DELTA Airlines Flight Attendant Hiring 2013

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2051 to 2100 of 18092)
Page:  « First « Previous   39  40  41  42  43  44  45  Next »   Last »

mirievan in Quincy, Massachusetts

18 months ago

Melee in ATL, Georgia said: If you responded "no" to the passport question then they will not be calling you.

So after they called me 2 times, I called them and did have my passport but it was expired. They told me to call that number back as soon as I got my new passport. Wich is in 2 weeks. If you don't have your passport when they call you maje sure u tell them you are still waiting for it, and you should be fine.
Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

deltahopeful100 in Hopkins, Minnesota

18 months ago

Kyle in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Hi Guys,
I posted this in another forum, but just wanted some reassurance here. I had my roommmate measure my height with a tape measure, and I am five feet nine and a half inches tall. (I wanted to spell it all out so that we all knew exactly how tall I was.) My question is, am I too tall to be a flight attendant? I know I'll probably be good on the major airlines, but I want to start with a regional just to get some experience under my belt. I've seen some regional sites where they ask that you be no taller than 5' 10", but for some reason, I'm worried that even though I'm five nine and a half, this will still disqualify me from being a flight attendant for a regional carrier. (By the way, we measured with my shoes off.) What do you guys think? Do you think I'd be fine with both regional and mainline carriers? I just need some reassurance, as I've wanted to be a flight attendant since I was a kid. Also, anyone know anything about having to push/pull the 100 to 150 pound beverage carts? That seems really rough to me. I'm sure I could do it with someone else, but not by myself. Again, any answers to my questions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ur fine. Some regionals say no taller than 6'3". When you get your drug screening, they also measure your height. In my experience, the airline won't measure you themselves (independent third party sort of thing). And 5' 9 (1/2)" is still shorter than 5'10".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ms1908 in Michigan

18 months ago

I applies for the job I am just waiting on my call does anyone know what they will say about my passport not being here yet I already applied for it just waiting for it to come in the mail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ms1908 in Michigan

18 months ago

Ms1908 in Michigan said: I applies for the job I am just waiting on my call does anyone know what they will say about my passport not being here yet I already applied for it just waiting for it to come in the mail

Applied

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Ms1908 in Michigan said: Applied

They told me to call back once I received it.

skobos in Irmo, South Carolina

18 months ago

mirievan in Quincy, Massachusetts said: They told me to call back once I received it.

Did you put "yes" to having a passport on your application? I'm trying to decide if I should try and contact someone to see if a change can be made to my application once I receive it (which should be in about two weeks) since I said "no" on the app because I currently don't have one.

I just applied on the 24th and am a non-referral, so I know I have some time before they even get to me anyway, if they decide I'm a good candidate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms1908 in Michigan

18 months ago

skobos in Irmo, South Carolina said: Did you put "yes" to having a passport on your application? I'm trying to decide if I should try and contact someone to see if a change can be made to my application once I receive it (which should be in about two weeks) since I said "no" on the app because I currently don't have one.

I just applied on the 24th and am a non-referral, so I know I have some time before they even get to me anyway, if they decide I'm a good candidate.

I put yes only because my passport is on the way and they gave me the date that it would expire which is10 years from the day I applied

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ms1908 in Michigan

18 months ago

mirievan in Quincy, Massachusetts said: They told me to call back once I received it.

Oh ok thanks

Wannabe Flight Attendant in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

I applied on 12/12.. Non LOD.. My mom works for delta but I couldnt get the refferal because I submitted my application before she was able to send it to me.. Does anyone know what can he done about this..

Oblscbc in Ponce, Puerto Rico

18 months ago

Wannabe Flight Attendant in Brooklyn, New York said: I applied on 12/12.. Non LOD.. My mom works for delta but I couldnt get the refferal because I submitted my application before she was able to send it to me.. Does anyone know what can he done about this..

Absolutly nothing. Referrals must be sent BEFORE you apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wannabe Flight Attendant in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

Oblscbc in Ponce, Puerto Rico said: Absolutly nothing. Referrals must be sent BEFORE you apply.

