Continental Airlines Flight Attendant Group Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 6449)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Krystal in Saint Louis, Missouri

77 months ago

De, I applied back in the middle of October and JUST NOW recieved an email saying that my application had bee forwarded to the recruiting department. (I was certain that they must have hated me and shredded my resume!) I imagine that major carrier probably get hundreds, if not thousands of FA applications so it can take awhile for them to get to yours.......or, maybe they have just now started hiring for the next training class and you might hear from them tomorrow!

On a flight back from St. Paul a couple of weeks ago, I chatted up a Pilot as we were walking down the concourse and he told me that many recruiters tend to not do many interviews this time of year because of the holidays (they don't want to fly all over creation doing interviews during the busiest travel season) and that interviews tend to come back in full force after the beginning of the year. (He was a really nice guy, btw!)

That was reassuring for someone who had applied several places and hadn't received any responses!

So, keep this in mind if you have applied to many airlines in the past few weeks and haven't heard anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

malti in HHI, South Carolina

77 months ago

Spike: I was a flight attendant with CO years ago. You are correct... LISTEN and FOLLOW their directions. Be yourself... meaning friendly... training with CO is fun! The instructors make it fun and they want everyone to pass. Really, they are very nice people in the training program with CO. STUDY. I will say to everyone who wants to be an FA. You need to make training all you think about. Study in groups and HELP your classmates. Last and probably most important: Continental does not stand for gossip or rumors during their training class. If you hear a rumor... don't make a comment on it nor talk gossip. That is the way to be removed from training. CO plants gossip and rumors to see who bites the bait and who removes themself from it. Be smart and remember that training is only a middle step... you need to get your wings! Good luck to everyone... CO is a great company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Hey_no_tan_lines in Round Rock, Texas

77 months ago

<b><big>
well I am going to training in March and I thank you for the advise. I would not be apart of that anyways it is not my nature to gossip

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Rochelle in Florence, Alabama

77 months ago

Hey! I am going to Houston for my interview this Friday and need to know what I need to bring with me other than plenty of copies of my resume...Can anyone help me out??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

malti in HHI, South Carolina

77 months ago

Not sure, but this is what I had to bring:
Orginal SS card
Orginal Birth cert.
Orginal license
Passport
3 copies of all above.
1 copy of High school Dep. or GED

3 copies of resume.
1 extra for yourself to use when you fill out the paper app. It makes it easier to fill in dates and contact numbers. The other 3 resumes will not be returned to you.

( bottle of water and powerbar. Its a long day and you will need to keep up your energy.)

Good luck with Continental. They all are very professional and friendly over there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Seattle, Washington

77 months ago

Hey there,

I just came across this WONDERFUL site, and was hoping to have a couple questions of my own answered...? Does anyone know the process for Alaska Airlines Panel Interview? Our interview process was a little different this time, since there were over 300 applicants it took longer than normal to "break the list" down, therefore we have interview on three different days (Day One: Group, Day Two: One on Ones and Day Three (Tomorrow): Panel). Anyways, like I said my panel interview is tomorrow and I was just curious to know if anyone had any helpful tips, hints or suggestions for a hopeful future flight attendant?! Thanks in advance!

L

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Annie

77 months ago

Thanks everyone for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

C in Fort Worth, Texas

76 months ago

Are they still hiring? I applied yesterday but I am wondering if they are still actually taking applicants?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Terrence in Montclair, New Jersey

76 months ago

Nancy,

Continental Airlines has 3 hubs (Houston TX, Newark NJ and Cleveland OH). You will have to move to one of those 3 cities. The company will decided your base taking into account comapany's needs. It takes about 1-2 months before they email you regarding your resume. You will get an email stating they would like to interview you along with further instructions if you are what they're looking for. Interviews are usually held in Houston TX and Newark NJ. They will fly you for free to any of those airports if needed.
Training is always done in Houston, TX for about 5 weeks. The starting salary is $18/hour + certain bonuses. Training is unpaid; however you will get $20/day for dinner expenses. Hotel room, breakfast and lunch are provided to you by Continental Airlines. You will share the room with another trainee. Check Continental Airline's website for further information (www.continental.com). I believe Continental is the best arline to work for right now. Benefits, perks, pay scale and bonuses are far better than other airlines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa

