Continental United Flight Attendant Training Starting January 2013.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 716)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Speedbird in Irvine, California

29 months ago

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California said: PR Traveler,

I don't have any F/A experience. This is my dream job however, the process is getting complicated as I have to pay all the application fee and apply in some countries that require my personal appearance. I am afraid the time is not enough for each country before I get into training.

Hi, I'm holding a foreign passport. I'm gonna start calling embassies to figure out crew visas. Is it that complicated? If we need a crew visa for certain country, should we apply through phone? The thing is I just extended my passport and it takes more than 2 weeks. I wonder if we need a passport number to get a crew visa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Speedbird in Irvine, California

29 months ago

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California said: PR Traveler,

I don't have any F/A experience. This is my dream job however, the process is getting complicated as I have to pay all the application fee and apply in some countries that require my personal appearance. I am afraid the time is not enough for each country before I get into training.

I mean I just submitted the application to extend my passport and it's gonna take more than 2 weeks. I'm worried if I have enough time too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California

29 months ago

Speedbird in Irvine, California said: I mean I just submitted the application to extend my passport and it's gonna take more than 2 weeks. I'm worried if I have enough time too.

It depends on the country that allows you to apply online, mail or personal appearance. Like for example, I have to go to Japan to apply personally, then for Belize, I can apply online or mail I think. There is one country that would take 15 days to get the visa, depends if you'll get approved or not. I have to work on my passport too and will take weeks. Have you tried calling the embassies already? If so how many do you have to work on?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Speedbird in Irvine, California

29 months ago

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California said: It depends on the country that allows you to apply online, mail or personal appearance. Like for example, I have to go to Japan to apply personally, then for Belize, I can apply online or mail I think. There is one country that would take 15 days to get the visa, depends if you'll get approved or not. I have to work on my passport too and will take weeks. Have you tried calling the embassies already? If so how many do you have to work on?

I'm gonna start calling today and I will let you know how many. I won't have my passport for next two weeks, and I'm confused if I have to wait till I get my new passport and then work on this. May I ask which class are you in? I'm in class 1301 and due of this crew visa sheet is Dec17 for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California

29 months ago

Speedbird in Irvine, California said: I'm gonna start calling today and I will let you know how many. I won't have my passport for next two weeks, and I'm confused if I have to wait till I get my new passport and then work on this. May I ask which class are you in? I'm in class 1301 and due of this crew visa sheet is Dec17 for me.

What's your email? Maybe we can talk from there. I am in class 1303.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California

29 months ago

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California said: What's your email? Maybe we can talk from there. I am in class 1303.

Or better yet email me at summerdaychick@gmail.com. Good luck to us with our visas!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PR Traveler in New York, New York

29 months ago

My interview its Friday!! Im so nervous I dont have any F/A experience!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California

29 months ago

PR Traveler in New York, New York said: My interview its Friday!! Im so nervous I dont have any F/A experience!!

Don't be nervous. Just be yourself :)

Best of luck to you! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PR Traveler in New York, New York

29 months ago

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California said: Don't be nervous. Just be yourself :)

Best of luck to you! :)

Thanks Newbie16 I know they are very selective and its hard to get the invitation for training!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bflyinsoon

29 months ago

PR Traveler in New York, New York said: My interview its Friday!! Im so nervous I dont have any F/A experience!!

Hi there! I'll be with you on Friday! Where are you staying and what time do you arrive Thursday? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

elvisfan in Des Plaines, Illinois

29 months ago

yeah do not be nervous. You will actually think it was a waste of your time when you leave there. They will judge you only after about 3 minutes of talking to you. Actually they just read off a sheet of questions then you answer. Then they scribble something done the whole time while you are answering the question. They barely make eye contact with you. The people interviewing you are flight attendants. I am telling this not to sound negative but so you will not feel down after they send you back to the airport. Keep trying other airlines. The whole continental interview process is sort of the luck of the draw.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PR Traveler in New York, New York

29 months ago

elvisfan in Des Plaines, Illinois said: yeah do not be nervous. You will actually think it was a waste of your time when you leave there. They will judge you only after about 3 minutes of talking to you. Actually they just read off a sheet of questions then you answer. Then they scribble something done the whole time while you are answering the question. They barely make eye contact with you. The people interviewing you are flight attendants. I am telling this not to sound negative but so you will not feel down after they send you back to the airport. Keep trying other airlines. The whole continental interview process is sort of the luck of the draw.

