will be interviews on the 7th and 8th of July.
They sent me link to their assessment after we talked.
Guys, if you are not willing to relocate don't waste your time.
Honestly I don't know what to do because I need a job but my family won't go to Houston.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

U cant commute with this company they have home and airport reserve. And u will be lucky if you make any money because seniority rules and they get first choice for schedules. However you do get the monthly guarantee and its not much I think it was only 65 hours a month, you might double check on that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Idea: You might ask them if they have any other bases planned for the near future...

RB in Brooklyn, New York

52 months ago

Diafaco,
i asked, they said no commuting.
Also I asked if they plan to fly to other countries besides Angola and Nigeria, they said no.
65 hrs is minimum. He said 120 hrs a month is possible.

North Carolina in Charlotte, North Carolina

52 months ago

LASerb in Houston, Texas said: Lol... All of this is funny. I'm one of the flight attendants for the Houston express. The operation is up and running just fine. We do the charters to Angola every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The company is very legit and is hoping to begin another FA training very soon. I finished my OE almost 2 weeks ago and I fly out tomorrow. I'm scheduled once a week for the whole month of July. We are actually doing a lot of "interesting" charters soon. I'll just throw this out there.... World Cup.
: )
hope that clears things up. Any other questions?

Can you please tell me how much the pay is per flight hour and how much per diem is.Averagely about how much do you think you can make a year with atlas

Ramona in Bristol, Indiana

52 months ago

Curious to anybody that may know are there any flight benefits?? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

AroundTheWorld in Massachusetts

52 months ago

North Carolina in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Can you please tell me how much the pay is per flight hour and how much per diem is.Averagely about how much do you think you can make a year with atlas

If you go back and read all the comments in this forum all the questions you ask will be answered. Hourly, guarantee, other airline travel benifits. Its all been answered....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nicegal in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

I will attempt to answer some of the questions you all have.

Q1. Are there flight benefits?
A1. No. There are no flight benefits. Atlas has no commercial flights- only cargo and international private charters. Usually airlines will agree to fly other FAs for exchange of their FAs being able to fly with the other company as well. Since Atlas doesn't have any commercial flights to offer other airlines, there is a slim chance that they'll have flight benefits. However, they did say that things could change in the future. They plan to work on getting flight benefits in the future, but I sense that it's not a priority for them right now.

Q2. What is the monthly minimum guarantee?
A2. 65 hours

Q3. What is the pay per flight hour and per diem?
A3. FAs earn $22 per flight hour plus $1.50 per hour away from base (Houston).

Q4. What do the schedules look like?
A4. For the most part, I see that everyone is scheduled a minimum of 3 flights a month. You can request more flights if you so desire. As for me, I'm comfortable with 3 flights a month - I only work 9 days a month and it's totally awesome!!! :)

Q5. Is there seniority when it comes to scheduled flights?
A5. No. There is no seniority. We have a bidding system where everyone bids for the days off they want for the following month. Crew scheduling tries to accommodate everyone's requests. If you get a flight on a day that you don't want, we have the option of trip trading if you're lucky enough to find someone to trade with you.

Q6. Will there be other flights to places other than Africa?
A6. Due to privacy and security reasons, these flights aren't revealed until they are scheduled to working crew.

Q7. Will Atlas have another base other than Houston?
A7. No. Unless something changes in the future, but there has been no talks about opening other bases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

nicegal in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

Q8. Will they hire out of state candidates?
A8. Yes. They will allow out of state FAs 60 days, which begins after training, to relocate to the Houston area.

Q9. Are there any reserves?
A9. Yes. There is home reserve which does not pay anything. There is airport reserve which pays only 2 hours.

Q10. Is there any way to make extra money?
A10. Yes. If you volunteer to work on days off and you get called in to work you get paid time and half.

Perks: The company pays for all the vaccinations, uniforms, shoes, luggage, and training.

I hope this information has helped. If you have more questions, just ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Good luck!

North Carolina in Charlotte, North Carolina

52 months ago

nicegal in Houston, Texas said: Q8. Will they hire out of state candidates?
A8. Yes. They will allow out of state FAs 60 days, which begins after training, to relocate to the Houston area.

A9. Yes. There is home reserve which does not pay anything. There is airport reserve which pays only 2 hours.

A10. Yes. If you volunteer to work on days off and you get called in to work you get paid time and half.

Perks: The company pays for all the vaccinations, uniforms, shoes, luggage, and training.