76 months ago

Terrence in Montclair, New Jersey said: Nancy,

Continental Airlines has 3 hubs (Houston TX, Newark NJ and Cleveland OH). You will have to move to one of those 3 cities. The company will decided your base taking into account comapany's needs. It takes about 1-2 months before they email you regarding your resume. You will get an email stating they would like to interview you along with further instructions if you are what they're looking for. Interviews are usually held in Houston TX and Newark NJ. They will fly you for free to any of those airports if needed.
Training is always done in Houston, TX for about 5 weeks. The starting salary is $18/hour + certain bonuses. Training is unpaid; however you will get $20/day for dinner expenses. Hotel room, breakfast and lunch are provided to you by Continental Airlines. You will share the room with another trainee. Check Continental Airline's website for further information ( www.continental.com ). I believe Continental is the best arline to work for right now. Benefits, perks, pay scale and bonuses are far better than other airlines.

Do you know how long is the reserve status with Continental?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MattATL in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

I'm not sure about reserve time, but I have heard that EWR is the most junior base right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brooklyn flygirl in Brooklyn, New York

76 months ago

I interviewed with continental and from what I understand FAs are on reserve forever...I met one on reserve over 11 years...and you are on reserve for 21 days....I believe 11 days you know that you are scheduled to fly but the other 10 you are on reserve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

How hard is it to commute while on reserve with CAL?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nancymustfly in Montgomery, Alabama

76 months ago

I just don't understand how you live on this pay. Being used to 40 hours a week and knowing what I will bring home is one thing, but I can't understand how one knows what to expect. Also, I suppose having a roomate forever is very likely, right?
One other question....so how are you suppose to "pay you bill"s with know income during your training period. Life does go on. Talk to me, I am trying to make some big discussions here!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Continental has a minimum pay of I think it's 93 hrs per month. So if you fly less, you will still get that.
My FA friend went to training and worked many overtime hours to save $ to pay her bills during training. Delta pays for training and pays for uniforms too. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Thanks for the quick reply. I have never been assoicated with a job that did not pay you during training. I work for a utility and was in extensive training and was paid well and given a raise after coming out of training....I am still doing that job....customer service in a call center...10 years!!!!!! I have tons of questions and really want to make the right decision, but this is something I have always wanted to do. Are you an FA, how long and what is the best and worst thing about the job? And tell me about the training? Is it tough to get through??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Well, I applied in the beginning of October, did all of the phone interviews and the on-line assessment early November. Had the fact-to-face interview at the end of November, was told then and there I had a prelim offer based on the outcome of my background check, language test and training. I am still waiting to see when I start. It's nerve racking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jenna in Eatontown, New Jersey

76 months ago

i am presently applying to a few airlines. i heard that continental is a great airline to work for. what is the procedure i need to go thru for getting an interview? is there a site online? a job fair? open houses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

William Twomey in Katy, Texas

76 months ago

Does Continental's Have a recruiting office Phone Number?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Does anyone know how Continental conducts their language qualification tests?
Is it like Delta where you call a number and have a conversation with a native speaker?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FamilyFlyer in Tacoma, Washington

76 months ago

I have a job interview with Continental, but I have also been hired as a Flight Attendant with Alaska Airlines, which airlines is better? HELP! I have to make my decision by the 17th of Jan.

76 months ago

Alaska Airlines.....where are they based out of?? And where do they fly?

WeighingMyOptions in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

FamilyFlyer in Tacoma, Did Alaska happen to say which bases they are hiring for?

Thanks!

76 months ago

WeighingMyOptions, they didn't say for sure. They're going to inform us during the first week of training of which base we are going to, but my guess is Anchorage.

Are you looking into Alaska? Do you know anything about Continental?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

nancymustfly in Montgomery, Alabama said: Alaska Airlines.....where are they based out of?? And where do they fly?

Anchorage, Alaska (most junior base)
Seattle, Washington (most senior base)
Los Angeles, California

They fly mainly on the west coast through out Canada, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii, and California. A couple flights to the east coast; like Fl, NJ, etc. Take a look at the website for a better idea.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Thanks for the link. I checked it out and yes.. it was quite entertaining to say the least. As for the spacesuit from REI, I have mine on order. Periodically, I like to check the latest news, weather and festivities in Anchorage, just the other day it was a whopping 15 degrees. One perk about being in Anchorage during the winter is you'll never have to worry about oversleeping and missing the sunrise since sunrise is at 11 o'clock in the morning! Perk number 2 is you'll only have to wait a couple hours to catch the sunset at 4:30 pm! Crazy! Anyhow, I hope to be based out of WA, (I am from there) however I'll be in the air or traveling most of the time, so really home is where I make it. :) Good luck with the interview. I have only heard great things about Alaska. If you need any help or have any questions let me know. See you in the air.