What about the PA announcement?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

elvisfan in Des Plaines, Illinois

29 months ago

They handed me a piece of paper as soon as my interview started. That sort of threw me off. The lady said read from this paper. I read one of the announcements. I think it was the one about children in emergency row. She scribbled stuff down as I read it. Then she started asking me questions about jobs on my resume. Also other questions about passengers. How do I feel about moving, reserve,etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

EWRFA in New Jersey

29 months ago

Can you imagine the profits the hotels around IAH have made these past several months? I wonder if UA/CO is getting a kick-back! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KC former FA in Kaneohe, Hawaii

29 months ago

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California said: What's your email? Maybe we can talk from there. I am in class 1303.

Most of the time you can go to the closest embassies for visas. For example there are a ton in LA, SFO, NYC, DC & some in Texas. When they say in person, they mean at the embassy. That is foreign soil.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California

29 months ago

KC former FA in Kaneohe, Hawaii said: Most of the time you can go to the closest embassies for visas. For example there are a ton in LA, SFO, NYC, DC & some in Texas. When they say in person, they mean at the embassy. That is foreign soil.

Thanks KC former FA, I forgot to put Japan Embassy lol. I meant to say I will have to go to the local embassies of each country, and would send my passport one country at a time. I am almost done with my crew visa checklist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hit Girl in Baltimore, Maryland

29 months ago

I'm in:). Mine starts on Jan. 28th. Japanese speaker. See you guys there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chng in Sacramento, California

28 months ago

Hi all,
I'm in class 1303, Mandarin speaking. I'm having doubts though...being on reserve 24 hours scares me, does anyone know how scheduling would be like for speakers? Are we on reserve status as long as non-speakers? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Speedbird in Irvine, California

28 months ago

chng in Sacramento, California said: Hi all,
I'm in class 1303, Mandarin speaking. I'm having doubts though...being on reserve 24 hours scares me, does anyone know how scheduling would be like for speakers? Are we on reserve status as long as non-speakers? Thanks

I want to ask the same question as a Japanese speakers. I wonder where we will be based after training too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hit Girl in Baltimore, Maryland

28 months ago

Speedbird in Irvine, California said: I want to ask the same question as a Japanese speakers. I wonder where we will be based after training too.

Somebody said Houston but I hear Newark is international hub too. I really don't know. Colorado will start new direct flight to Narita from spring. SO I'm thinking can be anywhere...but we can always make request and wait if we get the base we don't like. At this point, I'm more scared if I can pass all the tests and training than base:(.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pinkcoffeecup42 in Yuma, Arizona

28 months ago

I'm in class 1305, starting February 18th and finishing March 21st. It's weird, though, since another woman who received the position on the same day I interviewed was given class 1303, so I don't know how they pick who goes when...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hit Girl in Baltimore, Maryland

28 months ago

pinkcoffeecup42 in Yuma, Arizona said: I'm in class 1305, starting February 18th and finishing March 21st. It's weird, though, since another woman who received the position on the same day I interviewed was given class 1303, so I don't know how they pick who goes when...

My intervew was 27th and we are all separated to Jan.(Japanese), Feb.(Chinese) and Mar.(non speaker) trainig.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hit Girl in Baltimore, Maryland

28 months ago

Hi, I have American passport but do we need to get any visa??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Evalyn Hsieh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

I got my itinerary for the training:)) anyone else is in class 1302? Email me and let's be friends:))
email: winnie3276@yahoo.com.tw

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pinkcoffeecup42 in Yuma, Arizona

28 months ago

Hit Girl in Baltimore, Maryland said: My intervew was 27th and we are all separated to Jan.(Japanese), Feb.(Chinese) and Mar.(non speaker) trainig.

That's so strange, though, because I'm a non-speaker, yet they still put me in February. Odd...

Does anyone know which bases are junior? I'm really hoping for Chicago. :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hit Girl in Baltimore, Maryland

28 months ago

pinkcoffeecup42 in Yuma, Arizona said: That's so strange, though, because I'm a non-speaker, yet they still put me in February. Odd...

Does anyone know which bases are junior? I'm really hoping for Chicago. :D

I don't think they've separated us for speaker or non speaker. Timing(when did we apply) and how short for what position for each month I guess...:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ChrisNC in Charlotte, North Carolina

28 months ago

Hey Everyone,

Is there anyone else on here attending CLASS 1303, February 4th, class?

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ChrisNC in Charlotte, North Carolina

28 months ago

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California said: What's your email? Maybe we can talk from there. I am in class 1303.

Hi there - Saw your postings, I will be in training class 1303 also. I'm Chris.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlightAttendant787 in Houston, Texas

28 months ago

pinkcoffeecup42 in Yuma, Arizona said: That's so strange, though, because I'm a non-speaker, yet they still put me in February. Odd...

