Continental United Flight Attendant Training Starting January 2013.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 716)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

ChrisNC in Charlotte, North Carolina

27 months ago

Awesome - Thanks for the feedback.

Have a nice Holiday.

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

p_w in Elizabeth, New Jersey

27 months ago

Denver flight in Denver, Colorado said: Can you kinda tell us how the academy is? Success rate? Just in general.. :)

Honestly..it's all in how bad you want it. My advise is just find a good study group, stay away from gossip and STAY focused. The success rates depends from class to class, there are some who lost up to 4 and there are some who lost up to 10.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joanne in Escondido, California

27 months ago

Hi everyone. I just had my interview on 17th Monday. I applied Chinese speaker. I'm a accepted then they send me a Envelope. Now I need to work on the crew visa. I use chinese passport but I have green card. Do have anyone know about crew visa? Am I need to apply to my self or the united airlines to apply for me ?

J as in Juliet in Denver, Colorado

27 months ago

Joanne in Escondido, California said: Hi everyone. I just had my interview on 17th Monday. I applied Chinese speaker. I'm a accepted then they send me a Envelope. Now I need to work on the crew visa. I use chinese passport but I have green card. Do have anyone know about crew visa? Am I need to apply to my self or the united airlines to apply for me ?

You have green card so you don't need visa for in/out to/from US but all other countries you have to research each one as a chinese passport holder and as a crew member. This info from a US immigration officer.

Joanne in Carlsbad, California

27 months ago

Hi J. Thank you so much. Do I need to apply and pay for my crew visa or united airlines pay for me?

WSusieW in Oregon

27 months ago

Joanne in Carlsbad, California said: Hi J. Thank you so much. Do I need to apply and pay for my crew visa or united airlines pay for me?

You are responsible for the fees. What class are you in? :)

27 months ago

My class is 1305. I don't think so I should pay for the work visa.

Fly2theMoon in Kentucky

27 months ago

Joanne in Carlsbad, California said: My class is 1305. I don't think so I should pay for the work visa.

I am sorry to tell you but you have to pay for your visas unless United had changed their policy. When I was offered CJO, I was told that it is my responsibility to get visa.
You might need crew visa, business visa or tourist visa, it all depends on the countries. I suggest you to start contacting to the Embassies on the list that you recived from United as soon as possible and save some money for visas. I have to apply for some visa as well and I need to pay from $100 to $200 each visas.
I hope this will help.
Good luck and see you in the sky!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Speedbird in Irvine, California

27 months ago

Fly2theMoon in Kentucky said: I am sorry to tell you but you have to pay for your visas unless United had changed their policy. When I was offered CJO, I was told that it is my responsibility to get visa.
You might need crew visa, business visa or tourist visa, it all depends on the countries. I suggest you to start contacting to the Embassies on the list that you recived from United as soon as possible and save some money for visas. I have to apply for some visa as well and I need to pay from $100 to $200 each visas.
I hope this will help.
Good luck and see you in the sky!!

I know that I'm supposed to figure out which country requires visa based on the sheet that United provided, but once I figure it out, will United apply for the visa once the training begins? Or should I apply myself?

27 months ago

Is there anyone who is in class 1305?

WSusieW in Oregon

27 months ago

Speedbird in Irvine, California said: I know that I'm supposed to figure out which country requires visa based on the sheet that United provided, but once I figure it out, will United apply for the visa once the training begins? Or should I apply myself?

You have to apply and pay for the fees.

27 months ago

You mine crew visa?

27 months ago

Do we need to pay for crew visa?

Ianfl33327 in Mystic, Connecticut

27 months ago

has anyone from class 1301 received the itinerary for training? i am still waiting for it and a bit anxious. thanks

Fly2theMoon in Kentucky

27 months ago

Joanne in Carlsbad, California said: Do we need to pay for crew visa?

Yes, we have to pay for crew visa. Some countries call it crew visa and some countries don't. Whatever you need to apply for, you have to pay for.
Hope this will help.....
Good luck!

FlyUA in Denver, Colorado

27 months ago

Ianfl33327 in Mystic, Connecticut said: has anyone from class 1301 received the itinerary for training? i am still waiting for it and a bit anxious. thanks

I am in 1301 also and havent gotten it yet! Hopefully soon! Im starting to get nervous

Me-Me-Me in California

27 months ago

FlyUA in Denver, Colorado said: I am in 1301 also and havent gotten it yet! Hopefully soon! Im starting to get nervous

1301 here and I haven't gotten mine either! I relieved I'm not the only one lol

Joanne in Lake Forest, California

27 months ago

Fly2theMoon in Kentucky said: Yes, we have to pay for crew visa. Some countries call it crew visa and some countries don't. Whatever you need to apply for, you have to pay for.
Hope this will help.....
Good luck!