I hope this information has helped. If you have more questions, just ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for that information but if you can help me with one last question i will be glad,with your experience in Atlas if you do work a lot of hours, about how much do you think you can average a month.That is flight hours and per diem,just a ball park or average will help.Thanks

flyprincess in Los Angelas, California

52 months ago

Hey "nicegal in Houston, Texas"....When you post things like that on this website, you are not only telling your business but everyone else's. You are talking way to damn much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Passion4flying09 in New york, New York

52 months ago

Thank you nicegal in houston, youve been very helpful and these are things that will be revealed if you have the opportunity to work for them...Thanks again...

paulanthonydfw in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

nicegal in Pasadena, Texas said: I am a FA for Atlas/Global Inflight as well. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but this is truly the best job I think I ever had. The schedule is awesome and the pay is sufficient. So far there have been 3 training classes and I was told that there will be more -- that's how I know they're are still seeking to hire more FAs. There is no high turn around although, there have been less than a handful of people who quit mainly because they didn't want to move to Houston as required. Atlas is planning to have more private charters in the near future as well, along with the ones they already have, so this is why they want to hire more FAs.

As for our manager, Jay Lee, I think he is very nice, caring and professional. Whoever posted the comment about him being a snake seems to have something personal towards him. It's not cute or nice to talk about people like that? You wouldn't want someone blasting your name in a negative way on the internet so why do it to him, or anyone else for that matter?

For all of you who emailed your resumes, just be patient and pray that God will help you get this job if it's His will. I know they aren't necessarily looking for people who have previous FA experience -- just because you were a FA before doesn't mean you were a great FA. They are looking for people who have exceptional customer service skills and are confident that they can deliver exceptional customer service to the guests as they represent the company.

hey Nicegal,

I just applied..i hope they call me.I was a FA for AA..then got fuloughed in 2004 with the TWA people..I was hired AA and was there for 5 yrs..I love the sound of Atlas..we'll see.thanks for the info. :)

paulanthonydfw in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

But Ive been in Corporate Sales for Hilton Hotels Corp since 2004..I hope that helps my chances..heck! if you can work for Hilton..you can put up with anything.

52 months ago

nicegal in Houston, Texas said: Q8. Will they hire out of state candidates?

Good luck!

Those are not "perks" the company is suppose to do those things!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

I can tell that you have NO flight attendant experience because you have not clue what you are talking about! Maybe they are looking for people that are clueless because its easier to screw them over! :) If you had any idea how this business is suppose to operate you would tell these people who have a applied to run like hell!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Wingit in Denver, Colorado

52 months ago

I agree with this comment, let them find out for themselves. And that religious fanatic should keep her religious points of view to herself,,, goes to show ya. its not professional ! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

23HOU in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

Nicegal is liked by many, hated by few.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Long Island in Long Island, New York

52 months ago

Can someone out there (current F/A's) tell us if Angola is a safe place to layover? Just curious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RB in Denton, Texas

52 months ago

Did anyone else got calls about the next interviews? Looks like there will be a bunch next month.

Curious in Kansas City, Missouri

52 months ago

Thanks so much Nicegal for all the information. What is the percentage to pass tests? How many retakes? I had read they had a Miami base. Is this not a Flight Attendant base?

Thanks for your time.

52 months ago

Also Nicegal, it sounds like you get to fly to other places, not just Africa. Do you fly places other than Africa every month? Are these sports team, cruise charters, etc.? Do you get hazard pay when you fly to Africa?

How many days a month do you sit reserve? Do you ever come off reserve or are the reserve days built into everyone's schedule?

Hope you have time to answer all this.

52 months ago

RB in Denton, Texas said: Did anyone else got calls about the next interviews? Looks like there will be a bunch next month.

Hi RB. When did you apply?

RB

52 months ago

Hi Curious,
i applied on the 8th.

52 months ago

i gt called by human resources and i just completed the assessment test, i hope i passed! Does anyone know any information about the layover in angola, is it safe there, hows the hotel?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rdaven in Riverdale, Georgia

52 months ago

RB in Denton, Texas said: Did anyone else got calls about the next interviews? Looks like there will be a bunch next month.

i got a call today from Atlas, im waiting on an answer for either the 7th or 8th interview date in Houston. The phone interview was easy and the individual gave me tons of information pertaining to Atlas.

Ramona in Roseville, Michigan

52 months ago

you guys I have such a delimma two choices here. so I got accepted to chatauqua for training. also atlas has called me for an interview in july. My problem is which... I like chaq because of the flight benefits and atlas has no flight benefits. but atlas sounds like it's going to be a more prestigious operation, pay is more, it's in houston my hometown. but to africa only sounds like it would get boring...geez..somebody help me on this one!! even though I haven't interviewed with atlas yet I know this is going to be a tough decision in the end!!!

nessadipity in Sugar Land, Texas

52 months ago

WOW... A LOT has been happening in this forum. Havent' been here in awhile.

Just a quick overview.
I've actually interviewed with Atlas March, got through training and finished May, and now flying out on the line.