Does anyone know which bases are junior? I'm really hoping for Chicago. :D

The flight attendant on my flight back from Houston told me that DC is a very junior base. I thought the interviewers told us Chicago is full, but I heard something else from a recent graduate. The most recent graduating classes were sent to San Fran, and Denver is a very senior base. That's all I know, however.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

betsy3927 in Athens, Georgia

28 months ago

I am in class 1306 starting at the end of februrary! Just had my interview last week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlightAttendant787 in Houston, Texas

28 months ago

betsy3927 in Athens, Georgia said: I am in class 1306 starting at the end of februrary! Just had my interview last week.

Betsy, we're in the same training class! Email me :) flightattendant787@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kduh in California

28 months ago

ChrisNC in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hey Everyone,

Is there anyone else on here attending CLASS 1303, February 4th, class?

Chris

Hey Chris - I'm Kyle. Class of 1303 as well! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ChrisNC in Charlotte, North Carolina

28 months ago

kduh in California said: Hey Chris - I'm Kyle. Class of 1303 as well! :)

HEY Kyle - Shoot me a mail if you want... I'm ChrisLaw1997@gmail.com

=)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pinkcoffeecup42 in Yuma, Arizona

28 months ago

FlightAttendant787 in Houston, Texas said: The flight attendant on my flight back from Houston told me that DC is a very junior base. I thought the interviewers told us Chicago is full, but I heard something else from a recent graduate. The most recent graduating classes were sent to San Fran, and Denver is a very senior base. That's all I know, however.

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. Man, I hope I don't go to San Fran. So expensive! >.<

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ST

28 months ago

betsy3927 in Athens, Georgia said: I am in class 1306 starting at the end of februrary! Just had my interview last week.

I am class 1306 too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Speedbird in Irvine, California

28 months ago

I have a questions for language speakers. I applied as a Japanese speaker and got invited to the class 1301. My interviewer or recruiter didn't tell me if I passed the language test or not. Did all of you guys got a language test result? I called UA and asked if I passed the test, but they said that they didn't have my file, but I probably passed it. I'm confused now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Flyme84

28 months ago

betsy3927 in Athens, Georgia said: I am in class 1306 starting at the end of februrary! Just had my interview last week.

I'm in class 1306 as well! I interviewed on Monday. Where you there the 10?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

J as in Juliet in Denver, Colorado

28 months ago

1) 1304
2) Feb 11

LOD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oneflyaway in Swisher, Iowa

28 months ago

Just got accepted yesterday for 1307!!!
Start date is March 4th and graduate April 4th!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ianfl33327 in Mystic, Connecticut

28 months ago

Evalyn Hsieh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I'm 1/14 :) anyone has the same date?

hi there i am also class 1301, here is my email if you would like to get in touch before training stars. ianfl33327@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ianfl33327 in Mystic, Connecticut

28 months ago

1301
starts 01/13/13
graduation 02/014/13

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bob15688 in Columbus, Ohio

28 months ago

I was wondering how long reserve is currently for denver, chicago, and newark. Does anyone know? Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ChrisNC in Charlotte, North Carolina

28 months ago

Does anyone know how far into training we are before we find out our base placements?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

J as in Juliet in Denver, Colorado

28 months ago

ChrisNC in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Does anyone know how far into training we are before we find out our base placements?

Thanks

I think 5 days notice.
ehhhhh.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

p_w in Elizabeth, New Jersey

28 months ago

ChrisNC in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Does anyone know how far into training we are before we find out our base placements?

Thanks

Usually after you pass the evacuation drills.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sole in Garnerville, New York

28 months ago

p_w in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Usually after you pass the evacuation drills.....

Where are the new hires going in general?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

p_w in Elizabeth, New Jersey

28 months ago

sole in Garnerville, New York said: Where are the new hires going in general?

I know the speakers are being based here in EWR. when I started only 3 bases were offered...CLE IAH and EWR and that was over a year ago. I just talked to my friend and she said SFO is where all the new hires are going. Some maybe going to ORD and IAD as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sole in Garnerville, New York

28 months ago

p_w in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: I know the speakers are being based here in EWR. when I started only 3 bases were offered...CLE IAH and EWR and that was over a year ago. I just talked to my friend and she said SFO is where all the new hires are going. Some maybe going to ORD and IAD as well.

Thanks that is helpful. I applied a long while ago and I think I probably applied as a speaker, but at this point I can't remember. lol. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

p_w in Elizabeth, New Jersey

28 months ago

sole in Garnerville, New York said: Thanks that is helpful. I applied a long while ago and I think I probably applied as a speaker, but at this point I can't remember. lol. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

No problem and Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Denver flight in Denver, Colorado

28 months ago

p_w in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: No problem and Good Luck!

Can you kinda tell us how the academy is? Success rate? Just in general.. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.