Continental Airlines Flight Attendant Group Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2301 to 2350 of 6449)
Page:  « First « Previous   44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next »   Last »

IAH FA in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

Erick in Cedar Park, Texas said: Does anyone know if Continental Airlines gives you the
JOB OFFER immediately on the spot after passing the all day group interviews in Houston OR do they get back to you 5-10 days later via email if you are selected ?

Thanks,

Yes u will be invited to training that day!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Austin, Texas

47 months ago

Habiba in New York, New York said: Annonie......Unlike your company, cuz now its just Ual, you have no pensions!...yes Delta has been through bankrupcy, but they did not touch employee pensions, can you say that about United (cus pathetic CAL is now defunct)?? And the only reason the Ual/Cal merger took place was because DAL had pulled it successfully, while management at Cal/Ual sat on their lazy timid behinds wondering what to do. Meanwhile, because of its visionary and brave managent, Dal not only has added tons of exciting destinations, they are actually hiring, too bad the same can't be said of Ual.

Aren't DL Flight Attendants sueing your brave and visionary management right now?

CO is far from defunct and does have pensions. Unlike the DAL/NWA buyout- CO/UAL is a merger of equals. The "new delta" was formed as a result of chapter 11. Believe me I know. I had stock in the old delta that is now worth ZERO. The "NEW UNITED" is being formed in order to create the world’s leading airline, featuring the world’s most comprehensive network. Hell, the ONLY thing CO is losing is the name. They'll even keep Continental's CEO.
Look I'm not trying to start a pissing match here. I just hate when people give out bad information. I think it is great Delta is hiring. Anything that creates new jobs is good. CO is hiring trainers right now for flight attendants and has plans to begin hiring as early as January.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Austin, Texas

47 months ago

Anon in Austin, Texas said: Aren't DL Flight Attendants sueing your brave and visionary management right now?

CO is far from defunct and does have pensions. Unlike the DAL/NWA buyout- CO/UAL is a merger of equals. The "new delta" was formed as a result of chapter 11. Believe me I know. I had stock in the old delta that is now worth ZERO. The "NEW UNITED" is being formed in order to create the world’s leading airline, featuring the world’s most comprehensive network. Hell, the ONLY thing CO is losing is the name. They'll even keep Continental's CEO.
Look I'm not trying to start a pissing match here. I just hate when people give out bad information. I think it is great Delta is hiring. Anything that creates new jobs is good. CO is hiring trainers right now for flight attendants and has plans to begin hiring as early as January.

By the way- Continental is making a profit and continues to purchase NEW planes everyday(newest fleet of all legacy carriers). On top of that CO has been rated #1 in customer service for the better part of a decade. Far from "pathetic" in my opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

RN in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

Anon in Austin, Texas said: By the way- Continental is making a profit and continues to purchase NEW planes everyday(newest fleet of all legacy carriers). On top of that CO has been rated #1 in customer service for the better part of a decade. Far from "pathetic" in my opinion.

Won't it be UAL that will be hiring the f/a's in the future, because of the new headquarters in ORD? Who would be the mgmt to recruit/train new f/a's in the future? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Atlhq10 in Atlanta, Georgia

47 months ago

Yes I'm am to really excited about the new United!!! I'm am aware and understand that Delta Airlines is hiring and all that good jazz but United is were I want to be.

Atlhq10 in Atlanta, Georgia

47 months ago

I also feel good that the CEO of Continental will be the lead in running the new United! United FAs will be #1 again soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

travelguy70 in Hillsborough, New Jersey

47 months ago

I would like to know who is saying that Continental will hire? I am a FA at continental and have heard that on the jumpseat, but I have not heard that we are starting training classes. Only thing I could think of the reason we would be hiring is because the need of arabic speakers for Cairo out of EWR in May 2011. Please share some insight where your info is coming from the CAL is hiring.

Thanks!!!

AllenVogue

47 months ago

I was told that they were supposed to be hiring people based at IAH to be fa's. It was word of mouth from a fa named Ashley on my flight back in to Houston the week before last. She seemed pretty knowledgeable though. As far as ConAir moving HQ, I don't think thats going to happen, lol. They have a few sky scrapers of their own here in Houston, and not to mention one of the countries top ranking airports that has their name plastered all over it. I highly doubt they will move, and I'm sure the local news would have covered it if they were. I've heard nothing of the such.

