DELTA Airlines Flight Attendant Hiring 2013

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2051 to 2100 of 18155)
Page:  « First « Previous   39  40  41  42  43  44  45  Next »   Last »

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona

41 months ago

Krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California said: I received a similar email if not the exact same one shortly after I finished my assessment. I think it may be standard if you passed your assessment test. I applied on the 14th, got that email on the 14th and received my phone interviews yesterday. Now I am waiting to hear from the Sr. recruiter.

I am with ya did they tell you if you would be goinjg to the next step they told me that ..so I am excited..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ugaswimmer in Athens, Georgia

41 months ago

Aaaaah I just got my phone interview! I applied last week (NonLOD and referral) and I finally got the call! They did the first round interview and I passed so they moved on to the next one right then and there! She asked about the STAR topics y'all have all talked about (thanks a MILLION for the heads up on the crying baby, drunk passenger, and passenger angry about having to check a bag) and then some personal experience questions. She said I did good and I passed and they will e-mail me or call me in the future about the next step. This makes me nervous though since I think some of y'all said that they told you this and then didn't make it? :(

Hope y'all get a good interviewer and do well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California

41 months ago

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona said: I am with ya did they tell you if you would be goinjg to the next step they told me that ..so I am excited..

My recruiter was by the book from the start all though I wouldn't say she was mean I wouldn't use the word nice either. She was professional, and at the end she said she would be passing my information to the Sr. recruiter and to be patient about hearing back from them. From what I understand that means I am on to the next step, although some recruiters were "nicer" and congradulated applicants I think it means the same depending on the persons warmth :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

guyfly2012 in chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

i called today and my recruiter was nice she told me the same thing about passing my information and to expect a call or an email with the next step. hoping for good news!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Chandler, Arizona

41 months ago

Delta FA Guy in Atlanta, Georgia said: *****Continue

**At Delta we have a unique reserve system in which you only do 6 (six) Adays (reserve) a month. Sometimes, its gone up to 9 Adays depending on the base due to trips that are 6 days or longer. Most airlines starts you off on reserve until you are senior enough to hold a schedule. At Delta, once you complete training, you will hold a schedule. You can drop your Adays to the swapboard and if someone picks them up, you won't have to do Adays. If no one picks up your Adays, you are responsible to the do your scheduled Adays. The same applies for trips on your schedule. You can post them to the swapboard and hope that someone picks them up or drop to open time and hope that the company drops the trip from your schedule.

For now, concentrate on the first step. If you have questions, please ask and I or another FA will answer your question.

I wish each and everyone of you the best of luck. We are very excited of the hiring to take place and we welcome you with open arms.


Thank you delta guy...I had my phone interviews yesturday and today one for non-bilingual and one for french and been selected to move to the next step in the process so I am excited to say I am very thrilled and better get those french tapes out have not used it n a very long time..Delta guy can you email me at jarehead1264@aol.com...I have queswtions about the french..I can not wait to join your professional team of flight attendants..I heard dal is getting a raise in jan for starting pay do you happen toknow what it is...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona

41 months ago

Krystel_pr in Chatsworth, California said: My recruiter was by the book from the start all though I wouldn't say she was mean I wouldn't use the word nice either. She was professional, and at the end she said she would be passing my information to the Sr. recruiter and to be patient about hearing back from them. From what I understand that means I am on to the next step, although some recruiters were "nicer" and congradulated applicants I think it means the same depending on the persons warmth :)

I would say your fine if she said you have been moved to the next process..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ifrit in k va a ser abuela, Texas

41 months ago

I think many of us have been told that a senior recruiter will contact us for more information and whatnot. it can't mean all of us are going to f2f? do the senior recruiters make the final decision on who will be receiving the f2f invitation and who wont?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona

41 months ago

wow that makes sense yes it was two interviews in one..you p ass the screening part baby cryinhg, drunk passenger, bags, pax really needing to use the washroom then she said I am moving you forward and did the others a time at work wheree theree was a miscommunication at work etc...and then put me on hold and said you have be selected to go to the next step..when they did this in 2010 they called me to offer me a face to face but back then they did the two interviews on seperate occasions but I made it...nowe for the call...rh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ugaswimmer in Athens, Georgia

41 months ago

Ifrit in k va a ser abuela, Texas said: I think many of us have been told that a senior recruiter will contact us for more information and whatnot. it can't mean all of us are going to f2f? do the senior recruiters make the final decision on who will be receiving the f2f invitation and who wont?