That sucks.. I was thinking about withdrawing the application and reapplying.. but that i will put my application even further back//

DeltaLove in Daytona Beach, Florida

18 months ago

Delta finally took down the Flight Attendants- Non-Bilingual Speaking Qualification down. No more can apply if you are Non-LOD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

retired F/At to rehire F/A in Kingsport, Tennessee

18 months ago

So this is my problem be hired by one airline to start training next month and had my phone interview and got email telling me to be patient they will be contacting me for a f2f and they were working on the others with a second language. I am retired F/A from another airline. I want Delta mainline I have already been offered a F/a Job start training in 1/2013 what would you do. We use to be able to put off training once hired but things have changed I am sure any ideas would be helpful this is a Great Problem to have. the recruiter said I would be getting email with flight info to come to f2f but I am worried I will get it while in training. What's a girl to do?

18 months ago

retired F/At to rehire F/A in Kingsport, Tennessee said: So this is my problem be hired by one airline to start training next month and had my phone interview and got email telling me to be patient they will be contacting me for a f2f and they were working on the others with a second language. I am retired F/A from another airline. I want Delta mainline I have already been offered a F/a Job start training in 1/2013 what would you do. We use to be able to put off training once hired but things have changed I am sure any ideas would be helpful this is a Great Problem to have. the recruiter said I would be getting email with flight info to come to f2f but I am worried I will get it while in training. What's a girl to do?

Did DL tell you when is your f2f?

18 months ago

Wannabe Flight Attendant in Brooklyn, New York said: That sucks.. I was thinking about withdrawing the application and reapplying.. but that i will put my application even further back//

Don't do that because you will have to wait 6 months before applying you can tell them that you had referal once they call you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Oblscbc in Ponce, Puerto Rico said: Did DL tell you when is your f2f?

I got a email it said....Dear Teresa,

Dear ME

We wanted to let you know that we are first focusing on the positions which require language abilities as the process for these candidates requires additional steps. We are also anxious to get you to the final step which is a face-to-face interview in Atlanta, GA. Thank you so much for your interest in joining us as we set the standard for customer service!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

skobos in Irmo, South Carolina said: Did you put "yes" to having a passport on your application? I'm trying to decide if I should try and contact someone to see if a change can be made to my application once I receive it (which should be in about two weeks) since I said "no" on the app because I currently don't have one.

I did put yes on the application. And I just applied for my passport renewal today. The lady from Delta told me to call them back once k get the bew passport. She said they will put my application on hold so I don't need to worry about losing my chances for a phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

retired F/At to rehire F/A in Kingsport, Tennessee said: I got a email it said....Dear Teresa,

Dear ME

We wanted to let you know that we are first focusing on the positions which require language abilities as the process for these candidates requires additional steps. We are also anxious to get you to the final step which is a face-to-face interview in Atlanta, GA. Thank you so much for your interest in joining us as we set the standard for customer service!

I say just go to training in the airline that is already offering you to go to training. Who knows. Maybe you won't be invited to DL's f2f until after you are done with training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Scottsdale, Arizona

18 months ago

I am very excited! I did my phone interview yesturday and he said I want to congratulate you and you have been selected to go on to the next step which a sr recruiter will call you and again congratulations. I was like omg wow so I am very and super excited. It was not hard a lot of situational questions, and tell me about a situation at work that did not go so good and how you handled it and tell me the steps you di d to make it successful. Nothing hard. Another one was in the last 5 yrs what have learned in either at home or in the work place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California

18 months ago

retired F/At to rehire F/A in Kingsport, Tennessee said: I got a email it said....Dear Teresa,

Dear ME

We wanted to let you know that we are first focusing on the positions which require language abilities as the process for these candidates requires additional steps. We are also anxious to
get you to the final step which is a face-to-face
interview in Atlanta, GA. Thank you so much for
your interest in joining us as we set the standard
for customer service!

I received a similar email if not the exact same one shortly after I finished my assessment. I think it may be standard if you passed your assessment test. I applied on the 14th, got that email on the 14th and received my phone interviews yesterday. Now I am waiting to hear from the Sr. recruiter.