Anon in Austin, Texas

47 months ago

I heard the thing about hiring from an instructor at the training center. He said we are planning on hiring... now is that true? Who knows. Let me say this- any rumor of hiring is just that and I don't want anyone to get their hopes up until the hiring actually starts. Travelguy brings up a good point about Arabic speakers. If they do hire speakers they will more than likely hire non-speakers as well(like when CO trained Chinese speakers and non-speakers last year).

As far as CO moving headquarters to Chicago- I'm afraid that is true. The New United HQ will be based in Chicago, but the CEO will maintain an office in Houston as well. IAH Airport will be one of (if not the largest) hub in the system. Just because HQ is moving does not mean anything about IAH will change.

As far as who is hiring who. Continental will be hiring CO FAs for a while to come. The name may change- but any new FAs(that are going to work CO aircraft or routes) will be hired and trained at CO facilities. It will take years for CO and UAL flight crews to actually work together or to work in each other's jets. Until then, each airline will more than likely train seperately.

Knowing FA in Akron, Ohio

47 months ago

..this is great, acurate info. This comes directly from our CEOs letters to employees. The other stuff about hiring is probably acurate if its coming from the training dept. And Cal did hire half speakers, half non-speakers to pull the chinese speakers thru training, which can be very technical and hard to understand if english is not ur first language and barely your second LOL as in the case of the speakers who were hired. And the same will apply for arbic. (if they dont get enough speakers in our current population of fas) SIDE NOTE: Many of the chinese quit because they didnt get their visa paperwork completed and were sent into the domestic base unable to fly internationally. So a note to anyone interested in getting hired as Arbic speaker, make sure you have all your paper work done and all entry visas to all countries needed if your not a US citizen. its critical. good luck all!!!!

AllenVogue

47 months ago

I'm not a racist by any means, but I'm curious to know, how safe is it if your stationed on the Arabic route? I'm sure its a question that many would like to ask but they fail in doing so. Anyone based on an Arabic route out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

travelguy70 in Hillsborough, New Jersey

47 months ago

I hope you are all right with the hiring of the fa's. It would really be nice to get off of reserve. Another thing I recently heard was that they were going to offer early out's too the end of this year and then another reason why they would have to hire in January. I hope all of this speculation is right!!

Sasha in Atlanta, Georgia

47 months ago

Does anyone know how to enter your former salary on Atlantic Southeast Airlines site? I am applying as a flight attendant, and I have tried everything I know and still nothing works. Is this an indication of how difficult working for them are or even applying? The site does not accept any numerical numbers that I've entered.

Johnny in Aravaca, Spain

47 months ago

Does anyone from Continental know what will happen to the EWR and JFK bases? I know United has a JFK base only for domestic flying between SFO and LAX. But have you guys heared about maybe transfering the International to JFK and expanding from there? I talked to a UA FA and she said she was told they would keep EWR as is and JFK would only be a coverage base? Anyone have an insight or light about this? Thanks

RN in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

Johnny in Aravaca, Spain said: Does anyone from Continental know what will happen to the EWR and JFK bases? I know United has a JFK base only for domestic flying between SFO and LAX. But have you guys heared about maybe transfering the International to JFK and expanding from there? I talked to a UA FA and she said she was told they would keep EWR as is and JFK would only be a coverage base? Anyone have an insight or light about this? Thanks

To my knowledge, when I was in Con's training, all of the intl flights leave from EWR, and I do not believe any leave from JFK - only domestic. I was surprised to find out when applying to United, that a great # of their intl flights leave from IAD (Dulles), and the only major flights from JFK are their transcons, NY - SFO or LAX. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. I wondered when they merged, if they will downsize the # of intl flights from either EWR or IAD.

Sasha in Atlanta, Georgia

46 months ago

Kirgizia,

I finally completed the application online.

Thanks for all your help.

Anon in Seattle, Washington

46 months ago

Sheneneh in New York, New York said: Well....now that the company merged, they will either have to restore pensions to Ual employees or take them away from Cal employees to make them equal or risk undermining employee moral and harmony, and routes/fleets combined diligently for it to be a succesful and profitable merger. As far as hiring, I dont forsee anything, unlike forward thinking profitable Delta, who by the way is hiring, both Ual and Cal have in the last few years frozen all hiring as well as new expansions.

Why are you so gung ho on slamming Continental and United? Profitable Continental hired new flight attendants last year. Like I said before- I'm glad you guys are hiring! We need more jobs in this economy! As far as expansion- we are merging to form the world's largest airline and have joined Star Alliance(which is twice a large as Skyteam). On top of that CO is testing Biofuel aircraft engines(how's that for forward thinking) and still receiving NEW aircraft every day while retiring airplanes that Delta would consider fairly new.

