Continental Airlines Flight Attendant Group Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5701 to 5750 of 6447)
Page:  « First « Previous   112  113  114  115  116  117  118  Next »   Last »

LAX in los angeles, California

44 months ago

@HighHopes & Pixie,
Sorry to read about the outcome of your interviews. Many ppl apply couple times before they make it.

Please both of be more specific and little more detail about your interview experience since it won't hurt anything at this point but in fact it will help the rest of to be aware. For example you both mentioned your recruiter and "Pixie" you say you already had an impression about your recruiter so could you tell us who was your recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gk in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

Sky flyer in San Jose, California said: Congrats on getting an interview. How long ago did u apply? I applied last month, hope to hear from the soon. Are you a FA with sw?

Thanks! I applied in March and got my invite this past Friday. Yes. I'm a FA with SW. A lot of folks are jumping ship because of the merger with AT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gk in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

HighHopes in Riverdale, Georgia said: I just came from my interview yesterday and is like to know if your interviewer said "you will hear from us in a week" is it a possibility to be offered a spot in training?

They are interviewing people all week until Friday.

I was thinking since they have hundreds of people to interview this week and going early in the week I think it is a possibility to be called back once they meet the rest of those being interviewed.

I try not to be negative because I was myself 100% not overly desperate, all smiles as I always am, answered everything asked, had some laughs and all.

Therefore I will take in consideration posts previously posted saying if you weren't offered training on the spot you don't got it but I also will take in consideration the day I went knowing there are two days left of interviewing so it is still a possibility.

I will wait for that call or email from now until next week. Since they are seeking flight attendants for the October training classes if I don't hear back from someone by next week I know then for a fact I didn't get the training offer.

I AK trying to be more positive than negative so I will remained excited until next week after that I will be upset.

Good day everybody.

A really good friend of mine also interviewed yesterday. She told me after her third interview, the interviewer gave her a card saying something like; don't respond to this card...we would like to invite you to our next training class...leave the building and call this number; this happen to any one else?

tampabayrays in Hanover Park, Illinois

44 months ago

can you tell me gk in houston if southwest will be hiring any new flight attendants soon? I would love to have your job if you dont want it anymore ha. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this company. I was surprised you would want to leave. Can you tell me if they have a f/a base in chicago or tampa? Thanks

gk in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

tampabayrays in Hanover Park, Illinois said: can you tell me gk in houston if southwest will be hiring any new flight attendants soon? I would love to have your job if you dont want it anymore ha. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this company. I was surprised you would want to leave. Can you tell me if they have a f/a base in chicago or tampa? Thanks

Yes. At the first of the year but they started last Jan. But when SW hire FAs the link is only open for about 10 may 15 mins because of the number of people applying and it's opens about 6:30am. When SW merged with Airtran, they toke over their routes...domestic and international... and bought 22 new airplanes that sit 4 FAs. After the merger seniority, bidding, reserves and base transfers got all screwed up. I'm based in Chi and have been trying to get Hou for about 7 yrs. There are senior girl in Hou and Dal that haven't flown in over 20 yrs (ABSOLUTELY NO LIE) but they won't retire keeping transfers 1 or 2 people per quarter. There are bases at Hou Hobby, Dal Love, Phx, Oakland, Vegas, Chi Midway, Baltomore, Tampa and the newest in ATL. Also because ATL was origally Airtran, SW FAs had to give up 2yrs of seniority to get that base.

ready2fly in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

gk in Houston, Texas said: Yes. At the first of the year but they started last Jan. But when SW hire FAs the link is only open for about 10 may 15 mins because of the number of people applying and it's opens about 6:30am. When SW merged with Airtran, they toke over their routes...domestic and international... and bought 22 new airplanes that sit 4 FAs. After the merger seniority, bidding, reserves and base transfers got all screwed up. I'm based in Chi and have been trying to get Hou for about 7 yrs. There are senior girl in Hou and Dal that haven't flown in over 20 yrs (ABSOLUTELY NO LIE) but they won't retire keeping transfers 1 or 2 people per quarter. There are bases at Hou Hobby, Dal Love, Phx, Oakland, Vegas, Chi Midway, Baltomore, Tampa and the newest in ATL. Also because ATL was origally Airtran, SW FAs had to give up 2yrs of seniority to get that base.