I've worked in the airline industry before and this cargo company is interesting - there's a lot going on and the company has just recently started in the private passenger charter service operations. So yes it is fairly new.

As for (Ramona in Rosville, Michigan)- I actually used to worked for Republic Airways DBA CHAUTAUQUA AIR, SHUTTLE AMERICA, REPUBLIC AIR- for 2 years-- And yes flying with this company is way different than flying for Republic Airways Inc. There are a few ups and a few downs.

You are right, Republic Airways Inc and it's subsidiaries offers flight benefits for its employees, through exs. Continental Air, Midwest, Frontier, United, American Air, Delta, and etc and Atlas does not provide any flight benefits at the moment.

For Atlas being private charter- flights are not open to the public, it's a small operation. The destinations as of now is Africa, (Luanda, Angola - 98 percent and the other 2 percent are other African places.)

That being said Republic Air, is a much larger operation that flies for mainlines as express flights. Flights consist of domestic and a little bit of international, if you consider Cabo as international. :D But still you get a few Mexico flights and depends on what subsidiary you are with for Republic Airways.

Here's one thing though if you want to fly with more destinations and have flight benefits and commercial -start with Republic Air, there is nothing wrong with that and if you want to be home every few days after a 3 day stint in Africa there's nothing wrong with that either.

I think you need to go to the interview with Atlas, and make a decision based on the info given to you from both companies in each interview session and just follow what you think is best for you.

52 months ago

Good luck in your decision. (Ramona in Michigan)

And good luck to those of you who are getting phone calls for a follow-up interview session.

Ramona in Elmhurst, Illinois

52 months ago

Nessadipity,thank you, thank you for responding with such a sound answer, you've flown with both, so you know what your talking about!! I am just so torn between the two...Atlas sounds like such an amazing experience, but the no flight benefits make me feel uneasy about the opportunity. But everything else sounds so awesome, the pay, the international flight, the lovely 747, Houston based fight attendant, just perfect but no flight benefits. I myself have flown regional too, I was with Skywest for about a year. Republic I know is really growing as a company and they look to be pretty solid in this business. I really dont know much about Chatauqua, that's the subsidiary that I got invited to training for. One more question to you Nessadipity, how do you like Atlas so far and are ID 90s even available to Atlas employees and do you know anything of Chaq. I can not thank you enough for that response, you don't know how much you are really helping me to clear my head..lol!!

Ramona in Elmhurst, Illinois

52 months ago

You know what, Nessadipity, lol Im reading your response again right now and you are so right i just need to go to the interview in Houston and make my decision from there!! Instead of stressing myself out, I just want to make the best decision for myself. I can't do 2..3 more trainings...idk i may have too in this rollercoaster of a business!!

52 months ago

For Ramona in Illinois (not Michigan...oops)

As for ID 90s being available-there is none.

For Chautauqua--- I did Chautauqua for a year and a half doing Continental Express, AA connection, and Delta Connection, (Basically I bounce around from base to base to experience the different kind of flying each express services under Chautauqua, before hopping to Shuttle America doing United Express. A lot has changed now since I left Republic Airways. (Well at least since they have bought out Midwest Air, and Frontier Airlines. Presently under Chautauqua, and in the base that is open for you to be in or transfer to you will be flying for either one to any combinations of these airlines: Continental Express, American Airlines Connection, Delta Connection, Midwest Airlines, and U.S. Airways Express. Under the base you are to be place in you will receive flight benefits to all or whoever operates on that base that you will be flying for. Jumpseat agreements, buddy passes, etc will be explain to you once and if you decide to train for Republic Air sub Chautauqua Airlines. (Again I'm sure policies and procedures has changed since I left.)

Also to better get help from someone inside Republic and to better explain how the company is doing I would suggest going to a Republic Air/Chautauqua forum located on this site also. I'm sure that would be more useful than me trying to retract my footsteps with Chautauqua and Shuttle America.

Again just stay calm. These decisions play themselves out and you'll know which one to go for.

Best of luck.

VIPFA in Kennesaw, Georgia

52 months ago

jetonnet in Houston, Texas said: Atlas air lost there contract after buying 4 brand new aircraft they are not going to fly lud they are only flying as cargo

Where did you get ur bad info from. My best friend is a flight attendant for them. They fly passengers duh

paulanthonydfw

52 months ago

The planes here at IAH have windows.and no cargo doors..We might need them to get people out of here if we get another hurricane..I applied too..If they contact me great if not oh well Im not stressing....

LZ in San Marcos, Texas

52 months ago

Hey, does anyone know if when we do get accepted to training after the July 8th interviews, will we be able to choose a later training date rather than the beginning of Ausgust, which Im guessing is when training will begin. I probably wont be able to go until mid august if anything. Thanks.

