Continental United Flight Attendant Training Starting January 2013.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 717)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

SuperFly in Cincinnati, Ohio

18 months ago

Hi,

I officially found out today that I'm in class 1308 and start march 11.

Can anyone that's already started or starting soon tell me about the proceedure for the physical and any tests (stand and reach etc) that we have to do? Did they send u something so u can get it done in your home city or what? Also when is this fingerprinting supposed to happen? I thought they'd do it after the interview but they didnt... Thanks for any help!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FA in Chicago, Illinois

18 months ago

SuperFly in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Hi,

I officially found out today that I'm in class 1308 and start march 11.

Can anyone that's already started or starting soon tell me about the proceedure for the physical and any tests (stand and reach etc) that we have to do? Did they send u something so u can get it done in your home city or what? Also when is this fingerprinting supposed to happen? I thought they'd do it after the interview but they didnt... Thanks for any help!!!!

yayy SuperFly we're in the same class... what's your email would love to chat!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SuperFly in Cincinnati, Ohio

18 months ago

FA in Chicago, Illinois said: yayy SuperFly we're in the same class... what's your email would love to chat!

Hiii!!! Exciting... My email is superfly1453@gmail.com. Lets talk!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Houston Ryan in Pharr, Texas

18 months ago

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California said: No, I'm sorry I don't.
LAX was and possibly still is a UA only Base.
I do know they have added it as a CO pilots base.
If they have added it as a CO F/A base I think it would be about the same as SFO.

To clarify a little to my previous post. Some of the bases are still strictly UA or CO. So depending on which side of the house you're on you would not be able to get to the others base. That will all change to integrated in the future.

There were 3 bases at S CO. Houston, Cleveland, and Newark. They are all fully staffed.

The 5 bases that were originally S UA bases are now flying some S Continental aircraft because of some aircraft redeployment being done by the airline for multiple reasons. Since the contracts state that each subsidiary can't fly on each others equipment, this created the need to establish "satellite bases" for continental crews at those 5 bases. They filled the spots first by asking people to transfer. This is how denver and Los Angeles filled up quickly. Continental had people based there many years ago and they were forced to move when those bases closed down. So there were many people excited to transfer back. That leaves a need for Chicago, San Francisco and DC. I heard that Chicago was full as well. And let me stress, I don't represent united. I just have a close friend that works there and this is how he explained it to me. I thought I'd passit along if it could be helpful to anyone. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pinkcoffeecup42 in Yuma, Arizona

18 months ago

Houston Ryan in Pharr, Texas said:

This goes with what I've heard too. They asked me about base preferences, and I said, "I'd love Denver or DC." And the guy told me, "Well, DC is a better possibility."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

J as in Juliet in Denver, Colorado

18 months ago

1301 1/14
1302 1/28
1303 2/4
1304 2/11
1305 2/18
1306 2/25
1307 3/4
1308 3/11

so far?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WorldTraveler in Plainsboro, New Jersey

18 months ago

Any more class after March? I hope so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hwk in Maryland

18 months ago

1306 anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sunshine in Elmhurst, New York

18 months ago

WorldTraveler in Plainsboro, New Jersey said: Any more class after March? I hope so.

I heard ppl having interview on feb, so I guess yes, there r more class after march

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Flyme84 in Sacramento, California

18 months ago

hwk in Maryland said: 1306 anyone?

Yes sir. There are quite a few of us on here. What's your email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hopeful flight attendant in dallas, Texas

18 months ago

hwk in Maryland said: 1306 anyone?

Me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hwk in Maryland

18 months ago

hwk in Maryland said: 1306 anyone?

What is everyone's email in 1306?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wingz2Fly in Orlando, Florida

18 months ago

What about class 1307? Anyone here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlygrlMCO in Orlando, Florida

18 months ago

Wingz2Fly in Orlando, Florida said: What about class 1307? Anyone here?

Yea! 1307! I'm ready to go now! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wingz2Fly in Orlando, Florida

18 months ago

FlygrlMCO in Orlando, Florida said: Yea! 1307! I'm ready to go now! :)

Cool! me too! do you know of anyone else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Flyme84

18 months ago

hwk in Maryland said: What is everyone's email in 1306?

