Continental Training Groups

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 106)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

CAL777 in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

List you training class number so you can meet others that will be training with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TG in Pomona, New York

74 months ago

CLASS 0809. ANYBODY?

TG in Pomona, New York

74 months ago

Oh that was starting June 16th:)

SW in Kingwood, Texas

74 months ago

I am scheduled for class 0808

ap in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

I'm in 0809! I am very excited about training. I have started memorizing the airport codes, but there are so many!

CAL777 in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

I'm in 0809. Did anyone else in my class interview on 2/20?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Allentown, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

SW in Kingwood, Texas said: I am scheduled for class 0808

Hi SW.... I'm also in 808. Email from recruiters indicated that 0808 starts June 2nd.

SW in Kingwood, Texas

74 months ago

Maria in Allentown, Pennsylvania said: Hi SW.... I'm also in 808. Email from recruiters indicated that 0808 starts June 2nd.

Hi Maria, Congratulations!! Yes class 0808 begins June 2nd. When did you interview? I interviewed Feb. 8 in Houston. I have chatted with a couple of others from our class (not on this board) and it seems that a couple of people have checked in here. I am hoping that since they are still offering move up spots that I will be able to move up to an earlier class. I was originally told that my class would begin in May but then it was confirmed for June 2.

TG in Garnerville, New York

74 months ago

ap in Atlanta, Georgia said: I'm in 0809! I am very excited about training. I have started memorizing the airport codes, but there are so many!

Hi did you interview in Newark or Houston. I started studying the codes but their are so many. I am really excited. I wish it was a little sooner.

74 months ago

SW in Kingwood, Texas said: Hi Maria, Congratulations!! Yes class 0808 begins June 2nd. When did you interview? I interviewed Feb. 8 in Houston. I have chatted with a couple of others from our class (not on this board) and it seems that a couple of people have checked in here. I am hoping that since they are still offering move up spots that I will be able to move up to an earlier class. I was originally told that my class would begin in May but then it was confirmed for June 2.

I interviewed mid January and was supposed to be in 807. I had to post-pone my training and ended up in 808. I'm kind of disappointed that I couldn't do 807 which would have given me higher seniority, but happy to attend training anyway. Can't wait.

ap in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

CAL777 in Austin, Texas said: I'm in 0809. Did anyone else in my class interview on 2/20?

Hi Cal777 I interviewed on 2/28 but I was assigned to 0809 class. Has anyone checked out the crashpad or living situation in Newark? I may plan a trip up to Newark just to get a feel of the city before training starts.

N.C. Nicegirl in Greensboro, North Carolina

74 months ago

CAL777 in Austin, Texas said: List you training class number so you can meet others that will be training with you.

Hi Guys,

I was just curious as to what you all did to get through? Did all of you supply letters of recommendation even though' they did not mention it prior on the correspondences leading to the interview? I had my interview on the 6th in Newark and out of the blue a CAL FA walked right up to me...introduced herself and told me "I just want to say.....I would hire you on the spot!!!! You look wonderful, you're dressed properly, you look excited and happy to be here and you seem very warm and friendly!!!, they would have to hire you....I mean if I was the recruiter 'I' would hire you!!!, but it is all about the gatekeeper though...." and we continued to talk for a while and she said she had to run to catch her flight...her name was PAT and she was very warm and friendly herself.

....I went on to the interview hopeful and I know I did pretty well though I did not get past the one-on-one and I've heard there is a panel.

What do you all do that got you through? Or do they secretly only take those with recommendation letter even they don't tell you to bring them which would explain why out of a group of 30 or so interviewees, I am hearing only 1-2 if lucky are selected? My aunt recently retired from CAL but I went in there trying not to use her name. She worked with them at Newark for over 30 years but I did not use her name....I wanted to get the job on my own.

Any suggestion????

You can also email me directly at crlalston@yahoo.com

CAL777 in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

ap in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Cal777 I interviewed on 2/28 but I was assigned to 0809 class. Has anyone checked out the crashpad or living situation in Newark? I may plan a trip up to Newark just to get a feel of the city before training starts.

I haven't checked out Newark yet. I'm assuming that we'll kinda do that once we get to know others in our class. Have you sent in your background check info or started learning your city codes? I made flashcards tonight...man there are a ton of cities to learn. The US city are not so bad, but the Central American and Mexican cities are going to be tough!

74 months ago

Does anyone who's been through Continental training recently know if their exams are computerized? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

LT in Edison, New Jersey

74 months ago

0810 starting June 29th or July 1st ... Anyone comin with?