52 months ago

Ramona in Roseville, Michigan said: you guys I have such a delimma two choices here. so I got accepted to chatauqua for training. also atlas has called me for an interview in july. My problem is which... I like chaq because of the flight benefits and atlas has no flight benefits. but atlas sounds like it's going to be a more prestigious operation, pay is more, it's in houston my hometown. but to africa only sounds like it would get boring...geez..somebody help me on this one!! even though I haven't interviewed with atlas yet I know this is going to be a tough decision in the end!!!

i kinda feel the same way too, i got call from atlas and completed the assessment and also got an invite to ryan international open ouse next week...im still debating which one i should process with...decisions decisions!! then to top it off, im thinking about going to republic's open house on july 8th in ord, bc i see they have a ny lga base and i still want travel benefits! hopefully i come to a decision soon, because i need a job! good luck to u and hope all works out!

paulanthonydfw (The Woodlands, TX)

52 months ago

Oh come back to Houston..we are only supposed to have about 8-10 hurricanes in the gulf this season..and the oil slick is not suppsed to reach us until August..Chatq is a good airline..the flt benefits are good..

amill in Grayson, Georgia

52 months ago

oh okay I was just gonna ask if anyone else was called to interview with ATLAS FA RAE I Know what youre going through Im working at delta and waiting for inflight to open up but thats no guarantee theyll call me in to even interview yeah one destination humm. Um why do you think atlas pays more than chatq??? I was told only 65 guarantee hrs at ~21.00 !

52 months ago

flyprincess in Los Angelas, California said: I can tell that you have NO flight attendant experience because you have not clue what you are talking about! Maybe they are looking for people that are clueless because its easier to screw them over! :) If you had any idea how this business is suppose to operate you would tell these people who have a applied to run like hell!

Whats the deal with this comp?. Im thinkin of interviewin to get more info but I am @ delta and am trying to wait for inflight!

52 months ago

i was told by a delta flight attendant a few days ago, Delta is NOT hiring any fa's any time soon..

52 months ago

Well no memos have stated hiring fa's but ive heard otherwise .But it doesnt change the fact that im there already (DL) and it wont help me to leave the company .Cause if I wanna come back and wear a red dress which I will it wont look good then I'll probably never get in cause I'll look like an AIR WH00000RE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ramona in Kalamazoo, Michigan

52 months ago

Yeah the atlas gig sounds great and the money is good. It was like the perfect job for me, since I am from Houston, I had no problems moving back. But the no flight benefits is a deal breaker for me, I feel if I pay for my tik out of pocket with the extra money I make with Atlas I'll be just as broke. I think I'm going with the regional for now, I need my flight benefits, cause this fly girl loves being in the air for leisure just a little too much!! It was a very tough decision for me with atlas, cause it's everything that I wanted...beautiful 747plane, a high end customer, no up and down as HPN said like the regional, more money...but no freakin flight benefits...what a bomber! I was so disappointed cause it sounded really great to be at home in houston again, just perfect and then that!!

Addicted to Flying in Deltona, Florida

52 months ago

They called me on Thursday. I can not recall anything said and I forgot to ask, so let me get this straight, there are no discounts on other airlines to commute on? Usually they would offer discounts on other scheduled airlines...Need to know before I buy a tix to go to interview!

I am from IAH so that won't be a problem once I am there...

Ok I did the online assessment, what happens next? Is there a pass or fail?

52 months ago

after online assessemnet, i got a call for an interview on July 8th. I was told there is NO flight benefits, but that could change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Addicted to Flying in Deltona, Florida

52 months ago

Ok..just read previous posts on other pages...I got my answer for now. Sounds like old Pan Am days of Rio Rockets. JFK to GIG 12 hr flt time 9hr L/O when you got your room key. It is about making the most amount of money in a short amount of time...Too tired to sight see on 9 hours, and to be ready to fly back. Sounds like there it would be a awesome job if you have 'been there done that' and still have time off, especially 'to live and work in the same place.' That is the ultimate dream F/A job- Travel Benefits would make it dreamier =). Commuting is not exactly fun.

Do read the Bing. info on Atlas...they do have some safety issues with their older 747s. Just an FYI.. (I would still do it)

Come Fly With Me in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

Okay, I did the assessment in April? I got a call again on Wed., they have to see if they received my assessment and if I passed? I didn't know this was something you could fail? Isn't it personality profiling? Anyway, I am pulling my hair out I need a job!!!!! And, I already live in Houston.

car in Columbus, Ohio

52 months ago

Question : if chosen for training will transportation be provided to MIA? And will it be from IAH or will they provide from your current residence? Training is paid at a reduced rate...what is the reduction?

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.