I am worried about this too! There has to be another cut somewhere before the f2f

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

41 months ago

UGAswimmer in Athens, Georgia said: I am worried about this too! There has to be another cut somewhere before the f2f

I haven't been contacted at all. Who should be more worried?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia

41 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: I haven't been contacted at all. Who should be more worried?

I haven't either. I applied as a Non-LOD, Non-referall, and my app still says " under review"...I'm not worried yet though.
≈Still holding out hope≈

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia

41 months ago

Wannabe Flight Attendant in Brooklyn, New York said: I applied on 12/12.. Non LOD.. My mom works for delta but I couldnt get the refferal because I submitted my application before she was able to send it to me.. Does anyone know what can he done about this..

Nothing. I have the same issue. My husband is good friends with a Pilot whose been with Delta for over 20 years who was going to put in a referral for me but since I had already started the application, it was no longer possible to put in a referral in. He said probably the next best thing he could do is to write a letter of recommendation. Maybe your mom could do that for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

deltahopeful100 in Hopkins, Minnesota

41 months ago

UGAswimmer in Athens, Georgia said: I am worried about this too! There has to be another cut somewhere before the f2f

In 2010, I was told I passed the interviews and the next step was a f2f and should hear from a sr. recruiter etc. I never heard from the sr. recruiter and never had the f2f. Just because one was told they passed does not necessarily mean they will be getting a f2f. As for this time around, Im still waiting for my phone interview(s). Im not worried that i'm still waiting, they will get to me when they get to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anervouswreck in Atl, Georgia

41 months ago

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia said: I haven't either. I applied as a Non-LOD, Non-referall, and my app still says " under review"...I'm not worried yet though.
≈Still holding out hope≈

Me too:-( non lod non referral.. We have to tell eachother if the call comes..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia

41 months ago

fa4ever in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I am very excited! I did my phone interview yesturday and he said I want to congratulate you and you have been selected to go on to the next step which a sr recruiter will call you and again congratulations. I was like omg wow so I am very and super excited. It was not hard a lot of situational questions, and tell me about a situation at work that did not go so good and how you handled it and tell me the steps you di d to make it successful. Nothing hard. Another one was in the last 5 yrs what have learned in either at home or in the work place.

Hi fa4ever,
I was curious if the question about the " what have you learned in the last 5 years" was something they want you to give specific examples on? For example lets say you said, " I learned to be more sensitive to those around me" Are they looking for a specific example that should be givin in the STAR format of how/why you became that way? How many examples did you have to give?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ibelieveicanflyyy in Geyserville, California

41 months ago

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia said: I haven't either. I applied as a Non-LOD, Non-referall, and my app still says " under review"...I'm not worried yet though.
≈Still holding out hope≈

Same here, applied as a non lod/no referral and still nothin. They'll get to us!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia

41 months ago

Anervouswreck in Atl, Georgia said: Me too:-( non lod non referral.. We have to tell eachother if the call comes..

Agreed. Just for reference, I applied on Dec 14th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

wings2fly in Dallas, Texas

41 months ago

fa4ever in Chandler, Arizona said: Thank you delta guy...I had my phone interviews yesturday and today one for non-bilingual and one for french and been selected to move to the next step in the process so I am excited to say I am very thrilled and better get those french tapes out have not used it n a very long time..Delta guy can you email me at jarehead1264@aol.com...I have queswtions about the french..I can not wait to join your professional team of flight attendants..I heard dal is getting a raise in jan for starting pay do you happen toknow what it is...

You had 2 interviews yesterday and then you had 2 more today??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ifrit in k va a ser abuela, Texas

41 months ago

deltahopeful100 in Hopkins, Minnesota said: In 2010, I was told I passed the interviews and the next step was a f2f and should hear from a sr. recruiter etc. I never heard from the sr. recruiter and never had the f2f. Just because one was told they passed does not necessarily mean they will be getting a f2f. As for this time around, Im still waiting for my phone interview(s). Im not worried that i'm still waiting, they will get to me when they get to me.

