papaya in null

14 months ago

Start it off park ave lol

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

phoenix22 in Brooklyn, New York

14 months ago

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO.
I LOVE WHEN MISS PARK AVE SPEAKS. YOU HAVE GIVEN ALOT OF CREDIBLE INFO TO US SO FAR. I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS NEW FORUM.
HATS OFF TO U DOLL FACE

Reply - Report abuse

AshStacks in Atlanta, Georgia

14 months ago

This is my 2nd time applying for Delta. I made it to the f2f in Dec. 2014 and unfortunately did not get the job. I would have applied again sooner but I took a job as a favor to my friend and promised her at least a year of my services. Now, a year and a half later I'm ready to fly.

I have lots of friends who are flight attendants, 3 in particular who work for Delta. All of them told me to keep a smile on my face during the f2f, which I did, but I'm almost positive it came off as inauthentic because of my RBF. I'm staying positive in knowing that I made it to the f2f last time and I will make it again. This time when I go I'm going to be true to myself and smile when I mean it, not because I feel forced to. I know that despite my defective RBF, my true, authentic happy self shows through when I'm being my true self.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reply - Report abuse

Rockstarmami in Tampa, Florida

14 months ago

Hopeful newbie here, I'm happy Park Ave started a new thread. The previous threads have gone down in negative flames!

Good luck all!

Reply - Report abuse

dreamteamflyer in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

So I saw that you, park ave, posted that the criteria and selection process is different now.

Is there anything you can tell us that doesn't happen as previously before? Don't have to tell us what it is like now but rather than what it once was and where to expect the difference.

I won't chomp my bits if you won't answer that :)

Reply - Report abuse

park ave stewardess in Park Ave, New York

14 months ago

AshStacks in Atlanta, Georgia said: This is my 2nd time applying for Delta. I made it to the f2f in Dec. 2014 and unfortunately did not get the job. I would have applied again sooner but I took a job as a favor to my friend and promised her at least a year of my services. Now, a year and a half later I'm ready to fly.

I have lots of friends who are flight attendants, 3 in particular who work for Delta. All of them told me to keep a smile on my face during the f2f, which I did, but I'm almost positive it came off as inauthentic because of my RBF. I'm staying positive in knowing that I made it to the f2f last time and I will make it again. This time when I go I'm going to be true to myself and smile when I mean it, not because I feel forced to. I know that despite my defective RBF, my true, authentic happy self shows through when I'm being my true self.

Best of luck to everyone!

What is RBF?

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

dreamteamflyer in Los Angeles, California said: So I saw that you, park ave, posted that the criteria and selection process is different now.

Is there anything you can tell us that doesn't happen as previously before? Don't have to tell us what it is like now but rather than what it once was and where to expect the difference.

I won't chomp my bits if you won't answer that :)

There are reasons why Delta changed the process. From word of mouth (take it with a grain of salt), and noticing my systemwide seniority increased a fair amount, quite a few of those in probation didn't work out for Delta. Also, a percentage of those people resigned. They resigned because they couldn't make ends meet with the starting salary. The first two months are financially challenging. But, if you can overcome that, you should be fine. Start saving now.

The two important elements of the Video/F2F is your STAR. I've stressed this numerous times. Choose your best STAR. The story you tell will show them the person you are. Secondly, be the brand and exude the Delta style. Be well spoken, be sincere and kind to others in your interview. Those characteristics will make you stand out from the pack. I wish you the best of luck.

Reply - Report abuse

dreamteamflyer in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

park ave stewardess in Park Ave, New York said: There are reasons why Delta changed the process. From word of mouth (take it with a grain of salt), and noticing my systemwide seniority increased a fair amount, quite a few of those in probation didn't work out for Delta. Also, a percentage of those people resigned. They resigned because they couldn't make ends meet with the starting salary. The first two months are financially challenging. But, if you can overcome that, you should be fine. Start saving now.

The two important elements of the Video/F2F is your STAR. I've stressed this numerous times. Choose your best STAR. The story you tell will show them the person you are. Secondly, be the brand and exude the Delta style. Be well spoken, be sincere and kind to others in your interview. Those characteristics will make you stand out from the pack. I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you. I've been trying to think of the best scenarios for STAR. I'm glad to have you on these forums!

Reply - Report abuse

AshStacks in Atlanta, Georgia

14 months ago

park ave stewardess in Park Ave, New York said: What is RBF?