Do you know how much will be charge crew visa for each county.

Fly2theMoon in Kentucky

27 months ago

Joanne in Lake Forest, California said: Do you know how much will be charge crew visa for each county.

You are going to have to contact to the each Embassy on the list or go to their website, because the visa fee is different depends on nationality of the passport. I wished I could have had answers for you.... Sorry.

Fly2theMoon in Kentucky

27 months ago

Fly2theMoon in Kentucky said: You are going to have to contact to the each Embassy on the list or go to their website, because the visa fee is different depends on nationality of the passport. I wished I could have had answers for you.... Sorry.

Oh, not all Embassy set the visa fee differently. I wanted to say SOME Embassies. My mistake....

WSusieW in Oregon

27 months ago

I have a question regarding the codes of conduct, for the watch that we are suppose to get, what exactly is a conservative business style? I never wore a watch before and the one i recently purchased is gold/white two tone watchband with small rhinestones embedded around the center. I am assuming this is unacceptable, but can anyone please provide some links as to what are the acceptable designs/styles? Thank you and happy new year <3

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chng in Sacramento, California

27 months ago

Do anyone know if speakers are only to be based in houston or newark? Were there any speakers sent to based in sfo?

airline brat in Olmsted Falls, Ohio

27 months ago

Does anyone know if CLE is still being offered as a base?

WSusieW in Oregon

27 months ago

airline brat in Olmsted Falls, Ohio said: Does anyone know if CLE is still being offered as a base?

Yes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Are there have anyone holding Chinese passport with green card?

27 months ago

chng in Sacramento, California said: Do anyone know if speakers are only to be based in houston or newark? Were there any speakers sent to based in sfo?

Speakers are based in EWR

27 months ago

p_w in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Speakers are based in EWR

Hi Elizabeth, do you know if on the wish list I request sfo, I might get to base in SFO even if I'm a speaker? I know it's a "wish list"...but really hoping for SFO, and with more Asia flights flying out of SFO, I'm still hoping there is a chance to be based in SFO.

Tara in Elmhurst, New York

27 months ago

Joanne in Carlsbad, California said: Are there have anyone holding Chinese passport with green card?

Here I am, which class r u in? I'm in 1303, Email me dawn-min@hotmail.com let's share what we got so far

hopeful flight attendant in dallas, Texas

27 months ago

WSusieW in Oregon said: I have a question regarding the codes of conduct, for the watch that we are suppose to get, what exactly is a conservative business style? I never wore a watch before and the one i recently purchased is gold/white two tone watchband with small rhinestones embedded around the center. I am assuming this is unacceptable, but can anyone please provide some links as to what are the acceptable designs/styles? Thank you and happy new year <3

I'm confused about this, too. I recently bought a watch, but according to their guidelines, it's not acceptable because of the color. Won't watches be rarely seen under our uniforms? I'm concerned about these very particular dress requirements because according to them, I must now buy a new watch, new jeans, new socks, and a belt on top of buying enough business casual clothing to last through training :( I just graduated, so I don't have a large excess of money saved from a previous career, and I don't have much business casual clothing. i saved money from jobs during college, and im working part-time to save for relocation, but I wasnt expecting to have to buy things I already have but cannot use :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Ianfl33327 in Mystic, Connecticut said: has anyone from class 1301 received the itinerary for training? i am still waiting for it and a bit anxious. thanks

Do you receive the itinerary only after sending in the $100?

WSusieW in Oregon

27 months ago

hopeful flight attendant in dallas, Texas said: I'm confused about this, too. I recently bought a watch, but according to their guidelines, it's not acceptable because of the color. Won't watches be rarely seen under our uniforms? I'm concerned about these very particular dress requirements because according to them, I must now buy a new watch, new jeans, new socks, and a belt on top of buying enough business casual clothing to last through training :( I just graduated, so I don't have a large excess of money saved from a previous career, and I don't have much business casual clothing. i saved money from jobs during college, and im working part-time to save for relocation, but I wasnt expecting to have to buy things I already have but cannot use :(

May I ask which class you are in? Do you mind sharing emails to go over their codes of conduct? :)

27 months ago

WSusieW in Oregon said: May I ask which class you are in? Do you mind sharing emails to go over their codes of conduct? :)

Email me: forindeed90@gmail.com :)

27 months ago

hopeful flight attendant in dallas, Texas said: I'm confused about this, too. I recently bought a watch, but according to their guidelines, it's not acceptable because of the color. Won't watches be rarely seen under our uniforms? I'm concerned about these very particular dress requirements because according to them, I must now buy a new watch, new jeans, new socks, and a belt on top of buying enough business casual clothing to last through training :( I just graduated, so I don't have a large excess of money saved from a previous career, and I don't have much business casual clothing. i saved money from jobs during college, and im working part-time to save for relocation, but I wasnt expecting to have to buy things I already have but cannot use :(

Training is businesses casual...and as for watches you can get a watch from Wal-Mart that has military time. It doesn't have to be anything expensive.