So how do you find out when the window is open? Just pure luck? :/

gk in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

luck or know someone that works there...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tampabayrays in Glen Ellyn, Illinois

44 months ago

gk houston thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Do you mean the application will be up in jan 2013 or that is when the class is scheduled? I do check the site everyday but in the evening. I guess I will have to check before I go to work in the morning. Thanks for the heads up. Do you have to move to a base they assign you or have a choice. What is the most junior base? Good luck to you on your united interview. I am sure you have a great shot with all your experience.

Astrid in Kissimmee, Florida

44 months ago

Hi, Anybody want to share a room for a night? I interview the 9th!

gk in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

tampabayrays in Glen Ellyn, Illinois said: gk houston thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Do you mean the application will be up in jan 2013 or that is when the class is scheduled? I do check the site everyday but in the evening. I guess I will have to check before I go to work in the morning. Thanks for the heads up. Do you have to move to a base they assign you or have a choice. What is the most junior base? Good luck to you on your united interview. I am sure you have a great shot with all your experience.

No...Their building a international terminal at Hou Hobby and the goal is to hire 1500 FAs by the time it opens early 2015. There has been a class every few months since last Jan. Each class has about 50 60 people but a few wash out. The most Jr bases are Chicago, Oakland and Baltimore. You don't have to move, just be there to check in 1 hr before your trip starts. In training they ask you to rank your base preference 1 to 7. But just know Jr FAs go to JR bases but you can apply to transfer after probation. I live in Hou but i commute to Chicago. I have a crash pad near the airport. I usually work 10 - 14 days and fly back home for 3 or 4. But what i have been doing is giving my trips away in Chi and picking up trips in Hou. Some months giving away is harder than others. Especially in the winter.

gk in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

We get a e-m a few days before they open the link to let friends know to apply...I'll make a post the next time I hear something

tampabayrays in Saint Charles, Illinois

43 months ago

Thanks gk in houston for taking the time to write a response. 1500 flight attendants sounds like a lot but I bet they get close to 10,000 applications. Back in 2006 they did invite me to a interview but I was not able to attend due to a illness. I sure am hoping I can get a invite to a interview again. Do you think the interview process will happen in chicago? Thanks again.

fadreams in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

Is there anyone who interviewed already that only interviewed with one recruiter and was told youll hear in a week and got hired?

Pixie in Loganville, Georgia

43 months ago

LAX in los angeles, California said: @HighHopes & Pixie,
Sorry to read about the outcome of your interviews. Many ppl apply couple times before they make it.

Please both of be more specific and little more detail about your interview experience since it won't hurt anything at this point but in fact it will help the rest of to be aware. For example you both mentioned your recruiter and "Pixie" you say you already had an impression about your recruiter so could you tell us who was your recruiter?

Others before me posted about this recruiter who is not nice and cold to applicants. I know it wasn't me and it was him..he didn't leave me with a good impression and I left feeling like he enjoys cutting people who are well qualified and doesn't give anyone a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Travel Beetle in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

gk in Houston, Texas said: Thanks! I applied in March and got my invite this past Friday. Yes. I'm a FA with SW. A lot of folks are jumping ship because of the merger with AT.

Why are they leaving? What is wrong with the merger?

HighHopes in Atlanta, Georgia

43 months ago

Pixie in Calabash, North Carolina said: Who did your interview? My recruiter confused me and at the end he seemed as if he was unsure what he wanted me to do or what to say to me, all he said was go to the airport an change my flight. I knew his reputation going into the interview and he lived up to what I heard and read. 5 people were offered a job that day

Mine recruiter was all smiles since all the recruiters were at the back table. When he called all of his interviewees before and I'm sure after me he was all smiles he was patient he was very nice and said "you did great, you will receive an email from us next week"
Honestly although I was smiling all the way home I said to myself, if I did so great why was I not chosen at least to make it to the second interview?!?
I'm stuck on everyone's theory "if you do not do multiple interviews the first day your email will be a sorry but thanks" email

I will stay positive until I get that email....I only read that one person received a return back email out of all of the posts on many of these forums. Sucks but it gives me hope.

cortez in Warrenville, Illinois

43 months ago

From what others have said there are 3 rounds of interviews they put you through. The group one, panel and one one one. Did you get thru all 3?

gk in Houston, Texas

43 months ago

tampabayrays in Saint Charles, Illinois said: Thanks gk in houston for taking the time to write a response. 1500 flight attendants sounds like a lot but I bet they get close to 10,000 applications. Back in 2006 they did invite me to a interview but I was not able to attend due to a illness. I sure am hoping I can get a invite to a interview again. Do you think the interview process will happen in chicago? Thanks again.