Longtimelurker in soon to be, Texas

27 months ago

Bumping this up because there are a few upcoming training classes about to start. What's your class number? Share your excitement, questions, and concerns etc etc :)I"m class 1205 Feb 6th! Its getting so close!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BlueSkies in Fort Mill, South Carolina

27 months ago

Longtimelurker in soon to be, Texas said: Bumping this up because there are a few upcoming training classes about to start. What's your class number? Share your excitement, questions, and concerns etc etc :)I"m class 1205 Feb 6th! Its getting so close!

I'm in the same class!! I'm getting pretty excited, definitely ready to start this thing!! My only concern is the ditching exercises. My "swimming" will definitely be hilarious for the whole class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flygurl in Wilmington, North Carolina

27 months ago

BlueSkies in Fort Mill, South Carolina said: I'm in the same class!! I'm getting pretty excited, definitely ready to start this thing!! My only concern is the ditching exercises. My "swimming" will definitely be hilarious for the whole class.

Hi my class starts Feb 26 - let us know how it's going please ..... Good luck to all of us !

27 months ago

BlueSkies in Fort Mill, South Carolina said: I'm in the same class!! I'm getting pretty excited, definitely ready to start this thing!! My only concern is the ditching exercises. My "swimming" will definitely be hilarious for the whole class.

LOL i think the ditching is just basically just pulling yourself up into the big raft. You get to wear a life vest.

27 months ago

4 more weeks! *squeal*

27 months ago

Flygurl in Wilmington, North Carolina said: Hi my class starts Feb 26 - let us know how it's going please ..... Good luck to all of us !

From my experience everyone who starts training completely drops off the boards. I guess it's either THAT intense or CO is really strict about the whole confidentiality issue. Probably both.

Peekaboo in Somewhere, Florida

27 months ago

Hi there!! My class starts on February 13th, and I am so excited! It looks like we'll be there all around the same time, I was hoping to find others in my class, but this is the closest I've found. I keep looking at the other boards too, lol.
It seems like their pretty strict, just reading everything before going.

27 months ago

Peekaboo in Somewhere, Florida said: Hi there!! My class starts on February 13th, and I am so excited! It looks like we'll be there all around the same time, I was hoping to find others in my class, but this is the closest I've found. I keep looking at the other boards too, lol.
It seems like their pretty strict, just reading everything before going.

Yes there's a lot of rules! I've been reading and re-reading cause I don't want to break any. I'm from FL too btw ;) Have you memorized all your airport codes? I've gotten to the international ones they're just sooo intimidating to me but I need to get crackin'.

born2fly in Astoria, New York

27 months ago

Longtimelurker in soon to be, Texas said: Bumping this up because there are a few upcoming training classes about to start. What's your class number? Share your excitement, questions, and concerns etc etc :)I"m class 1205 Feb 6th! Its getting so close!

I'm in the same class!!! It's almost here. Time to study hard. Have you been taking the exams online? I found it very helpful to memorize them by writing them all down once I take the exam.

Stacey91586 in Lexington, Kentucky

27 months ago

CAL777 in Austin, Texas said: I'm in 0809. Did anyone else in my class interview on 2/20?

I AM

27 months ago

Longtimelurker in soon to be, Texas said: Yes there's a lot of rules! I've been reading and re-reading cause I don't want to break any. I'm from FL too btw ;) Have you memorized all your airport codes? I've gotten to the international ones they're just sooo intimidating to me but I need to get crackin'.

I know, I keep doing the same! Lots of rules, even for when were not in class. When it says it's basically a 5 week interview, that's no joke.
I decided to make flash cards to help me memorize, hopefully I can get them down by the end of the month :)

27 months ago

born2fly in Astoria, New York said: I'm in the same class!!! It's almost here. Time to study hard. Have you been taking the exams online? I found it very helpful to memorize them by writing them all down once I take the exam.

There are exams online? Are they on the candidate website? There's a lot of information, I wouldn't be surprised if I have overlooked something.

Blue_Skies in Fort Mill, South Carolina

27 months ago

born2fly in Astoria, New York said: I'm in the same class!!! It's almost here. Time to study hard. Have you been taking the exams online? I found it very helpful to memorize them by writing them all down once I take the exam.

Same class? Yay :) I've been taking the exams - got the military time down, no problem there. I have a huge stack of airport code flash cards that I've been memorizing. For some reason I can never get Canada's down! The international ones are a killer. BUT that's what studying is for! I should be doing that instead of laying in bed on my laptop right now haha off I go!

27 months ago

Check the online study guide. The airport codes have changed with United's mark instead of Continental's. It looks like there are more codes. Or am I the only one just now seeing this?