27 months ago

Business casual is slacks, button up shirts, sweaters, skirts or dresses. Nothing fancy....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aeli in Vallejo, California

27 months ago

Hit Girl in Baltimore, Maryland said: My intervew was 27th and we are all separated to Jan.( Japanese ), Feb.( Chinese ) and Mar.(non speaker) trainig.

hi,
anyone could answer: for the speaker interview, they will def test your language skill the same day if you want you right? so if you didn't test it the same day, thats a sign of not selected? tks!

Evalyn Hsieh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

27 months ago

Aeli in Vallejo, California said: hi,
anyone could answer: for the speaker interview, they will def test your language skill the same day if you want you right? so if you didn't test it the same day, thats a sign of not selected? tks!

Some people still get rejected if they pass the language test. But sure if you're a native speaker, you'll be fine:) good luck!

27 months ago

Evalyn Hsieh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Some people still get rejected if they pass the language test. But sure if you're a native speaker, you'll be fine:) good luck!

If they don't *

Excuse my typing.

Hit Girl in Baltimore, Maryland

27 months ago

Aeli in Vallejo, California said: hi,

Yes, they don't normaly give the language test if you didn't pass the 2nd interview. There were 3 speakers who didn't get to take the test and they didn't make it.

Ianfl33327 in Mystic, Connecticut

27 months ago

For those of us who are going to be in class 1301, i received a call after leaving a message asking about the itinerary and i was told that not until January 8 will be receiving the itinerary for training. So if you have not receive any info yet, do not worry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flynoodle in Taipei, Taiwan

27 months ago

Ianfl33327 in Mystic, Connecticut said: For those of us who are going to be in class 1301, i received a call after leaving a message asking about the itinerary and i was told that not until January 8 will be receiving the itinerary for training. So if you have not receive any info yet, do not worry.

Thank you Lanfl for letting us know :) I was about to contact them regarding such issue.

27 months ago

Hi everyone,
I'm working on the documents required to be send it, but I do not find links to forms that we are required to filled out, can someone help me? The checklist said all of documents are located on the website, but I can not find it. I need documents for background investiatgaion, fair credit reporting actt, fingerprint information sheet etc.

J as in Juliet in Denver, Colorado

27 months ago

chng in Sacramento, California said: Hi everyone,
I'm working on the documents required to be send it, but I do not find links to forms that we are required to filled out, can someone help me? The checklist said all of documents are located on the website, but I can not find it. I need documents for background investiatgaion, fair credit reporting actt, fingerprint information sheet etc.

Have you received a letter from Senior Mgr?

"Dear Flight attendant candidate,
Congratulations on being selected to attend the united initial flight attendant training program!"

The URL in this letter. This letter was in the small envelope.

27 months ago

I cannot find the link to background investigation worksheets. I did receive an envelope with a letter, I went to the url on the letter, it gives me directions on preparing for the training but I do not see links for the forms I need to mail in.

Denver flight in Denver, Colorado

27 months ago

chng in Sacramento, California said: I cannot find the link to background investigation worksheets. I did receive an envelope with a letter, I went to the url on the letter, it gives me directions on preparing for the training but I do not see links for the forms I need to mail in.

It's the last tab that says administration. There's a link inside there that is clearly marked background worksheet. :)

27 months ago

Denver flight in Denver, Colorado said: It's the last tab that says administration. There's a link inside there that is clearly marked background worksheet. :)

Thank you! it's weird, I swear it wasn't there the first few times i went on, but now it's there, i think i had to get a newer version of adobe reader. Thank you!

WSusieW in Oregon

27 months ago

p_w in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Business casual is slacks, button up shirts, sweaters, skirts or dresses. Nothing fancy....

Hi P_W, Could you explain the reserve system? I believe I read the contract and its 1 on 1 off, Im not sure if thats correct. Thank you!

27 months ago

Flynoodle in Taipei, Taiwan said: Thank you Lanfl for letting us know :) I was about to contact them regarding such issue.

hey im taiwanese too :)

27 months ago

chng in Sacramento, California said: hey im taiwanese too :)

OMG meeeed too!!! What classes are you guys in??

27 months ago

Me* :p

Flynoodle in Taipei, Taiwan

27 months ago

Evalyn Hsieh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: OMG meeeed too!!! What classes are you guys in??

I'm in 1301~ see u all soon :)

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.