Most always Dallas

tampabayrays in Bloomingdale, Illinois

43 months ago

do they fly you there or are you on your own for getting there?

Niuniu in Rockwall, Texas

43 months ago

tampabayrays in Bloomingdale, Illinois said: do they fly you there or are you on your own for getting there?[/

They will send you an email with all the information of flight ticket for you interview.

DD in PDX in Portland, Oregon

43 months ago

HighHopes in Atlanta, Georgia said: Mine recruiter was all smiles since all the recruiters were at the back table. When he called all of his interviewees before and I'm sure after me he was all smiles he was patient he was very nice and said "you did great, you will receive an email from us next week"
Honestly although I was smiling all the way home I said to myself, if I did so great why was I not chosen at least to make it to the second interview?!?
I'm stuck on everyone's theory "if you do not do multiple interviews the first day your email will be a sorry but thanks" email

I will stay positive until I get that email....I only read that one person received a return back email out of all of the posts on many of these forums. Sucks but it gives me hope.

I had a perfect interview with all the right answers, suit, hair up all smiles but got the "You'll recieve an email in 5-7days" I think it's like winning the lottery if its your lucky day you'll get chosen to go to training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pixie in Calabash, North Carolina

43 months ago

HighHopes in Atlanta, Georgia said: Mine recruiter was all smiles since all the recruiters were at the back table. When he called all of his interviewees before and I'm sure after me he was all smiles he was patient he was very nice and said "you did great, you will receive an email from us next week"

I and others received our thanks but no thanks emails one week after our interview date. They do make offers to people the day of interviews very discreetly, but you must make it thru all 3 interviews.

ready2fly in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

So for those of you who applied before the 08/27/12 hiring posting can anyone tell me if they received an email that the app was being reviewed but then never got invited to interview? I applied on 08/27 and got the email today that the app was being reviewed but I'm nervous I won't get an interview :/

positivethinking1 in Los angeles, California

43 months ago

Your lucky you heard so soon because it usually takes 6 months to hear anythning. Since they told you it's being forwarded you should hear in 1 week with a second email. That's how it went for
me :) Good Luck to You!

ready2fly in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

positivethinking1 in Los angeles, California said: Your lucky you heard so soon because it usually takes 6 months to hear anythning. Since they told you it's being forwarded you should hear in 1 week with a second email. That's how it went for
me :) Good Luck to You!

Thanks :) some people received the invite email right after the first so I'm a little nervous. Not sure how they do it but hoping for the best :)

Purser in Vancouver, Washington

43 months ago

Are they still accepting applications and if so, where can you access the posting?

Flt Ops in California

43 months ago

Purser in Vancouver, Washington said: Are they still accepting applications and if so, where can you access the posting?

Please join the NEW forum (Continental United Flight Attendant Hiring Posted August 27 / 2012)

The recent FA posting was open from 8/27/2012 for 3 weeks and closed last week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kristensullivan in Sandy, Utah

43 months ago

tampabayrays in Glen Ellyn, Illinois said: gk houston thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Do you mean the application will be up in jan 2013 or that is when the class is scheduled? I do check the site everyday but in the evening . I guess I will have to check before I go to work in the morning. Thanks for the heads up. Do you have to move to a base they assign you or have a choice. What is the most junior base? Good luck to you on your united interview. I am sure you have a great shot with all your experience.

You can subscribe to an email update on the site that will email you when the job becomes available. That way you can just check your email. Hope that helps. My BF is a captain at SW and has no pulls to the hiring side as SW has given the recruiting to a whole entire different company.

tampabayrays in Des Plaines, Illinois

43 months ago

Thanks Kristen for the info. I will go on the SW site now to look for it. Are you a F/A?

summerfun in Scottsdale, Arizona

43 months ago

I am flying in on Oct 8 and interview on Oct 9 and am would love to meet some other soon to be FA's going for the interview or to share a room. Email me summerfun99@gmail.com
Im happy to go to any base and excited to be selected for the interview and to meet so many new people!

Flt Ops in California

43 months ago

summerfun in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I am flying in on Oct 8 and interview on Oct 9 and am would love to meet some other soon to be FA's going for the interview or to share a room. Email me summerfun99@gmail.com
Im happy to go to any base and excited to be selected for the interview and to meet so many new people!

Congratulations and Good Luck with your interview. Please keep us updated after your interview.

