Can males apply for a job as flight attendant?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

j_simon in Zanesville, Ohio

90 months ago

I fly all the time and I will say that I have only encountered two male flight attendants in the last four or five months. I will say that both were extremely personable and left a lasting impression. One of the two was for a cross country flight that was stuffy and turbulent, and his humor kept everyone else at ease. If you have the want for the job and the qualities they seek, then there's no reason why a job like that is out of the question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kay in Louisville, Colorado

88 months ago

reycca in Cagayan De Oro, Philippines said: Hi im just curious if males can apply for the job as a flight attendant for as we know this is a all-women-job. If given a chance i would really love to work as a flight attendant but i really need to be assured that I can apply for the job.

Companies cannot discriminate based on gender. If you are serious about this career, you'd better brush up on hiring trends and laws and not make ridiculous assumptions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

DanInDallas in Dallas, Texas

87 months ago

Southwest has a lot of male flight attendants. And I wonder where you got the impression that it was an all female job? Airlines have been hiring men for these positions for at least the past twenty years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ralph fhines in Sydney, Australia

85 months ago

Can gay people apply for the jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

ATL FA in Marietta, Georgia

85 months ago

Do you mean that in Australia gays can only have certain jobs? Like what? I don't think many people in the US care one way or the other if you are qualified for the job? This was an odd question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FA in Marietta, Georgia

84 months ago

this might be a female job in the Philipines but NOT ANYPLACE else i can think of. why on earth do people think fa's are all female? we have many female pilots and first officers as well as men. sometimes you have an all male crew and sometimes an all girl crew.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FA in Marietta, Georgia

84 months ago

i have no idea what the laws are in sydney but in the US it makes no difference when hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

duc in Hanoi, Vietnam

75 months ago

hello, i want to become flight attendant too. i am male, 21. who may help me ? i am realy like this job so much.
thank you in advance. email :mflightattendant@yahoo.com
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Hussain in Male, Maldives

53 months ago

umm..i have seen some male attendants bt realy what inspired me was a japanese Series "attention please" in which we say what the attendents go through during there fly...realy want to be one..bt i am in maldives and for qualifications i dont have much..and the most ambarrasing thing..i dont know how to swim...any advices??? realy need help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hussain in Male, Maldives

53 months ago

umm..i have seen some male attendants bt realy what inspired me was a japanese Series "attention please" in which we see what the attendents go through during there fly...realy want to be one..bt i am in maldives and for qualifications i dont have much..and the most ambarrasing thing..i dont know how to swim...any advices??? realy need help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Xtian in Cebu, Philippines

52 months ago

Hussain in Male, Maldives said: umm..i have seen some male attendants bt realy what inspired me was a japanese Series "attention please" in which we say what the attendents go through during there fly...realy want to be one..bt i am in maldives and for qualifications i dont have much..and the most ambarrasing thing..i dont know how to swim...any advices??? realy need help

Swimming is an easy sport you can learn in a few months time. If you really want to become an FA,practice swimming everyday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

laochungeng in Phnum Pénh, Cambodia

38 months ago

Hello I'm 15 years old.I'm come from Cambodia.I write this comment because in the future I want to be a male flight attendant,can I ?and how old can we do this job?can u help me find out this answer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ashlee in Cincinnati, Ohio

31 months ago

Southwest airlines was in a lawsuit in the 80's for gender Discrimination in the US. They have MANY males FA's due to the lawsuit and have completely revamped their moto.. it used to be all about Love and Sex appeal allowing only Females to be FA's and ticket agents because of their primarily male business men passengers... So to answer your question, now that it is 2012, yes Southwest and all other airlines do follow title VII of the civil rights acts of 1963.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ish in Adelaide, Australia

20 months ago

laochungeng in Phnum Pénh, Cambodia said: Hello I'm 15 years old.I'm come from Cambodia.I write this comment because in the future I want to be a male flight attendant ,can I ?and how old can we do this job?can u help me find out this answer?

yes u have to be 18 years old to get the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.