None of us is safe just yet. We are all waiting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ninearthworms in Anchorage, Alaska

41 months ago

Yes. The recruiter said is not up to them to make that decision- the file is forwarded to the senior recruiters. The results: 1) we hear from Delta w/ a FTF. 2) receive a rejection email. 3) don't hear from them at all.
Have said that, take my words with a grain of salt. This is just what I have summed up so far. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona

41 months ago

wings2fly in Dallas, Texas said: You had 2 interviews yesterday and then you had 2 more today??

yes it is two in one they screen you first then if they like you theyt tell you be slected to the next process and proceed with more questions and at the end if they still like you they say congrat..you have made it to the final step where a recruiter will call you for the final steps..I did this twice once yesturday and then again today for the french so I am thinking the next thing is the set up for the face to face..but that is just my thought..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona

41 months ago

ibelieveicanflyyy in Geyserville, California said: Same here, applied as a non lod/no referral and still nothin. They'll get to us!

yes they will

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona

41 months ago

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia said: Nothing. I have the same issue. My husband is good friends with a Pilot whose been with Delta for over 20 years who was going to put in a referral for me but since I had already started the application, it was no longer possible to put in a referral in. He said probably the next best thing he could do is to write a letter of recommendation. Maybe your mom could do that for you?

Also this is just a suggestion I would tell them that at the time your referal could not put their name in and would do this if you make it to the f2f but not unil then..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona

41 months ago

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia said: Hi fa4ever,
I was curious if the question about the " what have you learned in the last 5 years" was something they want you to give specific examples on? For example lets say you said, " I learned to be more sensitive to those around me" Are they looking for a specific example that should be givin in the STAR format of how/why you became that way? How many examples did you have to give?

just one I told them I am a safety professional etc....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ifrit in k va a ser abuela, Texas

41 months ago

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona said: just one I told them I am a safety professional etc....

oo what do you do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mirievan in Quincy, Massachusetts

41 months ago

skobos in Irmo, South Carolina said: Did you put "yes" to having a passport on your application? I'm trying to decide if I should try and contact someone to see if a change can be made to my application once I receive it (which should be in about two weeks) since I said "no" on the app because I currently don't have one.

I just applied on the 24th and am a non-referral, so I know I have some time before they even get to me anyway, if they decide I'm a good candidate.

I did put yes on the application. And I just applied for my passport renewal today. The lady from Delta told me to call them back once k get the bew passport. She said they will put my application on hold so I don't need to worry about losing my chances for a phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

frenchguy in Florence, Kentucky

41 months ago

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona said: just one I told them I am a safety professional etc....

Bonsoirs Fq4ever quelle genre do question on ta poser en francais. Je suis just curieux? Et ou ta apprend la langue françaises ? Merci

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Downer in Astoria, New York

41 months ago

fa4ever in Chandler, Arizona said: Thank you delta guy...I had my phone interviews yesturday and today one for non-bilingual and one for french and been selected to move to the next step in the process so I am excited to say I am very thrilled and better get those french tapes out have not used it n a very long time..Delta guy can you email me at jarehead1264@aol.com...I have queswtions about the french..I can not wait to join your professional team of flight attendants..I heard dal is getting a raise in jan for starting pay do you happen toknow what it is...

Yeah the base pay is being raised, and at the same time health insurance premiums for FA's are also being raised 35%. Its more like a paycut. That's how the airline industry works folks. They giveth with one hand, and taketh with the other.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

aafuturestew in Illinois

41 months ago

Debbie Downer in Astoria, New York said: Yeah the base pay is being raised, and at the same time health insurance premiums for FA's are also being raised 35%. Its more like a paycut. That's how the airline industry works folks. They giveth with one hand, and taketh with the other.

So true. I got a a dollar raise few months ago and my next yer health ins premiums went up by 2 dollars. You dont ever get to see a raise. Its a loss, you never even break even.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

aafuturestew in Illinois

41 months ago

AAFutureStew in Illinois said: So true. I got a a dollar raise few months ago and my next yer health ins premiums went up by 2 dollars. You dont ever get to see a raise. Its a loss, you never even break even.