When did you originally apply???

astridotero in orlando, Florida

43 months ago

summerfun in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I am flying in on Oct 8 and interview on Oct 9 and am would love to meet some other soon to be FA's going for the interview or to share a room. Email me summerfun99@gmail.com

hi, I'm flying in on oct 8 too and interview on oct 9.I already reserve my room on the airport area and I looking to share the room. I will email you.Thanks.

Flylikeab6 in Middletown, New York

43 months ago

When I look at the status of the application it says 'open' is that normal?
I'd expect it to say under review or something. I missed my interview because of a death in the family in June. I really hope to get another opportunity.

39000 feet in Manhattan Beach, California

43 months ago

Wassup Guys,

I'm a flight attendant for United 17 years now and I was reading some of your posts and couldn't help but join in. I didn't even know United was even hiring. I'm so glad to hear this because with you guys coming in, this will help boost my seniority. 17 years still sucks at lax, but I'm glad I don't have to commute. Anyhoo, no one here has even asked what the disadvantages are to being a flight attendant. Well, I will list them for you. When I got this "career" (job), I had no idea what the hell I was applying for. It sucked the first few years, but when I started using my passes, I thought, not too bad. I'm glad I stuck around. I love all the people I work with and supervisors are pretty cool. The things that get to be mundane or stressful as a flight attendant are as follows:

1. Reserve - don't ever expect to get any sleep.

2. Crew Scheduling - the number of times I thought I was going home, only to end up working more days.

2. How many times a day do I have to say, 'What would like to drink?", "Trash, Trash Trash", "Seatbelt sign is on, Seatbelt sign is on".

4. Short Layovers - By the time you get to your hotel and have to wake up to shower the next morning 4.5 hours of sleep max.

5. Not all flight attendants are fun to work with.

cont'd (Reached my max. 2000 characters)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

6. Contract - the company is suppose to adhere to the work rules, only to break them. Union does nothing.

7. The look of exhaustion. Some passengers will actually tell you, "You look like you could use some sleep".

8. Short call outs to make flight. I'd be at the gym or doing errands only to find out I have 2-4 hours to get to work. This is expected, but who wants to stay home to wait for a call when the day is so nice.

9. First Class/ Business Class - no comment. I prefer to work in coach. They call people who like to work in coach a "roach coach".

10. Relationships - if you're not in one and want to be in one. Do it now!!!!!!!

11. Never date a flight attendant/pilot. Why? They're never around. There's a level of truth to the stigma.

12. International is so long and it can get so boring. A 16 hours flight to Hong Kong will only take the first 2 1/2 hours of hard labor.

13. Domestic is so boring. Expect to to have a max. of 5 takeoffs and landings.

14. Sitting at airports making $1.90/hr. is brutal. Usually, I'm in the crew lounge sleeping.

15. Everything you learn in training isn't always what they do outside of training.

16. Your face gets oily and/or dry. So expect to either age fast or get pimples.

17. When you think your going to Honolulu/Maui, and the pull a fast one and send you to Paris and all you have are shorts, t-shirts, flip flops and board shorts.

Cont'd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

18. Some passengers will hit on you. And some are so creepy.

19. Pilots brag about all their homes and cars. And they will bring pictures to show them off.

20. Trust me on this. There will be moments in your career as a flight attendant that you would think to yourself whether you are wasting your time. The reality about this job is that you are a glorified waiter/waitress. How often do emergencies arise where you then become a safety professional - most likely never.

Cont'd (if i can think of any more, I'll post).

43 months ago

21. As soon as you get onboard your flight, you already want to go home. Because you're away a lot.

22. The job is predominantly women and gay. Gay guys are cool. and they're cuter than the women - LMAO.

23. Pay sucks, but it's do-able.

24. Expect to drink more than you normally would.

25. Expect to gain weight.

26. This company has a lot of unhappy employees. It's known to be very unfair to it's employees to the point they take advantage. Very true. I don't blame the people for being unhappy. Over worked and no respect and acknowledgement by management.

27. Supervisors will always hone in on what you did wrong to were suppose to do or didn't do. They will always forget your orchid letters from the passengers that write in about your good service.

cont'd

Need2flyAustin in Buda, Texas

43 months ago

39000 feet in Manhattan Beach, California said: 21. As soon as you get onboard your flight, you already want to go home. Because you're away a lot.