18 months ago

Yes I know the process but I am really at hard spot I start training with another airline in less than 30 days. I was shocked about delta I had several referals and found out the had rec. me for a flight attendant and this was while i was in Atl just coming home from being offered position with airline. The good thing I will be in Deltas base city for training..Where they would be holding interviews...its just hard to be at 2 places at once and I don't want a company to be out the cost of training if I were to be offered Delta mainline.Because it does cost hundreds of dollars for them to give you a background check as well as a drug test and so fourth. I am just Praying they call me before I start training so I will know if I go. This has happened to me with the airline I worked for before. I got hired by Northwest while in training my airline called me back to work because we were furloughed right them and there they said we are going to cancel class so strange.but it has happened.

18 months ago

Does having a referral really help your chances?

EWRFA in New Jersey

18 months ago

Krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California said: Does having a referral really help your chances?

It gets your application looked at quicker, I believe. I think if the referral is from a less than stellar employee, it might not be good. If it's from one of their top employees, it won't be enough to get you hired if you don't wow them at the F2F.

18 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: It gets your application looked at quicker, I believe. I think if the referral is from a less than stellar employee, it might not be good. If it's from one of their top employees, it won't be enough to get you hired if you don't wow them at the F2F.

Yes that's what was thinking. Basically that you just get seen faster. That or maybe that there was a point system and you get extra ones for knowing someone well enough to give you a referral :)

Nediz in Orlando, Florida

18 months ago

Hi there,

First of all, congratulations to those of you who have had phone interviews, how exciting!

I applied to the no language skills required on the 12th, received 2 emails, but have not heard anything else from Delta. At this point I am trying to stay positive, but it is kind of hard since I speak 3 languages, have a degree in psychology and had 2 delta FA referrals, and yet not been considered to make it to the next step. The link for applying is now gone, and my application status is "under review. Not even sure what that means. Should I just assume that they have finished filling all the spots for this position?

Best of luck to those of you who get hired, and maybe one day soon I will get to work with you guys :)

18 months ago

Nediz in Orlando, Florida said: Hi there,

First of all, congratulations to those of you who have had phone interviews, how exciting!

I applied to the no language skills required on the 12th, received 2 emails, but have not heard anything else from Delta. At this point I am trying to stay positive, but it is kind of hard since I speak 3 languages, have a degree in psychology and had 2 delta FA referrals, and yet not been considered to make it to the next step. The link for applying is now gone, and my application status is "under review. Not even sure what that means. Should I just assume that they have finished filling all the spots for this position?
Best of luck to those of you who get hired, and maybe one day soon I will get to work with you guys :)

I wouldn't give up hope just yet, I applied to the non lod on the 14th with one referral and got the two email and just barely did my interviews yesterday. They did have over 30k apply so patience is the name of the game. Pray and keep hope alive! :)

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

18 months ago

Hello all!

This will be my last inquiry on this forum. Did any LOD get contacted for a FTF yet?
Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona

18 months ago

Krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California said: I received a similar email if not the exact same one shortly after I finished my assessment. I think it may be standard if you passed your assessment test. I applied on the 14th, got that email on the 14th and received my phone interviews yesterday. Now I am waiting to hear from the Sr. recruiter.

I am with ya did they tell you if you would be goinjg to the next step they told me that ..so I am excited..

UGAswimmer in Athens, Georgia

18 months ago

Aaaaah I just got my phone interview! I applied last week (NonLOD and referral) and I finally got the call! They did the first round interview and I passed so they moved on to the next one right then and there! She asked about the STAR topics y'all have all talked about (thanks a MILLION for the heads up on the crying baby, drunk passenger, and passenger angry about having to check a bag) and then some personal experience questions. She said I did good and I passed and they will e-mail me or call me in the future about the next step. This makes me nervous though since I think some of y'all said that they told you this and then didn't make it? :(

Hope y'all get a good interviewer and do well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona said: I am with ya did they tell you if you would be goinjg to the next step they told me that ..so I am excited..