The 35% ins premiums raise is just ridiculous. I am even thinking of getting some individual health plan if I can find something cheaper as some of my co workers claim. Sick of paying for some people with chronic illnesses' monthly drugs. Group insurance has its disadvantages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

skobos in Irmo, South Carolina

41 months ago

mirievan in Quincy, Massachusetts said: I did put yes on the application. And I just applied for my passport renewal today. The lady from Delta told me to call them back once k get the bew passport. She said they will put my application on hold so I don't need to worry about losing my chances for a phone interview.

Aahhh I wish I just went ahead and put yes! Do you know how I could contact them? I don't want to be overlooked solely for the passport thing when it's currently being expedited as of today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anervouswreck in Atl, Georgia

41 months ago

LDB823 in Marietta, Georgia said: Agreed. Just for reference, I applied on Dec 14th.

I applied in the 13th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Downer in Astoria, New York

41 months ago

AAFutureStew in Illinois said: The 35% ins premiums raise is just ridiculous. I am even thinking of getting some individual health plan if I can find something cheaper as some of my co workers claim. Sick of paying for some people with chronic illnesses' monthly drugs. Group insurance has its disadvantages.

Its better than no insurance, and honestly the health plan at delta is pretty decent with not a lot of out of pocket expense compared to other plans I've seen. However, don't let anyone fool you when they tell you the flight attendants at Delta have gotten a raise on Jan 1. Its simply not true. Base pay has raised, while at the same time insurance has gotten more expensive and don't forget they cut our profit sharing percentage for 2013.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aafuturestew in Illinois

41 months ago

Debbie Downer in Astoria, New York said: Its better than no insurance, and honestly the health plan at delta is pretty decent with not a lot of out of pocket expense compared to other plans I've seen. However, don't let anyone fool you when they tell you the flight attendants at Delta have gotten a raise on Jan 1. Its simply not true. Base pay has raised, while at the same time insurance has gotten more expensive and don't forget they cut our profit sharing percentage for 2013.

I for one understand exactly what you are saying. Luving it,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

erictrivett in Columbus, Georgia

41 months ago

Hey Guys,
Just wondering. I live in Columbus Ga, and applied with Delta as a FA, I have always wanted to work with an airline and I love to fly, I did the assesment and then it sent me to do the application, So now I gusses I wait. However I was wondering, I am a 46 year old male do you think this will be an issue in their selection? also how far does their criminal back ground check go, I heard 10 years which I am ok..but some companys go even further..any help here?
Thanks again
Eric

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Downer in Astoria, New York

41 months ago

Eric Trivett in Columbus, Georgia said: Hey Guys,
Just wondering. I live in Columbus Ga, and applied with Delta as a FA, I have always wanted to work with an airline and I love to fly, I did the assesment and then it sent me to do the application, So now I gusses I wait. However I was wondering, I am a 46 year old male do you think this will be an issue in their selection? also how far does their criminal back ground check go, I heard 10 years which I am ok..but some companys go even further..any help here?
Thanks again
Eric

Your employment/residency background check will be 10 years, however any criminal convictions against you will be find regardless of how long ago they happened. There are a few convictions that legally bar you from, most of them felonies. Also, if you are inadmissible to Canada based on your conviction, then thats a problem as well. Your age is not a problem. Delta hires a lot of elderly people like you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

erictrivett in Columbus, Georgia

41 months ago

Thanks for the quick responce. I however did not know that 46 was considered "elderly" but ok. In all honesty I would do this job for free. Its always been my dream. My cousin is a Pilot for Delta could he help me any? I put him down on the application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

erictrivett in Columbus, Georgia

41 months ago

WOW.....ok then. My Psychology degree has taught me to never assume. Thank goodness I'm Bi-lol.:) its all good though. Good Luck to every one and never stop pursuing your dreams.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

blueboyhopeful in "Beantown", Massachusetts

41 months ago

Debbie Downer in Astoria, New York said: Only in gay years is 46 considered elderly. Most straight guys don't want this job so I just assume.]
Wow,,,,,I must be ancient by those standards, and not gay either. But at 58, ready to retire from LE and start fresh, new career. Worked in the airline industry in early 80's and would love to return.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Phoenix, Arizona

41 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: I haven't been contacted at all. Who should be more worried?