Anon in Boca Raton, Florida

46 months ago

Thank you for your concern about our pensions. It is a very important issue and we are are following it very close.

One more time- United is by no means the "conquering" company. Many people are confused about this because CO is taking the United name. Unlike the Delta/NWA airline takeover- ours is a merger of equals.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

46 months ago

JET BLUE is hiring agn.

Lvhairguy in Las Vegas, Nevada

45 months ago

Just curious......has anyone heard anymore rumors, or truth to the rumors that Continental may be hiring flight attendants in the near future?

Awesomette in Nashville, Tennessee

45 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: JET BLUE is hiring agn.

I just checked the Jet Blue website and there are not any currently Flight Attendant openings. :(

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

Awesomette in Nashville, Tennessee said: I just checked the Jet Blue website and there are not any currently Flight Attendant openings. :(

Go bak and look

bit.ly/bueoTk

Island Girl in Placentia, California

45 months ago

Do you think CAL will hire soon?

travelguy70 in Somerset, New Jersey

45 months ago

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

US Airways Group Inc. (LCC) said it will need 500 crew members next year to
replace retiring employees and staff its planned expansion of international
flying.
The announcement comes as airlines are benefiting from a recovery in air
travel and have widely posted improved financial performances. But at least
through the summer, the recovery hadn't yet translated into new hiring and the
workforce for U.S. airlines was below year-earlier levels, according to
Department of Transportation data.
The carrier plans to fill 420 flight attendant and 80 pilot positions by
recalling employees who are on furlough and hiring new crew members. After the
hiring and recall process is complete, it will have about 4,970 active pilots
and 7,300 active flight attendants, with no flight attendants on furlough and
possibly up to 100 pilots on furlough.
US Airways last month reported swinging to a third-quarter profit as a key
revenue metric rebounded. It operates a mostly domestic network but plans to
increase international capacity by 8% next year while keeping domestic capacity
flat.
Shares closed Friday at $11.57 and were inactive premarket. The stock has
more than doubled this year.

jessica farr in Denver, Colorado

44 months ago

I don't really know what the plan is for the hiring or furloughing flight attendants with the UAL/CAL merger, but why would Continental be hiring when United has furloughed flight attendants and they are scheduled to have a single operating certificate by late 2011??

gonna be an fa soon in Beaufort, South Carolina

44 months ago

Fly Them Skies in Newark, New Jersey said: Because they are getting new aircraft.
Because some people will take the buy-out and retire.
Because some people will quit.

Fly Them Skies--Hi! I am just curious if you already work for Continental, and if you have any good info for us on the FA hiring status? A friend of mine that works reservations for Delta told me that Continental is supposedly hiring by January. Do you know if there is any truth to that? Also, do you know if a United employee referral would be able to be used in the Continental FA application process? Thanks.

Angelwings2243 in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

I'm seeking a senior (to me) EWR lineholder to jobshare with for any and all if possible during 2011. I was in the partnership program for 2010. I will work any trips you don't want. Please contact me. Thank you. Julie, M5441.

Angelwings2243 in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

Fly Them Skies in Newark, New Jersey said: I work for CoEx. Everyone is hearing the January rumor, and honestly I have reason to believe it's true. I don't think a United employee referral would get you anywhere though, but maybe a letter of reference from them?

I work for Continental. Please keep in mind United has FAs out on furlough, and we're still in the midst of negotiating our contracts so I'm not going to speculate what might happen.

gonna be an fa soon in Gloucester, Virginia

44 months ago

Fly Them Skies in Newark, New Jersey said: I work for CoEx. Everyone is hearing the January rumor, and honestly I have reason to believe it's true. I don't think a United employee referral would get you anywhere though, but maybe a letter of reference from them?

Fly Them Skies: Thanks for the answer. I thought that United and Continental were as one airline now?

Andre in Glen Ridge, New Jersey

44 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Go bak and look

bit.ly/bueoTk

they are not hiring Flight Attendants, Inflight Crew...if they are, reference the job title....