Give me yours and I'll add you to a group that's emailing back and forth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Steven in Seattle, Washington

18 months ago

Flyme84 said: Give me yours and I'll add you to a group that's emailing back and forth

I wanna be apart of this group! (I don't think I am?) steven.thompson[at]outlook.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Houston, Texas

18 months ago

is anyone going to be in class 1308 starting 3/11?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FA23 in Chicago

18 months ago

Scott in Houston, Texas said: is anyone going to be in class 1308 starting 3/11?

Hey Scott I am! A few of us have connected on fb, what's your email so we can chat?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Houston, Texas

18 months ago

FA23 in Chicago said: Hey Scott I am! A few of us have connected on fb, what's your email so we can chat?

Hey there! it's jon.s.little@gmail.com .

i'm looking forward to hearing from you!!!! ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SuperFly in Washington, District of Columbia

18 months ago

I'm in 1308 and we have a little group of five ppl on FB. email me superfly1453@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BrookeGRL525 in Glenside, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

I'm also in 1308! Anyone else in 1308 feel free to email me at BrookeGRL525@aol.com =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joanne in Carlsbad, California

18 months ago

Anyone is 1305

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SFOFlyer in San Francisco, California

18 months ago

Joanne in Carlsbad, California said: Anyone is 1305

I am!! My email is smelloy415@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SFOFlyer in San Francisco, California

18 months ago

Does anybody in training now have any practical advice for those of us coming to training in the next few weeks? I don't want any details of training as that would jeopardize both of our positions but I would love recommendations for restaurants (preferably not chains) for dinner and days off, dry cleaners, laundromats, etc. Also if there is anything you recommend we pack that may not be obvious i would appreciate knowing about that.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shoot for the Sky in Massachusetts

18 months ago

I applied applied for the United FA position this Sunday and immediately received an email that my app is being forwarded to HR. Anyone else in the same situation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MissDarWeeny in Woodstock, Georgia

18 months ago

Hiii!!!
1309
March 18, 2013 (Two days after my bday! I'll be 25!)
April 18, 2013
Anyone else gonna be in my class!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joanne in Carlsbad, California

18 months ago

SFOFlyer in San Francisco, California said: I am!! My email is smelloy415@gmail.com

I'm in class 1305. My email is joanne924@att.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fly man

17 months ago

Does anyone know when or if they test on airport codes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fly man

17 months ago

Shoot for the Sky in Massachusetts said: I applied applied for the United FA position this Sunday and immediately received an email that my app is being forwarded to HR. Anyone else in the same situation?

That's the case with anyone who applies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

the flyer in queens, New York

17 months ago

J as in Juliet in Denver, Colorado said: 1301 1/14
1302 1/28
1303 2/4
1304 2/11
1305 2/18
1306 2/25
1307 3/4
1308 3/11

so far?


1309. 3/18

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cfly in minneapolis, Minnesota

17 months ago

I'm going to interview on Feb 18-2013. Anybody else going? Can anyone advise on their training situation- how many people to a room, refrig, access to groc? Thanks Much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cfly in minneapolis, Minnesota

17 months ago

Also, any idea if these new hirings are under United or Cont for the present time, until integration? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Denver flight in Denver, Colorado

17 months ago

cfly in minneapolis, Minnesota said: Also, any idea if these new hirings are under United or Cont for the present time, until integration? Thanks.

Continental

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

UAhopeful in Fort Dodge, Iowa

17 months ago

I applied yesterday and then got 2 emails one saying they got my ap and then a few hours later got one saying it was being forwarded on to inflight recruiting. Hopefully this is a good sign! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyAwayWithMe in Chillicothe, Illinois

17 months ago

I applied yesterday and then got 2 emails one saying they got my ap and then a few hours later got one saying it was being forwarded on to inflight recruiting. Hopefully this is a good sign! :)

I got that too, I really hope we get an email informing us when are interview dates are!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cfly in minneapolis, Minnesota

17 months ago

Yes, that's a good sign. Took me 4 days altogether from online ap to interview date email. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

UAhopeful in Fort Dodge, Iowa

17 months ago

FlyAwayWithMe in Chillicothe, Illinois said: I applied yesterday and then got 2 emails one saying they got my ap and then a few hours later got one saying it was being forwarded on to inflight recruiting. Hopefully this is a good sign! :)

I got that too, I really hope we get an email informing us when are interview dates are!