22. The job is predominantly women and gay. Gay guys are cool. and they're cuter than the women - LMAO.

23. Pay sucks, but it's do-able.

24. Expect to drink more than you normally would.

25. Expect to gain weight.

26. This company has a lot of unhappy employees. It's known to be very unfair to it's employees to the point they take advantage. Very true. I don't blame the people for being unhappy. Over worked and no respect and acknowledgement by management.

27. Supervisors will always hone in on what you did wrong to were suppose to do or didn't do. They will always forget your orchid letters from the passengers that write in about your good service.

cont'd

All these things are true! I was an FA previously. Why is the job so coveted? We love it! There is nothing that can explain it!!! Are you with old UA? Your contract isn't so bad in the grand scheme!

43 months ago

28. This job is so repetitive. Brief - Board - Take off - Beverage - Trash - Land - Deplane. And you do this 4-5 times a day throughout your entire career.

29. Some layovers are long and there's nothing to do. You begin to think again, am I wasting my time doing this.

30. Layover hotels are next to the runway - no sleep.

31. Covering for flight attendants that are late. Because if you report them there's tension. Use your good judgement with this.

32. This company is very conservative, so you must be conservative.

33. Galley position on international flights suck. You do more work than the other flight attendants. If you're not organize, service will reflect on who chooses or is juniored this work position.

34. Competing for the jumpseat when commuting os very cut throat amongst other flight attendant. It's a guaranteed flight to work or home when the flights are full.

35. Commuter pads are depressing.

36. Commuting, altogether is depressing.

cont'd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

sanfranciscoua in Narita, Japan

43 months ago

What "39000 feet in Manhattan Beach" is saying is pretty true -- I agree with him/her for 90% of what he/she's written -- but I still pretty much LOVE IT here and when I'm bored or stressed about a trip or whole line (monthly schedule), I just think about all the other people who wish they had this job and I smile. I am working a lot whenever I can (on my line months). Reserve does suck, and THANK GOD that I don't commute as I live 45 minutes from SFO airport, I just drive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Need2flyAustin in Buda, Texas said: All these things are true! I was an FA previously. Why is the job so coveted? We love it! There is nothing that can explain it!!! Are you with old UA? Your contract isn't so bad in the grand scheme!

What I've listed is true. It will not happen all the time, but they will happen to you eventually during the course of your career. You've been a flight attendant before (you mentioned), then you should be able to relate to some of these. Who did you fly for?

The job is coveted because of the lifestyle and travel benefits. You should already know that. How many jobs out there give you a 3-4 day holiday every week. Well, that's not how things are now, but it can be if you drop your trips. The job is virtually stress-free.

I'm with old United. The United before Continental.

43 months ago

Need2flyAustin in Buda, Texas said: All these things are true! I was an FA previously. Why is the job so coveted? We love it! There is nothing that can explain it!!! Are you with old UA? Your contract isn't so bad in the grand scheme!

My apologies. I thought you said, Not True about what I was sharing with the new-hires. I was reading to fast.Sorry. Who did you fly for?

43 months ago

37. When working a wide-body aircraft, it becomes a race between the other two flight attendant in the other aisle to see who can finish the beverage service quicker. No one really says anything, but it shows the two that do it quicker is far more efficient. (Threw this one in for a laugh).

38. You become someones best friend on a layover, only to run into them an another airport two weeks later and they forget your name and don't remember where they know you from. How many times has this happen to me. For God's sake, we had dinner, drinks, and went shopping and you told me about your psycho relationship.

39. Briefing is the only tense part because of the assigning of duties to see whose more senior and who gets stuck working some lousy position that no one wants to do.

40. If ever you get sick on a layover where they can't get anyone to replace you. This is usually domestic. Bring some Thera-Flu. You need to work that trip no matter how sick you are.

41. Not all flight attendants have your back. Some will screw you over. But this is a small percentage. A very small percentage.

42. Get to know your crew scheduling people, even when they wake you up at 2am or 3 am for a trip. If ever you have a flat tire or car issues, you may be able to buy time to see if they can get an on-standby reserve to work your trip without it ever being reported to your supervisors. This is so important.

43. Again be nice to your crew schedulers even if you don't like the trip they assign you. One day, during Christmas, they may grant your wish flight to be at home with family on a layover if you're a commuter.

cont'd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

44. The part about this job that bugs me to this day is when you're deadheading or pass-riding, and you know the working crew onboard, you're not quite a part of them, even if you know all of them. There's this feeling of being an outcast. Maybe, some one here can explain this. It's a strange feeling.

45. When working a flight from lax to new york, for example, there seems to be this need to rush the service, even though it's a 4.5-5 hour flight. You end up sitting around doing nothing.