My recruiter was by the book from the start all though I wouldn't say she was mean I wouldn't use the word nice either. She was professional, and at the end she said she would be passing my information to the Sr. recruiter and to be patient about hearing back from them. From what I understand that means I am on to the next step, although some recruiters were "nicer" and congradulated applicants I think it means the same depending on the persons warmth :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

guyfly2012 in chicago, Illinois

18 months ago

i called today and my recruiter was nice she told me the same thing about passing my information and to expect a call or an email with the next step. hoping for good news!

fa4ever in Chandler, Arizona

18 months ago

Delta FA Guy in Atlanta, Georgia said: *****Continue

**At Delta we have a unique reserve system in which you only do 6 (six) Adays (reserve) a month. Sometimes, its gone up to 9 Adays depending on the base due to trips that are 6 days or longer. Most airlines starts you off on reserve until you are senior enough to hold a schedule. At Delta, once you complete training, you will hold a schedule. You can drop your Adays to the swapboard and if someone picks them up, you won't have to do Adays. If no one picks up your Adays, you are responsible to the do your scheduled Adays. The same applies for trips on your schedule. You can post them to the swapboard and hope that someone picks them up or drop to open time and hope that the company drops the trip from your schedule.

For now, concentrate on the first step. If you have questions, please ask and I or another FA will answer your question.

I wish each and everyone of you the best of luck. We are very excited of the hiring to take place and we welcome you with open arms.

Thank you delta guy...I had my phone interviews yesturday and today one for non-bilingual and one for french and been selected to move to the next step in the process so I am excited to say I am very thrilled and better get those french tapes out have not used it n a very long time..Delta guy can you email me at jarehead1264@aol.com...I have queswtions about the french..I can not wait to join your professional team of flight attendants..I heard dal is getting a raise in jan for starting pay do you happen toknow what it is...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California said: My recruiter was by the book from the start all though I wouldn't say she was mean I wouldn't use the word nice either. She was professional, and at the end she said she would be passing my information to the Sr. recruiter and to be patient about hearing back from them. From what I understand that means I am on to the next step, although some recruiters were "nicer" and congradulated applicants I think it means the same depending on the persons warmth :)

I would say your fine if she said you have been moved to the next process..

Ifrit in k va a ser abuela, Texas

18 months ago

I think many of us have been told that a senior recruiter will contact us for more information and whatnot. it can't mean all of us are going to f2f? do the senior recruiters make the final decision on who will be receiving the f2f invitation and who wont?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

wow that makes sense yes it was two interviews in one..you p ass the screening part baby cryinhg, drunk passenger, bags, pax really needing to use the washroom then she said I am moving you forward and did the others a time at work wheree theree was a miscommunication at work etc...and then put me on hold and said you have be selected to go to the next step..when they did this in 2010 they called me to offer me a face to face but back then they did the two interviews on seperate occasions but I made it...nowe for the call...rh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

UGAswimmer in Athens, Georgia

18 months ago

Ifrit in k va a ser abuela, Texas said: I think many of us have been told that a senior recruiter will contact us for more information and whatnot. it can't mean all of us are going to f2f? do the senior recruiters make the final decision on who will be receiving the f2f invitation and who wont?

I am worried about this too! There has to be another cut somewhere before the f2f

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

18 months ago

UGAswimmer in Athens, Georgia said: I am worried about this too! There has to be another cut somewhere before the f2f

I haven't been contacted at all. Who should be more worried?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia

18 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: I haven't been contacted at all. Who should be more worried?

I haven't either. I applied as a Non-LOD, Non-referall, and my app still says " under review"...I'm not worried yet though.
≈Still holding out hope≈

18 months ago

Wannabe Flight Attendant in Brooklyn, New York said: I applied on 12/12.. Non LOD.. My mom works for delta but I couldnt get the refferal because I submitted my application before she was able to send it to me.. Does anyone know what can he done about this..

Nothing. I have the same issue. My husband is good friends with a Pilot whose been with Delta for over 20 years who was going to put in a referral for me but since I had already started the application, it was no longer possible to put in a referral in. He said probably the next best thing he could do is to write a letter of recommendation. Maybe your mom could do that for you?

deltahopeful100 in Hopkins, Minnesota

18 months ago

UGAswimmer in Athens, Georgia said: I am worried about this too! There has to be another cut somewhere before the f2f

In 2010, I was told I passed the interviews and the next step was a f2f and should hear from a sr. recruiter etc. I never heard from the sr. recruiter and never had the f2f. Just because one was told they passed does not necessarily mean they will be getting a f2f. As for this time around, Im still waiting for my phone interview(s). Im not worried that i'm still waiting, they will get to me when they get to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anervouswreck in Atl, Georgia

18 months ago

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia said: I haven't either. I applied as a Non-LOD, Non-referall, and my app still says " under review"...I'm not worried yet though.
≈Still holding out hope≈

Me too:-( non lod non referral.. We have to tell eachother if the call comes..