FamilyFlyer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Spike, Do you have any personal or professional experience regarding Continental or Alaska to which airline is better? Any pros and cons? Thanks for your help in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

POSH in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

FamilyFlyer in Tacoma, Washington said: Anchorage, Alaska (most junior base)
Seattle, Washington (most senior base)
Los Angeles, California

Hi FamilyFlyer,

I am starting training with Alaska next week. When I interviewed with them in October, they told us that all 300 F/As that would be hired in 2008 will be going to Anchorage and to plan on being there for at least a year. Did they tell you that? I really hope they're just sorta saying that, you know...be prepared for the worse. What do you think? I cannot even fathom moving to Anchorage in February!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

WeighingMyOptions in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Hmmm, errr, yikes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Andi in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

I got hired for training with Continental starting in May, anyone else starting training soon? Does anyone know what we have to wear during training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

What is the best way to persue a career as a Flight Attendant? Where do I start? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kai kai in Laie, Hawaii

76 months ago

did anyone do the group interview recently for continental?
i was wondering how the process went or is it still the same as spike's experience?
what shell i look for?
is people's weight a real big factor when becoming a flight attendant?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Andi in Dallas, Texas said: I got hired for training with Continental starting in May, anyone else starting training soon? Does anyone know what we have to wear during training?

Andi, I have an interview for Continental, and if hired I will be in the May Class as well!

As for what to wear during training, I have also been hired for Alaska and they told us during training it is advise to wear business casual (collar shirt and black pants), but be sure to wear a suit the first day, since you'll more than likely meet all the head honchos! Good luck with Training!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

POSH in Los Angeles, California said:

CONGRATS POSH! You start training next week?! How Fun and Good Luck! My class begins Feb 11, 2008. As for EVERYONE going to Anchorage, I am not sure. I speak Spanish, therefore I may be stationed in LA, yet since I am not a native speaker and haven't taken the test; I can only assume that I will be placed amongst the others in Anchorage.

ALTHOUGH, to answer your question, they did say prepare for the worse! :/ And yes, You have about 6 months to a year on reserve while stationed in Anchorage. Now, if you chose to transfer, you'll lose your seniority and go right back to reserve. I haven't decided which is better, live in Anchorage and hold a guaranteed line or live elsewhere, yet be on reserve...

Quick question for you. Since you'll basically be moving directly after training, what are you packing for the long move? talk to you soon

FF in WA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Attention all CURRENT flight Attendants:

Can anyone provide me with some (any) insight regarding what I should pack, or how I should begin looking for housing in my base location? I know you will meet other individuals in your class, any they will become your roommates, but should we look into furnished apartments? Apartments close to the airport, Should I pack personal items or leave them home? Pack light, only bring the "necessities". Thanks in advanced!

FF in WA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Jamie in Houston, Texas said: What is the best way to persue a career as a Flight Attendant? Where do I start? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie:

Start by researching the airlines (go to their websites and read, read, read(history, etc)). also, something that helped me was going to the local library and looking in the references section for any flight attendant books. be sure to look around on the internet "keyword" flight attendants tips/hiring/lifestyle, etc. This is a great website also, check it out www.flightattendantcareer.com.

Now, I am not too terribly experienced in the process, since I only interviewed with Alaska, and was hired on my first attempt. However, I know this, BE PREPARED! The life of a flight attendant isn't glam and glory, its hard work! Dress professionally! Read Spike's statements above, he is very right. If you have any additional questions ALWAYS ask!

Good Luck!

KAI KAI: Weight and height are observed. They no longer have weight requirements, but its is necessary to be able to move fluently around the plane, etc.

FF in WA

Andi in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

FamilyFlyer in Tacoma, Washington said: Andi, I have an interview for Continental, and if hired I will be in the May Class as well!

As for what to wear during training, I have also been hired for Alaska and they told us during training it is advise to wear business casual (collar shirt and black pants), but be sure to wear a suit the first day, since you'll more than likely meet all the head honchos! Good luck with Training!