1gr8fa1day in Houston, Texas

42 months ago

Any word out yet regarding hiring for F/A?

julie in Chesapeake, Virginia

42 months ago

Did anybody hear about Holly Phields passing on Sepy 8 2010? A F/A with United since 1986 IAD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Alago2010 in Jersey City, New Jersey

42 months ago

Can anyone give me a number for Continental Recruiter, I have been on their website from time to time and still no job postings, there has to be a recruiter I can speak to?? thank you

Knowing FA in Union City, New Jersey

42 months ago

Linda -Unfortunately No. As you might have read above, Cal and United merged. We r most likely OVER staffed when the work groups combine. They are trying to get ppl to retire at this time. United still has fas out on voluntary furlow and they are entitled to get their jobs back before anyone new is hired. Additionally it will cost the company less money to bring them back and all the CAL fas who are out on leaves of absence. These fas are already trained and will only need minimal training when we all start mixing aircraft vs new hires who will need complete initial training on both Boeing and Airbus. It's all about money- if enough senior ppl take the early out money the company will hire again. Word on the jumpseat is the old
ladies won't budge bc they are not being offered medial benefits in retirement and many of them need the medical. They have their heels dug in until the work groups merge n the company makes it complete hell for them as they don't like change. Younger ppl adapt to change much easier... At that time maybe they will quit and u will get a chance? Sorry to who ever doesn't agree with what I write-- these r my opinions from my work experience and conversations with other Fas and Management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tatianis in Santa Marta, Colombia

42 months ago

Hello, I would like to work as a Flight Attendant in the United States, I am from Colombia but I am also an American citizen. I am bilingual (Spanish and English) and I hold a couple of associated degrees, one from Colombia, and one from the USA, I am 5´8¨, 110 pounds and 34 years old ( I am the image of a bathing suit company in Colombia), but the salaries here are very bad. I have a lot of experience in customer service, I really don’t know the requirements for this job, but I really need some help about the monthly salary, any idea? Salaries? best airline? hiring? Thank you!!

JANAE in Chicago, Illinois

42 months ago

Does anyone know if gojet airlines interview questions I have an interview and how long will I Have wait until airlines call back for second interview I am so nervous I Really need your feedback by feb 20,2011 THANK YOU this imformation greatly appreicated

strait in East Windsor, Connecticut

38 months ago

Does anyone have any information on CommutAir flight attendant position. I was interested in the Q200 possibly. Any flight attendants out there that can offer more info than I can find on here. Thanks.

beachgal in Baltimore, Maryland

38 months ago

strait in East Windsor, Connecticut said: Does anyone have any information on CommutAir flight attendant position. I was interested in the Q200 possibly. Any flight attendants out there that can offer more info than I can find on here. Thanks.

they're not hiring right now :(

beachgal in Baltimore, Maryland

38 months ago

oh wait. i thought you meant continental. if you were talking about another airline then I don't know. i just know continental is not hiring right now.

FAHopeful in Pompano Beach, Florida

37 months ago

Continental is hiring FA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Knowing FA in Bronx, New York

37 months ago

@FA Hopeful- God I hope so. Reserves r being abused and my seniority number is jumpin up up up... What's ur source?????? Give us all the info- hope u come online (start flying) soooooooon! We need some relief.

Ella in Trabuco Canyon, California

37 months ago

Just applied online for FA. : )

37 months ago

Just applied online for FA with Continental. Wish me luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

37 months ago

Ella in Trabuco Canyon, California said: Just applied online for FA with Continental. Wish me luck!!!

I just applied also! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Continental.com opened the posting earlier this today.

Herewegoagain in Nanuet, New York

37 months ago

Me toooo!! Good luck to everyone!!

Herewegoagain in Nanuet, New York

37 months ago

FAHopeful in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Continental is hiring FA.

Thanks for letting us know!! Really appreciate it!!!

JetSetGo! in Syosset, New York

37 months ago

Anyone have information on how reserve works with Continental?

FA in Denver, Colorado

37 months ago

As of later this year there will be no Continental.It will be United COntinental Airlines... and you will the most junior of both If you actually do get hired, you will most likely only be furloughed at that time. Not trying to be mean. Its just realistic in the FA world...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sky.high84 in Richmond, Virginia

37 months ago

FA in Denver, Colorado said: As of later this year there will be no Continental.It will be United COntinental Airlines... and you will the most junior of both If you actually do get hired, you will most likely only be furloughed at that time. Not trying to be mean. Its just realistic in the FA world...

is that what you think will happen? furlough after they hire? Im just worried to leave where i'm at only to get furloughed

37 months ago

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin said: I just applied also! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Continental.com opened the posting earlier this today.

Best of Luck to you!!!

Page:  « First « Previous   44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.