It's your everyday case of resting b**** face. The lower quadrant of my face is not very good at looking approachable. There is a lot of smiling that happens with my eyes because of this.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

dreamteamflyer in Los Angeles, California said: Thank you. I've been trying to think of the best scenarios for STAR. I'm glad to have you on these forums!

STAR is very important, which is why your not being clocked. They want details and specifics to your STAR. It's also important not to ramble. Speak fluidly and keep them interested in your story. Hit the important points of your STAR and tell your story. If ever you see any of them stop taking notes, you've lost their interest. The great thing about the F2F is that there isn't a lot of eye contact between your recruiters about yourself. It's just you sitting in a chair, telling a story, as they take notes and occasionally stare up at you from time to time. It's very relaxed.

Reply - Report abuse

AMF in Fort Myers, Florida

14 months ago

DO they ever hire older applicants over 50 or do they tend to mostly hire younger people? Thanks

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

The eldest who come out of training was 62. He graduated this past May 2016. They do recruit age groups in the 40 and 50 categories, but these people are few. For example, in my class, there was about 3-4 people in their 50's and another 4-5 in their 40's. Some came from other airlines, some were internals who were already employed by Delta, and the rest were people fresh of the streets. The ratio of those in their 20-30's is far more than those in their 40-60's, which explains why there are far more people in their 20-30's offered CJO's.

Reply - Report abuse

Looking to fly in Windermere, Florida

14 months ago

park ave stewardess in Park Ave, New York said: The eldest who come out of training was 62. He graduated this past May 2016. They do recruit age groups in the 40 and 50 categories, but these people are few. For example, in my class, there was about 3-4 people in their 50's and another 4-5 in their 40's. Some came from other airlines, some were internals who were already employed by Delta, and the rest were people fresh of the streets. The ratio of those in their 20-30's is far more than those in their 40-60's, which explains why there are far more people in their 20-30's offered CJO's.

Are you saying that it is more difficult to get a CJO if you are in the "older" categories?

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Looking to fly in Windermere, Florida said: Are you saying that it is more difficult to get a CJO if you are in the "older" categories?

Yes and No. I've had my share of conversation about this topic will all age groups. Here's what "some" think. An older person is usually, for the most part, is settled, has family, and have obligations, whereas, someone young is free, no obligations and willing to relocate and explore. Here's the flip side of the coin, it's the younger group that mess up during probation and older group has it together. In my opinion, it's not difficult for someone older to get a CJO. The older group, that I've seen come out of training, at least for me speaking, look awesome. They seem to be financially secure and physically, look great!

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

park ave stewardess in Park Ave, New York said: Yes and No. I've had my share of conversation about this topic will all age groups. Here's what "some" think. An older person is usually, for the most part, is settled, has family, and have obligations, whereas, someone young is free, no obligations and willing to relocate and explore. Here's the flip side of the coin, it's the younger group that mess up during probation and older group has it together. In my opinion, it's not difficult for someone older to get a CJO. The older group, that I've seen come out of training, at least for me speaking, look awesome. They seem to be financially secure and physically, look great!

This is good to hear! I'm the in 40's range and as for me personally I'm settled yes and I have a family however my children are almost all grown or at least will be 18 or older by the time training rolls around (I started young)! This will make it easier for me to relocate etc! I just want to make sure that the age range at which I am in is not limited although it may be more fierce competition

Reply - Report abuse

drypickles11 in Atlanta, Georgia

14 months ago

I have a question about beards and if I should shave it off in the event that I receive a video interview. It's not a Santa Claus or Duck Dynasty beard but more of a neatly trimmed stubble beard.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

drypickles11 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have a question about beards and if I should shave it off in the event that I receive a video interview. It's not a Santa Claus or Duck Dynasty beard but more of a neatly trimmed stubble beard.

Beards are allowed. In fact, a lot of guys are wearing beards. In training, guys had them so they wouldn't have to shave every day. All they did was do a quick maintenance trim. The rule is that the beard has to be fully grown and not in the process of being grown out. Whichever is comfortable for you is fine, clean shaven or a fully grown beard.

Reply - Report abuse

Zappin in SIC, New York

14 months ago

drypickles11 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have a question about beards and if I should shave it off in the event that I receive a video interview. It's not a Santa Claus or Duck Dynasty beard but more of a neatly trimmed stubble beard.