Good Luck FamilyFlyer with your Continental interview, hopefully we'll see eachother in training. I think I'm going to have to buy some new clothes for training, right now I don't really have to dress business casual for my job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

De in Israel

76 months ago

Hi,

I would like to apply for Delta and Continental Airlines, but from what i have read and checked out the airlines official web site, i have to be resined in the USA(meaning have2have an American add.), and corrently i am not in the states. And i understand i will have to relocate if i would like to be a flight attendant, and i am willing to do so,after i get hiried.
So those any ony one know how can i apply for the Airlines, with out having an American adress? Or what should i do, or who i should conttact regarding that issue.

Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

De in Israel said: Hi,

I would like to apply for Delta and Continental Airlines, but from what i have read and checked out the airlines official web site, i have to be resined in the USA(meaning have2have an American add.), and corrently i am not in the states. And i understand i will have to relocate if i would like to be a flight attendant, and i am willing to do so,after i get hiried.
So those any ony one know how can i apply for the Airlines, with out having an American adress? Or what should i do, or who i should conttact regarding that issue.

Thanks in advance.

Shalom De!
Ani gam rotzeh Delta!!

You will need a US work visa.
I am not sure exactly how obtaining one works.

Meyin at b'aretz?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Does anyone know when the next classes are scheduled?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Orlando, Florida

76 months ago

MattATL in Atlanta, Georgia said: Shalom De!
Ani gam rotzeh Delta!!

Meyin at b'aretz?

In order to be employed in the USA you would have to have the necessary documentation. The uscis.gov would be a good resource on how to obtain work authorization. This will not be easy since 9/11. You do have good airlines like the Emirates Airlines and Egypt Air that you could also try.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

MissSunshine in Seattle, Washington said: I got hired with Alaska and wasn't told that EVERYONE would go to Alaska. I realy don't want to go, but I will =)

what training class will you be attending?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

De in Ramat Gan, Israel

76 months ago

MattATL in Atlanta, Georgia said: Shalom De!
Ani gam rotzeh Delta!!

Meyin at b'aretz?

Well, i am an American citizen, have an American passport and sociall security card, I am not in the states at this moment, so all i wanted to know is it away i can apply for the position someother kind of way, since i don't have an American address, i have the address where i'm located at and thats not in the states.
Or should i just put one of my relatives address on the web site(the officiall web site of the airlines) so i can apply for the flight attendant job

what do yall think?

76 months ago

De in Ramat Gan, Israel said: Well, i am an American citizen, have an American passport and sociall security card, I am not in the states at this moment, so all i wanted to know is it away i can apply for the position someother kind of way, since i don't have an American address, i have the address where i'm located at and thats not in the states.
Or should i just put one of my relatives address on the web site(the officiall web site of the airlines) so i can apply for the flight attendant job

what do yall think?

I know with UAL you have to verefy all your addresses for the past 10 years, uless you say that you've moved to that location within past couple of months. But please don't quote me on that.

76 months ago

POSH:

Oh fun! How are you liking Seattle? I live in a city called Federal Way, which is just 20+/- minutes [south] away. If you don't mind me asking, what did you decide to bring? My dad and I have a running list of wants and needs, yet I am not really sure if I want to bring anything...maybe just enough to get by; once I have a better idea, I'll just fly home [if I am other than Seattle] and pick up somethings. ;)

Anyways, I'd LOOOOOOOVE to hear about training, though I know you will be extremely busy I'd appreciate the "heads up"! Thanks in advance.

Good Luck with Training!

Laura

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MissSunshine in Seattle, Washington

76 months ago

FamilyFlyer in Tacoma, Washington said: what training class will you be attending?

Hi! I'll be in the 3/17 class. I have a ways to wait. How about yourself?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shanester in Hickory, North Carolina

76 months ago

Hi MissSunshine I noticed you are hired with Alaska did you do the group interview here in Seattle? I have flown in today for the group interview tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

POSH in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Family Flyer,

Sorry for my late response, I've been very busy packing for training. Today was our first day, and it's been lots of fun and pretty informative.

As for base assignments, they announced that at least for our training group, all three bases are open for us to go to. But of course, we will be bidding by seniority, and we won't know for a week. So it turns out we're Not all going to Anchorage :)

That's exciting Posh!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Shanester in Hickory, North Carolina said: Hi MissSunshine I noticed you are hired with Alaska did you do the group interview here in Seattle? I have flown in today for the group interview tomorrow.

Actually, I went to the Portland interview and had the 3rd interview in Seattle. Any questions I could answer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shanester in Hickory, North Carolina

76 months ago

What is it like in the first round? Do they just do group interviews and then select people to come back for an interview?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.