27 months ago

I do the online quiz once a week it's really really helpful. And I didn't know there are MORE codes now with United...I'm gonna have to go check that now. The flash cards are really helpful not to mention portable so you can take them anywhere and study study study.

Born2fly in New York, New York

27 months ago

I just took a look and it seems like more have been added.

27 months ago

Blue_Skies in Fort Mill, South Carolina said: Check the online study guide. The airport codes have changed with United's mark instead of Continental's. It looks like there are more codes. Or am I the only one just now seeing this?

Wow you where right I'm so glad you said something, these codes are in a different order with the int'l mixed in instead of separated. I'm just gonna start my stack of flash cards all over. Also airline terminology was added I wonder if we will be quized on that as well?

27 months ago

Longtimelurker in soon to be, Texas said: Wow you where right I'm so glad you said something, these codes are in a different order with the int'l mixed in instead of separated. I'm just gonna start my stack of flash cards all over. Also airline terminology was added I wonder if we will be quized on that as well?

I'm going to start them over as well. I doubt we'll be quizzed on the terminology but we'll have to learn it eventually so we should have it down before we show up to training. My opinion :)

27 months ago

It also looks like they left off a page of codes. Where are codes C-F?

Mobettah in Kaneohe, Hawaii

27 months ago

Hey longtime... im gonna be in your class too

27 months ago

Mobettah in Kaneohe, Hawaii said: Hey longtime... im gonna be in your class too

Me too! Sweet, we've already found three people in our class :) You excited?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Re in Greenbrae, California

27 months ago

Who is going to be in Texas for training this month 23rd??? Contact me, I am going to be there!

27 months ago

Blue_Skies in Fort Mill, South Carolina said: It also looks like they left off a page of codes. Where are codes C-F?

I noticed that too. I guess I would just refer to the CO codes for C-F? better than nothing. I spoke to recruiting on the phone yesterday and she said that this United study guide was what we needed to know for the first day.

27 months ago

Longtimelurker in soon to be, Texas said: I noticed that too. I guess I would just refer to the CO codes for C-F? better than nothing. I spoke to recruiting on the phone yesterday and she said that this United study guide was what we needed to know for the first day.

That includes the terms and everything, you think?

27 months ago

Blue_Skies in Fort Mill, South Carolina said: That includes the terms and everything, you think?

I think so...My exact words where the United codes with the terminology in the study guide and she said yes we need to know it.

27 months ago

Okaaay I'm off to get more flash cards! This will be 250 cards haha

FA Hopefull in Las Vegas, Nevada

27 months ago

Hey Guys!!!! I'm attending the interview in Houston this month and i am sooo nervous! lol....any advice or tips for the interview, or even just what to expect, would be GREATLY appreciated! Email me if u wish! thanks so much!
~Travis C.
bowl.n.brush@gmail.com

Brownie in Wilmington, North Carolina

27 months ago

Longtimelurker in soon to be, Texas said: I think so...My exact words where the United codes with the terminology in the study guide and she said yes we need to know it.

Can not find any terminology in thenstudy guide assuming u r talking about the online study guide - pls advise

27 months ago

Brownie in Wilmington, North Carolina said: Can not find any terminology in thenstudy guide assuming u r talking about the online study guide - pls advise

The terminology is at the bottom of the new airport codes. There are about three pages of it

27 months ago

Blue_Skies in Fort Mill, South Carolina said: The terminology is at the bottom of the new airport codes. There are about three pages of it

Thanks - when do you start training ?

mandy c

27 months ago

Does anyone know of a reliable website listing US airport codes? I'd like to get a head start in case I receive a cjo

mandy c in Massachusetts

27 months ago

During the interview, if hired, would it be unheard of to negotiate salary? I know with other jobs you can negotiate your salary, but I wasn't sure if airlines work the same way. Just want to be sure and not ask a ridiculous question if I'm offered a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Yikes! in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

mandy c in Massachusetts said: During the interview, if hired, would it be unheard of to negotiate salary? I know with other jobs you can negotiate your salary, but I wasn't sure if airlines work the same way. Just want to be sure and not ask a ridiculous question if I'm offered a job.

With all due respect, there are thousands of people wanting this job, and most likely willing to take less than the $19 an hour they offer. Please re-think that question.. It wouldn't be in your best interest to ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Brownie in Wilmington, North Carolina said: Thanks - when do you start training ?

February 6th :] You?
I received an email offering to start training earlier, Jan 30th, but I am so not ready yet!

27 months ago

Blue_Skies in Fort Mill, South Carolina said: February 6th :] You?
I received an email offering to start training earlier, Jan 30th, but I am so not ready yet!

I start feb 27 - asked for a later date so I can prepare everything family etc
Let's stay in touch

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.