18 months ago

fa4ever in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I am very excited! I did my phone interview yesturday and he said I want to congratulate you and you have been selected to go on to the next step which a sr recruiter will call you and again congratulations. I was like omg wow so I am very and super excited. It was not hard a lot of situational questions, and tell me about a situation at work that did not go so good and how you handled it and tell me the steps you di d to make it successful. Nothing hard. Another one was in the last 5 yrs what have learned in either at home or in the work place.

Hi fa4ever,
I was curious if the question about the " what have you learned in the last 5 years" was something they want you to give specific examples on? For example lets say you said, " I learned to be more sensitive to those around me" Are they looking for a specific example that should be givin in the STAR format of how/why you became that way? How many examples did you have to give?

ibelieveicanflyyy in Geyserville, California

18 months ago

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia said: I haven't either. I applied as a Non-LOD, Non-referall, and my app still says " under review"...I'm not worried yet though.
≈Still holding out hope≈

Same here, applied as a non lod/no referral and still nothin. They'll get to us!

18 months ago

Anervouswreck in Atl, Georgia said: Me too:-( non lod non referral.. We have to tell eachother if the call comes..

Agreed. Just for reference, I applied on Dec 14th.

wings2fly in Dallas, Texas

18 months ago

fa4ever in Chandler, Arizona said: Thank you delta guy...I had my phone interviews yesturday and today one for non-bilingual and one for french and been selected to move to the next step in the process so I am excited to say I am very thrilled and better get those french tapes out have not used it n a very long time..Delta guy can you email me at jarehead1264@aol.com...I have queswtions about the french..I can not wait to join your professional team of flight attendants..I heard dal is getting a raise in jan for starting pay do you happen toknow what it is...

You had 2 interviews yesterday and then you had 2 more today??

Ifrit in k va a ser abuela, Texas

18 months ago

deltahopeful100 in Hopkins, Minnesota said: In 2010, I was told I passed the interviews and the next step was a f2f and should hear from a sr. recruiter etc. I never heard from the sr. recruiter and never had the f2f. Just because one was told they passed does not necessarily mean they will be getting a f2f. As for this time around, Im still waiting for my phone interview(s). Im not worried that i'm still waiting, they will get to me when they get to me.

None of us is safe just yet. We are all waiting

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

18 months ago

Yes. The recruiter said is not up to them to make that decision- the file is forwarded to the senior recruiters. The results: 1) we hear from Delta w/ a FTF. 2) receive a rejection email. 3) don't hear from them at all.
Have said that, take my words with a grain of salt. This is just what I have summed up so far. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

wings2fly in Dallas, Texas said: You had 2 interviews yesterday and then you had 2 more today??

yes it is two in one they screen you first then if they like you theyt tell you be slected to the next process and proceed with more questions and at the end if they still like you they say congrat..you have made it to the final step where a recruiter will call you for the final steps..I did this twice once yesturday and then again today for the french so I am thinking the next thing is the set up for the face to face..but that is just my thought..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

ibelieveicanflyyy in Geyserville, California said: Same here, applied as a non lod/no referral and still nothin. They'll get to us!

yes they will

18 months ago

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia said: Nothing. I have the same issue. My husband is good friends with a Pilot whose been with Delta for over 20 years who was going to put in a referral for me but since I had already started the application, it was no longer possible to put in a referral in. He said probably the next best thing he could do is to write a letter of recommendation. Maybe your mom could do that for you?

Also this is just a suggestion I would tell them that at the time your referal could not put their name in and would do this if you make it to the f2f but not unil then..

Page:  « First « Previous   39  40  41  42  43  44  45  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.