The official facial hair standard says this: • Beards must be neatly trimmed and fully-grown and must be at least ¼
inch, but not more than one inch long.

So I would say go with the style guidelines... I wish I could shave mine down to a stubble because it looks a lot better and my skin breaks out when I clean shave my face but just need to do it I guess.

Reply - Report abuse

drypickles11 in Atlanta, Georgia

14 months ago

Zappin in SIC, New York said: The official facial hair standard says this: • Beards must be neatly trimmed and fully-grown and must be at least ¼
inch, but not more than one inch long.

So I would say go with the style guidelines... I wish I could shave mine down to a stubble because it looks a lot better and my skin breaks out when I clean shave my face but just need to do it I guess.

I have the same issue with my skin when I shave my beard all off too which is why I'm glad to know I don't have to do it. It's fully grown and I just keep it neat and maintained.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

drypickles11 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have the same issue with my skin when I shave my beard all off too which is why I'm glad to know I don't have to do it. It's fully grown and I just keep it neat and maintained.

Now all you need to consider is your outfit. Go by way of conservative; not politician conservative, but more tailored and fit. Delta has a floor dedicated to ensuring your uniform is a signature fit to you physique.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Out of curiosity, let's say DAL is hiring 1800 FA's for January 2017 training (not sure if that is the exact number or not), how many will be LOD vs Non-LOD? Or do they hire the LOD separately from non-LOD?

Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Looking to fly in Windermere, Florida said: Out of curiosity, let's say DAL is hiring 1800 FA's for January 2017 training (not sure if that is the exact number or not), how many will be LOD vs Non-LOD? Or do they hire the LOD separately from non-LOD?

LOD is a very small fraction compare to NON-LOD. LOD's have already passed the language screening prior to the F2F. Both LOD and NON-LOD may also interview together in ATL. However, once in training, LOD's may have to relocate to a base that isn't offered to the NON-LOD's.

Reply - Report abuse

GalaxyFA in Rahway, New Jersey

13 months ago

I already completed my online application but I saw that the Non-LOD position was taken down. Is that temporary or did Delta receive enough applicants.My friend wanted to apply too. I'm assuming she missed her chance.

Reply - Report abuse

Kaila H in California

13 months ago

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. This is my second time applying to Delta. The first time I made it all the way to the f2f and I did not get selected. It was my first Airline- FA interview and I kind of just winged it.

I am currently a FA or a mainline carrier and I am looking to go to Delta.

I told myself I'd get my feet wet in the industry and try again! And, here I am one year later.

Best of luck y'all.

BTW I just completed my online application (fully submitted which took several hours) today August 3.

Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

GalaxyFA in Rahway, New Jersey said: I already completed my online application but I saw that the Non-LOD position was taken down. Is that temporary or did Delta receive enough applicants.My friend wanted to apply too. I'm assuming she missed her chance.

Delta will reopen under a new requisition number in a few weeks. Things are done differently this year.

Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Kaila H in California said: Hello All,

I am new to this forum. This is my second time applying to Delta. The first time I made it all the way to the f2f and I did not get selected. It was my first Airline- FA interview and I kind of just winged it.

I am currently a FA or a mainline carrier and I am looking to go to Delta.

I told myself I'd get my feet wet in the industry and try again! And, here I am one year later.

Best of luck y'all.

BTW I just completed my online application (fully submitted which took several hours) today August 3.

Which airline are you flying for?

Reply - Report abuse

Kaila H in California

13 months ago

park ave stewardess in Park Ave, New York said: Which airline are you flying for?

Just to be safe. I'd rather not say. Did you apply yet ?

Reply - Report abuse

Kelley in Cary, North Carolina

13 months ago

I'm still waiting!

Reply - Report abuse

VinoFlowers in Atlanta, Georgia

13 months ago

Kelley in Cary, North Carolina said: I'm still waiting!

Gah! Hopefully they send it soon

Reply - Report abuse

Kayla in Whittier, California

13 months ago

Still waiting.. hope to get an email soon.

Reply - Report abuse

noquit in Renton, Washington

13 months ago

Hi everyone! I just finished my application for Mandarin LOD and submitted the assessment this morning. Completely newbie to the field. Considering a career change and/or second career. Hope to hear back from them soon.