46. It's depressing walking into a hotel room knowing you're stuck there 12, 14, 16, 18 hours your entire layover. Surrounding areas around hotels are sometimes not safe.

47. Getting stuck in Denver, Boston or New York during a snow storm is depressing. Finding someone to talk to during all that time spent in the room can drive anyone crazy. There were times. the hotel ran out of food.

48. I don't like briefing the exit rows, because these passengers don't board all at once. So I have to go back and brief that zone at least 3 times to get a "yes" answer from each one.

cont'd

43 months ago

49. On domestic layover, take a good look at that bed you walk into. You are stuck and will be in that bed your entire layover time thinking about how much longer you have before you can get ready to leave for work. Or you could be thinking about food, because you don't want to send $10-$15 on a hotel hamburger or chicken sandwich.

50. Did I say the union is useless and at $45/mo it's such a waste. Just my personal opinion.

51. You will never get rich doing this job, especially, if this is all you have.

52. Some flight attendants still live at home and some can never get out of that room mate situation. Well, at least here in lax, unless you're in a double income situation.

53. Time flies when your a flight attendant, Not sure if this is a good or bad thing. But before you know it, you went from being 24 to 44 years of age.

cont'd

43 months ago

54. You will say to yourself frequently, "I am so over this flight" or "I'm so over being a flight attendant". "What else can I do at my age besides being a flight attendant". Guarantee this will happen.

55. I'm not young anymore. All the new-be's are so much more younger than me and they all look fresh. How depressing is this?

Cont'd

(I'm tired guys, but you have a just about what I'm trying to say here. Good luck and hope to see all of you because I certainly need to move up in seniority.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

By the way this is the letter they email you when you don't make it. Thought I'd share it with you guys:

YOUR NAME HERE,

Thank you for your interest in the flight attendant position here at United.

We appreciate the time you took to meet with our recruiting staff to discuss your qualifications and work history. As you may be aware, the number of positions available is limited and other candidates have been selected for further consideration. 

Although you were not selected at this time, we want to thank you for your time and encourage you to continue seeking new opportunities within United Airlines. Please continue to visit our website at www.ual.com for other positions. New jobs are posted as they become available and encourage you to check back often. If you are still interested in pursuing the flight attendant position, you may reapply in one year from the date of your interview. 

Once again, thank you for your interest in the flight attendant position. Best wishes in your career endeavors.

Inflight Recruiting 
United
United Continental Holdings Inc. 

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

San Francisco UA in Narita, Japan said: What "39000 feet in Manhattan Beach" is saying is pretty true -- I agree with him/her for 90% of what he/she's written -- but I still pretty much LOVE IT here and when I'm bored or stressed about a trip or whole line (monthly schedule), I just think about all the other people who wish they had this job and I smile. I am working a lot whenever I can (on my line months). Reserve does suck, and THANK GOD that I don't commute as I live 45 minutes from SFO airport, I just drive.

LOL! What 10% did I write that wasn't true, because I need to rebuttal whatever it is you think wasn't true, especially, when we both work for United?

LilLily in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

39000 feet in Manhattan Beach, California said: LOL! What 10% did I write that wasn't true, because I need to rebuttal whatever it is you think wasn't true, especially, when we both work for United?

This might sound CRAZY but not everyone is going to agree with you 100% of the time. Imagine that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Need2flyAustin in Buda, Texas

43 months ago

39000 feet in Manhattan Beach, California said: 54. You will say to yourself frequently, "I am so over this flight" or "I'm so over being a flight attendant". "What else can I do at my age besides being a flight attendant". Guarantee this will happen.

55. I'm not young anymore. All the new-be's are so much more younger than me and they all look fresh. How depressing is this?

Cont'd

(I'm tired guys, but you have a just about what I'm trying to say here. Good luck and hope to see all of you because I certainly need to move up in seniority.)

I think you misunderstood my earlier comment. Because I was a FA I do agree with you. I was merely asking a rhetorical question as to why the job is so coveted. I wouldn't be on this discussion board if I didn't know the answer. Once this is in your blood, it's all over! I am eager to see how long it takes to come up with a new contract. But, by the look of things, you guys are still good to go until 2016? That's not so awesome for the CO side! Imagine being on reserve constantly for 20 yrs with no rotation! Hopefully with the new hires and AFA the quality of life will improve.

Page:  « First « Previous   112  113  114  115  116  117  118  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.