I really hope we get the next emails! Im really excited! Awesome cfly! Hopefully ill get to join you on the 18th!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cat Laz in Foothill Ranch, California

17 months ago

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California said: No, I'm sorry I don't.
LAX was and possibly still is a UA only Base.
I do know they have added it as a CO pilots base.
If they have added it as a CO F/A base I think it would be about the same as SFO.

To clarify a little to my previous post. Some of the bases are still strictly UA or CO. So depending on which side of the house you're on you would not be able to get to the others base. That will all change to integrated in the future.

Just FYI for those of you wondering about LAX being a subsidiary COntinental base. I can CONFIRM for you that it is. I am SUAL based there, and there definitely is a SCon base in LAX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SuperFly in Cincinnati, Ohio

17 months ago

Cat Laz in Foothill Ranch, California said: Just FYI for those of you wondering about LAX being a subsidiary COntinental base. I can CONFIRM for you that it is. I am SUAL based there, and there definitely is a SCon base in LAX

YEs they told us at the info session we could be placed at any of these eight bases: Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Denver, LA, DC, San Francisco, or Newark. They also told us, however, that pretty much all of those are full except DC, Chicago and SF. and many of the new hires are being sent to SF because that's where they need the most people right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cat Laz in Foothill Ranch, California

17 months ago

WSusieW in Oregon said: Thanks for the information. Do you know anything about LAX? whether is senior for UA and CO?

Senior for Sual. Am hearing junior for Scon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cat Laz in Foothill Ranch, California

17 months ago

SuperFly in Cincinnati, Ohio said: YEs they told us at the info session we could be placed at any of these eight bases: Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Denver, LA, DC, San Francisco, or Newark. They also told us, however, that pretty much all of those are full except DC, Chicago and SF. and many of the new hires are being sent to SF because that's where they need the most people right now.

Yes and SfO is an expensive city. Not many established FAs desiring to move there. Good if they already live there and have been commuting though

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SuperFly in Cincinnati, Ohio

17 months ago

Cat Laz in Foothill Ranch, California said: Yes and SfO is an expensive city. Not many established FAs desiring to move there. Good if they already live there and have been commuting though

Yeah. It's a bummer. I grew up in the bay area and one of the reasons I haven't gone back is the outrageous cost of living... Fun city but going to be tough on 18 grand a year.. I'm praying for Chicago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

J as in Juliet in Denver, Colorado

17 months ago

UAhopeful in Fort Dodge, Iowa said: I really hope we get the next emails! Im really excited! Awesome cfly! Hopefully ill get to join you on the 18th!

I recommend: go to other forums then coming back to here after CJO!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chng in Sacramento, California

17 months ago

Can anyone please tell me if there are any speakers based in SFO? I know right out of training speakers are exclusively based in Neward, but is it possible to be transferred to SFO even if you applied for speaker position? Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

the flyer in queens, New York

17 months ago

What is a speaker?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fly man in Seattle, Washington

17 months ago

the flyer in queens, New York said: What is a speaker?

Someone who speaks a language in addition to English.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

starcool G in DC, American Samoa

17 months ago

chng in Sacramento, California said: Hi all,
I'm in class 1303, Mandarin speaking. I'm having doubts though...being on reserve 24 hours scares me, does anyone know how scheduling would be like for speakers? Are we on reserve status as long as non-speakers? Thanks

hi chng do you have email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

starcool G in DC, American Samoa

17 months ago

KC former FA in Kaneohe, Hawaii said: Your welcome guys and gals. Good luck. :)

1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chng in Sacramento, California

17 months ago

starcool G in DC, American Samoa said: hi chng do you have email?

hmm. sure, it's :

weiweichng0216@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.