Reply - Report abuse

AuntBB in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

13 months ago

I applied to Delta on 7/21 and received the invitation for the one-sided interview this morning. I'm so nervous! Has anyone taken it yet? I apparently bombed a United video interview because I almost immediately received a "thanks but no thanks" letter so I don't know what to think since I thought I did really well and felt comfortable.

Reply - Report abuse

halodreaming in San Diego, California

13 months ago

I'm still waiting too lol
Applied 7/19
Heard they are going in alphabetical order
The ended with G today :/
Hopefully on Monday we will hear something!

Reply - Report abuse

VinoFlowers in Atlanta, Georgia

13 months ago

Anybody on here applying with "non compliant" tattoos? (I.e. neck, forearm, wrist) If so, what are your plans if asked at the interview?

Reply - Report abuse

KathBara in Boston, Massachusetts

13 months ago

VinoFlowers in Atlanta, Georgia said: Anybody on here applying with "non compliant" tattoos? (I.e. neck, forearm, wrist) If so, what are your plans if asked at the interview?

BE HONEST! The worst thing you can do is lie. My friend is a Delta FA and he has tattoos up and down his right arm. All he needs to do is wear long sleeves to be in compliance.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Reply - Report abuse

Lime in California

13 months ago

VinoFlowers in Atlanta, Georgia said: Anybody on here applying with "non compliant" tattoos? (I.e. neck, forearm, wrist) If so, what are your plans if asked at the interview?

would like to know what you think you can do.

Reply - Report abuse

Hope for wings in East Brunswick, New Jersey

13 months ago

Hi everyone,

I applied for the non-bilingual flight attendant position on July 22 via a referral from a Delta pilot. I completed all of the requested paperwork/assessments.

I have been trying to be patient and not check my account too much but I have noticed it has been archived with the "under review" status. I think it's been like that for a while.
My referral does not show up anywhere either. There are no referrals found under any of the tabs or the "I was referred" section.

So, two things....I see mixed thoughts on this, but what is the general belief as to what archived under review means?
Also, since the referral can't be found does that mean it wasnt applied to my application?

I've spent 20 years working as a pediatric nurse and now a teacher. I think I have what Delta is looking for, but who knows????

Reply - Report abuse

VinoFlowers in Acworth, Georgia

13 months ago

Lime in California said: would like to know what you think you can do.

not sure. that's why I'm asking. Do you have input on the subject?

Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

KathBara in Boston, Massachusetts said: BE HONEST! The worst thing you can do is lie. My friend is a Delta FA and he has tattoos up and down his right arm. All he needs to do is wear long sleeves to be in compliance.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Thanks!

Reply - Report abuse

destiny2fly in Miami, Florida

13 months ago

Do you have any visible tattoos yes or no?

Reply - Report abuse

destiny2fly in Miami, Florida

13 months ago

Hope for wings in East Brunswick, New Jersey said: Hi everyone,

I applied for the non-bilingual flight attendant position on July 22 via a referral from a Delta pilot. I completed all of the requested paperwork/assessments.

I have been trying to be patient and not check my account too much but I have noticed it has been archived with the "under review" status. I think it's been like that for a while.
My referral does not show up anywhere either. There are no referrals found under any of the tabs or the "I was referred" section.

So, two things....I see mixed thoughts on this, but what is the general belief as to what archived under review means?
Also, since the referral can't be found does that mean it wasnt applied to my application?

I've spent 20 years working as a pediatric nurse and now a teacher. I think I have what Delta is looking for, but who knows????

Don't stress out about that, if you aren't in the running still you'd have received a TBNT email...the person who referred you can see if you were referred. Just ask them to look in ebids and they can confirm for you.

Reply - Report abuse

Hope for wings in East Brunswick, New Jersey

13 months ago

destiny2fly in Miami, Florida said: Don't stress out about that, if you aren't in the running still you'd have received a TBNT email...the person who referred you can see if you were referred. Just ask them to look in ebids and they can confirm for you.

Thank you for your response. I know he received confirmation that the referral went thru, I'm just wondering if I didn't use the link Delta sent me. I'm almost certain I did, but now questioning it. There were some technical issues when he put the referral in. I know I started the app after he and I both received confirmation emails, but, again, not sure if I was able to use the link.

If I didn't use the link, would he referral still be connected to my app via my name, email address etc????

Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

destiny2fly in Miami, Florida said: Do you have any visible tattoos yes or no?