You have to say to yourself yes I made it this far and there must of been something that they liked or they would not called me. I did well at my two phone interviews so I thinki I would be a great candidate for a face to face. Try to keep the faith and yes the sr recruiter does say yah or nah...so I heard the next step is to invite you to atl. I am hoping as well I am one of them..hope that help you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

flyguy64 in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

48 male here. UA F2F in January... Passed AA phone interview... DL phone interview today. It's never too late!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

blueboyhopeful in "Beantown", Massachusetts

41 months ago

FlyGuy64 in Chicago, Illinois said: 48 male here. UA F2F in January... Passed AA phone interview... DL phone interview today. It's never too late!

Went through the process with JB this past fall, making it to F2F in NY. Thought I did really well at their "Blue Blitz/Review" earning some very positive comments from recruiters present. However, got the dreaded TBNT email. Had been about 30 yrs since last having to go through job interview. So, here I am trying again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

blueboyhopeful in "Beantown", Massachusetts

41 months ago

FlyGuy64 in Chicago, Illinois said: 48 male here. UA F2F in January... Passed AA phone interview... DL phone interview today. It's never too late!

If you dont mind my asking, what is/was your current/past career ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mirievan in Quincy, Massachusetts

41 months ago

skobos in Irmo, South Carolina said: Aahhh I wish I just went ahead and put yes! Do you know how I could contact them? I don't want to be overlooked solely for the passport thing when it's currently being expedited as of today.

I would suggest to wait for them to call you first, like happened to me. But if you would prefer to call them I can give you the number.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flyguy64 in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

blueboyhopeful in "Beantown", Massachusetts said: If you dont mind my asking, what is/was your current/past career ?

I flew before for two different carriers. Thought I was 'done' and miss the smell of jet fuel. I have spent the balance of my career in training and development. As a side note, I was rejected by three carriers before I got my first set of wings in my 30s. No matter what happens, keep trying if this is your dream.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

blueboyhopeful in "Beantown", Massachusetts

41 months ago

FlyGuy64 in Chicago, Illinois said: I flew before for two different carriers. Thought I was 'done' and miss the smell of jet fuel. I have spent the balance of my career in training and development. As a side note, I was rejected by three carriers before I got my first set of wings in my 30s. No matter what happens, keep trying if this is your dream.

I will definitely keep trying. Like you, I miss the smell of jet fuel and the hustle and bustle of the airport !! Have been 28 years in Law Enforcement, and ready to retire from that career and begin anew. I still feel too young to just hang it up. Can't sit still for too long and I am not into golf !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyle in Salt Lake City, Utah

41 months ago

I was stressing about my height last night, but I confirmed it with a friend of mine, he measured me without shoes, and I come in at 5' 9 1/2". Very excited about it as I am pretty much able to work for any airline now without being restricted by my height. (I thought I was too tall) I've wanted to be a flight attendant since I was a kid so I'm going to go for it. Going to get my passport tomorrow. :-) Good luck everyone! I'll let you know if I hear anything, I applied as a non-LOD speaker and don't have a referral, so I am sitting tight like everyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

deltahopeful100 in Hopkins, Minnesota

41 months ago

Debbie Downer in Astoria, New York said: Only in gay years is 46 considered elderly. Most straight guys don't want this job so I just assume.

Missed u DD!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ocfa in Orange County, California

41 months ago

Hey Everyone!
My status says under review and I applied on 12/12 like most people on here LOL! My passport should be coming in a couple more weeks like after the new year. What should I do next? When will delta call me? im excited :)

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

flyby in monroe, New York

41 months ago

Can anyone give me a number where i can call to find out the status of my application. I took the assessment passed, them my phone interview, but dont know if I passed it or not. No rejection e-mail, or anything. I want to check the status of my application but everything time I tried to do that i get a message that says, that my account has been blocked. Any help will be appreciated.
thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   39  40  41  42  43  44  45  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.