Yes

Reply - Report abuse

Lime in California

13 months ago

VinoFlowers in Acworth, Georgia said: not sure. that's why I'm asking. Do you have input on the subject?

Sure, I guess you can do one of two things:

1: Lie. Try to cover it up, however you can. There is no way around it though, you are lying on your application if you do this. They even show a very clear video in the video interview and you have to answer the question Yes or no about if you have a visible tattoo. They ask again in the f2f interview. They even say "it can't be covered by hair". My friend did that for another airline and wore makeup over it throughout training. She had to spend 45 minutes layering on makeup, letting it dry and blending it. While on probation, covered it with a bandaid or wore makeup. It was stressful and she could've been fired at any time because of it. Think about on pool day in training too, she had to be really careful. Keep in mind, if you get hired with Delta, they can fire you at ANY time throughout your career if a manager sees your tattoo, if a customer complains about it, if another FA sees it and writes you up to their manager. You had an altercation with a crew member and they saw your ink? You better hope they don't go running to their manager to rat you out. You'll be constantly watching your back. And once you're fired or let go from training because of that, you have a scar on your employment record and you can't ever go back to Delta, even if you have it removed.

2: Have the tattoo removed professionally so you have nothing to worry about. If you really want to work for Delta, I'd say this is your best option.

Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Here's my 2 cents on "visible tattoos". If you feel your tattoos aren't visible, then mark no visible tattoos when asked in the video interview. Once you get to the f2f interview in Atlanta, they will ask again, show them your tattoos and let them decide if they are visible.

Interviews will be held September and October. The need for flight attendants this time around will be about half compared to past recruitment events.

Reply - Report abuse

TLCRobb in Carbondale, Illinois

13 months ago

I am a mature person, 55 to be exact and about to retire from my current career. Mandatory retirement at 57, eligible to retire any day I want right now. I think I have too many more years to just stop working, so after a lot of soul searching, I made up my mind to pursue something, I want to do, have always wanted to do. I have customer service experience, i.e. bartender, waitress in my past, however for the past 23 years I have worked in the prison system. I am single, grown child and flexible regarding relocating, have nothing to hold me back. Working in the prison system I think provides me with customer experience as well. Also, have to be self defensed trained and CPR certified and know how to respond in emergency situations. For you that are already in the industry, would I be a good FA candidate? Also, how hard is Atlanta to get? How long would one have to work to possibly get that base?

Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

TLCRobb in Carbondale, Illinois said: I am a mature person, 55 to be exact and about to retire from my current career. Mandatory retirement at 57, eligible to retire any day I want right now. I think I have too many more years to just stop working, so after a lot of soul searching, I made up my mind to pursue something, I want to do, have always wanted to do. I have customer service experience, i.e. bartender, waitress in my past, however for the past 23 years I have worked in the prison system. I am single, grown child and flexible regarding relocating, have nothing to hold me back. Working in the prison system I think provides me with customer experience as well. Also, have to be self defensed trained and CPR certified and know how to respond in emergency situations. For you that are already in the industry, would I be a good FA candidate? Also, how hard is Atlanta to get? How long would one have to work to possibly get that base?

Your qualifications is fine. I flew with an officer in the police department not too long ago dealing with the bad guys. You would never know. He was so much fun to work with. The best of all, we felt safe. To get Atlanta, is reasonable, I say 6months to a year is realistic.

Reply - Report abuse

VinoFlowers in Ellenwood, Georgia

13 months ago

Lime in California said: Sure, I guess you can do one of two things:

1: Lie. Try to cover it up, however you can. There is no way around it though, you are lying on your application if you do this. They even show a very clear video in the video interview and you have to answer the question Yes or no about if you have a visible tattoo. They.........

Thank you for replying. That was well put.. I'm sure this will be helpful to others as well.

Reply - Report abuse

VinoFlowers in Ellenwood, Georgia

13 months ago

park ave stewardess in Park Ave, New York said: Here's my 2 cents on "visible tattoos". If you feel your tattoos aren't visible, then mark no visible tattoos when asked in the video interview. Once you get to the f2f interview in Atlanta, they will ask again, show them your tattoos and let them decide if they are visible.

Interviews will be held September and October. The need for flight attendants this time around will be about half compared to past recruitment events.

That's very solid advice! Thanks

Reply - Report abuse

Kayla in Whittier, California

13 months ago

Just received VI invite this morning. Any Advice?
Thank you :)

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.